(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

425 posts in this topic match your search for posts by JMCFAN. You are on page 1 of 2.
#6891 3 years ago

Well I have a Avengers IQ Prem on order....and am now considering swapping to JP....reading a ton on this thread.....

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Interesting as that’s exactly what I did

Did you order a Prem? Whats lead time...?

#6897 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Premium got it in a week. For me the premium was the way to go. I’m usually a pro guy but the art and extra features to me were worth it in this case. The t rex while a gimmick and not really a gameplay add, is so freaking cool and gets me and people who play it so excited

I am waiting to hear back from my dist,.....

#7005 3 years ago

I just swapped my order for a Avengers IQ Prem to JP Prem. The theme is more my style......

#7143 3 years ago

So I have a Prem on order...deposit paid...

What the "THE" mods to have.....and is there a rule/gameplay sheet? Munsters has a good one....

2 weeks later
#7478 3 years ago

Is there a"cheat sheet" etc with the rules and game modes etc..? Have one for Munsters and Batman....waiting on my Prem...

#7493 3 years ago

While I wait for my Prem.... side blades? Sterns....or one of the other options?

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I am currently struggling with this same conundrum as well. I really think the best choice for me is to stick with the cartoony look of the PF and rear panel artwork and pay to ship the ones from RR over here. I don't think the photo real ones really jive with the art theme and for me blades should compliment the art if at all possible.

Which ones are you looking at? I have a set of the Stern ones on order with my game....but can cancel....

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Anyone on the west side of the United States looking to part with a Jurassic Park Premium or LE?

Dallas...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-premium-34

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

For my premium, I'm looking at these that match the blue theme of the lower PF and back panel:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades/

Nice...the "sunset" ones are cool too... I didn't look....how much is shipping?

#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I went with the Sterns, and like the way they look in the machine.

Do you have a pic? please....

#7553 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You can still buy them nib.

I have one on order...deposit paid.... February....

#7564 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I started that thread...

Where is this thread?

#7589 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I just spent entirely too much time looking at the topic gallery and google for photos of the Stern art blades installed in a game. I came up dry- does anyone have a photo of the Stern art blades installed in their game? (not the LE, obviously)

Post 7511

#7600 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Can anyone list the difference between the Pro and Premium. Excuse me if there is a simple place to look, but the Stern site really doesn't show a bullet list.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdf

#7620 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Hey all!
I ordered a NIB JP Premium at the start of September and was told machines would be on the line the 3rd week of October.
My distributor seems to be getting zero dates on shipping.
(Typical "supply chain and COVID delays" reasoning given...just not sure if that is legit or just a "line" being sent out)
Anyone here have an idea on when Stern may get some fresh premiums off the line and in the hands of customers?
I'd love to get it in and setup before the snow flies!

I have a deposit on one since Sept. Told February......so closer to when snow begins to melt. Game Ex in Colo is also showing Q1 2021

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

can any one point me in the direction of the alternative code or enhancement code that was done by a pinsider? I checked the key posts nothing cheers!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips

1 week later
#7824 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, pteradon flying over the loop is also how I have mine. It looks way better than having him stand vertically. The vertical way of mounting always makes me think "pop up pteradon"

I wont get my Prem until Feb....but buying mods now. Where to get the pteradon? Raptors?

1 week later
#7922 3 years ago

I only know of this thread...???

#7942 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I guess COVID lockdown gives us all kinds of time to be creative.... Heres what some bamboo sticks, an old corn whisk hand broom and a sheet of hobby basswood turns into in 3 hours.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice!!

#8118 3 years ago

Now to locate a chopper

1 week later
#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Brontosaurus just added today let me know what you you all think.
Next is the Pterodactyl and I have to plant some trees[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice what Brontosaurus is that and how did you mount it?

#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Operation pinball has new Pros in stock, I highly recommend them! free fast shipping and of course no tax, that is who I got my premium from last month. They sent it with in 3 business days. But the premium right now is a tough to find used or NIB. Good luck!

Have a deposit on next run of Prems.....early Feb....

#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is what I was looking for, and works as you describe (I had to hold start in for a couple of seconds) - thanks!

I need to quit using that function......I tend to use when I have 2 crap 1st balls......lol

#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sometimes I'm working on the pin, so I start a game to see my changes, go and make another change, etc. When done I didn't actually want to play a game and I don't want to start a new one right then, but I want to leave the pin on. Was just looking for a quicker way to get the pin back into attract mode instead of cycling power.

The start button trick does notput it back in attract mode....restarts the game....

#8431 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While holding in left flipper then holding in start button cancels game and puts pin back into attract mode.

Thanks... Did not know that

1 week later
#8583 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Bubble should be between the lines, but it's not always accurate.
Buy a digital level on Amazon. It's a must have if you're in this hobby

Recommendation?

#8585 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just use PinGuy (free app) on your mobile phone.
It's great because you can be under the pin leveling and setting slope while a voice calls out what adjustments need to be made and when you are all set.

Looks like its a Apple app..... Android here...??

#8637 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Happy to finally join the club! I ordered my Premium this morning, and it will be delivered sometime next week. Deadpool will enjoy the company.
I also ordered the Tilt art blades, a shaker motor and Pin Stadiums. Any other "must-have" mods I should pick up?

Where did you order with that quick of delivery...?? told sold until next run in Feb...

#8639 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ditto! Who has them in stock?

my Prem has been on order since late Sept.....with a reputable dealer hmmm,,,,

#8642 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I ordered one in September and got in in October from Hemisphere amusements... They took a premium and installed a shaker motor, invisi glass and art blades. Great guys. I’ve bought 3 machines from them.

And they are showing February for production.... none in stock...which fits....

#8654 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I found out a little more about how I lucked into a JP Premium yesterday. Apparently someone had ordered a JP Premium for Christmas, and then he changed his mind at the last minute and went with TMNT. My phone call yesterday morning to ask about lead time was just really lucky.
Then Mancave Warehouse surprised me again today, and just delivered it. Holy shit, that was unexpected. [quoted image]

Nice!! Lucky phone call!!!

#8698 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Actually you want to use an orange or one with heavy tension, blue has less tension
Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

I have orange on both my Munsters LE and Batman 66.....and will put on my JP......when get it.....

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Something has been bothering me about the backboard, and I finally had some time to do something about it. This pin, like all my games, just seems dark in the back. It has the greenery hanging down, so I thought it would be nice to throw some light behind those plastics. I engineered a 3D printed solution, but then thought I'd first try something a little simpler. Well, I love the results, so I'm sharing with everyone.
Before doing my DIY I searched around to see what others had done. I noticed there is a Mezel mod that comes in around $45 with shipping. I didn't bother to look to see exactly how they did theirs, but by seeing the lone photo for the item I figured I could achieve comparable results for significantly less . . . which I did. I used stock Comet Matrix lighting parts and did the job for just over $20 shipped. The LED strip I used is the perfect length to cover the full width of the area available without any modifications to the strip.
Parts Needed:
1 x Comet Matrix 50 SMD (20 inches) Cool White Clear Lens 6.3v Lighting Strip (comes with long connecting cable and alligator clips) | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips?variant=32219276410982
1 x Comet Matrix Brightness Adjuster | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/brightness-adjusters?variant=12493660618796
Installation is very simple with just a few steps.
1 - Turn off pin, slide out playfield, rest the playfield on the lockbar rail, and remove all 6 balls.
2 - Adhere the 50 SMD LED strip just behind the upper cabinet rail where the backboard typically sits: peel the backing off, start on the left side of the pin as far as you can, then use your fingers to make sure the strip is stuck well with the wiring to the right. Be sure to run the cable back behind the metal stopper so that it remains invisible and doesn't hang with pulling the playfield in and out. FYI, you will need to do this blind by feel, but it is easily accessed with the playfield slid out.
[quoted image]
3 - Connect the brightness adjuster to the end of the cable then the alligator clips to the end of the brightness adjuster, and drop the wiring down into the cabinet.
4 - Fully lift the playfield to expose the underside, find the GI light socket under the center back plastic, slide the heatshrink off the leads, then connect the alligator clips (I don't think polarity matters as I tried it both ways). FYI, there is plenty of slack in the wiring to allow for full motion of the playfield from gameplay position to the playfield being fully slid out and lifted.
[quoted image]
5 - Turn the pin on (with coin door closed) and check your lighting. You can try to adjust your brightness now by turning the screw with a small Philips head, but you may have to tweak it some with playfield in place (I settled at about 75% brightness).
6 - When you are happy with your install, turn off pin, lower the playfield and slide back in place, and replace all 6 balls. Turn pin on and check your lighting. When happy with everything, put glass back on and enjoy your new illuminated backboard.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are before and after pics, with and without PinStadium lighting (all photos below were taken at night in a dark room).
Backboard without PinStadium lighting before backboard light mod
[quoted image]
Backboard with PinStadium lighting before backboard light mod
[quoted image]
Backboard without PinStadium lighting after backboard light mod
[quoted image]
Backboard with PinStadium lighting after backboard light mod
[quoted image]

Add to cart!! Thanks

1 week later
#8916 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How does that one go catching the ball??
Have you seen the one Lior is doing https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

That one i am in line for...

