(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1588 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything regarding accessories and topper for JP?

1 month later
#2346 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything regarding topper yet? Side armour and shooter rods are now available to order but no word on topper yet.

1 week later
#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yet somehow, so were the shots. It's like KE designed a great pin game independent of the theme, too. How he got the theme to fit in to the layout is fantastic.

Pretty sure Keith said on a podcast/interview he knew in advance his game was going to be Jurassic Park, knowing in advance probably helped him great such a cohesive package.

1 week later
#2739 4 years ago

Are those using Stern/Johnny Craps art?

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

My failed idea for a topper. Turned out to be too top heavy with nudging, will likely end up putting this on a shelf just above the backbox instead.
[quoted image]

If Stern’s official topper is anything like that (it must be the gates right?) it would be a must buy!

4 weeks later
#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That clear looks terrible...something definitely wrong there...how did that get by QC??? I'd be sending that back asap

I’m beginning to doubt there is even QC process at Stern.

472107EA-429D-4551-9635-682DE0904541 (resized).jpeg472107EA-429D-4551-9635-682DE0904541 (resized).jpeg
#3244 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just don't get it, i really don't. I am totally afraid to buy right now.

Kinda feel the same who, but to be fair to Stern they just sorted me out again with an issue I had, so far they are 3 for 3 dealing with and sorting issues I’ve had so as much as it’s a gamble when it comes to opening a NIB, I do feel Stern would put me right, but it’s a hell of a gamble each time

#3294 4 years ago

Anyone heard any news about Sterns side rails or topper? Thanks

#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

[quoted image]

Little substance is needed with the photo, is this recent? Route game? Your own pro?

#3369 4 years ago

Just need a topper now with opening gates, something in the same style as BM66 or Munsters topper artwork mixed with layered sculpting.

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

(not sure as not having the game home) because they are the 2 big boss and more dangerous on the map, and when you'll get these 2 you'll play a special versus mode

When you get T-Rex and Spino there’s a vs mode, what between the T-Rex and Spino? That would be amazing!

1 week later
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Thanks guys. Will these from pinball life be a good replacement?[quoted image]

Yes those are perfect.

#3560 4 years ago

How much where LEs stateside on release?

#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Have you guys seen these?
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=jurassic&post_type=product
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Arts all over the place on those, bad photoshop of the jeep too, that jumps straight out at you.

1 week later
#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

After less 90 days and 50 plays on my JP pro with a build date of Aug 22nd. I’ll reach out to Stern tomorrow but first playfield issue with them. I don’t know what to expect.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know you mentioned your build date but does your playfield have art around all posts or the supposed fix with the larger areas without art around the posts?

#3719 4 years ago

I’d be interested to see what people prefer titans or perfectplay.

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I thought I read back a while ago someone was working on a Nedry computer display screen mod that could go right above the escape standup target and near the control room light platform. I was wondering if anyone could design a 3d printed vintage IBM computer that would fit the Sparky Pinball video displays. Any news or ideas?

This one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1076-cztv-mods/01436-jurassic-park-crt-cztv-mod-with-video-and-sound-version-5

3 weeks later
#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

The Modfather sells the trees for 29.99 for a set of 4 trees. $10.99 for 15/20 trees is a pretty good deal.
I did the same to add to the jungle feel but got the same trees as the Modfather sells as I like them and did different placements.[quoted image]

$29.99 for 4 miniature model trees!?

You can pick them up at the pound (dollar) store here in the U.K.

#4176 4 years ago

Any news regarding a topper yet? After BKSOR topper I’m curious to see what Stern come up with!

3 weeks later
#4317 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Think mostly a bad joke. My PF has zero issues.

No it’s not a joke, Stern sent these kits out to customers with various defects in clearcoat over the years.

And lucky you, plenty of people are having issues with their playfields, the old it’s not happened to me the problem doesn’t exist mentality helps no one.

1 week later
#4425 3 years ago

Wow that topper looks disappointing, especially after the BKSOR topper. I was really hoping for the iconic gates as the topper and motorised to open and close.

1 week later
#4529 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay it's done!!
First off let me say I love JP and the designers, coders, and programmers at Stern. They are really talented people.
Thanks to using Pinball Browser, I was able to change (mod) a couple vids and sound I feel needed tweaking for me personally. Not disparaging or trying to take away anything from anyone at Stern or the coders.
I've included a link here for those who own the JP Premium/LE edition to view, download, use on their machines some *.mp4 and *.wav files I feel just kick it up a little bit. (these may work on the PRO - I don't know for sure at the file locations and lengths may vary)
Here's what I did:
Changed the BALL SAVE Audio to have a more pronounced "thunk" and "glass shatter" when the ball it hits the screen in the transition video
Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact HIT video and audio
Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact MISS video and audio
Added an original custom designed SHOOT AGAIN video/audio files to completely replace the factory vid and audio
Please see the readme.txt file in the link below if you decide to use these files.
*NOTES*
Although the videos contain audio, that audio is not the ones the game uses and is disregarded in the video import process via Pinball Browser, you need to import the wav files as well to their proper locations.
Some of the *.wav files have differing or boosted dynamics from their video companion
The included videos are at 1360x768 resolution and 30fps - viewing them in the webbrowser via google may produce 720P or lower results with compression artifacts, for best viewing quality, download them to your computer.
I've tried and tested these on my JP Premium using a backup image file of my Factory SD card - everything works perfectly and the audio levels don't clip.
You may show 1 extra frame importing the videos from the factory but this doesn't affect the function/timing within the game
(Disclaimer - I'm not responsible if you brick your machine...I just had to say that for legalese , but you should be fine)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO ACCESS FILES
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RO_5shtCyWkqc_1cBef7_H48PiIW6SWo?usp=sharing
[quoted image]

Cool! I didn’t realise we could add/replace video and screens using pinball browser, last I knew it was replacing audio only. Nice work!

