(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

With and without Pinstadium lighting. 1 set is in a dark room, the other set is with overhead light on above machine.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've never understood why modern Stern games needed more GI light on the playfield. These games are already the best lit and brightest games in history. I swear most games pre 90's games have like 12 incandescent lights in the GI and somehow we all survived. Even 90's games were exceptionally dim especially pre leds. Now games need to be lit up like the Vegas Strip.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Probably take close to about the same hit when you sell/trade, might as well get the moving t-rex and cooler raptor pen!

Pros hold there value better, especially with the risk of playfield chipping. Look at all the Premiums from a few years ago that are selling for under $6k now. Even perennial greats like TWD. Pros still sell for very close to what they were bought new for. I was originally thinking Premium for JP2 but with the recent quality issues I think I'd be happier with a cheaper Pro and knowing I don't have close to $7500 in it. The Pro is still a blast to play and I don't think you are sacrificing that much.

1 week later
#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I heard Elwin state on podcast that the ball should go down the middle if you don't flip the upper right flipper.
It should not hit the post on a smooth trajectory from the right orbit.
That's so you make sure you use the upper flipper or risk losing the ball.
Feature, not a bug.

Elwin said that if there wasn't a post there it would go SDTM which is one of the reasons they added the post (the other was to protect the flipper). With the post it's supposed to hit the left sling if you don't flip.

1 week later
#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm trying to decide on grabbing a Metallica Pro with a lot of great mods now for a steal of a price, or wait for a JP2 Pro next fall?
Opinions welcome!

Why not get the Met Pro now and enjoy it for a year and then sell it to get a JP2 Pro next Fall? If you're getting a steal of a price, it's doubtful you'd lose much money when it came time to sell.

3 weeks later
#2303 4 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and photoshop the Premium translite onto the Pro? I want to see what it looks like. I'm leaning towards getting a Pro but don't really dig the font so it may be worth purchasing a Premium translite to go with it.

JPCabs (resized).pngJPCabs (resized).png
#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I just did it with my mind. Looks pretty good, but the sky colors clash a bit. Each package is at a different time of day.
pro - daytime
premium - sundown
LE - evening

I did it in my mind and thought the same thing. That orange sky may clash but it's still probably better than the Pro translite. They should have just put the same logo on as the Premium or made it look more like the original JP translite.

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here ya go![quoted image]

Thanks! That looks better than I had pictured in my mind. When you factor in that the game is usually placed in between other games i your line-up and you typically just look at it from the front I think this is going to be the way to go.-at least for me if I end up ordering a Pro.

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its way way better. Spot on the right sling and all good.[quoted image][quoted image]

The color looks washed out with those cool whites. Compare your pic to the pic a few posts above with Comet Sunlights and the warmer color temperature looks so much better! look at the slings or lane guides specifically

Typically one of the first things I do on my Stern games is get rid of the cool white and replace with warm or sunlight frosted bulbs from Comet.
coolwhite (resized).jpgcoolwhite (resized).jpgsunlight (resized).jpgsunlight (resized).jpg

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I say save the cash and buy the pro. I purchased a pro a couple weeks after the game was announced and LOVE it!
I had the opportunity to play a handful of games of the premium at expo and didn’t find myself missing the additional features. Truthfully I thought the shots to the T-Rex mouth just slowed the game down.
I didn’t get the chance to mess around with the raptor gate much though. I’ll have to play more on location now that it’s at Wizards World.
My best advice is buy the pro and take that extra cash and set it aside for pin #2

Does anyone know if Stern is presently building Pro's or are the Pro's available now still the one's from a couple back with the clearcoat issues?

I had a similar experience to Jack Sparrow above. was leaning Premium but after playing it I really didn't see much of a difference in gameplay and the Pro will likely be more reliable in the long-run.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You guys are talking yourselves out of some awesome features. That multi purposed TRex is on par with the MM castle and the raptor pen is awesome the more you get into the game. For only 1400 more, think you’ll regret it in the long run.

If the difference is only $1400 it may be worth it. Seems like most of the price quotes here in the States is a $1600-$1800 difference between models. I really need to play a Premium/LE in an environment where I can hear and feel (shaker) the differences. When I've played them in the past it has been in shows which has made the difference seem negligible. I'm in no hurry to buy and know that this game will be available to buy NIB for years' to come so I should get more chances to play before having to make a final decision.

2 weeks later
#2689 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Just purchased a NIB JP pro tonight. We pick it up Saturday. Family is ecstatic!

Just curious... What are the manufacture dates on the latest JP Pro's? Is Stern currently running Pro's or just Premium's right now?

1 week later
#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Are pro owners having any issues with their machines the way prem/le owners are?

I think the biggest issues with Pros so far have been the Raptor gates breaking and the upper flipper post coming loose as well as clearcoat issues on early run machines.-I'm hoping these are resolved in the later run games. Does anyone know if Stern currently has Pro's on the line? What are some the recent confirmed Pro build dates? I'm considering ordering one but want to make sure I don't get stuck with one on backstock with the aforementioned issues.

