(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Riefepeters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11342 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Geez, hard to believe I'm saying it's a good deal at that price and not $2K...

But now I’m like “dang, I got a deal for only $270 shipping included for the one fro tilt topper” and I also think tilt topper has much better cosmetics displayed.

#11361 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

While I get toppers for all my machines, I think that linking the mode to the topper is a DB move on Stern's part

Ok, so here's the real question for anyone with a stern topper...how does that topper enable the mode? Is there any extra board in the topper or something? or is it just because 'something' is attached 'somewhere' (the cat5 and wires) that enable the mode?

I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow enable this goat mode as a work around without buying the stern topper... let's see the flood of comments and ideas!!

#11369 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I've been waiting over a year for someone to crack open their topper and provide the parts list (node and light controller/board(s)) .... Been wanting to retro fit everything to the Tilt Topper.. Any takers?
Guessing it's the below, but needing confirmation :
Node board: 520-6976-72
LED controller: 520-6831-01/520-6831-00

Yes, this is what I’m talking about. I want to retrofit it to my tilt topper! But I do kind of want someone else to figure it out. I don’t know…maybe I’ll splurge $619, figure it out, then spill the beans on how to retrofit on the cheap with parts alone to complete the hookup… but before I do, I’m going to patiently wait a few days to see if anyone already has the topper and want to help some homies out.

2 weeks later
#11628 2 years ago

Re-he-markable!!!

3 months later
#12552 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have any pics of LED speaker kits they put on their JP Pro?

I would not do the $60 set from pinball life. It’s a good value; but I like the LE upgrade look better.

I started with rectangular. Then realized I needed to upgrade. I also really like the addition of the acrylic rings.

All in youre at :
$100 light kit plus 5.25 plates (speakerlightkits.com)
$22.50 acrylic (speakerlightkits.com)
$30-40 kenwood kfc1366s (Amazon or pinballlife.com)

37E65549-29DB-410D-97ED-CE96640949A8 (resized).jpeg37E65549-29DB-410D-97ED-CE96640949A8 (resized).jpeg3F72A18A-9B97-4690-89DF-083A340CDD85 (resized).jpeg3F72A18A-9B97-4690-89DF-083A340CDD85 (resized).jpeg821CB259-6A86-4028-8D1B-23A801BD3810 (resized).jpeg821CB259-6A86-4028-8D1B-23A801BD3810 (resized).jpeg8794F205-3574-41DF-8796-968C968CA61B (resized).jpeg8794F205-3574-41DF-8796-968C968CA61B (resized).jpegFF6EE1F6-37A5-4DA6-B8AA-A88021CA6D19 (resized).jpegFF6EE1F6-37A5-4DA6-B8AA-A88021CA6D19 (resized).jpeg
#12556 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Thanks for the replies about speaker lights. I was a bit confused about them too as a lot of them talked about 5.25" speakers but I thought the ones in the Pro were smaller. I didn't realize I had to upgrade speakers as well.

Yes - pro and premium are smaller. Cheapest option for circles is the $60 kit from pinball life. It has the adapter plates included and you use your existing speakers. $60 all done.

Or as I noted above…you can actually upgrade to 5.25” speakers and use Doug’s “13” kit at $75 plus $25 for adapters plus $22.50 optional acrylics.

Or you can use one of the two rectangular options from Doug and be done too

1 month later
#13100 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Use a deep (hollow) socket, those just go on from the top and swallow the entire post inside the socket shaft makes them a piece of cake!

I have tried every deep socket set available, and none are deep enough to get down to it at that size! But if you have one…share the specs please. Ratchet wrench is the way to go.

2 weeks later
#13256 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Has anyone used Pinball Life's Fluorescent Green protectors on their JP? I wasn't sure how'd they look, I normally see people doing orange. Actually where is everyone getting their orange protectors at?

Joe is the man. Check his stuff out here. $27 for the orange set.
https://cfengravingservices.com/products/search?keyword=Jurassic

3 weeks later
#13408 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

The right ramp has generally been agreed upon to just be a huge bitch. I don't think it is easy to explain why but pretty much everyone agrees. The left ramp I can get the majority of the time but the right one is just an asshole.

Amen.

#13409 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I'll take that right ramp over the right orbit (loop) any day of the week, But, yes, both of those shots are assholes.

Amen.

1 month later
#13685 1 year ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Does this game sometimes feel like a clunkfest?

Yes. As Pin_Fandango noted; accurate shots required. The thing with this game is sometimes you’re on and this thing shoots and combos like your baby’s buttery butt…smooth. But sometimes you’re just a bit off and this thing those into ball search (almost). Sometimes your $400M in on ball one nailing everything you’ve wanted and then you clunk clunk clunk your way into a $425M game. I mean…at least that’s my experience with this one. Enjoy!