1 month later
#5218 3 years ago

Unreal! I was in on a TMNT LE but I may cancel that out of principle, can’t moan about stuff like this then chuck down the change to buy an LE, think my NIB days are done!

$14.5 USD for a LE now here in the U.K, but if I want all the modes features there’s another 500+ so the best part of $15k USD, no thanks.

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How long before someone sorts out and releases the code that activates the special mode without the dumb topper? Not only is this basically DLC but you are forced to buy something you might not even like just to get the full game unlock? Stern is making Amiibos now?

This is likely why pinball browser has been locked out, if it was a one off Stern wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of locking out pinball browser.

Whether its a hardware add on like the UV kit or additional code unlocks with toppers this is the new norm moving forward.

#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

There's probably a node board in there and the mode won't fire off without seeing it. Hence the price... can't let any of those $40 node boards out of the building for under $500!

You added a 0 to your $4 node board by mistake....

1 year later
#12699 2 years ago

Okay so just got a JP pro to play, does the action button only light green for super tranq? Does it light for anything else? Thanks

#12701 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Smart missile award selection.

Ah thank you I was trying to work out what it was flashing I think blue during smart middle. Will pay more attention to that thank you.

3 weeks later
#13042 2 years ago

Really enjoying this game now I finally have access to a Pro! What do people recommend as the best replacements for those signs up near the back board? I always seem to totally miss the fact they are lit.

#13066 2 years ago

Thanks for the recommendations guys, might give those mezel fossil plates ago.

Added a plaque for the lockdown button, spino needs enlarging a little and will likely add Super Tranq or something on it so people know what it does.

91EA5C8A-AD4F-4F31-94B1-B2B2AD7569F2 (resized).jpeg91EA5C8A-AD4F-4F31-94B1-B2B2AD7569F2 (resized).jpeg

#13087 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Love the plaque where can one get it

I designed it and had a friend make it, going to make some tweaks too it, like making the spino on the right larger and adding button use so likely add super tranq or Tranquiliser somewhere - might remove the king of the island and put it there.

#13089 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Please DM when design is finalized I'd love one . Thanks.

Will do mate. Just going to see what text looks best, spino looks better bigger and was undersized by mistake so that will change, just going to play with the text as I think having the buttons use is handy especially for non pin heads or first timers playing.

#13098 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone been able to move their outlane posts on JP? I can get the nut off from under the playfield but cant get the post out at all. Any tips or videos? Thanks

Use a deep (hollow) socket, those just go on from the top and swallow the entire post inside the socket shaft makes them a piece of cake!

#13105 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I have tried every deep socket set available, and none are deep enough to get down to it at that size! But if you have one…share the specs please. Ratchet wrench is the way to go.

This is the one I have maybe search for hollow driver? It’s not a new tool in fact it’s years old but the entire neck/stem is hollow up to the part where it inserts into the handle

48250857-91E1-4495-B7A0-41C1B5870FE1 (resized).jpeg48250857-91E1-4495-B7A0-41C1B5870FE1 (resized).jpeg542E1016-2D1C-4EDC-8D46-4FB6B707D717 (resized).jpeg542E1016-2D1C-4EDC-8D46-4FB6B707D717 (resized).jpeg
#13140 2 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi all .
Sorry to interrupt. Just wanted to let folks know that we have the JP PowerBladez back in stock. I get a lot of request for these and the sell out quick. Just wanted to give a heads up.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jurassic-park-pinball-powerbladez
Thanks!
Joe[quoted image]

Is there anyway to stop or turn off the t-Rex and dinos flashing? Love the lighting effect but not big on the dinosaur flashing.

#13150 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Clean my JP and this fell as we lifted the playfield and tested the flippers. Any one knows where it goes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like another coil stop casualty, grab some replacements from pinballlife, some of sterns are a little crap from the factory.

#13184 2 years ago

Are there any barbasol can mods available?

#13187 2 years ago

Thanks I messaged earlier it looks to be the best one available currently. Having the exposed vials is a nice touch, not all that impressed with mezels it looks pretty cheap.

1 week later
#13264 2 years ago

Made this with a mate, new an improved version at the top, removed “king of the island” and replaced it with “super tranquilliser” and enlarged the spino as he was too small on the original.

5F947AFF-91A9-4F58-B85E-4FE50C973F15 (resized).jpeg5F947AFF-91A9-4F58-B85E-4FE50C973F15 (resized).jpeg
#13267 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This looks really great! I've been lowkey looking for an action button plaque.

Happy to take feedback on these, I felt super tranquillisers was the main use for the button so felt that was better than “king of the island” and the larger spino was a must.

If you have any suggestions though would love to hear them, I was thinking of adding select on it somewhere as I have done with my Mando design but didn’t think it was needed.

#13271 2 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

uh, isn't there only one L in tranquilizers...
EDIT: Ooops, 2 for you Brits.

You only spell it with one L? That I did not know. Gotto love Pinside I am always learning lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.