(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,309 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingHebes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#730 4 years ago

I was going to buy a JP pro this week, but holding off after hearing about all this. My dist also mentioned they have been getting calls about playfield flaking right out of the box. I was also going to buy a new Deadpool pro that would be coming from the Stern Factory, do you think there is a chance of a newer production dead.. pooling?

1 week later
#1292 4 years ago

Got my pro on Friday! I've been pretty sick, but finally felt good enough to unbox it last night. Noticed no pooling out of box, after about 10 plays i can see pooling on lots of posts. Will get some pics tonight.

Btw is that decal that came with the owners manual just for personal use? Or does it have a place on the machine somewhere?

#1293 4 years ago

So my code update keeps failing. Ive copied the two files from the unzipped folder into a usb drive. There are 4 options. Quick/verify yes/no and full/verify yes/so. I tried full verify/yes and unoacking failed. Tried the first Option quick verify/no. Unpacking failed. Tried the other usb port on the machine. Failed. Tried the other spk file on the stick which only has 2 options full verify yes/no. Got invalid spk error. The manual nor the readme give any info on these different options. Maybe ill try a different usb stick. Any tips?

#1295 4 years ago

It is taking a really long time to download these files from sterns website. Maybe they have an issue on their end.

#1303 4 years ago

It finally installed. I downloaded again on chrome via windows the second time. First time was on mac and chrome. I also reformatted the usb stick on windows. Initially i just deleted everything on it, but it was already fat32 formatted. My guess is the reformat helped. I just did quick verify/no. Whats the difference between these? Quick and full? No info i can find on it in the manual or sterns website.

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

because it's not related to stern's work.
quick just means it writes the new file system on the disk and doesn't bother going and removing or validating things. It's just setting things up to say "ok, new table of contents.. we'll just ignore any existing dirt and just write new chapters/files when we need to". A 'full format' would go through and wipe out all the old files and try to clean the disk.
No need to do anything but a quick w/o verify unless you suspect disk corruption problems.

How is the code update not related to sterns work? I think you thought I was talking about formatting the USB. But in a earlier post I mentioned the multiple options there are on the pinball machine when you try to load new code off the USB. There are 4 options when installing the code, quick or full, both with verify yes/no.

Yes it came with big washers under the sling posts. But I see minor pooling on many different posts all over. The post by the upper flipper looks strange like the art might be flaking? I'll have to take the glass off for a closer inspection. I also got a green plunger spring in mine, so a full power plunge only sometimes makes the halfpipe. The button launch doesn't always make the halfpipe either though. Ordering an orange one tonight off PBL and some back up coil stops. Seems to be a pretty fun game though so far! I've only scratched the surface, but I think this has the best skill shots in a game to date?(Haven't made that 3rd combo yet; I hope it keeps going after!).

#1346 4 years ago

Im 30 plays into this game(gf and neighbor played some of those). I can say this is an awesome game with lots of unique shots. Still figuring out what to do, and what stuff does, but that's what keeps me hitting the start button again and again. Unfortunately i broke my raptor gate too.(i blame the raptors) i never even really shot for the raptor cage, was focused on all the other stuff. Since i took the glass off to pull this off the playfield i figured its a good time to take the regular look at my backyard pool pics.

Couldn't get a good picture of a few other pools, but the left out lane adjustment post has pooling. Post left of supply drop target and the side rail above supply drop target have pools as well. This machine has August 15 on its backside. My deadpool has August 22 on the backside and no pooling.

With that said the pooling isn't super noticeable unless you're looking for it. Had it not been such a known issue i may have not noticed. The slings have big washers on the front posts and show no pooling.

This game will be routed next week, so we will see if it can survive the crucible.

All in all, great game, given ive only had it for a few days i think the pooling scare is quite overblown compared to how it actually looks in real life, i guess the counter argument of whether pooling is only the beginning of a bigger issue is still against the time clock so we will see. Game play is not affected by the pooling. My upper flipper post seems tight still also. My only concerns here are having the wrong plunger spring installed at factory(what else might not be correct?) and this weak ass raptor gate. Also i have heard and have seen coil stops fail on new sterns unexpectedly fast, ive got some back ups on the way if i encounter that.

If pooling is the only thing stopping you from buying this one, id say buy it. But don't take my advice! Wouldn't hurt to give it a couple weeks either.

