(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,294 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 minutes ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3096 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Pteranodon is now flying high out of the backbox.[quoted image]

Great placement.
Where does the figure come from and how did you mount it?

3 months later
#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow that topper looks disappointing, especially after the BKSOR topper. I was really hoping for the iconic gates as the topper and motorised to open and close.

Just told my brother the exact same thing. Lol.

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Maybe the Dinosaurs are motorized...?

Maybe.
But I have come to expect not much from Stern toppers except big prices.
But every once in awhile we get a Batman. Black Knight or Game of Thrones.

1 week later
#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

These look great. Where are ones buying them?

They are on Amazon for about $9
Just search Papo Pteranodon
Here is the link if it works.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GL1BHO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00

Here is ours I posted in the Premium thread. It is a must have mod. Really finishes that side of the playfield off and fits perfectly.
59DCF0A2-6490-45EC-8FCF-75C5B836FCEE (resized).jpeg59DCF0A2-6490-45EC-8FCF-75C5B836FCEE (resized).jpeg

#4613 4 years ago

That metal guide flap is correctly placed on our game. Though it is not pulled that far away from the outside rail, so there is no gap like in the photos above.
I have tried the washers under the screw as well changing to an orange spring, but getting the ball to go up the horseshoe turn is maddening.
Out of 10 plunges, maybe 6 or 7 will make it. Sometimes less if it is in a bad mood.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Exact same question here. Confirmed last night that the ball strikes this protruding screw head hard when riding along the ball guide causing a ton of rattling out shots. Would love to know what flush screw to order.[quoted image]

I'm sure we could use the same screw that has been holding down all the Bally/Williams ramp flaps flawlessly for years.
I can't for the life of me figure out why a round top screw would ever have been used here.
Also food for thought. I bet that ramp flap would be just fine with no screw in that hole at all. But I would try the grind down and flat head methods first.

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

IT'S ALIVE!! Having just gotten my Jurassic Park Premium a few weeks ago, I was beginning to think it needed more. So, I just installed a shaker motor, and more importantly, the Pinwoofer Super Kit. Usually, I don't do much in the way of mods, as I'd rather spend my money getting another title, but JP just screamed for better audio. And wow, does the Pinwoofer do the job - but I guess you folks already know this. I was really impressed with the care that went into the assembling the kit. Everything, and I mean everything, was there and well packaged. The installation was really simple, and the sound quality is great. With those two additions, the machine can almost walk across the floor on it's own. I'm really impressed and thought I'd give Pinwoofer a "without reservation" recommendation. Over and out.

This game is spectacular with shaker motor and Sub. I totally agree.

We went with the Pinnovators headphone jack that has a dedicated sub output, and man does that damn T-Rex roar.

And probably my favorite shaker motor use is at the start of every paddock when the up post catches the ball, the game goes over the paddock instructions and then the Jeep starts it's engine. Pay attention, and the cabinet shakes exactly like a car starting up. Love it!!

#4640 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Trying to download the newest code for my pro and run into a bit of an issue. Code downloads like normal and I unpack it as I normally would. However, when I open the folder it has one of the SPKs and then another zipped up file that I can never get to unzip.
Anyone else having similar issues?

The second file does indeed look like it is still zipped.
But as long as it looks like this jurassic_park_le-1_01_0.spk.002.001 You are good to go.
It is only zipped if it still ends in .zip

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Installing Pinstadiums for the first time. Got the Fusion set with the Orion’s Belt program module. Anyone out there know the best place to connect all these Alligator clips? I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out where to connect to the flashers for the spinner/pop bumpers/helipad/control room. Any advice is much appreciated. The GO bulbs seem easy to identify and clip into, but it seems like the flashers don’t have similar clip on terminals. What am I missing? Thanks![quoted image]

On this particular game the flasher lights are also used as GI a lot, so they are always mostly on and not always flashing.
The best option on this game as per PinStadium themselves is to hook the Flashers to the shaker motor plug.
If you have a shaker motor installed you can just use the little wires that come with your pinstadium kit and then hook the aligator clips to them.
I will try and get a photo of the setup in a bit for you.
But it works great and the UV flasher lights only go off with the shaker and are not on all the time like most flasher lights on this game.
**Edit**
Here are two photos to show both ends on the flasher hookup. (Yes, you need to clean up the alligator hook up ends so there are no Exposed wires for any shorts to occur.)
Our whit wire is in the left most plug and our black wire is on the far right plug.