#8931 3 years ago

how do I test them with the coin door open....?

Do you not have the pull button to allow adjustments with door open...??? I do on my Batman 66... and Munsters does does not shut down with door open....

#8933 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What is the pull button? Is that the coin door switch

yes...pull out and will allow full function....

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Some of the tricks/terms are similar in the two sports (especially the grabs), but skateboarding has far more that wakeboarding (there are just so many different things you can do on a skateboard). I do watch skateboarding on TV when I come across it. I prefer the freestyle type events just to see the creativity. Most people don't appreciate what these athletes are capable of since they make things look so easy, but there is probably only a a fraction of a percent of the population that is capable of pulling off even the most basic tricks.

Bought my son a One Wheel for Xmas.... looks a broken neck to me.... he loves it

#9082 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just make him wear a helmet. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet during my bike wrecks, I'd probably be a vegetable (or worse) right now. It doesn't sound like much, but slamming your head against pavement at 25mph is extremely jolting.

Oh yea! He is a ex motocross racer.... always a helmet...

#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

I'm sure this issue has been brought up before, but could someone please direct me to the best post regarding troubleshooting the launcher? Ugh.
Only 2/5 balls are making up the chopper. I maxed out the strength for the auto-launch with little impact. When I pull the plunge all the way back I get 3/5 making it up the half-loop. It is very annoying to lose out on the standard skill-shots, right flipper feed, etc.
Thank you!

You need to change the spring.... common....they come with the weak one....guessing yours is green.,... orange one is about right...

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

March/April I believe.

Prems in Feb....I was told by distributor

#9298 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Isnt there different versions of the pinstadiums? What version do you have? If you get a chance could you post a pic of your game.

I got the Neos for JP...but dont have game yet.....

#9348 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

bent98 and I have been working on our latest idea (his idea, my execution) - illuminating the eyes of the dino sling plastics, and I thought I would show the preliminary results.
First, I tried a variety of different OEM lighting options, but I just couldn't make anything look good. I then came up with a hybrid solution where I 3D print a specially designed casing, use the SMD from a non-ghosted yellow LED, and solder on a Matrix connector resulting in a "plug and play" solution. Also, the lights may be installed with or without disassembly of the sling plastics, and will work with or without plastic protectors (notice I have plastic protectors installed).
The bulbs are connected via alligator clips (i.e. non-destructive and easily removable) under the playfield to the lower sling LED socket. This way the eyes will flash when the sling flashes and be solid when the sling is solid.
Since I need to place a component order and I don't normally keep these supplies on hand, I wanted to see who might be interested in purchasing a set before I put my order in tomorrow. Cost will be $30 (includes US shipping) for the set of 2 and will include everything you need to install the mod (two custom lighting assemblies but with a 12" extension instead of 6" as shown and two sets of alligator clips). If you are interested in purchasing, please let me know before noon central tomorrow (1/27), and I will require advance payment via PP F&F.
Here is an example of my custom made bulb assembly.
[quoted image]
Here is what it looks like on the right sling. Note that I'm working on an alternate design for this side that will narrow the light pattern, but I broke my last yellow LED so I can't show what it will look like until I order more.
[quoted image]
Here is what it looks like on the left sling under the T-rex.
[quoted image]
Here it is with the lights flashing.
[quoted image]

Sign me up!!!

1 week later
#9454 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Grab a TMNT pro for cheap off market, i see its on your wishlist. Its a better game in my opinion then both DP pro and AIQ premium in the fun department and compliments JP2 nicely with a totally different code and design. Plus you have Iron Man so your use to fast games. Then grab a JP2 premium when there available is what id recommend.

If your wanting NIB Premiums should drop this month.... I hope......

#9470 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

New Premium run pushed back to Mid to late March now...

Where you see that..?

#9481 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

looks like it helps some. I am not a big fan of pinstadiums. They are just too expensive for what you get. My new game room has great lighting so no need for those things anymore.

I love them...room lighting does nothing for my game lighting...but they are pricey

#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I got an email too. 3rd week in March.

Got the call as well... high on the list though... 1st week in March... will see....

#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Why the down vote on JMCFAN?

Just noticed that.... hmmm no idea....just relaying what my distributor told me on a voicemail.....

#9495 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

No. Clean(wipe with dry cloth or whatever) the playfield of any dust/debris from factory, clean the balls before putting them in, then play.

How do all clean the "PINBALL" balls....?

#9543 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Really? I got an email from Erik at Stern who, after confirming my dealer and order for a premium, told me last week of Feb on Feb 1. That would be very disappointing if true. I feel like I've been excitedly waiting forever for this, my first machine.

I got a call from Game Room Guys.., mid March.. Deposit paid in Oct....

1 week later
#9595 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

No, No I meant what were u smoking when u put those giant dino statues on the slings.
As long as u like it.

To each their own..... no for me...

1 week later
#9644 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Installed the Stern art blades the other day and thought I would share since I could only find a few pics of them installed. I had the Tilt Graphics blades in my old machine and liked them quite a bit, but I really love how these look. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! I have a set on order with my Prem but had not seen them installed. I like!!

#9747 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Traded for it and it had the card included. I was going to try it out myself anyway, just saved me the time. Enjoy what you want, but this does not improve the game at all and in fact makes it non-sensical.

Well enjoy...you are in a SMALL minority...

#9809 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Do you have Pinstadium lights as your pin looks nice and bright? I need to order something and I’m leaning that way.

I bought them before my game is here... have them on Munsters and Batman...

#9875 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I should be joining the club in a few weeks. This premium would be my first NIB purchase. I’m kinda surprised I’d have to ask this for such an expensive item, but what are the odds everything works fine out of the box? Maybe I’m just reading too many complaints on here and FB but I’m curious to know what people’s NIB experience has been like

I will also be joining this club soon....my 3rd NIB Stern... Munsters LE and Batman Catwoman edition also. Both worked fine out of the box. Only issue I have found is the crane light on Batman did not work. Looked like the 2 wires were never really soldered on... quick easy fix

#9878 3 years ago

You have just enough time to email Cliffy and get a set of protectors on order, ready to install when the machine arrives in a few weeks. Drop him a note with what you need. http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm has the protectors, then email him with your order: [email protected]

Absolutely. I have a box of mods already waiting.... lol

#9885 3 years ago

Requoting my previous:
"That third flipper post is crazy hard to work on, but I found a mechanics open ended standard ignition set of mini wrenches works great. Mine was a Craftsman set (part number 9-44778), but with Sears gone, you will have to find a similar set on Amazon. Those wrenches are thin enough to just slide under the flipper assembly to hold the locknut while you tighten from above (playfield raised). In addition, I added a hard nylon washer (about 14mm diam, .8mm thick) to that post, between the playfield surface and the flat steel washer Stern supplied. I then tightened it up while centering it in the playfield graphic circle.. Took some patience but you really WANT to spend this time as you will damage your playfield if you let that post spin and wiggle and do any movement at all."

FYI Craftsman line now at Lowes

#9904 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. The game is fantastic and to bastardize it is a complete waste of time.

In the very small minority.....

#9928 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I pull Stern coil stops and replace day one.

Where do you order?

#9940 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep those are the ones I bought

ordered 6

#9955 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Anyone here waiting on a NIB Premium? Curious if anyone heard a specific timeline on delivery from their distributor. Last i heard was first week in April hopefully

My dist says 1st week of April....which is what Stern sent out a while ago...

#9966 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Gotcha. I was thinking you just also installed the movie code too.

This guy wont let go of his dis on the "Movie Code".... let it go man.... u you dont like... we get it... move on

#9978 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:With all due respect, you should create a new rule for your fan boys to follow.
Rule #96 - Don't have a seizure if someone says they don't like the project. Enjoy, play it, lay low and don't cause public drama.
I didn't sign some bullshit NDA. I bought a pinball machine and had an opinion about a mod that was included.
Big. Fucking. Deal.

What a toad.....and F bombs get you reported...

#10000 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If I ignored everyone who drove me crazy on Pinside, all I would ever see are my own posts.

LOL but this nob is worthy....

#10024 3 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Is this true? My distributor told me I was in on a premium from March production. Haven’t heard anything yet. This would be exciting!

I ordered in Oct... was told 1st week of April for shipping!!

#10025 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'd love to grab a Premium, but can't justify it after my distributor and Stern basically telling me to pound sand after my BM66 Catmoman play field started falling apart within 2 weeks of getting it.
I wish you all the best of luck getting your new games! JP is one of my absolute favorites.

Wow...my Catwoman has been fine.... it if gets a LOT of play

#10027 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Give this a try. I did this about 2 months ago and its been fantastic! World of difference. Remember, it needs to be a dead set accurate shot into the mouth, but this certainly has helped mine for sure:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/184#post-6079847

Dang foam sold out....

