(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saddath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5754 3 years ago

I'm in the club soon.
Went to a retailer last weekend. He had a premium left. Will get delivered next week.
I'm so hyped. My first NIB.

#5756 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Excellent choice for a first NIB. It was my first as well. Enjoy!!

Yeah it is the first pin i felt is worth the money for it
Those shots and modes are so much fun. And i love the theme.

Will be a great addition to my other games.

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How much does HD glass improve this game? Do you guys think it's worth it?

I have non reflective glass on all my machines. If you got the money for it it is absolutely worth it in my opinion. It makes every game look as if there is no glass inside. Already had a lot of people trying to touch the playfield and hit the glass they did not see.

1 week later
#5945 3 years ago

My

Quoted from roar:

I’m confused by the right insect comment I keep reading about. I doubt any of the insects are prehistoric that they are putting in them... anyone have side by side comparison of the right one vs the wrong one?

I got mine from Modfather today. I really like it. Looks better than the latest stern ones.

Now i just got to work on installing LEDs in the plate to match the stern one.

IMG_20200721_152537 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_152537 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_152602 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_152602 (resized).jpg

#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Did you ever get this resolved?? My ball is going SDTM on the regular when we hit the Control Room. Is it just a balance issue? Or something I need to adjust in the playfield? It is very frustrating. I am constantly avoiding the Control Room unless the trap is lit. It is a lost ball SDTM 50%+ of the time requiring excess nudging.

I can stop mine on the left flipper by just holding it up. It should definately drop on the left flipper.
Have you set your game at the right angle?
Mine is on 6.8 degree

#5956 3 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

The “mosquito” (crane fly) looks awesome in the shooter rod I just built.
I ordered the cane topper from-
https://cosology.com/collections/jurassic-park-collection/products/jurassic-park-amber-cane-topper-john-hammond-egg-only?variant=28957324476450
Drilled it out and added a led light strip on the back of the shooter rod plate.
I need to touch up the drilled holes in the shooter plate as the light reflects off the raw metal and flares upwards, painting the hole flat black should fix this.
The placement of the bug in the resin is perfect though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I plan to add a LED lightstrip to the back too. You got to use a 5V LED strip right?
or can i use a 12V lightstrip and it will just shine less bright?

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I gave it a really proper tightening this morning. Mine was a February 2020 build, so i'm hopeful that I already have the right post. I've only had the game a month, hoping this pic doesn't look too bad to you all with a keen eye.
[quoted image]

You can see it under the playfield but i guess you already got the new post as you got the new "no art around posts"
At least you caan't see any damage on your pic.

#6072 3 years ago

After two weeks of owning my JP I just had the best game so far.
828mil. Almost reached visitor center (1 Dino left) even tough i mostly played for Museum Mayhem. I got 2 Extraballs (cheated T-rex with smart missile). Reached Museum Mayhem for the first time too. Man what a fun mode.
I even started two control room modes and completed one.

Hope I will still get better and reach visitor center soon . I really love this game so far. So much to do.

Do you guys play for a 3rd Extraball (rescues + maybe T-rex, is there another easy one?).
And what do you need to do to light the 3rd Control Room mode?

On the topic of the shooter lane. Mine is beginning to chip too after around 300 games. I think i will just install the cliffy and it will be fine. My trough power is at minimum already.

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

mine came from factory aligned like your red line. But as i just read, Keith designed the game with a littlebit droopier flippers.
I just can assume he means something like the green line.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106
the thing is, those small adjustments can have a big impact on gameplay you wouldn't guess... just like swapping out original stern hard post rubbers (= super fast drains), or waxing a new game.

Just read 2 posts below the post you linked.
Keith clearly confirms:
Middle of the flipper to the middle of alignement hole.
The top flipper: top of the flipper to the alignement hole.

I think thats pretty clear.

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from tyson171:

How do these compare to the official stern rods? Just curious.

Last i heard stern ones got an inferior insect inside of it. Modfathers are not lighted u but got a great mosquito in it. But I'm working on getting mine lighted up too. Will need some work.
IMG_20200721_152602 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_152602 (resized).jpg

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from bocce:

If your trex is not centering make sure this set screw is tight. This is how it knows where center is and if it’s loose it will be inconsistent
[quoted image]

85vett
Already checked this? Might be your problem.

1 week later
#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Having fun modding out my JP Pro. I just bought a cool Jurassic World Isla Nublar Escape set at Target($29) that has a great John Hammond legacy figure with mosquito cane included. I think he would fit well into the game but my game is starting to get too congested with mods-I already have gone overboard and do not want it to look cheesy. Tried to recreate the scene with Dr. Ian Malcolm running away from T-Rex breaking through fence, and wondering if I should add John Hammond on other side(above upper flipper) as well? Has anyone added John Hammond? Also still looking for Stern Mosquito Shooter mod if anyone knows where to get one?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It would be already too much for me as it is. You want the lighted shooter rod? If not i can recommend the one from modfather.

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Bummer. I kind of like green better. Oh well.
What are you doing there?

I'm also team brown. But I like the brown one better. Guess I got lucky.

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Ok just upgraded my newest pins to invisglass from cointaker on my 2016 medieval madness remake and my 2020 JP premium. Wow. Now I know what all the hype is about on the new LE pinballs that have this. Is is pricey yes, but is there limited glare and more fun factor because you can see all the shots, oh yes. [quoted image][quoted image]

This is why i gpt nonglare glass on all of my games. It makes a huge difference.

2 weeks later
#6687 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

My balls have suddenly started to get stuck in the helicopter blades. It seems like the ball lifts the blades. I've checked the top screw and it's snug. Suggestions? [quoted image]

Mine got stuck alot without balls trapped under it. The end of the metal was getting stuck in the board under the playfield. Changing position of the board slightly solved it for me.

