(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Had.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2586 4 years ago

Hello from Melbourne,

I just placed my order for a JP premium which are shipping to Australia in early December. I'm super pumped for this pin as it's my first NIB.

What's the general concensus on the factory balls? I was surprised to hear that others had been replacing theirs as this wasn't something I had considered.
Any other first time NIB tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 month later
#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone had issues with your right flipper since the new code update? It is like my slightly loses hold power now. I checked it out physically and everything seems okay, just get a little drop when the flipper is up and hit by a ball coming downward.
Also, I have had an issue where the GI lights for the lower left side of the playfield have a tendency to go out...I haven't been able to correlate it to any specific instance, and a reboot brings them back every time. Anyone else?

I had the same issue with upper flipper when getting hit and dropping while held.

2 years later
#13076 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Been loving my JP prem for a while now and have started to fine tune my strategy. Here are some things to keep in mind for some of the new guys...
1. Go for the extra balls; I always go for the rescue and T-rex extra balls.
2. Don't use the smart missile when not in a paddock, save it for a bit and you might get an easy capture.
3. Try to focus on relighting the escape, enter the pops from the gate up top, then hit the target to the left of the control room; this is commonly overlooked.
I'm still learning and would be happy to hear other strategies.

I use the same strategy plus always going for the DNA combo extra ball.

My other key strategy is stacking modes and paddocks with multiballs. I avoid hitting the truck for TREX multiball until I'm in a paddock and preferably a more difficult paddock than the first one. TREX is the only main multiball that doesn't allow you to start a paddock after you start the multiball.

Before starting CHAOS and raptor multiball I try to start a TREX mode or a Control Room mode and I try to get a multiball ready before starting the TREX paddock.

#13139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I already checked the switch manually and the wire needs to be moved a fair bit to hear the micro switch click. I will do some testing in "switch test" mode and bang the playfield with my palm to see if the switch registers. Being a micro switch I didn't think it would be nearly as sensitive as a leaf switch with a tight gap.
That ramp is quite solid, I would not have thought that the ball going up the ramp would move it enough to activate the switch at the top. But I might be wrong.

This happens to me occasionally too. I haven't been very successful with fixing it either.

3 weeks later
#13316 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Wow.
I completely disagree. The guy put hard work work into offering a mathematical and scientific approach… to deconstruct the scoring flaws in the game and share said flaws that cannot be unseen.
Thanks for showing up and shaming unpopular opinions like everyone else seems to do in this fucked up world.
Now, when my super spinner is lit after completing that pen, I’m just going to say fuck it. Waste of time and effort and the shot satisfaction is a big lie. No thank you.

Why read posts that are obviously deconstructing the game if you don't want that knowledge?

2 weeks later
#13442 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks! This is helpful. Only question is the right ramp. What exactly is your suggestion there?

Start Pteranodon by hitting the right ramp 4 times then bash the spinner(s) to build the jackpot before collecting on the right ramp during the Pteranodon mode.

Advanced setup includes collecting Fossil set 1 (adds 10x to the Pteranodon multiplier), constantly build the jackpot value before collecting on your last ball with 2x playfield for a huge jackpot.

#13447 2 years ago

When I first saw posts with tree mods I really didn't like them. 22 trees later and it would seem I have changed my mind and turned my pin into a diorama hahaha.

I think they look great when playing the game and make it more of a world under glass.

I am curious if anyone has gone crazier with trees?
20220311_220737 (resized).jpg20220311_220737 (resized).jpg20220311_221018 (resized).jpg20220311_221018 (resized).jpg

#13449 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

how do you fix them ?

I found some clear plastic that was reasonably stiff which ended up being a plastic container from Kmart; cut out various segments, some from templates I made for specific areas, others just small rectangular shapes; drilled and counter-sunk each section to fit a flat-head timber screw to attach the trees; and then slotted them over various fixings inside the machine.

I have spent far too many hours the past week and a half working on these trees.

#13450 2 years ago

repost

1 month later
#13583 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What was Elwin's suggestion for pitch on this game?

It has been discussed that Elwin suggested a pitch of 7 degrees for this game. However, he recently debunked this.