C6166FA2-9D31-411C-A00E-51292995F2D9 (resized).jpegC6166FA2-9D31-411C-A00E-51292995F2D9 (resized).jpeg5B137099-D8CD-4BA6-8B18-DA93E18F7900 (resized).jpeg5B137099-D8CD-4BA6-8B18-DA93E18F7900 (resized).jpeg
#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are some bad and dangerous connections. I am not familiar with PS products but I can't believe that is how they tell you to connect. The proper way to do it is use molex connectors and piggy back off that shaker connection.

As I stated. This will need to be cleaned up a bit. It is not hard to do.
But to make sure you like it first. This way is just fine.
I agree a piggy back is what is really needed here.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Don’t know what replacement screw would work but I can tell you grinding down the screw (and it isn’t much grinding) made a significant difference in Tower success rates and the general smoothness of the shot. Doesn’t take as much steam to make the turn.

More then likely these.
Have not tried them yet but I have plenty on hand.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ramp-screw.html

I will try one today and report back for everyone.

#4651 4 years ago

Ok here we go.
I have photos of the screw from the game next to the one Bally/Williams used on all their games.
And a photo with it installed.
Here are the results.
Is it better then the rounded top with ball clearance?
Yes, but just slightly.
No matter how tight you screw it down it will only go so far because no counter sink.
The ball still clips it but just barely.
However you have to put it so tight that it causes the ramp flap to pop up a bit on the other end.
I have now gone back to original screw.
This hole really screams for a counter sunk hole but we have no choice but to play the cards we were delt.
4DE72C36-065A-4577-86EF-80E5C647E15C (resized).jpeg4DE72C36-065A-4577-86EF-80E5C647E15C (resized).jpeg1E06A140-38F4-41D0-8516-41B42506866F (resized).jpeg1E06A140-38F4-41D0-8516-41B42506866F (resized).jpeg

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

A pancake head screw is flat where it meets the surface its being screwed into and would make a better choice although it may still be a bit too high but better.

Agree.
That is the only type I had on hand to test out.

2 weeks later
#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Thanks for the help. I will give it a try in a few hours. I didn’t realize the optos were at the entrance of the ramp. I really thought there was a switch at the top bend of the T. rex ramp in the area you can’t see while playi no. That’s where it seems all the slow shots register as you make that bend. Is there another switch in that location? If not, wouldn’t all unsuccessful ramps shots that enter the ramp but don’t make it through register as successful. Thanks for being patient with me!

Yes. It is just the optos at the entrance to the ramp.
I would still love to know Stern's reasoning for putting the optos so low down in the first place. Would make a lot more sense, at least to me, to have them in the center of the ball. No more ball hopping over the beam and the ball will certainly never dip under the beam. lol.

2 weeks later
#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Just did it...just bought my first pin! My wife and I are the ecstatic new owners of a NIB Jurassic Park Premium, set to arrive sometime mid June (fingers are crossed, though I'm not getting my hopes up...I swear) at the earliest, but more likely July-August.
At least that's time to read through the rule set a bunch? The waiting is the worst! Happy to be among the rest of you

Congrats.
And given your location, it should keep your mind off of the Murder Hornets.

1 week later
#5062 3 years ago

Anyone have a link to some good alternate instruction/pricing cards for this game?
I have only seen 1 or 2 so far but nothing that has grabbed my attention to print up.
I would think a title as popular as this would have tons of cards available, but I just can't seem to find them. Even in the custom apron cards thread.

2 weeks later
#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just put black rubber back on mine after going all around testing different ones....I started with red factory rubber, went to Pinball Life Perfect Play, then Titans, then Superbands, back to red rubber, now after all that, I'm liking the shots with the black rubber the best..
Here's my takeaway after doing about 2 weeks of consistant play with each type of flipper rubber
Black Rubber - best bounce, not too hard, not too soft like red rubber, nice consistancy with shots, best post passing and flipper tricks
Red Rubber - a little too squishy, have softer shot authority, harder to trap up and hit ramps with consistant power, leave red bits all over playfield after 50 plays, get dirty very fast
Perfect Play - slippery, dead bounce, awful
Titans - better than the Perfect play, too much ball slip and still somewhat dead bounce
Superbands - great at first, very hard which made shots really scream up ramps, much harder to control as they add tons of spin and crazy pyhsics to the ball, very hard to predict, makes shots easier but made game much too random and hectic, not fun when trying to progress
I have stuck with Titans for all the rings and posts though and this combination with the black flipper rubber provides the cleanest playfield and the best play overall...I'm really OCD about most things, this was no different

We did the same thing but had the opposite feelings about Perfect play and Superbands.