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Warning for everyone about .095 update -- my raptor pen on a Pro is really wonky now. Doesn't seem to register shots (though a hit does increase the score) and makes the raptor modes impossible. Bummer. Checking to see if anyone can verify the problem.

Did you install the Premium/le code on your Pro?

4 weeks later
#3331 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

So what's the general consensus on Premium vs Pro now that this game has been out a while? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, leaning more towards a premium at this point, pretty much only for the trex mech

I just ordered a Pro after pondering this for a couple months. I've played both and really didn't see that much of a difference. I like the premium art package better but just couldn't justify the extra $1600. I also have a Rick and Morty on order that I'll have to pay for in a few months so that made the decision even easier. If JP was a Grail theme for me I'd spend the extra money but I'm guessing that I'll be ready to move the game on in a year or two to buy the next must-have game (KME's next most likely).

#3335 4 years ago

What are the scoring differences between Pro and Premium? I thought I read something about 2x raptor jackpots that aren't on the Pro? Do the helicopter spinner blades add any scoring or strategy?

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s this difference with the raptor pit? The pro just missing the drop down target?

Premium has the rising gate target and stop post. Pro has a diverter gate and exits through the control room.

Pro is easier to start but Premium gives you some scoring advantages (2x) during Raptor multiball. I think most people agree that the Premium Raptor pit is better implemented and prefer it to the Pro. It's really the only gameplay difference between the two versions. I ultimately decided that the Premium wasn't worth an extra $1600 but judging by the popularity of the Premium on Pinside I am probably in the minority.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but here's hoping they make changes to their current T-Rex multi-ball setup as it 1) doesn't last long enough 2) only has 2 balls and 3) most importantly, doesn't even get going until you hit the left ramp but 50% of the time I'm too busy trying to raise the pot via shots, the multi-ball "times out" and I don't even get any the multi-ball started. I suggest Stern make it so that in their next update, you have like 15 seconds to hit as many shots as possible during the T-Rex multi-ball HURRY UP, but when the 15 seconds is over....they START the multi-ball either way.
I know this multi-ball is easier for all the "shooters" out there, but I find this game pretty hard so far and I've had it for months. Whenever a newbie plays the machine, they NEVER get a multi-ball because the Raptor multi-ball is very hard to start up and so is the CHAOS multi-ball so their best chance is the T-Rex multi-ball and even then, it doesn't start up sometimes because you can "time out". Multi-balls are fun. I think this game needs more fun. That's my 2 cents and hopefully Stern is gonna add more "fun" to the game in the next update -- and don't tell me about MUSEUM MAYHEM and VISITORS CENTER because I think I've reached the former once, and that's all.

Have you tried going into the settings to adjust the timers and difficulty settings? I happen to like the default difficulty levels. Not every Stern game has to be a multi-ball fest out of the box.

3 weeks later
#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Rather than start another this or that thread, I thought I would just ask the owners clubs for both games.
With my budget and space I can get one of the two sterns I'd like right now.
What I'm interested in is owners opinions on long term ownership. I prefer to have a gave for a several years rather than being bored of it within a year. I admittedly tend to enjoy more games that have more than two flippers. I'd like to grab one of the following soon.
Jurassic Park pro- i havent had many plays but immediately fell in love with it.
Deadpool pro- I hated it at first but over the last year came to love it but i dont get many opportunities to play.
*I do own iron maiden already (and shadow)
Thanks for your input

I'd go JP2 Pro over DP Pro. You are sacrificing far less in gameplay with JP2, primarily the Raptor pit. Deadpool Premium is a must buy over the Pro. That smooth left orbit shot that loops back to the right flipper is sweet! Plus you get two extra drop target banks and a smoother playing game over the Pro. Most of the trouble areas on JP2 come on the Premium/LE and it can take a bit of work to get the Trex and raising gate adjusted right. I'd also worry about long term reliability due to the complexity of the Trex mech. Pro is just a solid shooter that doesn't really sacrifice much in gameplay.

1 week later
#3779 4 years ago

Or bring able to play "Are you a God" in Ghostbusters is a recent example.

Sounds like a ton of fun and I hope it makes it toall games soon!

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Hmm... what happens when you beat all the mini wizard modes AND escape Nublar during normal play? (Hint: there is a reason the mini wizard mode lamps strobe when you beat them )

Thanks for putting this in the game Keith! I've got a Premium on order and this is going to really enhance my enjoyment of the game. Can you mention this idea to Lyman for ACDC? Encore would be perfect for this since it's already 3 balls and has a good amount of depth to it. Yeah, I know the points won't be nearly as high taking the shortcut, but it would still be a fun way to practice a wizard mode that I've only been to a handful of times.