Set it to whatever feels right - typically between 6.5 - 7 degrees.

2 months later
#14569 1 year ago

Mr_Tantrum

Thank you for your post #8114, this has to be one of my favourite JP mods.

I wired mine to the helipad.

Screenshot 2022-07-14 223936 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-07-14 223936 (resized).png
1 week later
#14667 1 year ago

Does anyone know when and why the T-Rex was changed from green to brown? IMO the brown looks pretty sharp compared to my green one and I’m a little envious.

935825A9-369B-4D4A-B2AA-0FD0563EBA5E (resized).jpeg935825A9-369B-4D4A-B2AA-0FD0563EBA5E (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#15004 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Really wanted to add some trees to the playfield so finally after a few hours I have them installed! Really fills in the playfield and looks fantastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Be careful friend. These trees are like Pringles

A953648A-9DEA-469F-839B-9AB94EB7122F (resized).jpegA953648A-9DEA-469F-839B-9AB94EB7122F (resized).jpeg
#15041 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

looks awesome. how many did you snap lol

Only one of the really stiff type. Most of them were super flexible and I could freely bend them and drill into them

#15107 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This happened on my game a few times. The only solution was power cycle the game. Manny65 mentioned that the latest code fixed this and truth be told I haven't had this issue in some time so hopefully that did address it. Only happened 5 or 6 times and seemed totally random.
Regarding the helicopter spinner mine isn't that exciting either maybe one or two spins. Sometimes it won't return to a position where it can be spun by the ball when making the S shot or launching the ball. I removed the blade via the screw and hit the spindle with quick burst of dry silicone spray. Spins a bit better but personally I think it's something with the weights on the blades. Not super satisfying that's for sure.

You can go into the service menu and adjust the gate without having to reset.

#15108 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

So basically I needed to work on turning the jeep enough times to finish out the T-Rex modes and work on the control room modes? I should’ve checked the control room light. I wonder if it was lit because I did get a few jackpots during Tri-ball.

Yes.

#15124 1 year ago

It has been a long grind but I finally started When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth. That mode is epic!

#15128 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Congrats!
Of course, I don't really know what that is, but if it's hella hard to reach, good for you!

Thanks!

SPOILERS below:

It's the final mode in the game and is quite difficult to reach. To start the mode you need to reach and complete the 4 wizard modes (T-Rex, Control Room, Visitor Center and Escape Nublar).

You also get an achievement.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15133 1 year ago

This is how I hit my high score with a single shot. Please keep in mind, my outlanes and tilt are set to easy so don't take this score too seriously.

Pteranodon Attack represents the only way I am aware of to "blow up" JP.

For those that are unaware, the mode is simple, three hits to the Pteranodon ramp (middle right ramp) qualifies the mode and the fourth starts it.
It is a timed frenzy mode which has two components; every 12 switches increases a multiplier and; all switches add 25k to the mode value (which increases +10k for each time you start the mode).
The sum of these is claimed by shooting the Pteranodon ramp while Pteranodon Attack is running.

Despite your mode value (25k/switch) expiring after the mode runs out, the multiplier doesn't (it keeps building) every time you qualify Pteranodon Attack.

The method here is nothing new to many. Start Pteranodon Attack, jam the spinners as much as possible, rinse and repeat, then finally cash in a huge jackpot towards the end of your game after doing virtually nothing else.

Some notes that help maximise scoring:
- Spinners give the most switch hits per shot so only aim for spinners when Pteranodon Attack is running.
- You must finish T-rex mode. This extends all mode timers which is probably the most important thing.
- Pteranodon Attack keeps counting down at all times; during animations, ball holds etc. so avoid these when you’re in or close to starting Pteranodon Attack.
- Get as many extra balls as you can.
- Try and finish fossil set 1 which gives an additional 10x multiplier.
- Don’t worry about finishing things other than T-rex or modes that help you achieve fossil set 1.
- Use every multiball to start Pteranodon mode and smash spinners (don’t forget that any ball that is saved by ball save will activate the Premium helicopter spinner).
- Other than what is listed above, don’t focus on anything other than hitting the ramp to get it started and the spinners to build the value.
- Don’t shoot/flip randomly during Pteranodon Attack as something could accidentally go up the Pteranodon ramp.
- Sometimes you cannot start Pteranodon Attack, such as during wizard modes.