We found that the perfect play were way to grippy and not slippery at all and introduced more ball spin then any other flipper rubber.

Superbands are slicker and keep our ball spin to a minimum and allowed for the best game play on our Premium. Also had just the right amount of dead bounce. Not to bouncy and not to dead.

4 weeks later
#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

WooHoo! Pinball browser is back!! Got my Shoot Again animation going again...along with my missle hit and miss custom graphics audio and extra smack sound on the ball save screen
Click the shared link to see my final edits
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7aL6b5jq5DrPwb9p9

[quoted image]

Did OGA find a work around for Sterns breaking of the code? Nevermind, I went to the thread and just saw that he indeed did it. Yes!!!!!

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do you remember where in settings, I can’t seem to find it

It is in the second Adjustments menu. I forget what Stern Calls it. Maybe feature or Game adjusments?
Anyway when you get in go backwards through the menu as they are at the very end.
Don't forget that higher numbers lower the volume and lower numbers raise the volume. It is backwards from normal.

3 months later
#7689 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Not cheating. I removed the flap entirely and never looked back.

Just removed the entrance flap to the tower shot in my game today.
Holy hell, what a difference. The tower shot is now smooth as butter every time.
Should have done this from day 1.
It's like we have been playing with a huge handicap forever and now the shackles are off.

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just removed the one screw and put a piece of mylar down to keep it down. I don't know why removing the flap is needed?
Rob

Either way will work.
But just easier to remove the flap for me and be done with it.
No matter which option is chosen, just do it. The game plays so much better without the rattle.

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Take a ball with your hand and run it over that spot and see if it hits that screw. On my game it does for the lower screw but doesn't on the upper one.
[quoted image]

This is how I tested my game as well.
I could feel the ball hitting the screw head.
Tried a flat head screw but the hole is not counter sunk and the ball still hit it.
Pulled the damn thing out and life is a dream.

3 weeks later
#8162 3 years ago

Had to clean the rod the other day on our Jeep because it was starting to get sluggish.
Raised the playfield and loosened the set screw on the metal tab that breaks the opto beam.
However unlike everyone else mine would not just pull off. Could not get it off with pliers or even a flat heat screwdriver wedged between it and the plastic bushing. The only way to get it out was to use a philips screwdriver and a hammer and knock the rod out. And even then it took a lot of force to move.
I am guessing whoever used the locktite on the set screw at the factory really got carried away with the amount.

#8165 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Wow, mine slides off like it’s coated in butter.

That would have been great.
Went back on easy, but man it was glued on super tight. lol.
I even took the set screw all the way out just in case.

2 years later
#17461 8 months ago

No Thanks.
Sticking with my Premium and real movie code.

1 week later
#18474 7 months ago

Just upgraded to 1.11 yesterday from the 1.05 movie code.
I of course kept a separate SD card so I can go back whenever I like.
That said I agree with the post above that Stern put enough goodies in the 1.11 code that truly enhance the game play experience.
We had a blast playing co-op and vs.
And will certainly keep this code installed , which I did not expect to ever say.

There is a bug however in the vs. code that caused a hard game reset.
Can’t remember exactly what triggered it but we were in a 2 vs 1 mode on ball 2.
One of us drained the ball and the the screen just froze and all playfield lights went dark for about 30 seconds. Then the game just rebooted like it was just powered back on.

1 week later
#18742 7 months ago

So far we have had two complete game resets with 1.11
Once during a 2 V 1 game and once during a Co op game.
The Co op Crash happened during our live Twitch stream so we do have it documented.

Our Twitch channel is ThePinballMafia

The bonus countdown that the complete game freeze and reboot occurs is at the 1:04 mark
It happens on Player 2 of a 3 player Co Op game.
The entire bonus sequence plays but the game freezes when it shows the final total.
Hope this helps solve the mystery somehow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.