1 week later
#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

It's been a while since I've purchase a Stern NIB, but thinking of picking up a JP Premium and I'm looking for recommendations for distributors. PM if that is more appropriate as I am sure there are many great distros and a recommendation for one doesn't equate to a slight to others. (Are the LEs Sold Out?)
Thanks in advance!

The best thing you can do is call around for pricing and also check if the distributor has the game in stock and ready to ship immediately. I don't think JP Premiums are hitting the line again at Stern until April so availability would be as much of a concern as pricing unless you don't mind waiting a couple of months.

#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I hope you are wrong on this part. I was told they were going back in production at the beginning of February and I hope to have my premium shipped in a week or so.

I hope you're right. Keep us updated on your game.

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Having owned and truly enjoyed all three, I would honestly sell Metallica and buy both. Both JP and DP are much better games (in my opinion). If you aren't willing to do that, JP is my choice. Every shot is satisfying with a very unique layout...the code is amazing with so much to do and many paths to take. DP is crazy fun, but is overall a bit less satisfying to shoot than JP (other than the super skill shot into the Katana...that's right up there). DP's code, while awesome and unique, is not as deep and could be slightly repetitive, especially in the early part of the game, due to only having three battles to choose from. That's not a rip on DP at all...it's honestly a close call, but JP is just an amazing machine in every way.
Metallica is a great game, but at the end of the day the layout is super standard and "vanilla", especially when compared to JP and DP. The code is great...until you get past the first Crank It Up and keep going towards End of the Line. It becomes get CIU. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it one more time. And it's done the same every time. It just becomes a woodchopping slog, especially if you make the mistake of starting Seek and Destroy and really have to start from scratch qualifying shots for items. And that's a shame since S&D is one of the coolest modes ever! Again...really fun code...until you start getting far in the game and realize it's just the same thing over and over and over. I owned it for a couple years and loved it, but now I am more than happy to play it in other people's collections.
Best of luck with the decision! Not an easy choice, but in my opinion the right answer is always JP!

Agree with Chris 100% here!

1 week later
#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I’m still waiting for my JP Premium to be delivered. For those of you waiting- how long have you been waiting and when are you being told it will be available?

I ordered Dec. 20th and was told my Premium should be shipping in April sometime... Long wait but it will be worth it!

2 weeks later
#4307 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My shaker motor developed a squeak tonight. Suddenly it started sounding like an old see-saw that needs oil. Anyone had this happen or know what to look at? I did the shaker motor test to confirm where the squeak is coming from and it's definitely coming from the shaker motor as it starts to slow down after firing.

I've had this before. spraying the motor with contact cleaner seems to usually take care of it.

1 month later
#4947 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Just joined, waited a few for most of the bugs to be worked out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looks like the rumor that games are on the line at Stern again is true.

3 weeks later
#5119 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I bought a Jurassic Park Pro NIB a little over 2 weeks ago and noticed that the wood in the shooter lane has a small crack running up from the slit. I attached a photo that I hope shows the crack. Initially I wasn't too concerned because it doesn't impact gameplay, but then was wondering if it will give me problems in the future and possibly minimize the value of the machine? Anyone else seen this issue?
[quoted image]

I doubt you'll have anything to worry about. You could always put in a Cliffy shooter lane protector to help absorb the brunt of the ball-kickout and protect the wood.

2 weeks later
#5521 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Need some advice. I am very new to pinball ownership. Bought my first game on here last week, Lord of the Rings.
I'm obsessing over Jurassic Park LE. Problem is they're obviously hard to get my hands on. Wondering if I bought a Premium and decked it out with shaker motor, blade graphics, and all the mods worth getting if that will be sufficient vs. the limited. I love the look of the green powder coating and the mirrored back glass.... but I'm not fully enjoying the chase for the LE. I was a week too late on a couple that were on the marketplace. Then I was contacted by a guy who was on the fence selling one, but then his wife and daughters have seemingly talked him out of it (WHAT A TEASE!)..
So, thoughts on this?

Get a NIB Premium. I just bought one last week and its absolutely perfect! No signs of the playfield issues of last year. My favorite art package of the 3 models as well. If you want to powdercoat and add pdi glass you can always do that. The guy who owns this one has the right idea!

a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpega2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Hot dang I like this look a lot! I'm a newbie so what is PDI glass?

http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

PDI is regarded as the best but Stern also sells their own non reflective glass as well for a bit less.

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Woah! Super noticeable. Will this glass fit a standard pinball? Wondering for my Lord of the Rings as well. They have a standard and a wide body.
Also, where did you grab the premium with orange powder coat pic from? I need to contact the guy who did it and get details on who he used.

