(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Gotta share this with the group. I was at a local pinball/arcade bar last night and a couple was playing Gotg next to me and my fiancee. They obviously didn't know any of the rules and were saying things like "what do I do, where should I hit it, why is that flashing?". So, my fiancee, being very outgoing and friendly gave them a few quick tips and said "I only know because we actually own this game". The guy instantly became an ass and was dead set on convincing me that Stern games were generally garbage and could sometimes be fun if they were working. He said the main problem with Stern is that they only make 200 of each title and then abandon the title and move on to the next. I asked, "do you mean 200 limited editions?" He says no, 200 total, that's why they never work right. At that point, we both finished our game and just walked away. Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

You'd never believe the things I hear when I take my DeLorean to a car cruise in. It's like the imagination limit is the sky. Believe me, it's awe-inspiring stupidity.

Some people just have to try to bring others down, especially when they're jealous.

1 week later
#163 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Buy a $6,000 toy and try to skip out on a $1 print by using a demo printer at BestBuy? Or does BestBuy offer a pay per print service I’m unaware of?

I will hope the latter (especially with an LE already "in" his collection).

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

No Kinkos in my area. When I search, I get FedEx locations. Did they snap up Kinkos? I once took card pics to FedEx to print and they refused to do it due to a concern about copyrights.

I'll vouch for that. They wanted me to fill out a release of responsibility form for them along with a sheet documenting my personal contact info to include my home address in case HBO came knocking at their door. Made me way uncomfortable. All of that to print two little instructions cards, and I made it exceedingly clear this was for a home machine with zero profit intentions.

I went and got myself a $50 printer with HQ printing paper and never looked back.

1 month later
#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I use to build classic cars, at every show you get some ding-dong who would walk up and say “you should have, blah, blah , blah, something different” rather then admiring the cool car you built.
If they don’t like it fine, but find the things you do like, say something nice, or keep your mouth shut.

It's the new "liquid courage" of being behind a keyboard on the internet.

I can absolutely relate to your car analogy. I swapped the PRV engine out of my DeLorean with a turbo-charged VR6 engine and swapped the automatic transmission with a 5-speed manual transmission. Bumped the power from 95 WHP to 240 WHP with only 5 lbs of boost. I can't imagine what I could do at 15 lbs or so.

At every cruise in I go to, people lose their shit. Car guys that know how underpowered the DeLorean originally was vs. what it has now love it, and most know I could go to 400 BHP before really needing to do some reinforcing of internal engine components or additional cooling. People are very respectful, show polite praise and adulation, and if they don't like it they at least have the common courtesy to not be an asshole to me (9 times out of 10).

Put it on the internet, and some dumb fucking idiot will tell me how the VR6 sucks or I should have put an LSX in it (X = denoting there are at least 4 other LS DeLorean swaps already out there) or I should have used a completely different motor or turbo or intake system or exhaust or etc. These are the same fuckers that don't even know how or could not even begin to attempt what's been done, yet they armchair QB/criticize an effort that took well over 1000 hours of garage work to complete.

Everyone's a tough guy on the internet. But I promise this: I'll never say anything here I won't say to someone's face.

2 years later
#13226 2 years ago

Better late than never.....! Gimmie my NIB!!!!

JP_PreOrder (resized).jpgJP_PreOrder (resized).jpg

Expected arrival of allotment is April, so.....in theory it'll come home sometime that month!

Can't believe I just did this, but I'm ready to let CFTBL go, and honestly, this is a LOT more game and rules and fun. And with the new JP movie coming June.... good luck.

#13258 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Maybe I am in the minority....

Yes, you are.

2 weeks later
#13359 2 years ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Put a deposit down for an April JP Premium the other day. Should I be concerned about not actually getting it? My first pin so I don’t know how these things usually go.

I did the same, then started hearing rumors of the game being moved back for GZ Pro/prem, and then supply chain issues, and other possibilities (future price increase in April)

So I went and fixed that today. Less than 1.5 hours away from me. Vehicle is a 2015 Honda Fit.

20220226_132657 (resized).jpg20220226_132657 (resized).jpg

#13368 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Add some of the iconic JP imagery/props with my Barbasol Flasher Cover & Lockbar Accent (people also seem to like the simple but effective Raptor Pit Lenses)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/105886
[quoted image]
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106545
[quoted image]
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106757
[quoted image]

That armor is KILLER. Man, well done!

4 weeks later
#13508 2 years ago

Watched some videos, bookmarked a fair number of strategies here, read up on a couple hand-eye coordination tips that members lent in this thread, and went to work today.