#13761 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I'm not sure if you already know this or not, but they do not matter at all as far as color goes except for when the machine is off.

Not true. The color is very important as you have numerous choices on the leds as to what colors you want those leds to be, particularly if you buy a speaker light kit or build one with individually addressable LEDs. The acrylic ring color does matter and is highlighted when the lights are on.

I have a thread out there on how to build your own speaker lights if you don’t want to buy

5 months later
#15116 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When scoring is happening when it shouldn’t then a good first place to check is switch test to see if a switch is registering when it shouldn’t

This…

#15167 1 year ago

If anyone wants a tilt topper, let me know. I moved all my sterns to my office and I’m not doing any toppers anymore. I’m thinking $400 includes shipping if interested.

B52FCE90-F9D2-4F61-985C-62301BAC56A5 (resized).jpegB52FCE90-F9D2-4F61-985C-62301BAC56A5 (resized).jpegC977A6FC-CEEF-40BE-A0A4-F09BD4054A68 (resized).jpegC977A6FC-CEEF-40BE-A0A4-F09BD4054A68 (resized).jpeg
Added 17 months ago:

Topper sold.

1 week later
#15253 1 year ago

I’ve got a Huo loaded pro (armor, art blades, after market shooter) in Grand Rapids. If anyone wants to trade down from a premium or Le and get some cash let me know!

9 months later
#17692 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You really wish you had held out till today so you may have been able to save 500 bucks?!

I’ll reply on his behalf. Yes. For me, I was on the hunt for a JP premium to upgrade from pro for over a year and finally had to trade for one a few months ago. Shortly after…they started popping up like zits on a pubescent teens face. Kind of wish I would have seen the saturation coming and just purchased one in the low 8s!! Especially the few that really want to uograde to the 30th now (I mean, it’s basically a $5k upgrade from premium to new 30th at market - that seems crazy to me!!). would have gladly waited a few months and played other games. But trade came up and went through with it. Nonetheless, it’s not really a huge deal. But yeah, I would have waited and jumped on a purchase of a used premium today.

#18244 7 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

but now to realize it was just a lie?

Your dealer lied. Don’t use them again. After buying a few games from JJ at game exchange in the past, he straight up lied to me on the phone in early 2023 about stern pricing when I asked about buying a GZ premium because he got greedy as well. Most dealers saw GZ as the golden goose. He could have just said, “ hey man, demand is just too high on that game. Yes, I could give you the same deal as always,,,but I would rather sell to others willing to pay the higher prices right now”. But he didn’t. He lied on the phone to me about msrp/UMAP/UMRP. I had a deposit with him on a different game at the time. I asked for it back. He declined. When he couldn’t deliver the game in a reasonable time according to his original estimate, I did a charge back and got the deposit back by using protection of thr credit card company. I would have gladly followed through with the purchase AND purchased 2 other games from him if he was just straight up and truthful, but instead purchased elsewhere because he flat out lied and got greedy and didn’t care I had purchased from him before.

Now that you have a choice in who to buy from, remember who treated you right and who didn’t. Game exchange lost my biz forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I have no issue calling out JJ when so many on this site are afraid to call out dealers who have done them wrong.

Shane at Maine home rec got my next purchase…

6 months later
#21055 43 days ago

For those generally trying to get to nublar, what’s your strategy? In the past I’ve generally focused on Dino’s to the visitor center first and T. rex modes are last. Often times I don’t get past T. rex multiball as I’m not hitting the truck intentionally or accidentally. And of course playing museum mayhem is pretty rare.

But today I wanted to play museum mayhem more. So I focused on T. rex modes and while in Rex modes I’d play them out fully to max points or try to beat. Of course, I’d also hit the C shot first and intentionally have a paddock going. In the two games I played tomight I was through mayhem on ball one. It surprised me that by the time I got through mayhem I had two control rooms qualified. So I then would play control room modes. I don’t really pay attention to the paddocks.

I was very surprised By the time I secured the control room I was four Dino’s down including two in the middle, as I usually try to stay left or stay right for quickest path to VC.

Ended up draining while trying to catch the last Dino before VC.

Anyway, long story to say that it sure seems a lot easier to “almost” get to nublar by:
1) playing through T. rex modes
2) playing through control modes
3) finishing whatever paddocks left to get to VC

VERSUS starting with Dino’s and trying to get to VC first.

Anyone else have different strategies than playing Dino’s first? As i would suspect most people try to get through the map first like i traditionally have been!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Riefepeters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Riefepeters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.