A Pinsider named Vitty owns the game and posted it in the Premium/LE JP thread. But yes the glass will fit in any standard pinball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=vitty

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got things dialed in tonight and was able to play about a dozen games with the family. Crazy fun game. One game I'll get 20 million and the next 400 million. Ended on a good note though.
I'll say this has been my best NIB game since my AC/DC quality wise. Nice PF and everything worked out of the box. Just tweaked a couple things to make it smoother.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Was yours also built on 6/05? I know I was in the same batch as you and my game also seems amazing quality wise and plays perfectly after tweaking the launch ramp. Spinner shot was even dialed in from the factory and T-Rex grabs almost everything.

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m wondering if some who have played both the pro/premium versions could share thoughts on the raptor pit specifically.
Unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to play either game, but from watching video it seems like they play a little different.
The pro has a cool rattle and release though the control room which I could see being more unique/satisfying than the bashing of the premium.
Thoughts? Anyone actually prefer the pro raptor pit?

Most of my experience is with a Pro, but I just bought a Premium and have owned it for about 10 days now. I vastly prefer the Raptor pit on the Premium. It's just much more engaging and the Raptor MB rules are designed much better around the Premium/LE model where it locks a ball and enables 2X scoring which isn't available on the Pro. You can play "dirty-pool" with the locked ball to extend the timers. I was on the fence and actually had a Pro ordered at one time, but I ended up changing my order to a Premium and don't regret it one bit! Between the T-Rex and improved Raptor Pit it's well worth it. Plus the Premium also has an awesome custom soundtrack available from Timlaw79 (a Pinsider here) that really adds to the game's immersiveness.

#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Gotcha thanks, I thought the pro mimicked the locked ball by using the control room post- I guess thats not the case?

It will hold the ball in the control lane sometimes but it behaves quite differently than how the Premium/LE locks the ball.

Here's the Raptor Tri-ball rule-sheet (Look at the end section on 2X Scoring)

Raptor Tri-Ball (RTB)

Raptor Capture: Complete the Raptor Pen standup targets two times (increasing by one for each subsequent RTB) to light the Raptor Lock. A shot to the dead end lane will instantly count as a completion of all of the targets. The Raptor Lock (Capture) can only be made as a shot to the dead end lane.

Electric Fence Integrity: After a raptor has been captured, additional shots to the enclosure will weaken the fence and start RTB when the integrity is at 0%, with a shot to the dead end lane. The first Raptor Tri-Ball starts with the fence at 50% integrity. The fence integrity decreases more on shots to the dead end lane. The lightning bolt inserts will flash when RTB is ready to start with the final shot.

Worth noting - you can also start Raptor Tri-Ball for free off of a lucky Smart Missile where you select the option and successfully make the shot.

Raptor Tri-Ball is a multi-phase multiball, with rule elements that pay homage to multiballs in older Data East games:

Phase 1 - Raptor Tri-Ball: Shoot the left and right ramps once each for a Raptor Jackpot. The second Jackpot is worth double that of the first. The Jackpot value increases with switch hits (by how much?)

Phase 2 - Raptor Chaos: The CHAOS letters will light. Shoot all the CHAOS shots (not necessarily in order) for Raptor Chaos Jackpots worth 1/5 of the Double Jackpot value.

Phase 3 - Raptor Rampage: Raptor Tri-Ball becomes "Raptor Hex-Ball”! (or “Raptor Quint-Ball”). 3 more balls are now in play, but no more than 6. Super Jackpots are lit on the right ramp and upper loop, with the base value of the Double Jackpot, and are multiplied by the number of balls in play. The second Jackpot, once again, will be worth double the value of the first Jackpot. Get 2x Scoring ready during this phase, and watch your score skyrocket! Collecting either Super Jackpot will also award you with a Fossil for your efforts.

Phase 4 - Victory Laps: After collecting both supers, all shots are lit for Raptor Rampage victory lap jackpots worth the same value as the Raptor Chaos Jackpots, multiplied by # of balls still in play. Each shot unlights when you shoot it, but you can relight them all by shooting the Raptor Pen center target. However, each time you complete them prior to shooting Raptor Pen, the last one awards a Raptor Rampage super jackpot worth the sum of your victory laps collected after your prior Raptor Rampage super.

Raptor Tri-Ball 2x Scoring (PREMIUM / LE ONLY): On the Premium / LE models, hitting all three targets in the Raptor Pen and then making the center lane will temporarily lock a ball and double all Jackpots collected for 15 seconds. Hitting the captive ball will reset the 15 second timer.

RTB progress is not saved between RTB’s, and during each RTB, your progress does not loop back around to Phase 1 after you collect a Phase 4 super.

#5604 3 years ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

Just picked up a JP pro the other week and love it. I know some of the basic rules, but where can I find something more in depth list like this one for Raptor multiball?

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

2 weeks later
#5807 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I swear I've had it start with the ball rotated on the left, but my memory is poop.
Anyone know if it's supposed to always start with the ball on the right, so the shot is tougher to make?

Yes it is.