#10038 3 years ago

That may be TOO big!!! I think he wants the 1:43 scale jeep.

Yup...too big.... wrong jeep

#10047 3 years ago
Quoted from twarr:

Got an email today that premiums are delayed with one month (I live in Norway).
"The reason for this is that they are missing a stepper motor built in Asia. And due to heavy congestion in Chinese ports and a huge lack of containers, this product has been delayed. Stern has been hoping that they would be able to get the part before the deadline on Jurassic Park, but reported yesterday that this stepper motor is on a ship waiting to unload in Los Angeles. This means that the production of this game is moved to April. We asked Stern if there was any type of priority, but were told that no one is getting any JP premium's on their March shipments."

Will see.... that sounds really odd...

#10086 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Here’s your chance boys and girls!

Not worth it.....

#10160 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

IMDN prem and EHOH are delayed. I heard JP and GOTG were on the line last month.

I ordered my Prem in Oct... now told due to parts delay...end of April....

2 weeks later
#10249 3 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Almost not worth the money, you can hardly see them. To bad there’s not a way to back light them.

Yea looks great....but when you slide the game back in...?? How much...????

1 week later
#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

About to join the JP club. Got a Premium due any day. What do you do while waiting for delivery? Buy mods, of course. Contemplating upgrading the JP sound system with Pinwoofer kit.
Would welcome any feedback on Pinwoofer and the JP - is it a must have/worth the price tag?
Thanks in advance.

I have been buying mods etc since Oct..... any day now....Pin Stadiums ( sale)... Trex ( shipping soon) signs...amber shooter... etc...etc...

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Still waiting for my premium....

Same here...emailed distributor today..... told me there were picking them up last Friday....

#10404 2 years ago

My distributor sent my machine on April 27th from Georgia. Due to a litany of problems with UPS Freight being sold to TForceFreight this year, the machine sat in Atlanta for a few days, then got put onto the wrong truck back up to Illinois ("JP Phone Home") instead of Dallas, and once it got to Illinois it sat there for a few days since it wasn't supposed to be in that warehouse. It travelled for 10 days and 1500 miles just to be sitting down the street from Stern's factory again!!!!
Today I see it seems to have been loaded correctly into a truck going "west"... I can only image where it will land next! LOL

Mine just emailed me....will ship no later then the 18th......

#10450 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I was told this month.

Mine said getting Friday....ship by the 18th... can only hope

1 week later
#10497 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Still waiting.....

Was just told shipping by Wed!!

#10505 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What month ? I really hope so.

Me too....

"Yes, the plan is still to have all the shakers installed and ready to ship by Wednesday. You will receive an email with tracking when it leaves the building.

Thank you. "

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

So I just placed a preorder for my JP premium pinball and I was curious as to what mods folks used on their own machines?

audio video upgrade... Jeep...helicopter... Cliffys #1.... Amber shooter....

All mine are waiting on my Prem... was supposed to get a tracking # today....

2 weeks later
#10629 2 years ago

Does anyone want some palm trees and mounting discs? Bought way too many of both... PM me ... jus pay the shipping...

#10668 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just ordered a set that contains a potential good figure I can paint into a yellow raincoat wearing Nedry.
If it comes out well, I think there will be 2 or 3 additional "Nedry" figures included that I would be willing to paint and sell to others for a nominal fee.

I am in!

#10685 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

So I have managed to get the new capacitors soldered on as well as the connector. I had to slightly sand away the protective coating on the housing to get solder to stick, using flux paste and the 60/40 rosin solder recommended. It's super ghetto looking but I don't think it's going anywhere and I'm done putting heat on this thing. Thanks everyone for the help!
I've just remounted everything and it's working again. However, a new concern. Is this bracket supposed to be bent in like in this photo? Also, should I be able to easily rotate the Crank with my hand? I cannot, it is very firm and I'm not trying to break the new motor by forcing it. The Crank itself does not appear to be getting stuck per se. I'm simply worried that given the bracket being bent that there is an overall alignment issue and the motor is going to blow out again. If someone could compare their bracket to mine as well as let me know if they can freely move the Crank I would really appreciate it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice job...!! I have seen much worse solder jobs at Intel.... where I used to work...some of which failed...and cost millions of dollars... I kid you not..!!

#10686 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Nice job...!! I have much worse solder jobs at Intel.... where I used to work...!!Some of which failed...and cost millions of dollars... I kid you not..

#10689 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Funny Intel comment. Years ago I was in the PC building business and when working on a client's Pentium 90 rig I accidently broke off two of the CPU leads. Back then they were large enough and far enough apart that I was able to manually solder them in place, reset the CPU in the socket, and it fired up and performed like a charm. The PC lasted him another couple of years until he came back for an upgrade.[quoted image]

Wow... that old... about when I started... 91... just retired... great company to work for... but they get their moneys worth... still have nightmares... LOL

#10707 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm about to order a JP (premium).
Just curious if these newer builds are the T-Rex working any better than early runs?
If money is no object would you say the premium over the pro?
I have not played a lot, but reading a lot of reviews the only concern for me was someone said the paddock missions are kind of repetitive. I understand the main body of the game is the map-paddock missions so is there enough filler/side missions to make up for anything that might make this game feel like wash rinse repeat?
Thanks

Had my Prem 2 weeks... maybe 50 or so games..been ading Cliffys and mods.. No issues. T Rex is insane...

#10732 2 years ago

Same on mine...

Lane (resized).jpgLane (resized).jpg
#10745 2 years ago

The concensus by many owners is the flipper plate can be easily loosened, and moved out of the way so the nut can be tightened. However, the last time I did it, I used a mechanic's ignition wrench to slide under the plate and tighten it without moving the plate at all.
YOUR choice. Either way will result in the post being tightened.

I removed he screws on the plate...slide out of the way... easy....

2 weeks later
#10848 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't know, but the simplest solution is to just turn up the volume on the pin.

I had never heard it until I installed the new TRex....wow... but works fine...

#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The link is for gorilla tape not trees. Am i missing something?

tape is to hold the trees with discs to playfield....

#10870 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Here ya go...lots of trees to choose from.
amazon.com link »

Good selection here...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SB2QDL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

#10940 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If this game came out in 2019 why is it just now getting so popular. I never heard much about it till a few months ago.

Its also #2 in the Top 100 list.... and getting closer....

1 week later
#10970 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

I know this is an old post, but this helped me tremendously. Just put my Cliffy carbon fiber on and first game noticed a huge difference. The helipad and tower shots are like butter now. I always just figured I wasn’t hitting them square on.

Yup easy upgrade!!!

#10990 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Does anyone have the link to Sterns instructions on adjusting t-rex, or anything in this thread? I did a search but not finding much, but I know it’s here.
Pin is 30 days old and trex worked flawlessly oob and for weeks, then over the past week I’ve had the trex sometimes not take the ball but still register, but over the last day, now the trex is often not taking ball or registering. I played a quick game early am and hit the trex 7 times before it finally took the ball, and it would only take via backhand from left flipper. It’s almost as of trex is slightly looking to left when mouth down on ramp, which makes sense why left backhand took.

I saw them posted in the Prem/LE thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

#11009 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

So I have a preorder on a JP Premium and I've been told that Stern is going to be starting their run on JP machines starting on 7/26. So that means I will be getting my machine in soon!
Do you guys have any suggestions for 'necessary' mods? Or suggestions for tuning new JP machines out of the box?

The plastic palm trees really add to the playfield...

I just got my prem from the last run....thought that was it...that was May....

#11011 2 years ago

The SHAKER, some type of SHOOTER LANE PROTECTOR and TIMLAH's A/V code update are the closest to "necessary" you'll find. The rest is a matter of taste. I consider the Mezel Raptor Pit to be well worth it, along with the WizBlade 'blue' side art. I would also consider the PBL fluorescent plastic protector set to add colorful pop to the lower part of the playfield. And if money is no object, add Stern's Amber shooter.
Obviously there are a ton of other mods (trees, goats, signs, etc) to choose from. Be careful not to go overboard!

Lior's Trex.....if you have DEEP pockets. Its awesome! and yes Shaker for sure....this game requires it!

#11020 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'll offer a dissenting opinion on the movie assets code. I don't know what it's like now, whether it's been further revised, but I uninstalled it pretty quick. I found that the clips didn't match what was going on in the game, and it made the game more confusing for people trying to learn the game. The stock code can be cheesy, but at least the assets were designed for the game and make sense, instead of trying to make movie quotes fit where they don't really make sense.
I'm a minority opinion on this issue, but I think stock code is better.

Now that I have played with the movie code for a while I need to switch back and try original....I never played much it...

#11050 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anybody have a picture of what this is supposed to look like?
[quoted image][quoted image]

What? What are you looking for..???

#11089 2 years ago

The animated Trex was worth the extra $$ to me...