20190910_014920 (resized).jpg20190910_014920 (resized).jpg20190910_015021 (resized).jpg20190910_015021 (resized).jpg20190910_015043 (resized).jpg20190910_015043 (resized).jpg20190910_015208 (resized).jpg20190910_015208 (resized).jpg20190910_015356 (resized).jpg20190910_015356 (resized).jpg20190910_020315 (resized).jpg20190910_020315 (resized).jpg20190910_020325 (resized).jpg20190910_020325 (resized).jpg
#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Have any strategies to share besides "play better"... or are you just cheering from the sidelines?

Biggest runs I've had was virus control room or paddocks stacked with chaos. I think i saw 40 mil on one control room shot. Its hard to see what is scoring though in that chaos MB. So many balls. My score jumps a few hundred mil sometimes when i stack those though. Pretty sure 2x playfield was running too. But again its chaos. So many lights. Does the action button have any uses yet? I haven't found any.

#1420 4 years ago

Is it just me or did chaos multiball get notched down to 3 to start? I swear with .87 it was a 6 ball multiball to start. Maybe i just had excessive pop action before?

#1450 4 years ago

Does anyone elses speaker on the bottom sound blown? Mine sounds crackly like a blown speaker sometimes during some sounds. But its not constant. Wondering if its a speaker issue or just a really bad sound clip.

#1476 4 years ago

I noticed this jaws pro sticker in my Jurassic park today.

Does anyone have a drained ball sometimes get stuck in the drain and not sense the ball has drained? It seems they are supposed to naturally slide to the right, and sometimes a ball gets stuck on the far left and not roll down. A little nudge gets it moving, still annoying though, especially if you had a ball save going.

20190915_025009 (resized).jpg20190915_025009 (resized).jpg20190915_025552 (resized).jpg20190915_025552 (resized).jpg
#1516 4 years ago

Btw i put the Orange plunger spring that the manual suggests in, instead of the stock green, and my full power plunges still are not %100 up the halfpipe. Def more consistency than with the green. It almost seems like too much power sometimes. Maybe the spring strength in between Orange and green would be perfect? Could just be a halfpipe flaw or ball trajectory. But i think that's why there are secret skill shots, incase it fails.

#1619 4 years ago

Here are fixes I've had to do during first week on location. About 180 plays at home before location. Just over 300 when i went to repair. Not sure if flipper resets when you reset audits, but right flipper was around 12k. Left flipper no issues and around 9k. Raptor target was getting stuck on left rubber ring. I just loosened the screws on the target mount and realigned it properly then tightened down, simple. Will make sure to check if it slips out of position. Right flippers became sluggish. After investigation, both right coil stops had blown out. Replacing those restored power to %100. Luckily I've read this is common so had some back up coil stops ready. I did adjust the eos switch a bit before discovering the coil stop and received a message upon power up saying something like node board 8 overenergized. Not sure what that means. Pooling has started and pretty significantly on the left sling with large washer. Other pooling spots don't seem to be progressing.

20190919_150226 (resized).jpg20190919_150226 (resized).jpg20190919_155504 (resized).jpg20190919_155504 (resized).jpg20190919_160719 (resized).jpg20190919_160719 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2009 4 years ago

I had a screw break on the lower right sling post, the bottom most post bolt/screw. Can anyone please identify what bolt/screw I need to replace it? It's the double ended threaded type with a build in nut under the top threads. I'm sure it's a standard part but I could not find it in the manual. The game still works as only the top portion broke off, so I can't pull it out and measure it. Thanks.

#2070 4 years ago

You guys are reading it wrong. It will light chaos if chaos isn't completed. IF chaos is lit or you are already in MB then you get the super supply drop.

My raptor gate broke after 30 plays. The replacement didn't look different and broke after 1 day. My 3rd gate is a slightly different design and has been over a week, no issues yet. Will be going in today to install the new update!

#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Playing new code for first time. Why is control room now going to a 4th folder with a “?” On it and bypassing the control room modes altogether?

Yeah we are experiencing this today. Were you in multiplayer? Tilt forums says its a bug in code where players are sharing control rooms. We were noticing some greyed out and unelectable sometimes but couldn't make sense if it. How about the tilt debounce? Has anyone noticed its jacked up? We are tilting super easily and tilt through with delayed tilts. The bob is very loose, top of bob is just below being flush with the ring. I cranked tilt debounce up to max 1500 and its still happening. The tilt was not this sensitive before the .90 code update.

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm going to need a close up picture of someone's raptor one way gate for this install. Theres a flat metal "flap" that hangs down. Not sure if the gate goes in front or behind the flap. Any help is much appreciated.