#5852 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Was playing some games tonight and literally after the 3rd game all of the high scores (except the GC) reset your factory! I’m still on 1.0 code but guess I’ll be updating to 1.02 tonight. Is there a setting that can be changed so that table high scores do not reset, or is this some sort of bug? This is my first pin so am not used to all the high scores resetting. Thanks

Thats normal. Happens after so many games (2000) By design.

#5868 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Played a game this morning and realized my spinner triggers when I hit my left flipper. Any advice on what to look for to correct it?

The vibration is likely causing the spinner switch to activate. It's likely gapped too tight. You should be able to manually bend the switch arm slightly to correct it.

1 week later
#5975 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Own a pro, played a LE the other day and found its raptor MB much easier to start. Just gotta bonk the gate enough times to start, while pro needs the back target at the end to get it going. The target funnel on our game is tight so the back target is difficult to hit, especially from a left flipper trap.

Yep and he said it was a badly set-up game. Perhaps the funnel had been bashed open a bit more, making for easier shots?

I own a Premium and agree that Raptor is easier to start on Prem/LE than the Pro. Premium also has the advantage of "Raptor bombs." When you get a get a captive ball behind the gate 1 hit away from starting Raptor MB save it until the ball is close to draining and give it a good nudge to start MB and extend your ball. Also the 2X Raptor scoring really makes that MB more fun on the Premium than the Pro.

I have played on a Pro where the Raptor pit was very exploitable though. You need to make sure the sling switches are set sensitive or else you can back hand that shot and catch it on the left flipper all day. The slings on my Premium just seem way more sensitive and powerful than Pro's I have played on route, but maybe that's because my game isn't fully broken in yet.-it's only a month old.

#5982 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

got my shooter rod... bug seems a little sloppy? What do you guys think? Would you still install it?
[quoted image]

For a 65 million year old mosquito, I'd say it looks pretty good

#5996 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just joined the club 2 hours ago.
NIB August of 2019 Build.
Trying to get through the 120 pages here,
Anything important from that build run?
3 games in, love it and need to really read up game play.
[quoted image]

Congrats! you picked a great game.

Curious where you bought such an old run (almost a year old) NIB from? I would be a bit concerned on the playfield clear quality from a Pro game from that time-frame. There may also be an improved post that you can request for beneath the upper right flipper as the early one's fell out and caused chipping.

2 weeks later
#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That's kind of like saying the clear coat kept pooling so you started putting almost no clear coat on... Was that also by design?

And people wonder why Stern employees don't have more of a presence on Pinside.

#6309 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

and I thought there weren't any movie clips in the game????
More to come.......

That looks incredible Delt! Can't wait to see more.

1 month later
#6819 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Hello friends, can i make question? I want reserve a JP Pro but here in Spain are all sold out, my local distributor have only one Premium in stock, he will receive the Pro in the middle of next year, i must wait for the Pro? Or go to the Premium?
The distributor offered the Premium with 10% of discount, side arts and shaker motor for free.
Thank you so much!

I'd go Premium. This is one of a handful of Stern titles where the Premium is really worth it. Best art package and the moving T-Rex and improved Raptor pen are great additions.

#6890 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pro vs premium. Let’s hear it. I believe the two differences is the T-Rex doesn’t move back and forth, and something about the raptor pit. Can someone elaborate on that difference?
I always felt the premium was the way to go on this title until I read what dontpanicflip had to say about it and I respect his opinion due to his great streams. So wanted to get some more thoughts. Thanks!

The 3 reasons I went for the Premium were:
1. The T-Rex toy is really cool and adds to the ambiance.-but doesn't really add or subtract to the gameplay. I guess it could be a negative to gameplay if your T-Rex has problems catching the ball. Luckily mine has been good in that regard.

2. The Raptor pit is more fun to shoot and Raptor MB is more fun and lucrative because you can lock a ball in the raptor pit (behind the raised gate) for 2X jackpots which isn't possible on the Pro. You can also play Dirty pool for jackpots.

3. I vastly prefer the Premium cabinet and translite art to the Pro and also prefer the cab art over the LE. It feels like the purest JP artwork because of the Raptors in the kitchen scene.

From a gameplay perspective alone, the Pro is great and really isn't missing much from the Premium. The biggest difference is Raptor MB, but beyond that it's mostly the same. It is fun to shoot the ball into the T-Rex's mouth on the Premium for Super Jackpots (on the Pro you just shoot the ramp) but that's mostly aesthetics. The horizontal helicopter spinner is the other change between the Pro and Premium but I would say that is pretty minor. I do like the sound effect but it's not a must-have feature.

I think If I hadn't played a Premium and just a Pro I'd be totally happy owning a Pro as it's a fantastic game, but I'm happy I decided to go Premium on this one.

