(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13072 2 years ago

Just joined the club last week with an awesome premium that has all the Stern accessories. Such a fun pin.

I've added an Insider Connected kit and my kids and I are trying to grab the Perfect Paddock achievements. Sometimes we get a Perfect Paddock on the pin but aren't awarded the IC achievement - what am I missing? Do I need to complete all the rescues BEFORE I trap the dino?

#13078 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You can only collect the achievements once (per account). If you get perfect paddock but had already collected that specific paddock achievement then you won't get it again. And no you don't need to collect the rescues before the capture but obviously if you lose 1 or more rescues then you can't get perfect paddock for that paddock at that time.

It's not this.. my son and I both Perfected Gallimimus and we have the IC achievement to prove it in our achievement lists. We've both perfected brachi on the game a couple times (it tells us we did on screen after we do it) and neither of us have IC achievement in our list.

Quoted from CashMoney:

There are some known bugs with IC on games. Karl DeAngelo streamed last week and there seemed like a couple paddocks that he achieved a perfect paddock on but it didn't register as an IC achievement.
I know on AIQ its a total mess with IC. None of the Dr. Strange disk awards work, there are no achievements for BOM or battle thanos as of right now. Hoping to see some code updates soon that address this.

That's got to be it!! Thanks for letting me know about this - otherwise we would have tried a bunch of different things trying to figure out why Brachi Perfect wasn't awarding us the IC achievement. Man, did you just save us a bunch of time and frustration. It's the price us early adopters must pay...

1 week later
#13190 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

It's not this.. my son and I both Perfected Gallimimus and we have the IC achievement to prove it in our achievement lists. We've both perfected brachi on the game a couple times (it tells us we did on screen after we do it) and neither of us have IC achievement in our list.

That's got to be it!! Thanks for letting me know about this - otherwise we would have tried a bunch of different things trying to figure out why Brachi Perfect wasn't awarding us the IC achievement. Man, did you just save us a bunch of time and frustration. It's the price us early adopters must pay...

To follow up on this - I DID just get Perfect Paddock for brachy. Like I suspected, you DO have to complete all rescues BEFORE capturing the dino to get the achievement and the Perfect Paddock bonus. If you capture the dino then complete the rescues afterward, you get the Perfect Paddock bonus but NOT the achievement.

Not sure if it is like this for all dinos or just brachy.....

#13201 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, this is how it works specifically to get the achievement.

I wonder if that was an oversight when they coded the achievements? Seems like Stern would make the Perfect [dino] achievement criteria the same as Perfect Paddock on the pin.

1 week later
#13265 2 years ago

This was NOT the original intent for this - I mean who mods a topper? I made a quick and dirty print to test some measurement on the playfield and stuck it up there while brainstorming.

It's almost like it was meant for that spot! Those multi-level lighting effects nail it and really tie the topper closer to the license.

This is a rough print but I am thinking now that I really want to develop this into a topper mod, yes or no?

IMG_20220211_094202 (resized).jpgIMG_20220211_094202 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#13370 2 years ago

I do really like all the standard Stern upgrades (despite the crazy prices) and the Mezel raptor pen. I'm working on bringing the visitors center into the field. I want to keep it subtle enough but make it look way better than the MAP plastic.

IMG_20220226_220804 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_220804 (resized).jpg
#13385 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So am I the only one in here who hasn't turned on JP since Elden Ring came out lol?

I am waiting to get my Steam Deck before I even think about giving all my time away to Elden Ring I'll have at least a couple more months to play JP!!

#13402 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

The right ramp has generally been agreed upon to just be a huge bitch. I don't think it is easy to explain why but pretty much everyone agrees. The left ramp I can get the majority of the time but the right one is just an asshole.

I'll take that right ramp over the right orbit (loop) any day of the week, But, yes, both of those shots are assholes.

2 months later
#13771 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Should be able to make the helipad with both the manual and auto plungers. The factory was installing green springs on the manual plunger however the manual states an orange spring (which I believe most people have found to address the issue you're experiencing).

I noticed on my JP the plunger tip was hitting the autolaunch mechanism. Because of this, I could only get up the helipad about 1/2 the time. I raised the playfiied a smidge by placing a couple washers under the "fingers" where the table rests on the front of the cabinet. Super strong plunge now; it rockets up the helipad.

Try plunging with no balls in the lane and see of your tip is hitting the top of the autolaunch assembly - this could be your problem, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=PinballCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.