Got to T-Rex with Chaos MB running and I think 2x scoring. It all got a bit crazy; I think I blacked out at one point.

May not be a monster score like some of you put up here, but this is my personal best, and I am proud of it for only owning the game since 26 Feb this year!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13514 2 years ago

Getting better....

Totally choked on System Boot but made up for it by getting through all T-Rex mini-modes. Captured the T-Rex but did not capture the Spinosaurus. Went through it though and got to the Raptor.

There was a Chaos 4-Ball MB with 2x scoring running during the Stegasaurus. It got all sorts of nuts. I blacked out again.

Whatever Keith Elwin is getting paid, he deserves a raise. This game is so addicting.

#13516 2 years ago

I did a lil' homework regarding flat-top screws and the screws that hold down both inverted loops in the game ("S" shot and tower shot).

These are the screws you'll want if you choose to replace them. Be warned, the tower screws in some cases may involve removal of the left ramp habit trail.

While they aren't 100% flat, they are WAY better than the factory round headed screws.

#13518 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Yeah, it’s kinda slimy stringing people along, and holding thousands of dollar’s interest free, for months on end.Especially when they know they’re not getting enough games to fill their orders. It’s no wonder they don’t tell you where you stand in line, all the interest free money would dry up.

Games Exchange doesnt do that. That kept me updated as I got closer. I went from 6 to 4 in under 2 weeks. That being said, I got a used unit, but I am happy to recommend them!

#13531 2 years ago
Quoted from keeganhayes:

Quick question for ya:
In System Boot the Spinner Arrow light is lit, but doesn’t appear distinctly blue as all the other shots do. Is this just a result of the insert being yellow, or is there a chance my LED is having issues? I’m running the movie code if it makes any difference.

Depends. Do you have a dinosaur paddock running with system boot happening at the same time?

3 weeks later
#13651 1 year ago

I was wondering what all that gold dust was near where a shaker motor would be installed.....now, my lower flipper sticks to the point a ball has to hit it for it to come down.

Less than 3000 plays and about 250K right flipper activations .

Have the coil sleeves. Am awaiting the coil stops now.....

#13657 1 year ago
Quoted from blujae014:

1) Probably the paint from the spring on the shooter rod wearing off.
2) Probably your coil stops are broken. Stern coil stops are notorious for breaking. I bet there is a hole in the bracket where the coil stop is supposed to reside, and the piece is not free-floating and going into your coil sleeve.

Definitely is the coil stops. The rivet piece is loose on both the left and right ones. Marco had them on the way. Guessing I'll get them by the weekend.

#13670 1 year ago

Look, it is your game, but I have never understood this allure to fasten all these plastic dinosaurs all over the PF. Ok, I can understand the Raptor at the pit as that is lacking on the Pro model but...man, some of these games I dont even recognize anymore...

#13692 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

looks like it, but it is intermittent so I am guessing it is either a code issue or a loose cable. I reset the ethernet cables and power on/off and started working again.
I will reflash the card in case it was an incremental update issue, the card is market as 1.04 but it was running 1.05 so it was most likely updated incrementally.
wish me luck, I never had a node issue before so I have no clue what are the behaviours these tend to show before they go KAPUT.
If anybody else has any tips on what to check let me know....
Sleal16 a quick search did not bring anuything up, lol.
Update: broken off at the solder joint ground wire by the upper flipper EOS was causing the issue.
Thanks

Get some of this:

https://www.amazon.com/CAIG-LABORATORIES-D100L-25C-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B0000YH6F8/ref=asc_df_B0000YH6F8/

The needle will allow you to get in every single hole of the cales, and you can place it on the male pins as well. Just let it sit - no need to brush or use any abrasives - this stuff gets rid of oxidation on its own.

Has been super helpful for me. Bought mine back in 2014 or so, and I still have the same container as in the picture - it may be $35 but it will last a long, long time.

#13694 1 year ago

I'd take it out, put a hexnut on the threads that are on the inside of the bracket, adjust the height of the rubber stopper until when the post is dropped it is flush with the playfiel, then crank the hexnut down night and snug.

#13698 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Yeah that is probably the best.
I went with the original installation hex nut on the outside threads.
I am not sure there is enough space for the nut to be on the inside but will try it next time.
Good idea!

To be clear, I mean put a hexnut on this area of the threads in the photo where the red arrow is pointing:

#13726 1 year ago

Holy shit, let me post a picture of my Pro so we can get off the "bitch about tools" theme we're on lately.

Back on track!!!!

