(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6886 3 years ago

Pro vs premium. Let’s hear it. I believe the two differences is the T-Rex doesn’t move back and forth, and something about the raptor pit. Can someone elaborate on that difference?

I always felt the premium was the way to go on this title until I read what dontpanicflip had to say about it and I respect his opinion due to his great streams. So wanted to get some more thoughts. Thanks!

#6936 3 years ago

Question. Does Anyone actually like the Topper goat mode? I know it’s probably not worth it and doesn’t add anything to the game. But, is it fun? Or just a waste all in all?

#6942 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Do you think anyone who bought it is going to say no?

Couldn’t the same be said about pinball

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

The new JP show on netflix feels inspired by the pin or vice versa. Check it out if you have kids

Camp Cretaceous! Yea my 7 yo boy was super excited for it. We binge watched it Friday night lol. It was cool, he was entranced. He’ll be stoked when we get a Jurassic park, although he won’t touch a pinball machine...at least not until stern figures out how to implement WiFi so he can buy robux.

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I ordered a JP prem a week ago and the dealer said it would ship in October from Stern. What are the odds that will actually happen?

I also got in on the October run with a distributor. But, as i've learned through many many years of NIB purchasing, nothing is a for sure thing until the game is actually in my hands. Delays do happen; sometimes it's a manufacturing issue, sometimes a supplier issue, sometimes weather, viruses, etc... that cause delays and their build amount isn't what they projected and so people get screwed. Sometimes, a distributor oversold or got a high dollar loyal customer to bump someone out (I don't know if that actually ever happens, curious if it does, but money talks...). All in all, if you have your deposit in and the distributor said your locked in for the October run, then your chances are pretty good. But, shit does happen and it sucks when it does. Especially since there won't be another run of JP's until 2021. Here's to us hopefuls who are 'locked in' - oh and to the pinball gods, mine and my son's birthday is at the end of october, so make it a good one please

#7016 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I know the feeling! Just got home from work and mine is here as well! We are both going to be doing some unboxing tonight! Have fun!
[quoted image]

You ain’t doing it right, come on man, hump that thing!

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Always check your boxes for glory holes upon delivery.

Maybe that's why prices are going up. Innovation!

4 weeks later
#7557 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You can still buy them nib.

Sort of...there’s a wait list, and it’s long....See that thread about stern being back ordered by about 5000 games? Pinball is healthy and strong during COVID. But, I don’t think the factory is allowed to run at full capacity.

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I started that thread...

Well that’s ironic

1 week later
#7669 3 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Add customization [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The tree's are pretty cool. Where'd you get them?

#7679 3 years ago

Guys, is it cheating to remove the screw so the tower shot is consistent? I’m being told doing stuff like that is cheating. I thought that was pinball tweaking 101. 15+ years in this hobby and I’m second guessing myself.

#7683 3 years ago

Sorry all. Something from another thread rubbed me the wrong way. Didn’t necessarily mean to bring it here. JP is my next game to get so been reading about all the tweaks for this game and that tower tweak reminded me of something I did to my DP. Carry on.

1 week later
#7865 3 years ago
Quoted from gaubster:

I'm a first time owner (got my JP Pro Friday night) and I've never learned to nudge a machine. Is there a setting that I can turn the Tilt off or at least reduce the sensitivity to practice nudging without tilting? I changed the Tilt warning from 2 to 3, but that's the only setting I can find. Thanks in advance!

Most modern sterns have a tilt debounce setting the adjustments menu. You can try increasing it as well as adjusting the physical tilt bob that dangles inside the machine just to the left of the coin door.

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Phase 1 is complete - the game is in the house! First impressions are that this games is even more beautiful in person.
Next it's going upstairs and setup will begin tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Score! Congrats! I just got mine setup too and so far impressed with the play field compared to my AC/DC and IMDN.

Don’t know why there has to be 2 owners threads, I guess this club should be for the cool kids that want to have fun. And the prem/LE one for prem/LE issues?

#7938 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can anyone tell me what they paid on a new Premium recently?

$7500 shipped to my door.

#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I was doing some re-dialing in on a few components and after double checking the tower ramp flap screw was still good, I happened to check out the left ramp as like others have commented sometimes the ball will rattle in the ramp and come back down. What I found was that the ramp flap rivet heads, particularly the right one, are positioned where by the ball will clip it. The ramp has a wider entrance allowing the ball to be shot from both the right and left flipper - the entrance posts don't shield the rivets heads and as this ramp is plastic (the ramp floor curves up the sides rather than being a square corner) the ramp flap is narrower and consequently the rivets are moved in. The left rivet only marginally touches and I don't think mine would impact a shot, however any ball that is shot on the right side the ramp entrance (which in general is typically less often due to shot geometry) is definitely going to be deflected by the rivet head. And this could also affect T-Rex catching the ball ...
I've not seen this mentioned previously by anyone, so interested if others can check their machines and post a few pics for comparison.
Any thoughts on how to fix this would also be welcome [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great post. I just got my game and this totally explains why my T-Rex catches the ball so often when I shoot the left side of the ramp, and not so much on the right. I don’t have a fix or tweak yet, but you are not alone

#8026 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Where the heck is the extra ball shot? I dont see it on playfield. Im probably blind

Right swirly ramp. The sign on top has two lights; pteradon and extra ball.