#11105 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

From what I have seen? A fair price for a NIB premium is about $7600 or so. That's how much I paid for my JP premium and it included free shipping.

Same here

2 weeks later
#11230 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

From what I have seen? A fair price for a NIB premium is about $7600 or so. That's how much I paid for my JP premium and it included free shipping.

Same here

Quoted from ChipScott:

Went home and did that ramp fix as mentioned above (removed all the spacers bringing the roof down) and played three games in a row and the ball registered with every single pass of the left ramp, fast or slow.
Good to go!!!

What roof are we talking about.... ?? Can't visualize...?

#11265 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

You do realize that an LE is a premium with a $3000 powdercoat job and a mirrored backglass? Haha. I’ll happily upgrade to some sweet $250 armor protectors and a $250 powdercoat!

$3000?? Diff in LE and Prem is usually about $1200.....

#11266 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Got the amber shooter rod in today. Doesn’t come with any new screws and the og screws that came with the pin very much do not align on threads, or they didn’t thread all the way down, or both.
Chewed right through the threads on one hole and here’s a side by side of how far they naturally screw down till:
[quoted image]
They don’t come close to getting tight, another 1/8+ to go.

Mine installed in 5 minutes.... hmm

#11269 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You do realize that you’re full of it??
If you’re not into LE’s that’s fine but no need to bullshit.
The difference in price is about 1200$
With the LE you get:
Stern shaker
HD glass
Side armor
Mirrored backglass
Powdercoat
Upgraded speakers
Getting those extras for a premium will cost you about 1200$ or even more.

Full ot it...?? wow... Not sure we are talking the same thing... Look at a Mando Prem vs a LE... price difference is $1200... I am sure trying to upgrade a Prem to a LE would be substantially more...

I bought a Munsters LE...

#11270 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Usually includes HD Glass, shaker and other items beside the powdercoat and backglass. Not to mention LE usually includes a resale value greater than Premium + $1200, so the value argument can be looked at in a number of ways.

Exactly... all I was saying was the purchase price between the 2.......

#11273 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Aren't we at $7600/prem and $9500/LE averages these days? The last LE I bought was an SWLE at $8500 but I had heard it went up from there when I almost bought an AIQLE.
Stern/PBL Shaker - $100
HD glass - I put PDI in at $300
Exterior Side armor - $60 - $75 for extended rails
Interior Side Art - $75 - $100
Powder coat $250 - $300 for a nice 2 stage "illusion" color (sometimes better than stock LE color)
Mirrored backglass, plaque, autograph - LE feature only
Most of my games are premiums so I know the math well as I do these upgrades with all my premiums and it usually runs about $800. Although I have had LE's (and currently have a SWLE). The main reason I mostly go the premium route is that I hate all the drama upon the initial release with trying to secure an LE as well as making me commit before I ever see it play. If it also saves me a little money and gives me some choice in how I customize it then so be it.

Mando Prem $7800 LE $9200

#11280 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wasn't talking to you (look at who I quoted)! The person I was replying too stated the diff in price was 3000$ and it was only for a powdercoat and backglass. You and I were both saying the same thing but I covered the things you get with the LE into more detail, not just the price difference.

My bad!

#11284 2 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

This is mine, shifted to the left compared to yours.
[quoted image]

Here is mine... left side all the way to the left....right side to the right.... odd so many different....

jp2 (resized).jpgjp2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#11522 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

What is the best way to level the machine laterally? Especially the back of the play field.
It is pretty easy to use a torpedo level between the slingshots to level the front of the machine. e.g.
[quoted image]
But what about the back of the machine? I have a tiny level that I managed to fit here:
[quoted image]
Is it reasonable to assume this location is square to the playing field?
Another option is to level the cabinet / backbox like this:
[quoted image]
But that doesn't seem like a good idea because the play field could be way off from this.

Definitely not on the glass.... I use this...a bubble level is not going to get you exact as recommended. There is apps for your phone as well

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Q2WN6XJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00

2 weeks later
#11687 2 years ago

Did you get your raptor out?

#11693 2 years ago

How hard was it? Mine will not straighten up at all... need to get with Stern for a replacement...

#11695 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Mine's got the gangsta lean as well but I think I'm just going to leave it until I replace it with the Niro raptor mod instead of messing with it now.

I am guessing you mean Lior... is this really happening..?? I hope so.... have signs and Trex....

#11704 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Original code is better, this game is very intentional and cohesive…

A small minority..

1 week later
#11748 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Has anyone put a premium T-Rex in a pro ?
I have an assembly, wondering if it’s possible ?

Based on the assembly I would say no... but...anything is possible...

#11767 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Fair enough that's your opinion. But I still see it as being a good selling point, any buyer who doesn't like the protector can cut it out in 2mins and the playfield underneath will be like brand new. I can't imagine why any buyer of a secondhand pinball would not be happy about that.

I had one installed on my Batman 66 right after purchase... thinking about removing it... how would you cut it out..???

1 week later
#11820 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Joined the club yesterday with a pro from my local distributor. So stoked on my first Elwin pin. The layout is so much different than the other games in my collection, and I’m guessing it will be a hit with guests who come over.
Sorry to be one of those people. But… there are a lot of pages in this thread and it would be impossible to read them all. Would someone be so kind as to fill me in on any pro owner issues I should address, or is this game pretty bulletproof? Any must have mods??? It does seem like a darker game than my others (not in theme, literally, it’s dark). Just embrace that, or are there any lights that are recommended to add?

\

I added Pinstadiums to my Prem.... I really like them

https://pinstadium.com/

Here is the rule sheet

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#11823 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Thank you for the rule sheet, very helpful.
Am I the only one who reads one of those and is completely overwhelmed? For me when I get a new game I like to play it for a while and see if I can get a feel for what it’s trying to tell me to do. Then I will read the rules and try to get a better understanding. It really does seem to require a few months of playing before really getting a grasp on a new game. This one does seem to be pretty deep though!
So far my games have been kinda pathetic, I’m lucky to break 100 million. I imagine it will be like Led Zeppelin though, at first I rarely broke 100 million and now a decent game is at least 400 million.

Same here! I sit down and start trying to digest it all....and give up......lol

#11829 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Thats too bad. AIQ probably has the best ruleset of any machine I've ever played. not to mention its the best shooting pin I've ever played. Everyone who comes over to play it has a blast (even with minimal knowledge of the rules/code)

Has not cracked the top 10 yet.... I had one on order and swapped for Jurrasic P...

#11832 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Honestly all of Elwin's games are masterpieces IMO, you can't go wrong with any of them.
I could care less what the Pinside top games are. I go out and play games to choose which ones I buy. I find this is the best way to choose my next purchase.

I sure wished I could play before I buy.... we have next to no pinballs here...

1 week later
#11911 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

...that rattle at the middle of the trex ramp is fucking aggravating.

Huh???

#11914 2 years ago

Have not noticed.... will check....

1 week later
#11974 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So after I sold my JP, I ended up with a few extra mod bits that I never got around to installing. I've got the proper 1:43 Jada Jeep and also the blue Matchbox helicopter. I'll sell them both for my cost plus shipping to you.
Jeep is $35+Shipping and the Helicopter is $50+shipping. These were VERY hard to come by this late in the JP Mod game!

ebay.com link: itm

#11988 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You realize you linked a "sold" posting right? Someone got a good deal. And like I said, I had to pay $30 for mine, and I felt lucky at that price!

It was not sold when I linked it....

#12039 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup, its been confirmed by ZMeny on his podcast that all JP's (pro+premium) will be pushed out to 2022 and will take a +$700 price increase (pro) and a + $1200 increase (premium)

Glad I bought when I did....thats BS

#12056 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did you go with the thin bands or regular on flippers? I highly recommend Titan thin bands only which give more control and are significantly less bouncy.

Can you share which ones you ordered?

Flipper Ring-Low Bounce Standard?

#12059 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, the low bounce standards are their thinner bands - all I use on my pins and the difference is very noticeable.
FYI, I have a prebuilt kit for JP on Pinside for those interested.

How do I find that kit?

1 week later
#12178 2 years ago

The reason the amber shooter rod with LEDs from Stern is so amazing, is it is integrated into the software. The LEDs do different things depending on the mode and situation. They blink, pulse, dim, all by themselves.
Get the Stern original with the lighted plate and never look back!

Is this one the same as the Stern one..?

#12182 2 years ago

The MODfather shooter rod is JUST the shooter rod. It's great, but the lighted plate is not included. The STERN original shooter rod 'kit' comes with the lighted LEDs mounted in the plate and the cables to connect to the cabinet node board. The LEDs are interactive to the software. A year ago, I bought the MODfather rod, and then modified a stock plate to add the LEDs. I posted details on how to do that if you wish. It's alot of work but if you are handy, and can't buy a STERN original due to availability, it yields the same results.

Thanks! I bought the Stern and love it. I was wondering because of the price difference....