Quoted from fisherdaman:

Anyone rocking a custom translite?

Yeah a friend made one for me. Looks great lighted.
IMG_20200904_002246 (resized).jpgIMG_20200904_002246 (resized).jpg

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I was sick of the clean shot to the tower ramp rejects (yeah the ones that come out to the top or to the right of the right sling), to the point that the game felt clunky and I hadn't been playing it much.
Tonight I finally got around to filing the flap screw down like someone had previously suggested so the ball can't touch it and it made a HUGE difference.
Every single clean shot to the tower (at least 20 or 30 in a row) sailed right through smooth as butter!
On mine you could see where the ball had been hitting it, if you can't, just mark the inside edge before you remove it and file it away, i had to take a little off the top as well.
As long as you can still grab it with a #1 bit in there you are good.
Once you get it so the ball clears it completely I guarantee you will notice a difference.
That little detail has brought back the fun and flow of this game for me, just knowing that if I hit it clean it WILL go through and that shot feels so good when it does but is REALLY annoying when it doesn't.

Yeah i changed the screw to one with a flatter head. It's so much better now. I can definately recommend to check it. Even if it touches just slightly it makes it extremely clunky.

1 week later
#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

This has happened to me many times.
Usually when I’m starting to light it up,
Not sure what causes it, but I like it!!

Yeah had this happen once too. Think i did not chosse 5 rescues.

#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You can also get the same effect with the 'Clear paddock' award.
Rescues awarded pushes you over the next threshold.

That would be possible.

1 week later
#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I replaced the rubbers when I got this game, but couldn't remove the right ramp to get the ones under it. How does that ramp come off?

By right ramp you mean the helix one or the helipad?

The Helix ramp can be removed as a whole piece (Ramp and wireform). There are 2 Nuts under the playfield that hold it. There may be another on top but it should be selfexplanatory after loosening the ones under the playfield.

#7136 3 years ago

Not really doing it for me. Even tough i like a more classical looking alternate translight (got one myself). To have actors on the translight looks a bit cheesy for me. It's all taste in the end.

2 weeks later
#7433 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you guys tell me how your game plays? When I shoot for the helipad ramp, and miss, it drains back out and hits the rubber in the picture. This send the ball all over the place. The rubber in my game is not factory. I did not install it. Maybe it’s fatter? Is the ball supposed to feed back to the right flipper? Or is this the ways it’s designed?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Factory rubber sent it to the left flipper. With titans I got the same problem. It sends it to the left sling. Makes the game much harder. Every miss of that heli ramp hurts. Will have to try and change it sometime.

#7450 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

A couple of new alternate translite versions available. Some good content to the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good but it would be too modern for me with the chopper.
But I'm already totally happy with my alternate backglass anyway

I'm sure a lot of people will dig the look.

2 weeks later
#7700 3 years ago

Yesterday i had my first billion game. 1.2bil.
I went to secure control room and failed closely. Reached visitor center and completed it. And when museum mayhem was ready and the ball cradled in the right flipper i was to nervous hit the post and drained.

But now i know that escape nublar is reachable with my skill I'm even more motivated to get to it. I gotta take care of the S ramp issues and it should be much easier. Every botched shot is sent into the slings because of slightly thicker/bouncier titan rubbers. Gives it a LOT more sideway action.

Got this game for 3 months now and still play it almost daily.

3 months later
#9526 3 years ago

My opto in the T-rex mouth stopped working somehow. Now he obviously won't let go of the ball. Anyone else already had that?

2 months later
#10417 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I suspect the solder joints on the opto boards in T-Rex's mouth - people have had this issue previously.
Take T-Rex out completely and remove her "skin" to get to the electronics - the emitter is in the lower jaw, see if you can see the emitter working
[quoted image][quoted image]

I finally found time to fiddle with my problem. I can see the lower emitter working. But in switch test, the strange thing is: as soon as i raise the head slightly the opto is registring. If I put him back in the playing position I can not get it to work. It seems like a loose contact. But there is no way I can get it to work in playing position even if I fiddle with the wires. The solder points looked good and i measured a connection with my multimeter.

Anyone had the same? Should I resolder anyway? I somehow suspect a cable to be the culprit but it's so strange i can't get it to register in playing position even with pulling wires and moving them.

1 year later
#15274 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for posting the picture.

Just did that, thank you for the advice, should have thought of that myself. I only looked on Pinside Market Place.

Thanks. Looks like there is currently 6 different ones available, some are subtle difference from each other. Decisions, decisions, lol.

I like mine a lot.
It's not a translite but a printed real backglass. But I think it's also available as a translite.
If interested i could take better pictures later.

Screenshot_20221107_101956 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221107_101956 (resized).jpg
#15276 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Yes, please do.

Here you go.
20221107_172450 (resized).jpg20221107_172450 (resized).jpg

20221107_172539 (resized).jpg20221107_172539 (resized).jpg20221107_172543 (resized).jpg20221107_172543 (resized).jpg20221107_172606 (resized).jpg20221107_172606 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15335 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

BEST GAME EVER!
[quoted image]

Talk about Pimped up pinballs
But do I guess correctly that you don't have anti-reflective glass?

2 weeks later
#15453 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I haven't been too intrigued by most of the mods I've seen for Jurassic Park, but that gold coin door is pretty badass.

I really like the helipad sign as that shot is hard to spot for new players and it's consistent with the theme and animations.
But the best mod is the pteradon.
Nobody ever guessed that it's not original.

That'

Quoted from kool1:

Decided to go ahead and order a premium translite . Here is a video link, it looks fantastic.

[quoted image]

I got this one as a Backglass. I love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saddath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Saddath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.