#8137 3 years ago

Question about the T-REX:

When my TREX goes to the down position with jaw open, it ever so slightly pushes on the right part of the ramp. I get about 15-20% inconsistencies with the ball going in the T-REX and I’m wondering if it has to do with him leaning on the ramp.

I’ve played around with the bias settings a ton but haven’t been able to keep him from leaning on the ramp. Mine seems to work about 80% of the time, but has Anyone else seen this or have inconsistent TREX grabs like this? Usually when it happens, the ball seems to hop and reject violently. I’m wondering if it could be the opto inside the TREX as well.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question about the T-REX:
When my TREX goes to the down position with jaw open, it ever so slightly pushes on the right part of the ramp. I get about 15-20% inconsistencies with the ball going in the T-REX and I’m wondering if it has to do with him leaning on the ramp.
I’ve played around with the bias settings a ton but haven’t been able to keep him from leaning on the ramp. Mine seems to work about 80% of the time, but has Anyone else seen this or have inconsistent TREX grabs like this? Usually when it happens, the ball seems to hop and reject violently. I’m wondering if it could be the opto inside the TREX as well.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

I guess I can scratch that. Just checked him and he’s not leaning on it anymore like he was a few days ago.

#8139 3 years ago

He does seem to be offset slightly to the left. Is that the same for you guys?

F2E9A39A-8ED9-4E88-B577-F3861BAA5E64 (resized).jpegF2E9A39A-8ED9-4E88-B577-F3861BAA5E64 (resized).jpeg
#8142 3 years ago

Cool. I’ll keep playing with it. Thanks for confirming.

#8152 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Joined the billionaire club today! Love this game
[quoted image]

Nice! You got me by 18 mil haha

8C3160F8-F390-40DC-9AC9-7DB3CA6EFC22 (resized).jpeg8C3160F8-F390-40DC-9AC9-7DB3CA6EFC22 (resized).jpeg
#8153 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep mine skews left a bit also. Have you tried the physical height adjustment so the mouth just barely touches the ramp when it opens? Might be worth checking. Here are a couple posts about it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/18#post-5228793
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/13#post-5217546

Thanks! I’ll take a look into that this weekend.

#8159 3 years ago

Check out this TREX testing video at 2:25 mark.

Video courteous of MikeS - thanks mike!

This is type of rejection happens about 10-15% of the time. Not bad, but enough to kick my pinball OCD into high gear.

Curious how many ppl have seen this and how often they get it too. And, if someone’s found an adjustment to fix it?

So far, I’ve reduced right flipper strength considerably (195) and even reduced TREX jaw power a lot. I originally increased jaw power and it made it worse. Not sure which of these adjustments are actually working and which are psychological. Any thoughts?

#8166 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just my thoughts, but here's how I see the shots on the video:
2:30 mark - missed shot looks okay but tough to tell for sure. I think my T-Rex catches pretty well and I get some shots like this that look good but actually just aren't quite good enough or strong enough so they bounce up and hit the front of the mouth instead of going in.
2:43 mark - missed shot looks like it just wasn't good enough to be caught.
2:48 mark - good clean shot goes in easily
4:23 mark - good clean shot goes in easily
The last two shots that go in very easily seem to me to be the most telling. Seems like you're set up pretty well. Not every shot that makes it through the entrance of the ramp is a good enough shot to be caught. If you're catching 85%-90% of good looking shots then I think that's probably a sign it's in good shape, because there are going to be some shots that look good but actually aren't quite good enough and so they look like "rejects".
Overall I think mine catches very well, but I still have shots on mine that look very much like those two misses. They'll appear to have been good enough to catch, and then a bit later I'll hit a clean shot that's definitely better than the shot that missed and it's caught easily. Similar to yours, mine probably catches about 85-90% of good looking shots. So I've just learned to chalk up those "almost" shots to the fact that the shot looked good but actually wasn't quite good enough. If you were seeing "rejects" on a lot higher percentage of shots then I'd say you might need an adjustment, but the clean catches you had looked like it's dialed in pretty well.
I think there's a bit of similarity between this and the Marvel ramp on Avengers. That Marvel ramp is deceptive in that some shots go back down when it looked like it could have been good enough to make it, but then cleaner shots will go right through. The design of the ramp is such that a near miss will still make it even most of the way up the ramp, but then it either rattles or dies and comes back down and the natural impression/reaction of the player when you see that is that the ramp "rejected" it when it actually just wasn't quite a clean enough hit to make it. The ramp wasn't defective, and the shot was close to being good enough but just wasn't quite good enough. I think the same thing can happen with the T-Rex. A ball that's almost good enough will bounce off the mouth, and the natural impression/reaction of the player is that it was a reject. But if your good shots are being caught cleanly and easily the way those two catches rolled in that to me says it seems to be working pretty well. Just my thoughts though.