Here is the part of the rulesheet that differs between Pro and Premium (from tiltforums)

Raptor Tri-Ball 2x Scoring (PREMIUM / LE ONLY): On the Premium / LE models, hitting all three targets in the Raptor Pen and then making the center lane will temporarily lock a ball and double all Jackpots collected for 15 seconds. Hitting the captive ball will reset the 15 second timer.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You could say the same about a lot of toys like the exploding castle on MM or exploding saucer on AFM. The fact that they move when they blow up doesn't add to gameplay. they could be just static and it would be the same game play but it just wouldn't be the same now would it?
I find a lot of Pro owners downplay the significance of the Trex but it's a pretty awesome toy, especially when it just throws the ball anywhere (as long as you don't disable that feature in the settings lol). Therefore it DOES affect gameplay as it interacts directly with the ball and inserts an element of randomness.
As dimthedaylights stated above, it gets folks excited when they play.... VERY excited!!! lol

Good points. Yes it does affect gameplay slightly, especially when it throws the ball randomly vs. Dropping on the wire form. I think it does up my enjoyment of the game just because of how interactive it is!

I think it would be comparable to a game like Funhouse, if they had a version with a static Rudy head. Gameplay would be mostly the same but the interactive Rudy makes a big difference in how you enjoy that game.

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The screw only holds down one side of the springsteel ramp entry flap. Remove it and affix the flap with a bit of mylar; problem solved.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried this on mine and now its super smooth! Previously I had a flat ramp screw which made it about 75% better than it was but with just mylar it's now 100% smooth.

#6939 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Mod of the year!
I just did this. That screw is tough to get to, but I finagled it. 2 games in and shooting really nice. I was able to make the shot decently before, but early results are promising.
Which now has me thinking about the screws before the shooter lane u. Anyone pull them out?

I dont think the ball makes any contact with the shooter lane screws.

1 week later
#7176 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How the eff do I remove this screw from hell?
[quoted image]

Remove the nut from under the playfield and then tap it up using a punch (or screwdriver) and hammer.

1 month later
#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have that screw installed on mine but my shot is buttery smooth and I can't imagine how the ball can hit that screw because the side of the ball would hit the ramp first. Maybe some are installed further out towards the center of the ramp flap??

Take a ball with your hand and run it over that spot and see if it hits that screw. On my game it does for the lower screw but doesn't on the upper one.

20200923_125535 (resized).jpg20200923_125535 (resized).jpg

#7721 3 years ago

The ramps aren't countersunk so that type of screw still won't lie perfectly flat. They are better than the original screws but still make slight contact with the ball.

#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Fellow JP owners...
I just bought a JP prem that was manufactured in July 2020 so it has no paint near the posts. Is it still recommended to install the cliffy carbon fiber circles under all posts?
Any other big issues where I should install something for the game? I think I'm going to do mylar in the shooter lane unless the cliffy is better?
What about the raptor cage? Anything for here?
Does the outhole drain need one? Seems like it might wear bad there.

I have a June 2020 Premium. I don't think the cliffy circles are needed. Just make sure that the post below the upper flipper is in tight. I've had to tighten it up a couple times since getting my game. I would at least put mylar down in the shooter lane and outhole drain.-I ended up getting the Cliffys for these.

I'd also check for any areas on your playfield where metal guides (left of the shooter lane) and where the apron edges meet the playfield.-mine was starting to dig into the playfield. I ended up putting mylar down in these areas to prevent this from happening. Other than that though Stern does a good job of putting mylar in the key areas of the game.

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Can anyone with a premium please post a picture of their raptor above the raptor pen? Ours does not look right and I can't figure out what is wrong. Nothing looks loose but it is leaning to the left, as you stand in front of the pin, and his right arm gets stuck under the plastic shield.
Thanks.

My raptor was leaning as well so I used a clear washer to put pressure on that leg and straighten him up.

20201102_123645 (resized).jpg20201102_123645 (resized).jpg
#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

OK, I've tried googling "jurassic park ball trap helicopter" but don't see any posts. I keep getting ball traps in the helicopter blades. Do I need to add different washer weights on the blades or ? It seems like it could always be a possibility to get a ball trap here if the blades catch the ball at just the right time?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is it possible for you to move that ramp wireform slightly to the right? Usually there is some room for adjustment.

#7950 3 years ago

I haven't tried this, but if your game isn't bright enough couldn't you just replace all of the GI bulbs with Comet 5 SMD insane bright leds in sunlight white? It would be a much cheaper/stealthier way to improve the brightness and visibility on your game. I can see just fine on my game even in complete darkness but I think I'd prefer going the stealth route vs. putting on spotlights or big strips of lighting that put "zebra stripes" all over your game.

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from apayne82:

I’m comparing purchase options for buying JP Pro, and would love some feedback. Would you get a new-in-box game, or a good condition routed JP with a few thousand plays for $700 less?
I’m leaning new, but am conflicted based on savings.

If you go with a routed JP Pro, don't buy one that was made before November 2019 as they are known for having playfield issues. The key giveaway is that the early ones don't have the artwork cut away from the posts.