My strategy to claim the jackpot
- Have 2x scoring ready (qualified by hitting the all three 'set the trap' targets and then the main supply drop target).
- Have a multiball ready
- Start Pteranodon Attack.
- Start multiball
- Drain as many balls as possible while continually hitting the central spinner with a single ball (Premium strategy)
- Start 2x playfield
- When 2x playfield and Pteranodon are close to expiring it is time to aim for the Pteranodon ramp.

I'm keen to hear stories of even larger Pteranodon Jackpots or other ways to blow this game up!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15150 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah... But if I made something like this I'd just post it for free on shapeways. I'd put in the effort to have it on my machine, and then let everyone else benefit for free.
If anyone wants a 3d file for a piece to prop up a leaning raptor, let me know.

Yes please that would be great.

#15159 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just talking about a little nub that you can slide onto the plastic to prop up the raptor. I printed it with tpu so it would be soft. If that's something you really want, I'll put it up on shapeways.
It is is a highly accurate design part.
To ensure the function and fit well over 20 prototypes were created. The working time and material costs that went into this model can be imagined.
This adapter has cost me over 100 hours until it works and everything has fited. I have taught me everything and had to practice for 2 years until I was able to make such models.(Maybe i am just a bad designer how knows, try it your self) if i do something, i do it right.
$40 please!
Naw I'm kidding.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can tell how much effort went into this and would be happy to pay the “naw I’m kidding” price.

No matter how much I heat my raptor and try and bend it I can’t get it sitting just right so I would appreciate if you could upload those files up.

Thanks

3 weeks later
#15314 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hey. Where do I see my TRex procession as in what mode(s) I've played, and whats left to play??
Thank you

Spinning the truck after you have all T-REX letter lit will cycle the remaining T-Rex events (after T-Rec multiball). This is a way to see how many are remaining.

#15329 1 year ago

Rare Shots/Combos Cont'd:
Today I did something very odd. I hit the pops target so cleanly and with just the right velocity that the ball was reflected cleanly all the way back to the left flipper. This confused me as there is a gate to stop it from returning. I have to assume that the gate was knocked aside as the ball went through, then swung back down and bounced up/open again at just the right instant for the ball to slip underneath on its return path. It was a crazy. I would describe that as the longest perfect reflection shot I've ever done, on this or any layout. I almost did this a second time (on another day), but in that instance the ball slipped under the gate on the return but didn't come all the way back to the left flipper.
The rarest combo I've pulled off (twice in three weeks of play) is the right orbit to loop combo. I guess I'm a combo addict. I need to check the chart to see what animal is assigned to this particular combo. (Note: this combo is only possible if the up-post stays down after hitting the right orbit.)

Nice shots!

#15375 1 year ago

Right Wireform Return: Ball Bounce at the Ball Drop, Anyone?
An auto-launched ball (or a smartly struck shot to the Helipad) on my JP2 PRO will come to the end of the wireform, directly above the ball drop, and "bounce" off the terminus and back up the wireform six inches or so and then roll back and finally down into the ball drop. This is uncommon, yes? My game is set to 6.7-degrees pitch. This bounce effect doesn't change with variations in pitch or lateral leveling. I would like to adjust this out if I can. I have made zero changes to the geometry of this ramp or the points where it's secured to the playfield.

Nope, that’s not great. I would be taking the wireform off and slightly bending the upper curved section where the ball strikes so that it is above its current height. That will change the forces on impact and should send it it downwards.

#15380 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Pretty sure the wireforms are just stainless steel?

Hi, Had.
Thanks for your input. Your solution did occur to me, but I worried about causing the chrome to flake if I bent any part of the wireform.

I think you should cover your tools or the wireform with fabric to avoid damage

3 weeks later
#15604 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I never use it, just hit the button.