Because its so beefy I wonder if a stronger spring would be in order.....

1 week later
#12252 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Stern released updated code today!!

Am guessing this will brick the movie code..??

#12256 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You have to have the IC system installed

You cant even buy it can you?

#12262 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Operators are getting their kits next month I believe. Home users will start receiving their kits in Q1 2022.
You can preorder the IC kits right now.

Where can you preorder....not seeing it on the Stern site..?

#12283 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

U
On a sep note, anyone have a good tutorial video for this game? I still feel like after all this time, I still don’t understand everything.

Same here....I have tried to go through the "rules sheet" but get lost......

#12287 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If you think this ruleset is complex, you should check out the AIQ ruleset LOL

I just scanned it......HOLY CRAP

#12302 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Also reduce the sling power can help with the frenetic back and forth that is so dangerous.

This is great idea....will try

#12313 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone replace the stock raptor on the premium LE? Looking for a better version

I think Lior was thinking of doing one.....not sure how that is panning out...

#12327 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thx! I read through those and worked with the 3 adjustments, But no matter what i do he slams his face into the fence and the motor goes click click click. I should probably call Stern

Original Trex or upgrade? Have you removed him for any reason??

#12341 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I removed it today to install the Lior T-Rex I removed again to inspect when I started having issues but it all seems to be assembled correctly. What am I missing?

I had almost the exact same issue... I removed my Lior one to install a couple of screws that fell out of the lower jaw...when I reinstalled it did just what yours is doing...and any adjustment I made would not stay...

I reinstalled the original and set all settings to default and its perfect. I think what I had going on is the wiring bundle was not routed correctly and was binding on my reinstall of the Lior head...

I plan to go back and install the Lior one being careful but not right now..... I want to paly some first.... LOL

#12342 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I wanted it to still articulate, so after looking at several other models I decided I wasn't going to be able to make them work and went the painting route.

Lior is planning a raptor....just not for a while....

1 week later
#12371 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah it makes it easily every time.

Well there you go... that 3rd screw or alignment is the issue.... mine does fine with the orange spring....

#12376 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I personally love my PinStadiums

Ditto

#12387 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

If you do get Titan rubbers, be sure to get the low bounce ones for all 3 flippers instead of standard. I had the standard at first and was getting really bad ball hop on the upper flipper but the low bounce ones solved that!

Agree!! They take a little getting used to.... but much improved on all 3 my games now

#12395 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Is my too bat lined up properly? I wasn’t aware of the pinholes on the play field used for alignment. The bottom bats are basically dead center with the pin hole however the top one is off by quite a bit and I noticed that it’s not in line with the post at all. It came this way from Stern though so I wasn’t sure.
I’m going to be putting LED bats in shortly and want to be sure I put it back how it’s uploaded to actually be.
You can see in the second pic the pinhole is the little dark circle to the left of the front of the bat, almost lined up with the top of it.

Not sure about correctness....but that is right where mine is...

#12418 2 years ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

I’ll be picking up a JP Pro for my first home pin next week. I didn’t see anything discussed on the JP forum but has anyone upgraded the speaker system and if so, what do you recommend? I was looking at the Pinwoofer system. Thanks.

Search function is your friend....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-thumbs-up-for-the-pinwoofer-amp-and-speaker-kit

#12448 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Got my red spring today and installed it in the amber shooting rod and it's night/day difference. It is almost TOO fast lol but I like how little effort is now needed and will be more fun for my son and nephews now.
Original orange spring
Red spring

Where did you get your red spring?

#12450 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Got it from eBay because it was much cheaper shipped than getting it from one of the main stores.
That was the exact one I purchased.

Thanks! Ordered. Does not list Stern...but appears to work fine for you!

#12452 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah that part number is the same part number listed on the pinball life page, which states they can be used in Stern (and other) machines too.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-inner-spring-red.html

Perfect! $5.34 with shipping!!

#12485 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

And it goes up from there:
P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax amazon.com link »

I use this on my show cars..... maybe do one pin and see....

https://www.griotsgarage.com/premium-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounces/

#12517 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I got this today and this wax is much harder than the paste wax stuff I've used before.
Any videos of how to use this harder type of wax when waxing a playfield? I don't have any experience waxing a playfield and only waxed a car once in my life lol, so total noob to this. I have no clue like how much to use and/or how exactly to scoop it out of the can.

Dont "scoop" it out....lighty rub your applicator pad on it and lightly wax the playfield.... if you can see it..you used too much....

#12521 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It's super simple. Just use a microfiber or other similar cloth that you'd use to clean the playfield. Rub the cloth hard in small circles into the wax to get some wax on the cloth, then just like Karate Kid do wax on by rubbing the wax from the cloth onto the playfield in small circles.
You have to repeat that cycle a bunch of times because not too much wax gets on the cloth each time you do it. Keep doing until you see that you've covered everywhere on the playfield with a thin film of wax. Then just let it sit for about 45 minutes to an hour for the wax to dry. After that, use a clean cloth to wipe off all the wax film and you're done. It should wipe off very easily after it's dried. It's really easy to do.

Perfect... I would say you really just barely need to see a haze before buffing but that me... coming from the show car world.. probably different

#12536 2 years ago
Quoted from ykcor1138:

Looks killer! Thanks again! Will be getting these soon.

Are they available?

#12541 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

And for those that have installed the cliffy’s for the ramps I’m guessing I remove the old flap peel only the section that says peel and install?
[quoted image]

Peel all of it

1 week later
#12646 2 years ago

LOL... Lots of threads about this, but in a nutshell, the Shaker is a must, universally agreed upon due to the software integration. The rest is a matter of taste. Lit shooter rod is highly desireable, again because it is integrated into the software. Sideblades come in many variants, I like the WizBlades best since it matches the color palette of the backboard very well. The flourescent protectors on the lower slings and lanes adds a bit of punch too. I like the lit flipper buttons from PBL, but I chose the yellow translucent plastic and yellow LED kit. I think some great apron cards are a simple add, and you could consider one of the raptor pit fence systems. Mr_Tantrum has a nice lockbar application the says "When dinosaurs ruled the earth" which is pretty nice. You could consider sound upgrade with a simple Boss CXX8 woofer, or go a little farther and add some Kicker 4" 2-way speakers in the backbox too.

A few well placed palm tress are nice....

#12658 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yep. I had that same issue with weak plunges that barely ever made it up to the helicopter. I made a lot of posts in here.
Long story short, I bought this stronger spring.
Here is the before/after.

Ditto! Red spring fixed mine too Mine has the same gap between plunger and ball if that helps

#12663 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

When there is that much of a gap, there is something wrong. Either the auto plunger is too far forward or you have an extra washer or two on the outside portion of the shooter? My plunger came with a new housing, but I think the only difference there is the extra holes and LEDs. If all else fails, a stronger spring will do it.

It sounds like that gap is normal.... My Stern amber rod came with a green spring... same as original.. This rod is much heavier etc. Red spring resolved it. it should come with a red spring.....

#12665 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No red spring needed on the one I have. Aftermarket shooter rod too. No issues.

The gap he shows is the same on all 3 of my NIB Sterns... Jurassic. Batman and Munsters. The red spring was a easy fix...5 min.. and has seemed to work with others... Beats trouble shooting other issues etc... IMHO....

#12668 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Mine either but you have to install the new plate exactly where the old one was (via the painters tape method) or run the risk that the alignment is off and it not shooting correctly.

I did that... painters tape. and it would make the loop.... barely.. 75% of the time... now its 100%... so worth the $5 to me

#12669 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

My amber shooter came with an orange spring.

Hmm... mine was worn pretty bad... but looked green....

#12681 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

To everyone who responded to this yesterday, thank you. It sounds like the gap is consistent with most peoples, so I will order the red spring.

Post back your results please

#12723 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Yup!! And that is why I threw mine in the Garbage & have been happily ever after since then

Ditto. Cliffys and move on

#12741 2 years ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

I had installed Lior's sculpted T-Rex head about a month ago. Since then, my T-Rex tends to drop the ball to the left (T-Rex's right, away from the wireform ramp), rather than dropping it onto the wireform ramp that returns to the left flipper. Sometimes she just holds onto it for a moment and then released it back onto the left ramp (where she catches it). Everything worked perfectly, prior to installing the T-Rex and I'm wondering if I just bumped something out of place, during the install. I must say that both my wife and I really love LIOR's sculpted head, as it is a beautiful enhancement to the game.
Does anyone know where in the adjustment menu settings that I can try to fix this. I found some adjustment settings at the very end of the adjustment menu, but am uncertain which ones I should try and whether to go up or down in number. It talks about ticks but not sure what they mean by ticks.
If all else fails, we may end up removing the LIOR head, which would be a real shame as we really like it.
As mentioned, everything worked perfect prior to install.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

I also had issues post my install of LIOR head... it seemed to be off....would not line up for a catch.... and would not home to the same position every time. I am sure it was self inflicted. I removed and installed original head and it has been fine... will reinstall here soon and see what happens.... but just playing now...