#8167 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just my thoughts, but here's how I see the shots on the video:
2:30 mark - missed shot looks okay but tough to tell for sure. I think my T-Rex catches pretty well and I get some shots like this that look good but actually just aren't quite good enough or strong enough so they bounce up and hit the front of the mouth instead of going in.
2:43 mark - missed shot looks like it just wasn't good enough to be caught.
2:48 mark - good clean shot goes in easily
4:23 mark - good clean shot goes in easily
The last two shots that go in very easily seem to me to be the most telling. Seems like you're set up pretty well. Not every shot that makes it through the entrance of the ramp is a good enough shot to be caught. If you're catching 85%-90% of good looking shots then I think that's probably a sign it's in good shape, because there are going to be some shots that look good but actually aren't quite good enough and so they look like "rejects".
Overall I think mine catches very well, but I still have shots on mine that look very much like those two misses. They'll appear to have been good enough to catch, and then a bit later I'll hit a clean shot that's definitely better than the shot that missed and it's caught easily. Similar to yours, mine probably catches about 85-90% of good looking shots. So I've just learned to chalk up those "almost" shots to the fact that the shot looked good but actually wasn't quite good enough. If you were seeing "rejects" on a lot higher percentage of shots then I'd say you might need an adjustment, but the clean catches you had looked like it's dialed in pretty well.
I think there's a bit of similarity between this and the Marvel ramp on Avengers. That Marvel ramp is deceptive in that some shots go back down when it looked like it could have been good enough to make it, but then cleaner shots will go right through. The design of the ramp is such that a near miss will still make it even most of the way up the ramp, but then it either rattles or dies and comes back down and the natural impression/reaction of the player when you see that is that the ramp "rejected" it when it actually just wasn't quite a clean enough hit to make it. The ramp wasn't defective, and the shot was close to being good enough but just wasn't quite good enough. I think the same thing can happen with the T-Rex. A ball that's almost good enough will bounce off the mouth, and the natural impression/reaction of the player is that it was a reject. But if your good shots are being caught cleanly and easily the way those two catches rolled in that to me says it seems to be working pretty well. Just my thoughts though.

Thanks for the input! I was the one playing the game in the video. I agree that the shots at 2:30 and 2:43 weren't perfect. They were hard enough but not 100% accurate. I think they were shots that would still easily make the ramp if the trex were up but they did seem to hit the right sidewall of the ramp which likely made it hard for the magnet to get a clean grab of them. Overall though I'd say my game is close to 90% on clean shots. It does on occasion miss one that i expect it to grab but for the most part it does a good job and I'm happy with it. I've been fortunate that I haven't had to make any adjustments to mine but if there are ways to get it closer to 99% on clean shots I'd be happy to hear them.

1 week later
#8358 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Just a reality check. So, how smooth is everyone's spitter spinner to orbit? I swear most of the time when taking a center shot, that it is really clunky and dribbles when hitting the orbit ball guide, and more often than not goes into the pops instead of going around the orbit to the right flipper.
Should it go to right flipper most (80%+) of the time on successful center shot or is this a known clunky shot?

Mine is smooth. Almost always comes around to my upper right flipper.

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks... Did not know that

You may have to enable it in the menu options.

1 month later
#9104 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is pretty much my go to as well but I’m gonna edit a few things that commonly happens with me:
Most games this is what I try to do
2 skill shots and then start 1st Paddock.
<during 1st paddock the ball will head for the inlane, double bounce between the rubbers, and fly out the outlane>
Start 2nd paddock and start TRex MB.
Once done start next paddock.
<miss tower ramp, hit a few rubbers, hit a few sling shots, rocket through the left outlane, no escape because it did this previously 30 seconds prior>
Start Raptor if not earned through SM
<getting raptor setup typically ends in an outlane drain or 2>
Play both CR modes, I usually play VA first as it’s only 6 shots and you are working on qualifying your next paddock, also collecting fossils to get your 10x pteranodon qualified.
If you have earned your theirs CR play it.
<shooting CR or Helipad will usually cause a drain. So many shots focus on this>
Play SCR.
Play out the rest of the paddocks.
<I will work on setting the game up on 10-ball to achieve this>

All joking aside I got a GC for first time in a few weeks last night at around 1.4 bil and a 370mil’ish VC. My initial thought to my game was “F yea!” Followed by an “F you!” - see, The problem I’m having with enjoying the game compared to my other pins, is it’s a survival game much like TWD. And the moments come in the mid-end game modes (minus the T-Rex super JP , that’s freakin cool as hell). So it takes a lot of frustration and survival to get to those moments. All in all, I probably just need to play better, but the game can be frustrating as hell which takes away the fun-positive moments.

I agree on that comparison to TWD. Both games kick my ass on a regular basis. I feel like you really have to be "on" with your shots to enjoy JP2. There's just no room for error because your shots need to be so precise. The slings and outlanes are pretty unforgiving too. Definitely more F you moments than F yeah for me, but it does make it really satisfying when you do!