#13780 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Anyone who's legitimately received the A/V updated code has already agreed that they will only put it on a HUO machine. Not a publicly playable one.

Yeah, good luck with that, Tim. People dont keep their word like they used to

#13786 1 year ago

"Local leagues" tend to imply the game is out in the wild for anyone to play vs a privately owned home game at someone's residence. I think that's what Tim is concerned with.

#13792 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Maybe where Tim lives that's how it is but I can tell

Maybe where Tim lives that's how it is but I can tell you that's not the case everywhere. Local league in my area means playing at collector's homes. Sounds like this may be the same situation here. Y'all need to get off that high horse and take a chill pill. Jeez. Paranoia is really setting in bad now.

*has no dog in this fight*

#13797 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have the code as well. I certainly won't prevent folks from playing my game in MY house because they might see the movie code.
But thanks for your uninformed and irrelevant comment

PM sent

#13800 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Dayton Ohio punks
You can’t take us anywhere!

Mike and I cleared things up. Misunderstandings on both our parts. All good now!

Back to the thread!

4 months later
#14985 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Search this thread for “tape” there is some way to put tape partially covering something that fixes the issue. I have never had it but I recall reading that a few times in here.

Take the plastic spacers between the ramp and the ramp cover in the back out. What is happening is the ball is getting unseen air time and the opto beam is not always getting broken.

I had this exact issue, and once I took those spacers out, that opto has activated every ...single... time.

#14994 1 year ago

This game went from my biggest "rage quitter" to regularly getting 150M minimum scores. How I did it...?

1. Bring the posts as far in as possible. As already discussed, game is a drain monster, especially the right outlane.

2. Get the cliffy carbon fiber ramp entrances. Don't care what anyone says, the ball gets up the inverted ramps a LOT more than with any configuration/types of screws.

3. Remove the tilt bob. Look, I'm not going to ANY major pinball tourneys anytime soon. Who gives a rat ass about the tilt bob. Make the game fun for YOU. If all you get is drains left ad right, the most fun theme in the world won't matter.

4. Nudging. Man, when that ball doesn't make the inverted tower ramp or the left loop around the T-Rex ramp, you better know the physics of the ball and its anticipated trajectory cause it IS headed near that outlane OR off the top right flipper and dangerously close to STDM. Nudging is so key on this game. I think Keith intentionally designs his games to where if you know how to nudge, it seriously keep a game alive.

I used to get SO angry after a bad game. Three balls not lasting more than 25M in some cases. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. But once I completed the steps above AND got used to hitting both ramps with decent consistency, the game goes from a cage to a full on park. A...Jurassic Park if you will!

#15007 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

For those who have added a toy raptor over the raptor pen to replace the crappy plastic, what is the best method for securing it? Double sided tape, glue or another way?
Thanks in advance

I would use a soft, malleable clay adhesive thst holds things in place but never hardens.

Google "DAP Blue Stick Reusable Adhesive Putty". That's what I use!

#15010 1 year ago

Disregard. I have v1.05 for Pro only.

#15073 1 year ago

I ordered just the carbon fiber ramp entrances and got them within a week.

Your mileage may vary.

#15109 1 year ago

Some of y'all need to watch Bowen's tutorial on YT.

#15115 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Let's try this again...
Wanted: Any JP2 PRO Gamecode Prior to v.1.07.0
Thanks to a helpful respondent to my earlier post on this subject, I now have a copy of the custom/movie code in v.1.05, but I'm hoping to find a copy of the stock code. Again, I will happily try *any* version prior to 1.07.0.
Thanks.

I have stock 1.06 at home. When I get back from Tinker AFB on Monday, I can get it to you.

#15132 1 year ago

I just checked and found out I have JP Pro code v1.05 and v1.06 for anyone who needs it.

Don't know exactly HOW I'll get it to you as these files are 1+ gig, but I'm willing to help people in need IF THEY come up with a way for me to make the file available to them.

#15140 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Oh and installing them was kind of a pain because you need to either work around the wireforms or remove em.

Welcome to pinball.

#15169 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Hey guys, I’m most likely buying a huo pro tomorrow and was wondering if you had any tips/suggestions of things I should look out for specific to this title. It’s a fresh out of the box pin so I’m guessing no wear etc. Are there any known issues with this pin to be aware of? Thanks all!

Get the Cliffy screwless ramp entrances so you're not fuming when a ball that SHOULD have made it up the ramp drains in the right outline.

Search this thread for "cliffy"...you'll find it REAL quick

#15177 1 year ago

Green superbands on mine - zero difficulty passing L to R or R to L.