From a playing position, The metal flap goes on the north side of the gate. It is there to push the roll through gate back down. The curved side of the gate goes on the right.

#2332 4 years ago

Makes sense for 4th skill shot to be helipad, then why not 5th spinner, then 6th upper loop? That's gotta be a DNA combo right?

4 weeks later
#2827 4 years ago

My alice cooper came with pinball life prefect play silicone rubbers. They feel super bouncy for one. And 2 they are deteriorating pretty rapidly. Im not impressed. I have titans coming to swap out on ACNC so i Will have back to back comparison. Titans on my getaway are holding up great so far, though i didn't use flipper rubber on it.

2 weeks later
#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The post by my upper flipper is super loose.
Is this just an easy tighten from the bottom fix, or something else?

Its a common issue it seems. Some people use locktite and get good results. Stern has a modified post, i contacted them about it and they mailed me one. I however had to modify there's as it didn't fit. The instructions said to put a washer on the bottom but the flipper plate didn't fit like that, so i put both washers on the upper playfield and its holding strong for 2+ weeks now.

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone had issues with your right flipper since the new code update? It is like my slightly loses hold power now. I checked it out physically and everything seems okay, just get a little drop when the flipper is up and hit by a ball coming downward.
Also, I have had an issue where the GI lights for the lower left side of the playfield have a tendency to go out...I haven't been able to correlate it to any specific instance, and a reboot brings them back every time. Anyone else?

That is most likely a blown out coil stop. I had to replace the coil stops on my jp both right flippers very early on, less than 300 plays i believe. I had one coil stop blow out in my deadpool less than 150 plays. But after replacing DP has gone 1500+ still strong. And JP about 2.5k still strong.

1 week later
#3425 4 years ago

Getting a ball frequently stuck inside the left slingshot island under the rubber. Anyone else encounter this? Rubber seems fine. Just started happening out of the blue after a few thousand plays. Thinking ill search settings for a sling setting to mess with. Any other ideas? Maybe the rubber is just getting looser over time?

1 month later
#3798 4 years ago

Doing stuff under my playfield today and noticed the newton ball nut/bolt underneath was loose. Trying to tighten it, i realized my newton ball is not attached to anything. It just sits on an unthreaded post. Is this normal? I figured it would be screwed in or actually attachedto the post. Unless whatever glue is used to stick it to the post broke? Is this normal or is my newton ball broken? I think its broken because i can't even tighten this post. Seems i should be able to hold the ball and tighten the nut underneath.

1 month later
#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Thanks. We looked at that and there is plenty of clearance between the optos. I tried giving it no play, a lot of play and just a little play with the same result. It's that last 1/4" where it gets bound up. It spins around really well, hits the newton ball and bounces up about 1/4" and just stays there. A few flips or smacks on the side of the cabinet and it falls back down.

This was happening on mine. Just replace the bushing. I tried cleaning mine and it was good for a little bit but then went back to not resting on the newton ball. They are cheap enough, but you need the stern flipper bushings. I tried a Williams one i had and it didn't fit the screw holes properly. Obviously clean the truck rod that goes through the bushing. I used alcohol. Upon reassembling with the new bushing i did have to try different gapping to get quick smooth action. I had better luck with a gap that was wider than a standard flipper gap. Machine pitch/level could potentially play a part in how this mechanism is effected as well. Im just under 7 degrees. Good luck! You'll be back at museum mayhem in no time

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's a bummer if they're shipping parts that are non-conforming. We've not had issues with any of our JP flipper mechs, had to turn power down on rt flipper to 235 or so to keep left ramp shots under control.

What do you mean by under control? I've noticed after cleaning my game i get frequent left ramp rejections on clean shots. Its almost like the ball airballs and hits something then comes back. Is that what you mean?

3 months later
#5803 3 years ago

Thought I'd ask here incase anyone has encountered this issue. I just emailed Stern support looking for advice, but pinside is also usually very helpful.

Has anyone had an issue with the right ramp (A) and right orbit (O) shots not registering? Not just the letters, but any shot on those shots. They are not registering in switch test. Everything looks to be hooked up properly and the switches seem to be working right mechanically (I can hear the click). Seems strange for 2 switches to both stop working at the same exact time. I traced the wires, and they both share the same spot on node board 9, CN12 (The orange clip). Anyone know what the issue is? Or what I should start checking next?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingHebes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=KingHebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.