#9137 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Been trying to lock in the best hurry up for Feed Trex and think I did it by completely the JP build on the upper loop. Anyone see 7 million?
[quoted image]

6,750,000 is my highest as well. Curious to see if anyone has gotten over 7 million though.

#9152 3 years ago

If anyone is looking to upgrade the stock cards I can't recommend these lenticular cards enough. They are tough to photograph but are made really well and the 3D and transition effects really look great and make my game feel complete now that the stock yellow pricing card is gone!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04698-stern-jurassic-park-lenticular-apron-cards

20210117_091240 (resized).jpg20210117_091240 (resized).jpg20210117_094344 (resized).jpg20210117_094344 (resized).jpg20210117_094403 (resized).jpg20210117_094403 (resized).jpg20210117_094422 (resized).jpg20210117_094422 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9856 3 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Got our jurassic park pro swapped out of a location recently after being there for about 2 years. Cleaning things up and found this under the slingshot star posts. I knew we had some bubbling around some posts here and there, but goddamn. What do yall think I should do to keep this from getting worse. I was thinking clear nail polish or something.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd pickup some plumber washers and put them under the posts to stop it from spreading.

#9861 3 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

when you say plumber washers, what do you mean? I am not familiar with this term.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-100-Piece-Assorted-Flat-Washer-Set-34441/100145028

7 months later
#11942 2 years ago

What's the biggest hurry-up base value that's possible? I had 12+ million once but of course I couldn't do much with it. 298 Million is a great MB. I think my high is about half of that.

2 months later
#12705 2 years ago

11 months later
#15696 1 year ago

I own both (Premium JP and LE TWD) and they are my 2 favorite Stern games. I'd give the edge to TWD just because Lyman's code is an absolute masterpiece and the ball times are less than JP which gets me pushing the start button more often. Jurassic park is an amazing game too though.. you can't go wrong with either.

7 months later
#17391 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Movie code question.
Is there movie code for the latest version of the game and can it be used with IC?

I believe the latest movie code is version 1.05 which isn't compatible with IC.

#17397 8 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I'm hoping a movie code drop?? Wishful thinking, but I'm kinda gonna be PO'd if they do another release based on movie assets or release one with movie themed art.

We aren't going to get movie code from Stern. More than likely this will just be a new art package/trim level for the game. I wonder if they brought Johnny Crap back to do it, or maybe we'll see Zombie Yeti's artwork on a JP pin?

#17484 8 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

First person that scans and reprints the new 30th translite is gonna make some serious $. I’d stick one on my pro

Is it a translite or a backglass?

#17604 8 months ago

Does anyone have an idea of when the new code update will be live? I just checked from my game and it doesn't appear to be yet.

#17907 8 months ago

Did we ever get any confirmation on who did the art package on the 30th Anniversary edition? I think it looks fantastic, just odd that Stern isn't promoting whoever the artist is.

#17908 8 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

2. With new code 1.10 the UI/graphics still look like they’re really old, before Stern had a good graphics department. It feels kind of lack luster and sterile. In fact they started work on Jurassic Park 6 years ago and it looks like it too. Nothing close to LCD work on FF or GZ.

I think FF is in a league of its own when it comes to display/ custom animations but JP I think holds its own compared to everything else Stern has released in the LCD era. At the time it came put it looked leaps and bounds better than Maiden and games that came before it. I think it probably has the best custom animation and display ui work of all of the Elwin titles. Godzilla is also good but most of it is old video footage which makes it look old. I don't think JP looks any more outdated than more current games like Bond or RUSH.

#17911 8 months ago
Quoted from partlyironic:

I think they said it was Johnny Crap on the reveal stream.

Thanks! That does make sense as the art style does look similar to the other models. I wasn't ever a big fan of the Pro or LE cabinet art packages. The art is well drawn but didn't really capture the essence or feel of the movie. I think this is the best art package yet with second place going to the Premium. Hope that someone makes a translite version of the backglass as I would love to stick one in my Premium.

If I had a 30th edition I'd be really tempted to buy a left side Premium decal and make it the ultimate edition with the Raptors in the Kitchen art to go along with the great art on the right side.

#17922 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Any known wear areas on jp that I should know about or ways to prevent wear on those areas??

Make sure that the post beneath the upper right flipper is in tight. On early JP games this was a problem and there was often playfield wear around this post.

#17936 8 months ago

No problems running 1.10 on my June 2020 Premium that has Home team installed (no IC scanner). I love the movie code but can't see rolling back because of the features and code that would be missing.

I really like the Nedry save, having lit outlanes as a Chaos award, improved Virus attack, as well as all the new callouts. I haven't even tried the Co-op or team modes yet. My favorite Stern game just got better!

#18272 8 months ago

I'm really digging the trim color. More of a copper orange then red. Picture is courtesy of GAP.

FB_IMG_1692800664645 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1692800664645 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.