#12746 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Hey guys... was thinking of adding trees; but not too sure about what to use for a base? I stumbled upon these trees I just want to add six to 8 trees. amazon.com link »

Here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/140#post-5863800

#12795 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have the Stern art blades on my JP Prem, but I really prefer the art blades from Tilt Graphics.
How difficult is it to remove existing art blades in favor of replacing them with an alternate set? Will damage to the wood result from removing the old blades?

I asked my exact question... I have the Stern ones as well... blah,.......

#12813 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's tough to get a good pic of how they look in person. These look kinda dark, but best I could get .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that Metallica....on JP...? hard to see

#12817 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Metallica is the next game over

I see it now... duh

#12845 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

no way ! and i see absolutly no cheat in the video (the first few seconds), this is simply easy skill while just playing pinball... again, the tilt bob is the only judge
not sure who is ABE (his real name i mean), and surelly he must also be a tournament player, than i didnt understand him here

Amateur's question...in a competition ...if you slide the machine...is that ok...

#12872 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

The problem with Stern sending a new PF is that 90% can't install so as a buyer it's a moot point. Eventually someone in the future will have that headache. So really unless you go through the aggravation of re-populating PF or it doesn't serve well when trying to re-sell value IMO. I do agree these are expensive toys & in a perfect world they would have no defects; but unfortunately there is some risk associated with purchasing NIB.

Repopulating a blank playfield oh boy.... I would screw it up SO BAD

1 week later
#13006 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

Save yourself some money on the Pteronadon. I bought this from Amazon drilled a hole in its behind and used a piece of stiff wire like an old coat hanger and it worked great.
amazon.com link »

This!

#13037 2 years ago
Pet (resized).jpgPet (resized).jpg
#13053 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I have the little rubber dots on mine that give them a 3D effect. Surprisingly it makes them a lot easier to see. Same dots everyone uses to keep balls from getting stuck. And the are cheap too.

Lior makes a nice set

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-jurassic-park-hand-sculpted-lit-signs-set-of-five/

#13056 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Wow that is awesome. Just not $250 awesome lol.

Check his Trex head....

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-pinball-jurassic-park-sculpted-t-rex-head-by-the-art-of-pinball/

And I have them both..... lol

#13067 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

I'm thinking about making a series of posts here going super in depth on each of the tiers of paddocks and which one is better overall or better for certain playstyles. And for the middle path ones, whether they are worth going for and their scoring potential. Glass off testing and numbers will be used to determine. Would people be interested in something like this before I actually make the first one, Gallimimus vs Brachiosaurus (1st paddock)? haha

Yes I would

#13079 2 years ago

OH JEEZ..... thanks.... right when I was going to order the blue Retro blades....

#13135 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Those look awesome. Any videos or pics of them in a game? Would love to see how it looks.

anyone paired these with PinStadiums..? looks like it would be too much...

#13144 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I’m a stock code guy. I think the movie code is a hot mess. ADD. Some great sounds and music in the movie code but it’s just too much for me.
Stock music and sounds are sooooo well done to me. And Nedry is the perfect touch. Have the other sd card in the coin door and try it occasionally and always come to the same conclusion.

I have been playing movie code really from day 1. Like maybe 2 games with stock code. I love it. Just a little tired of seeing Grant rip his glasses off... LOL

1 week later
#13262 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah they have already said it's the last one.
Until they reboot it in 5 years or so.

Nope....not the last one...

https://www.darkhorizons.com/dominion-wont-be-the-last-jurassic/

#13296 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Tier 1.5 Paddock Analysis: Dilophosaurus (Spitter)
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback on the tier 1 paddock analysis, I really appreciate it! Today I'm back and will be discussing the first of the optional middle paddocks, the Dilophosaurus, aka the spitter! I will be getting information from the tilt forums rule sheet, that can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644, as well as glass off testing done by me. Refer to the Final Result on the bottom for those who don't want the specifics.
Information and analysis
The Dilophosaurus is the first of the optional center path super predator dinos, available after either of the first paddocks. The Dilophosaurus requires 2 rescues to light the set trap targets out of the 7 available, in which both light and either can be hit to qualify the trap. Unlike the first paddocks, you must now hit the heli pad ramp after setting the trap in order to fuel the helicopter and ready the dino for capture. The Dilophosaurus has medium aggression, moving to a new space about every 15 seconds. It's special ability is to stun staff members once he moves within one shot of them, lighting their rescue light solid and making them unable to be saved for 5 seconds. Once captured you are awarded with a 5 million point bounty, +3x amber bonus, +1x bonus multiplier, and the perk of +2x super spinner for the rest of the game. To understand how useful this perk is, it's helpful to know how the scoring for the spinner works in the first place:
The spinner scored 30k points per spin as the base value, and you will receive this for every spin of the spinner. Under the spinner there are 4 inserts with differing values on them, and each corresponds to one of the ramps in the game. The 15k value light corresponds to the left T-Rex ramp, the 30k value light corresponds to the far right heli pad halfpipe ramp, the 50k value light corresponds to the right Pteranodon ramp, and the 100k value light corresponds to the raptor tower side ramp. Hitting any of these ramps during gameplay will light the corresponding insert under the spinner. When the spinner is hit, the value of each of the lit inserts will be added to the base 30k spinner value per spin. After the spinner stops, any lit inserts under the spinner unlight and must be relit by hitting the ramps. A fully lit spinner is worth 225k per spin (30k base value + 15k T-Rex ramp insert + 30k Heli Pad ramp insert + 50k Pteranodon ramp insert value + 100k Raptor Tower ramp insert).
As you can see, a fully lit spinner can be worth a good chunk of points, almost a quarter million per spin, but it can be hard to fully light the spinner at times since the spinner value resets to the base value with each shot to it. Also something I've noticed that can make it hard to light the 100k light is that if you make a clean shot to the spinner, followed by the raptor tower ramp while the spinner is still spinning, the 100k light will go on during the spin, and then once it stops it will unlight alongside the other lights. This can make it hard to get the 100k light at times. On the other hand, one of the possible supply drop awards is to immediately max the spinner value, so that can help with getting good values ready.
The super spinner will be lit at the right inlane after a certain amount of rescues are made, and the truck is facing right. Rolling over the lit inlane will make the red "Spitter" insert under the spinner blink to indicate that super spinner is running. While super spinner is going, the spinner is multiplied by your current Bonus X + 1x. This means with no Bonus X (1x), the spinner is doubled. But with 2x bonus, the spinner will be worth 3x (2x Bonus X + 1x that super spinner always gives). Now what the Dilophosaurus perk does is add an additional +2x to the multiplier during super spinner. It does NOT simply double the super spinner value. This means that with a 2x bonus multiplier and the the Dilophosaurus spinner would be worth 5x the regular spinner value (+2x from Bonus X, +1x that super spinner always gives, +2x from the Dilophosaurus perk). This behavior means that we can calculate the Dilophosaurus perk will give at minimum an extra 60k points per spin during super spinner, and at maximum an extra 450k per spin. Here are a few scoring scenarios for the Dilophosaurus perk:
keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk multipliers itself, not the total points you would have received by ripping the spinner. Keep in mind these values can obviously vary based on factors like flipper strength, playfield cleanliness, and spinner tweaking. For the isolated scoring tests I will make 3 separate clean shots to the super spinner with the Dilophosaurus perk from a trap on the right flipper, hence the 3 values for each.

Fully lit super spinner rip: 9 million | 7.2 million | 10.3 million
Half lit super spinner rip: 4 million | 5 million | 5.4 million
Unlit super spinner rip: 700k | 1.2 million | 400k
Low end scoring game for super spinner (2 super spinner rips, one half value, one min value): ~6.6 million
Lower mid scoring for super spinner (3 super spinner rips, one full value, one half value, one min value): ~17 million
Higher mid scoring for super spinner (4 super spinner rips, two full value, one half value, one low value): ~27.3 million
Higher end scoring for super spinner (5 super spinner rips, three full value, two half value): ~41.7 million

Conclusion
Based on the numbers above, the Dilophosaurus perk seems pretty lackluster, escpecially when compared to the scoring potential of the paddock 1 dinos and the benefits you can earn from future paddocks. In a great game where you're scoring over a billion, this small boost of 30 million points or so is quite negligible, considering it takes many shots to capture the Dilophosaurus, risking draining during the time to capture it. The perk is so underwhelming that you are almost more incentivized to get the Dilophosaurus simply for the bonus X and extra points at visitors center for the number of dinos you have captured. It is worth noting that the Ankylosaurus paddock (tier 2 on right side) gives you easier inlanes, making them light in fewer rescue shots, so you will be able to get more super spinner shots throughout your game. This could be a decent synergy and something else to keep in mind if you do decide to get the Dilophosaurus. Although even in this case, the scoring is pretty weak. Also these scores are not counting 2x playfield, but even with that you will be getting like 100mil extra points total on a great game which is actually decently substantial, but that requires to stack double playfield with super spinner every time and have good rips on it that are well lit up, so I wouldn't exactly say this is a reliable strategy, but it's a boost to the crummy points.
Final Result
The Dilophosaurus perk is quite weak overall and isn't worth going for unless you specifically want all the dinos on the way to visitors center or are confident you sill still make it there and get the extra points for having another dino.

