(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Breger1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#842 4 years ago

3) I know Keith doesn't like scoops but the posts that pop up to hold the ball are very jarring. With a scoop, I get the satisfaction of seeing it go in the scoop and it makes a great sound (ala DE JP). With this approach, it's not nearly as satisfying and worst of all, I can't skip the animations

With the pop up posts I caution to regularly check they are screwed on securely. Mine came loose and fall off on my SW only after a month or so. And of course when I was in a great game.

#1012 4 years ago

If you don't like the mod then don't buy it. I'm not getting it, but I do like a lot of Lermods backboard and trough kits, etc. Why pound the guy on a forum when he makes great things a lot of people like? Just skip it and be done with it.

#1242 4 years ago

I get the Logan arcade and relationship with stern, but I disagree with a premium being out before the LEs buyers get there’s. It’s clearly understood the order of production when dealing with distributors

2 weeks later
#1627 4 years ago

Green trough and backboard lighting a must.

1C287913-6F50-41F1-8B8D-867CD98073BA (resized).jpeg1C287913-6F50-41F1-8B8D-867CD98073BA (resized).jpeg98A98F45-9A78-4559-A754-14D9C24291A2 (resized).jpeg98A98F45-9A78-4559-A754-14D9C24291A2 (resized).jpeg
#1647 4 years ago

Well it looks a lot better then that pinstadium shit. To each it’s own I guess.

#1652 4 years ago

Ok so after looking at it, I have to admit that is pretty bad, the green lighting. It's a Lermods backboard LED strip (not trying to say it's a bad product). It certainly didn't look like this playing it, compared to the picture. I'll have to reassess when I'm playing later. Well hey if anything I'm part of another club now, the rainbow puke club

1 week later
#1817 4 years ago

I like to play my games in the dark, have lost a few balls on the black out scenes on JP, hope this gets changed in code updates, I can see a change in lighting, but play field should never go totally out

1 week later
#1959 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Personally, I prefer the play of the Titans better, especially on the flippers. However, the superbands post sleeves seem to be more durable. Dont get me wrong, Titans everywhere else for me, just not the post sleeves. Btw, for what it's worth, I think this game plays so much better without the junky black Stern rubbers. Those black stock ones leave crud all over your balls which then gets on your playfield. No Bueno....

Can someone explain the theory behind playfield rubbers? titans, superbands, etc. I've always just stuck with what's in the machine. Specifically durability/longevity, difference in bounce/ball travel/playability. Or a link if posted in forum elsewhere. I have 7 newer era machines and before making a big financial investment it would be nice to know, as I've always ignored it and just played my games.

#1968 4 years ago

Thanks for the input! I always thought the inlane/outlane ball trails were due to machine part grime, will consider changing out stock rubbers.

1 week later
#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You probably need to launch the helicopter and then set traps, THEN hit the Dino to capture it?

that is correct, again you have to reshoot helicopter if you haven't trapped in a specific time frame

1 week later
#2325 4 years ago

I am usually not big on warm LEDs, but man I think it is perfect in JP. Definetly would not be in my SW, BM, or even POTC.

2 weeks later
#2703 4 years ago

With my last code update everything f working fine, except when I reach visitor center the game just basically ends. I no longer have option to play king of island and there is no modes besides multi balls and Trex I can start?

#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

KOTI is started by capturing Spinosaurus and then shooting the ramp. You have to do it before you get to the Visitors Center. But yes, currently the game basically ends at the Visitors Center. Keith has previously mentioned that in the future code update that after you play the VC, you will then have to escape the park going back through the paddocks and how hard it is to escape will be determined by how many people you saved. Guess we'll see if that's still the plan when the new code drops. But for now, take the long road to the VC.

I do start at beginning and play all paddocks, but it's not letting me do spinosaurus? I'm guessing I don't have the truck facing the correct direction before beginning the spinosaurus paddock, then I reach visitor center and can't go back and play it? What do you mean by long road? I thought you had to progress through paddocks from the start

1 month later
#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm having a hell of a time dialing in the center loop shot, the one with the spinner.
Shots from the right flipper are generally good, ball hits the spinner, goes past the gate and usually ends up on the upper flipper. Not all the time, but most.
However, shots from the left flipper, clunk and die and end up in the pops almost all the time.
I did adjust the gate, i saw that was an issue on some games, but not this one. I flipped the gate up and it stayed in the up position, so I was able to take that out of the equation.
I see very little that will affect this shot. Does it work for anyone? Does anyone know what I can do so that shots from the left flipper make it past the spinner and around to the upper flipper?

Why don't you want them in the pops? Most of the time I want it going to the pops...start chaos, backend missile shot, add-a-ball during chaos, amber pops, etc.. This is one of the few games where ball in the pops has absolutely zero risk for a SDTM or bad deflection.

1 month later
#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Always get rid of that black rubber on every game!
I did titans on my JP2 and didn't like them, the slim tapered post sleeves are ok but they dont hold up, I put the regular slims on my Iron Maiden and the were beat up in under 100 games.

I couldn't stand the Titan flipper rubbers, couldn't trap up it bounces so much. Put stern black rubber back on till I figure out what is closest to it. I thought superbands bounces even more? Any difference in titan vs. perfectplay? And yes I put the slim post sleeves on and they are beat to hell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Breger1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.