#15206 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Cradle the ball in the left flipper, then backhand the raptor pen - once you get used to it, it's a relative easy shot to make

are we talking the "3" lights in the pen...or the single station target in the back of the pen (not the Control Lab but the other one on its own in the back of the Raptor Pen) ?

#15230 1 year ago

Search for posts here on electrical tape used to cover top half of opto in right orbit. Should help you.

#15248 1 year ago

Old saying goes: "The more lazy you try to be, the more you end up doing more work."

Take the habit trails off and do it right the first time.

2 months later
#15756 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

To help me in my search, please tell me what such bearings are called.
Washer bearings?

Look at post #15752 above.

3 weeks later
#15982 1 year ago

Goat Mania ONLY with IC? You can't install the new code via a USB stick??

1 month later
#16148 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Xianek - They ship from Europe
https://xianek.eu/

Thank you! I've been wondering who does this service. Did you simply email thrm and let them know you wanted the JP alternate translite? Mind me asking what the price was when you purchased?

#16166 1 year ago

Hey all,

Quick PSA: I know a lot of people have been pinging me for @timlah79's code the last week. I was on military assignment, so while I had access to Pinside, I did NOT have access to my personal hard drive at home where the code resides. I do now. I am figuring out a way to host a 2+ gig zip file.

As of now, I ONLY have the following:

Prem/LE v1.05
Pro v1.05, 1.06, and 1.07

These files come directly from Timlah and from no other source, so these files are sound and complete and have not been hacked by anyone unassociated with him.

Anyone know if I can host on Google Drive? Quicker I figure this out, quicker I can share with those who want it. Help me help you.

#16169 1 year ago

Uploading the code to Google Drive now. There are 4-5 versions, so this will take a hot minute. I'll announce here when the versions are ready.

#16170 1 year ago

The following links are ready:

Prem/LE v1.05 - this is the ONLY Prem/LE that will be available.
Pro v1.05

In the works: Pro v1.07 and then v1.06 - will update this post when those are ready.

PM if you need a link.

3 weeks later
#16261 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hi everyone! Had a premium 2 years ago and regret selling it. Since the price jump I can only afford a pro now. What’s a fair price for an huo low plays with some mods? Will I have a tough time owning the pro since I’ve had a premium? Thanks in advance!

Sell that CCR. Problem solved!!

1 month later
#16460 11 months ago

For the movie code - I have 2 cards ... one with standard code, and one with movie code. That way, I can switch back and forth without having to worry about what version I am running.

#16463 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you do this if you have insider connected?

Don't know. Got one of the last JP's before IC.

1 week later
#16684 11 months ago

For rules explanations, I'd watch Keith's JP rules explained video and Bowen's tutorial

#16822 10 months ago

I love the STATIC TRex. No issues to worry about. No the head only sometimes works, No break in the action.

Always found it funny how people complained the hand in JM "takes forever", but the TRex gets a pass.

1 week later
#16947 10 months ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Does anyone remember what the cost was for a NIB JP Pro, in 2019 before all the prices went crazy. I bought mine used, so not sure what the “sticker” price was from Stern

Premium was $7200.

Pro was $5900 - $6200

#16963 10 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My Prem was $7799 in May of 21...

Yep. That sucks. Later that year into 2022,they were $11.5K, and now regularly $9500.

Pro was about $6100. My used Pro was $6800.

Gotta pay to play D: !!!

#16989 10 months ago
Quoted from ACBC197D:

I can see that we’d ever get rid of this title.

Famous words that normally contradict future actions in this community ; ).

1 week later
#17026 10 months ago

All this Trex discussion makes me SO GLAD I opted for a Pro...

DE Trex issues were enough for me....!

#17028 10 months ago

My optos work 100% perfectly.

No TRex mechanism on thr Pro!

#17030 10 months ago

Awesome. My comment wasn't directed at you...given I didn't quote you...look through this thread....MANY more people have had TRex issues years before you were even here on Pinside.

Between entry opto gate issues, ball issues once the Trex is supposed to lock it for the MB, the Rex not brining its head up and down when it is supposed to, etc...... it ain't worth $2K to deal with all of that.

As far as your issues are concerned, yep, that shit sucks. Welcome to pinball, even NIB games act up. Had it happen with my Walking Dead Pro - dead soundboard upon opening the box.

To conclue my side of this discussion - trust me, if I'm making a comment directly to you, you'll know : ).