Sorry for taking a while on this one! I had it almost finished like a week and a half ago but the draft was lost and I had to start over. Let me know again if there is anything I missed or you would like to know. Until next time!

Thanks again! Lots of questioned answered. Will be waiting for future write ups!!

#13305 2 years ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Wow.
I completely disagree. The guy put hard work into offering a mathematical and scientific approach… to a mathematical and scientific game… and you decided to take a unnecessary dump on it.
Thanks for showing up.

Totally agree! If you don't have anything nice to say..... Don't think anyone asked for reviews...

#13307 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Powerbladez installed, pretty friggin nice

They look nice! I think it would set off a epileptic seizure for me..... lol

2 weeks later
#13406 2 years ago
Quoted from Itglows:

No I mean the right ramp. The right orbit is definitely a hard shot too. But I don't know that right ramps feel so inconsistent. There's not many shots that feel that inconsistent with as much practice as I've had with it. I'm not even that worried about my consistency with the upper flippers yet. I would just like to get some better consistency with the lower ones at this point first. It's not my machine so I don't know. Maybe the pitch is different than what is recommended that might be making it even harder than it would be otherwise. I'm kind of wondering if this is the right machine for me. I mean I know it's hard, I'm just wondering how much of that is settings and how much is just my lack of skill

I agree!! The left ramp....the Trex ramp... I can hit fairly consistently... the left ramp.... if I hit it I want to do a dance!!! LOL the other 2 far left and far right.... just lucky to hit them as well....

1 week later
#13473 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Hello all,
2 questions which likely have already been addressed, if anyone could answer or point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.
Im troubleshooting 2 issues.
1) the shooter rod spring seemed really weak. One has to perfectly fully plunge just to get it around the helicopter turn around bend. Ive replaced it with a regular spring but is now too powerful. Does anyone have any spring replacement recommendations?
2) If you short plunge the ball always catches on the upper runnber ring underneath the helicopter plastic. This makes it impossible to short plunge as it always feeds the ball to the sling shot. I recently saw a Bull and Balls tourney stream where this wasnt the case and the ball smoothly fed to the flipper. Is there a solution that doesnt involve just taking the rubber off, leaving the post unprotected?
Thank you,
Jared

Red shooter spring

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-2

#13483 2 years ago

double post

#13485 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same..have red in all 3 of my Sterns....

1 week later
#13505 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Any word on how long JP is going to be produced for? Thinking about ordering one but I’m wondering if I need to hurry my @$$ up haha

If your still thinking about....I think your too late.....

4 weeks later
#13622 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Necessary? Of course not. However, if you look at any modern aged pin (i.e. DMD era and later) or those before with faster ball play you will see common chewed up areas. Typically these are places where ball come into contact with edges of wood (e.g. saucers, lane eject, scoops, etc.) and/or where consistent impacts are made. A steel ball with momentum is hitting the corners of the wood time after time after time, and the wood will eventually give/deform in those areas.
Might you play your pin hundreds of times and nothing ever happens? Sure. However, I've also heard of new pins with just a few plays showing impact wear and/or even denting/chipping. Remember the playfield is just a piece of laminated wood with hidden weaknesses and flaws.
Cliffy's are insurance/protection against unwanted potential damage, so obviously a personal choice. Do you plan on ever selling this pin? If so, how do you think the value would be diminished with damage that Cliffy's would have protected? Do you plan on keeping your pin forever? How will you ever stop yourself from seeing the damage every time you play that could have been prevented?
Either way, I personally install Cliffy protectors on all of my pins, as I deem the expense worth it for the long-term value of my games.

Cliffys went on my 3 NIB Sterns before the 1st ball was played...

#13626 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Has anyone powder coated the shooter rod housing with the lighted amber mod?
Looking for any advice on how to remove the wiring. It looks like the tiny led's may be superglued.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing I would mess with.... its hardly noticeable.

#13672 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Don’t go over to the Godzilla thread then lol. Full grown men are putting more toys into these things than my 3 year old has in her toy box.

LOL!!!

#13721 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Or buy the tool I posted earlier and do it properly without damaging the molex connector and terminal.
Come on people. Spent 10g on a pinball machine and we can’t spend $10 on a tool…
Geee

The link you posted shows that tool at $32....before shipping...?

2 weeks later
#13906 1 year ago

Same. Same part number........502-5027-01

#13923 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

JP is officially incoming week after next! I’m stoked and wondering how folks feel about Cliffy’s for this title? Necessary? Not necessary?
Time to start reading up on adjustments, rules and strategies

I have put Cliffys on all 3 of my sterns... not sure necessary..... cheap insurance.....

#13931 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Firm cutoff at noon central tomorrow if you are interested in purchases my sling dino eye mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/279#post-6945617
If you've not already PM'd me regarding your interest, please do so as soon as possible.

Really nice mod....easy install!!

#13933 1 year ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Wow
Lowered the flipper power to 218 and what a better experience from the factory settings I can actually make clean shots and the game is so much more under control. I played it at the factory a few years ago and really liked it, fast forward to this year and I got myself a loaded premium and it was a clunk fest. Now it's like I remembered, what a difference. Just wanted to share if your having trouble getting clean shots this may help it totally changed the game for the better in my case.

is that 218 on all 3? Mine is still at default... all 3 are different....

#13970 1 year ago
Quoted from EStroh:

The links are working for me...

never mind

#14005 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Well, dealer offered phone support but nobody is coming out to fix it. Stern is email only, no phone support. I'll try emailing them. Dealer said that will likely send parts and I can try to install them. So basically for $10 grand I got a project pinball machine. Hell I don't even own a soldering iron.

I hear you.... I have 3 NIB Sterns and have been lucky.... a few parts were sent to me to install.... but damn..... for for the price....

#14094 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

So I replaced the optos for right orbit and it is still not working.
If i go into switch test, it is 50/50 whether it registers ball/finger moving by or stationary in front of it, during gameplay it almost never registers it, any thoughts on what to check? I figured it was a bad opto but i guess it is something else.
Edited - Ok, nevermind, double checked all connections, removed bracket, put back in, tightened it all back up again and it seems to be working again... hopefully it continues to

I still have the occasional miss on the Trex ramp... Stern sent me replacement optos but have not installed yet... very intermittent..

#14149 1 year ago

What are folks using for flipper settings? I just went to 218 on all 3.. have only played 2 games since...but I seem to be able to hit a few shots a lot easier....

1 week later
#14223 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

I changed the post's and rubbers, at both out-lanes up to the next size. It helped, but still a bitch.
[quoted image]

I saw someone on Munster's actually drill holes closer....

#14258 1 year ago

Looks great! liorillusion does AMAZING work.

Waiting for what he does with the raptor!!

#14298 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

JP side armor for sale. Brand new in the package.
Not cheap as it was difficult and expensive to come by -just giving a preemptive warning.
If you would like to investigate message me.
I will donate to Pinside if I sell on here.
Also willing to trade for a playfield. [quoted image]

Just post them in Marketplace with a price....

#14302 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Post in the market place...not sure why u posted no information....I heard stern is doing another run of these by the way

Wants stupid money.... maybe someone will be dumb enough

#14313 1 year ago

What I figured.... stupid money..

#14314 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What I figured.... stupid money..

They were $250...and will be again...

#14335 1 year ago

"asking to get paid appropriately for the demand of a product I have"

Thats funny......

#14373 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I installed the Precision Pinball Aluminum Flippers on my JP Premium over the weekend. I saw these and I loved the look -I really appreciate precision-crafted mods so I figured I’d give them a try. TLDR summary - these rock!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
They really simplify installation and adjustment of the flippers very much. You don’t have to line up the flipper with the hole when installing. Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten. The fine tuning adjustments are made from the top after the shaft is tight in the assembly. I had to adjust the upper flipper slightly after play testing and it was simple. No need to raise the playfield at all. And they play just like the regular flippers. I really love the precision look of the machined aluminium in my pin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Free Play card is just wrong...... LOL

#14392 1 year ago

There is a list of personal preferences discussed a bunch of times in both of the JP pinside conference threads. The angle of the playfield and the adjustment of the upper flipper are two very common discussions. Two other common preference discussions revolve around the alignment of the two main flippers with regards to the alignment dots, and the power setting of the slings.
At the end of the day, every owner can do what they like in their machine. I like my machine at 6.5 degrees, the upper flipper sagging a bit, the lower flippers aligned to the dots and the sling power settings down to 225 or so. I also have it set to 5 balls and 3 tilt warnings, but that's just me...