I think you nailed it. And those have been the discussion I’ve been having with other owners, MikeS and TKDalumni . Being a new owner, I just couldn’t tell if something was really wrong, or my pinball OCD was kicking in. Thanks for confirming. Looks like this is just a case of that ramp shot success becoming a little bit more narrower shot when the TREX is down. Which does make sense.

All in all, I think the answer to fix this is more beer as that’ll make the shot become wider

1 week later
#8331 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey, does anyone have any advance on how to increase the strength of the magnet on the t rex? it spits out the ball so many times on clean shots. Thanks

Pro or Prem? And are you sure it’s the magnet? I’ve been fighting the T-REX grab consistency pretty much since day 1 (2-3 weeks now) and think I finally have a break thru *knock on wood*

T-REX adjustment:
Try playing with feature adjustment #331 (premium model). This adjusts the T-REX jaw to the ramp. The higher the number, the higher up the jaw adjusts, not putting as much pressure on the ramp. The lower the adjustment value, the closer to the ramp it puts it. I had to put mine higher as my T-REX was close to the ramp. I’m only a few games in since playing with this adjustment, but so far it’s been noticeably better.

AB1782DF-6836-4269-9DF8-93B0C7969976 (resized).jpegAB1782DF-6836-4269-9DF8-93B0C7969976 (resized).jpeg
#8345 3 years ago

Playing around with a cartoon filter. I think it looks sweet.

98F2408B-DE06-4791-A0C6-67FADE9EFA06 (resized).jpeg98F2408B-DE06-4791-A0C6-67FADE9EFA06 (resized).jpeg
#8346 3 years ago

Here’s a better one.

5FC37877-EC8E-40D9-B393-5E5483493D56 (resized).jpeg5FC37877-EC8E-40D9-B393-5E5483493D56 (resized).jpeg
#8352 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I really like these, and they would make for good gameroom art. You need to post them in the pinball photography thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-photography-post-your-best-photos-here

Thanks. Added!

#8353 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Capturing dangerous dinos (playing and beating their paddocks) are the main way to increase your bonus multiplier (Dilophosaurus, T-Rex, probably one or two others).
Edit: Looks like Dilo, T-Rex, and Spinosaurus are the three Super Predators that include a +bonus X perk for being captured. These, like other Jurassic Perks, are permanently applied for the rest of your game, I believe, too!

Are there other ways to increase bonus X? Guess I could look at the tiltforums rule set, but conversing is more fun

#8383 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Trying to update a friends Premium. Ive done a few newer sterns with no issues...I click on the file to download. I click save and I get failed bsckblaze2 in my downloads folder. I see the green bar start to go across my firefox icon along the bottom then it stops after a few seconds...
Not sure what I am doing wrong. Is their server ever down?

Try disabling your anti-virus or windows firewall and give it a go.

3 weeks later
#8711 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike13l:

I'm sure this is somewhere in this thread but couldn't find it. My T-Rex just barely catches on the wire form when it's mouth is open. After a short while the motor can pull it free, however I am concerned this might cause damage over time. Is there a way to slightly adjust the head. Literally talking a couple mm. here.
Thanks!!!!

Maybe try playing with the T-Rex right position ticks near the end of the feature adjustments. I believe setting the number to negative will restrict his max right position.

2 weeks later
#9100 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Simple answer is that I play a lot of JP, by focusing on just one title I feel like my muscle memory has gotten really good so
my shot making is consistent. I also try to advance through paddocks efficiently, so if a shot is in the O orbit I just ignore and capture and move on. Path of least resistance is the left side of the map, but I do play Trex paddock for the EB.
-
My strategy:
First off- Always work towards Chaos.
I try to get this going as early as possible.
-
Most games this is what I try to do
2 skill shots and then start 1st Paddock.
Start 2nd paddock and start TRex MB.
Once done start next paddock.
Start Raptor if not earned through SM
Play both CR modes, I usually play VA first as it’s only 6 shots and you are working on qualifying your next paddock, also collecting fossils to get your 10x pteranodon qualified.
If you have earned your theirs CR play it.
Play SCR.
Play out the rest of the paddocks.
-
Trex modes lead to more drains than anything else and is why I haven’t gotten to EN yet. I am working on that and can get to MM when I focus on it, but it’s not a part of my overall strategy yet.
[quoted image]

This is pretty much my go to as well but I’m gonna edit a few things that commonly happens with me:

Most games this is what I try to do
2 skill shots and then start 1st Paddock.