3 weeks later
#17173 9 months ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Im in the club, got mine through a trade. Mine came with the following mods installed already.
Art of Pinball T-Rex
- Art of Pinball Lit Signs
- Art blades (Tilt Graphics)
-Shaker motor
- Stern amber shooter rod
- Lockdown bar 3d art
- Decals for speaker grills, ramp, hinges, flippers (Tilt Graphics)
- Plastic protectors (MezelMods)
- Cliffy carbon fiber ramps
- Helicopter 2D replacement w/3D version
- Raptor pen (MezelMods)
- Movie code version on SD card (can swap cards easily)
- PinMonk quiet PSU fan kit
- Pteranodon figure ramp mod
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, swap that ghetto Jeep for the real thing. You won't regret it.

#17176 9 months ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Is there a modded Jeep? If so who sells it?

Got to do the mod yourself. It's not insanely hard. The one thing I added to his mod is installing tiny washers between the Jeep and the mounting plate - else - the Jeep will "teeter totter" slightly when spinning.

Courtesy of Mr_Tantrum: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641

Jeep you'll need: https://tinyurl.com/3ux4cwun

3 weeks later
#17747 8 months ago

35 JP Prems on the market....let's see how low they go...!

Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

You priced yours aggressively (or better said, appropriately). That’s why it’s selling. Most people that I see posting games for sale have the unreasonable expectation that a depreciable asset (Game) should always appreciate in value. That thinking is not reasonable. It’s a game, a machine, it should depreciate some every year.

Really nice to be getting somewhat back to normal vs buying a used game for more than NIB.....

#18199 8 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

She has arrived!
[quoted image]

Not a callout - you happen to be the most recent example - nothing personal.

Why do people block out the serial numbers? Genuine question. Is there some kind of database that invades privacy or something? Like, if I turned my TV around and showed you its serial number, I couldn't care less.

Simply curious.

#18314 8 months ago

Changed out my translite and am going to let go of my stock Pro translite. $20 plus shipping. If not, I'll toss it out in a week or so. I hate clutter!

SOLD - thanks for the interest!

#18321 8 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Buy a cheap frame and make it wall art.

The idea is save money...not spend more : )

#18334 8 months ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Just joined the club today! Beautiful game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got to give it to you - you're a fan!

#18386 8 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

... and you know what's good for concealing clutter? Especially the reusable tube the new translite came in? A big empty pinball cabinet....

Hey hey hey...stop that resourcefulness and thinking outside the box!!!

#18436 8 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

For those looking, here is the great write-up from Mr_Tantrum. This really should be a key post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641
I used these instructions to guide me through my install and I eventually came up with an alternate solution. Instead of using the "JP12" model, I used the seemingly more available "JP18" - $13 from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VZ13NP4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00
I modeled up and printed my own custom mount.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done! I used nylon spacers (same exact ones that come with ColorDMDs) to account for the space between the Jeep and the mount - that 3D printed bracket is so sweet. If I was just about to do this mod, I'd be ready to throw you a couple bucks for the file as that looks like a factory install it is so clean.

#18503 8 months ago
Quoted from Hipgnosis:

Hey all: I think I've got to call Stern with these issues, but thought I'd ask here if anyone's had issues with the following:
1. The T-Rex motor moving its head around sounds strained and the head doesn't really move side to side. In fact sometimes the head is off center when lowered on the ramp and it can get hard when that happens to get the ball inside its mouth.
2. The raptor over the pen doesn't stand up straight: it looks like it's bent and its right "hand" is below the plastic on the pen.
Just wondering if these are common issues. Otherwise I'm enjoying playing the game and am learning the ruleset. Now just have to hit my shots. Tonight I got to 497M, which is a personal high, although around hear it sounds like you need to clear 1B to be considered serious.

Tell us you haven't read this thread without telling us ; ).

Granted there are 370 pages at 50 posts each.

Both issues have been discussed ad nauseum. I recommend you scroll up to the search feature within this thread and use key words to find the posts on this (probably over 100 posts on the Rex and most recently 1-2weeks ago on the Raptor).

2 weeks later
#18984 7 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

It's a much better game than Foo. You'll see.

Foo is for people who like to make shots and feel good. JP is for people who make shots and ARE good.

#19069 7 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I've never heard of anyone adding tape to the back one as it's not subject to air balls. IMO the tape fix is normally associated with the left ramp entry opto that controls the T Rex mouth magnet.
If your left ramp shots aren't registering I'd focus on the ramp exit switch.

For those of us with a Pro, trust me, it is a thing. Also take out the black nylon spacers between thr ramp and thr top cover after the TRex head. That helps a lot too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.