Question on Sling setting. I checked mine and installed is 25.... not 200 + ??

#14394 1 year ago

You are correct. I meant 25, not 225.

So do leave it at default...?

#14404 1 year ago

Whats the cost to get that done?

#14407 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Is there a way in the settings of a Prem to disable to T-Rex? I played around with some of the adjustments thinking it would do the trick and it would not.

why would you do that...?

#14467 1 year ago

Have had mine for over a year...if gets played a lot... no issues....

#14468 1 year ago

Have had mine for over a year...if gets played a lot... no issues....

#14483 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Best I can get at the moment but literally it’s just enough to hold the fork of the flap down.

Cliffys carbon fiber style works well... along with the other protectors...

#14493 1 year ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

Ok… I made an adjustment and now my t-Rex is off center on the left ramp and won’t collect my ball! What did I do and how do I fix it?!?!?!

What adjustment did you make??

#14509 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Can you explain or point me to the post about the washer fix? I have a full set of Cliffy's on the way for my Premium. Those carbon fiber pieces will solve the screw problem but I'm curious about the washer fix.
Thanks

The washer fix I think is for the post by the 3rd flipper....

1 week later
#14654 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The PPP flippers have been available less than a month. Once word gets out of how much an improvement in play they offer, I’m guessing they’ll be a run on these. I talked with John (the owner) when I did my second order for the rest of my games. He’s getting a couple of new colors, including green and purple. For what they offer, the price is insanely low. I did a pretty careful inspection of the parts in my second order. Of the 15 shafts I received, each measured precisely 0.250 inches. To 3 places, no variance. Just look at that part. Solid stainless steel (the conical section isn’t welded, its machined from billet) then centerless ground. Just gorgeous parts in this system.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How hard is the install?

#14666 1 year ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Eh, I’ve played games with metal flippers before, and I can’t say I think they are an upgrade. They change the feel of the game too much. I also don’t find it hard to replace or align flippers. YMMV

I am on the fence.... sure you can mod how the flippers work etc... but that's not how the game was designed... Have seen folks drill holes in the playfield to help with drains too..... would rather practice and learn the game as built just me.... and my game....

#14681 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Half sold already.

Sold out....

#14714 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Answered my own question. Just got my Cliffy's today and removed the metal flaps. I didn't realize that the ramps were level with the playfield and that the flaps will indeed overlap.

A perfect fit and big improvement....

Quoted from sidesmack40:

My left ramp occasionally doesn’t register my shot. Frustrating really messes your game plan up. I’d say 20% of the time it doesn’t register. Seems mainly on skill shot weird.

Are you sure its a qualified skill shot? Any score will kill it...

1 week later
#14799 1 year ago

Any reason to update to new code if you dont have IC?

2 weeks later
#14858 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Those look really good, where did you find them and how did you install them? Did you drill holes in the plastics and use a screw?
Thank you,

See post #6985

3 weeks later
#14935 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys, anyone has the link for the movie asset version?
Thanks

am sure someone will pop in here.... loser

2 weeks later
#14992 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have any input on this? After playing some over the weekend and getting so many drains directly to the outlane, I am ready to change the posts lol.

Man the majority of my drains are SDTM....... lol

#15015 1 year ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

The video/sound mod is incompatible with 1.07. Only works with 1.05. :/

I think the question was difference between Pro and Prem....and there are a BUNCH

#15032 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I can see how it could be confusing if you are new to the game.
I was already familiar with the game code when I switched to movie code so the shot objectives still made sense.
The only sacrifice for me with the movie code is losing the callouts that create a sense of urgency while rescuing staff in paddock modes.
Movie code is still is worth that sacrifice though.

I think I played one game on real code before I went to movie code... need to swap and try

#15067 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Does he sell the ramps by themself? Or do you need the whole kit if you want any of them?

Would recommend the whole kit.....

#15088 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just FYI, just the 2 carbon ramps from Cliffy ran me $9.75 shipped.

Well worth it!!!

#15121 1 year ago
Quoted from tonycip:

new owner here premium . great game but man the shots are tight , so a little frustrating, question I see a topper on a pro, Dose a topper come with a premium from stern? I didn't get one. Thanks

Toppers dont come with.... 11 games and 1400 posts... and asking that....? oh and stupid expensive....

#15148 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

To be fair, it does make the installation easier and require less tools.

And He his not asking for $$ to be fair....

4 weeks later
#15340 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I have a question that maybe one of you guys can help me out with. I picked up an absolutely loaded JP premium a couple months back in a trade and has every single mod besides the movie code. My question is does anyone know where i can download old stern code, because when i received it, it already had the most recent code and has insider connected (which I don't use). I've emailed the creator of the custom movie code twice, but he still hasn't responded to me and its been a couple months so far. Love the game, but the lack of movie assets rather ruins a dream theme for me.

The movie code is no longer supported or distibuted by the creator.... you may be able to find it from someone....but that was not in the agreement....

#15369 1 year ago

No you dont. 1.05 works with IC

My movie code is 1.03... whats different? I got from originator and "donated"....

#15403 1 year ago

Link not work for me...

#15436 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

AGREED!!! This guy's is becoming the next PINMONK or that Pinstadium dude with the incessant spamming. UGGGH.

Post it in the "Market/ Pinball Mods thread" and leave it....

#15481 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I know this is a TOTAL Hail Mary, but figured I would ask. Had this come sliding down the playfield from the approximate area of the T-Rex ramp. All the other fasteners seem to be silver, so that’s a clue. It’s roughly 3/16” in length. Game seems to be functioning normally. Anyone recognize this fastener or have an idea for where a darker-colored fastener may have originated? Game is a Premium. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Trex bottom jaw? There are 3 screws...famous for coming loose

1 week later
#15561 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

What size piano wire are people using and where are you buying it?

2 pages back

#15573 1 year ago

The movement and ball capture may pose a issue.... not sure though

1 week later
#15649 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

This has got to be the hardest modern stern game. 5 major shots, four of them really hard.
Today I accept Ill never visit the visitor's center. Actually I probably wouldn't have any way.....

Keep trying.... I am not there yet.... but geting closer....

#15651 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Ur considering the ramp shots, really hard?

Left one...trex for me is fairly easy... right one I suck at

#15653 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m a new pinball player and was wondering if this game might be too hard for me ?
Is it good for newbies or better leave it for the more experienced
I just got a Godzilla and it’s hard for me I heard JP is harder

Its hard.... but...fun... and will make you a better player for sure...

#15672 1 year ago

Use the alignment dot in PF and confirm that the ball will roll down the flipper bat and hit the post slightly. If you have changed flipper rubber with something thicker or thinner it may require an additional adjustment.

How do you align them?

#15675 1 year ago

I am going to be swapping in the Precision Pinball flipper bats, so it will be easy to align from the top. Regardless of bat type, on JP, I align the top bat to be dead on with the dot, which makes the ball just catch the post when it rolls down and makes it travel to the left. On the bottom bats, I have them sag a TINY bit below the dots as it appears the designer has recommended. With John’s Aluminum Halo bats, it will be easy to adjust these anytime I feel the need.
[quoted image]

Thanks! Whats the alignment procedure? Never mind...post came in whie typing...lol

#15676 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

This is an Allen bolt holding the flipper shaft into the flipper assembly. Just loose that up and you should be able to move the flippers around. you can then adjust the flipper angle to your liking and tighten the bolt back down. Make sure it’s tight so your flipper doesn’t move. Like tighten it almost like you think it’s too tight as long as the Allen wrench is seating properly you shouldn’t really worry about stripping it.

Thanks!

#15678 1 year ago

Mine looks like it is drooping a little more...??

JP (resized).jpegJP (resized).jpeg

#15701 1 year ago

My Trex started acting up this morning.. Went all the way to left and stayed there... moved occasiaonly but never past center...

I powered down and then went into Diag and homed Trex and seems fine now.

Its kinda cold out in my shop.... could that cause it.. hoping I dont have a issue coming up...

#15736 1 year ago

I just updated to 1.07 on my Prem and seeing some odd...or different behavior... I have been running 1.03 "movie code" basically since I purchased the game in May...

On the 1st Trex event...Multiball.... on my old code the multiball would start immediatly. Now it does not start till orginal ball drains... is that normal...???

#15737 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I just updated to 1.07 on my Prem and seeing some odd...or different behavior... I have been running 1.03 "movie code" basically since I purchased the game in May...
On the 1st Trex event...Multiball.... on my old code the multiball would start immediatly. Now it does not start till orginal ball drains... is that normal...???

Update. with 1.07 Trex sits slightly left" also...during a game all of a sudden i get Raptor multil ball.. was not even close.. no ball in the pen etc..

I downloadd 1.07 agiain and reinstlled... same issue..

Pluggled in "movie code" and it seems fine...Trex is now dead center... I have no adjustements on him at all

ideas???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
425 posts in this topic match your search for posts by JMCFAN. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=JMCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.