By never short plunging you are missing out on the short plunge skill shots and the benefit of the Dinos not moving before you have hit your first switch. A full plunge always triggers a switch which sets the Dinos free to continue around the playfield.

1 month later
#16021 1 year ago

hot. Shifting the insert could offer a chance for a fun/brief animation and callout, alerting the Rescue, via radio, to hustle away from

Suggestions for Upcoming Gamecode Updates:
I'm going to guess this suggestion has been floated many times, but in case it hasn't...
1. ADD A WAY TO MOVE A RESCUE FROM ITS ORIGINAL POSITION
For example, if the Rescue insert lights on the maddeningly hard right orbit, there should be a way to shift it to a neighboring insert to raise your odds of making the Rescue. I don't know what offhand that would entail, but some sequence of targets or shots would be an invaluable way to spare you making an elusive shot. Shifting the insert could offer a chance for a fun/brief animation and callout, alerting the Rescue, via radio, to hustle away from that spot or be eaten, etc. Yeah, Keith is making you hit that shot because he wants you to earn that bit of progress in the mode, but we can't all shoot like Keith.
Alternatively...
2. ADD A WAY TO EARN A BANKABLE SPOTTED SHOT
If I'm struggling to make the right orbit for a Rescue or to advance through, say, Secure the Control Room, it would be a lifesaver to spot the shot. In EHOH, you can spot a shot that eludes you if you first earn/bank a "Dagger" at the target bank on the left side. On JP, it could be a smart reward to offer at the Supply Drop target, but actually redeeming it would be tricky as the Action Button is often tied up offering you a Super Tranq. Maybe the spotted shot could be redeemed by holding the Action Button down for two full seconds, rather than simply pressing it normally as you would to redeem a Super Tranq.
I'm assuming I speak for a lot of you when I say my success securing the Control Room always hinges on whether or not I can hit the right orbit. I will bang away at that shot for twenty seconds or so and every miss requires a lucky recovery. Eventually my luck always runs out - if I don't actually make the shot - and I drain, ending my chance to complete the mode. Also, on my particular game, I can't backhand the Raptor Pen, so I have no choice but to create much unnecessary risk by plugging away at it from the right flipper. That's another missed-shot-recovery battle that I usually lose. Cashing in a spotted shot at that moment would get me out of trouble.

There are a lot of good suggestions here and I have definitely had similar thoughts. The only downside is that you would then almost never have to shoot the most difficult shot in the game.

3 months later
#16698 10 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I haven’t played my game in a month or so and tonight I had a pretty fun game. I ended up escaping Nublar and beat my GC score. I only finished 2/3 of the mini wiz modes so I didn’t get to see WDRTE but it was definitely a fun game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great score and only one fossil away from thr complete set! That's amazing.

2 months later
#17298 8 months ago

Have you taken the Trex head apart? The wires in there are very tight and might need to be re-soldered. This opto is important for triggering the magnet.

Quoted from lockeness:

My trex magnet has been dead for some time. I had a tech out who tested everything and determined that the issue was on node board 8. So I got a new node board, swapped it, and it still doesn’t work. Head goes down, mouth opens, ball hits magnet and nothing. If I disable the magnet, the opto registers. I’m not sure what else to do here. I opened it up today and try to make sure all connections were secure and saw that there is one exposed terminal in the area near the motor/rex wiring (circled in yellow in the photo). Just want to make sure I am not missing a connection - I see no unconnected wires.
Any suggestions on what I can do would be appreciated.
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#18349 7 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Plenty of people on here stealing IP's from all over and selling them illegitimately...and then there is the guy in poland that people get the pirated backglasses from. I am just SHOCKED that on a public forum that A: the mods let that crap continue and B: Stern doesn't take a page out of Planetary's playbook and just break it clean off in a couple people's asses to set the tone. Amazed at the pirated stuff that sells right out in the open and how OK people are with it.

I am shocked you care. Are you for or against Robin Hood?

6 months later
#21100 40 days ago
Quoted from CincyPinballer:

Huh?! The premium T-Rex is one of the coolest features on a pinball machine.

100% the T-rex is the best

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

13,200 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Had.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Had and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.