<during 1st paddock the ball will head for the inlane, double bounce between the rubbers, and fly out the outlane>

Start 2nd paddock and start TRex MB.
Once done start next paddock.

<miss tower ramp, hit a few rubbers, hit a few sling shots, rocket through the left outlane, no escape because it did this previously 30 seconds prior>

Start Raptor if not earned through SM

<getting raptor setup typically ends in an outlane drain or 2>

Play both CR modes, I usually play VA first as it’s only 6 shots and you are working on qualifying your next paddock, also collecting fossils to get your 10x pteranodon qualified.
If you have earned your theirs CR play it.

<shooting CR or Helipad will usually cause a drain. So many shots focus on this>

Play SCR.
Play out the rest of the paddocks.

<I will work on setting the game up on 10-ball to achieve this>

All joking aside I got a GC for first time in a few weeks last night at around 1.4 bil and a 370mil’ish VC. My initial thought to my game was “F yea!” Followed by an “F you!” - see, The problem I’m having with enjoying the game compared to my other pins, is it’s a survival game much like TWD. And the moments come in the mid-end game modes (minus the T-Rex super JP , that’s freakin cool as hell). So it takes a lot of frustration and survival to get to those moments. All in all, I probably just need to play better, but the game can be frustrating as hell which takes away the fun-positive moments.

#9101 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I don't understand how the hell you're reliably supposed to hit that smart missile

You don’t
But it feels dam good when you do. See my comment above. It’s basically a “F—- yea!” Moment followed by an “F—- you!”

#9164 3 years ago

RE: T-Rex catching the ball tweak.

Hey all, reporting in again with a simple tweak that has vastly improved my T-Rex ball catches. I’ve had this in place for a couple weeks now, but wanted to be sure before posting.

Basically, I cut a piece of drop dead ball foam in half it’s width, about 1-2” long, and stuck it at the very top of the left part of the ramp so it doesn’t interfere with the balls path. This causes the T-Rex to move a millimeter to the right when he is in the down position to catch the ball.

All in all, someone said earlier in this thread and is spot on, when the T-Rex is down the shot is much more narrow than the regular ramp shot which appears to be the cause of a lot of rejects. This simple fix put me back in the 90-95% or greater success range.

Drop dead ball foam:
https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131

1A88C023-B6B9-4B59-82BE-85E064A3AF39 (resized).jpeg1A88C023-B6B9-4B59-82BE-85E064A3AF39 (resized).jpeg76AF8AFD-4A39-4456-92D2-82875FABB978 (resized).jpeg76AF8AFD-4A39-4456-92D2-82875FABB978 (resized).jpeg9C692F59-A5D9-4D73-B2DF-03C7670C561F (resized).jpeg9C692F59-A5D9-4D73-B2DF-03C7670C561F (resized).jpegBBE8C620-8941-4261-92AA-C8A26B2F3F01 (resized).jpegBBE8C620-8941-4261-92AA-C8A26B2F3F01 (resized).jpeg
#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Great post! I recall someone saying their T-Rex head tends to move slightly left when opening the jaw (I think this is because the back of the jaw touches the top of the ramp), is this what was happening before you put the foam on?
Out of interest, did you try adjusting T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POS BIAS to move her middle position slightly to the right? I've not played with the settings so not sure what is possible

Dude I played with just about every stepper adjustment, high settings, low, up, down, and all around LOL - It seemed to a help a little, but may have been psychological too. The foam strip on the ramp has been the most helpful improvement. I’ll have to check what my settings are at now.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I would just be nervous that it's stopping the head, but the motor is still trying to push it over.

Nah the motor only goes up and down when it goes to that position, not left or right. When the jaw opens that’s when it seems to reposition itself too far to the left. I thought the jaw ticks settings helped prevent this but I was wrong. From my observation, the T-Rex only needed to be pushed a butt fraction of a millimeter to the right to give the shot a better angle. I thought about taking the mech apart to get this result, but sometimes that does more harm than good LOL. The foam does this in a much simpler manner and easily reversible.

2 months later
#10026 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Has anyone come up with a good fix for the t-rex magnet to capture the ball more? I swear it rejects like 60% of the shots

Give this a try. I did this about 2 months ago and its been fantastic! World of difference. Remember, it needs to be a dead set accurate shot into the mouth, but this certainly has helped mine for sure:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/184#post-6079847

#10029 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Dang foam sold out....

Doh!! Yea, they’re out of stock frequently. Whenever it comes in and I do order, I always get about 6-7 pieces. It’s super handy to have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

13,200 (OBO)
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.