(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 424.
#401 4 years ago

Little Shop of Games has both the Amber Shooter Rod and Side Armor up for preorder.

https://littleshopofgames.com/?s=park&post_type=product

JP-Side-Armor-2-e1564158717469 (resized).jpgJP-Side-Armor-2-e1564158717469 (resized).jpgJP-Shooter-Knob-e1564157213296 (resized).jpgJP-Shooter-Knob-e1564157213296 (resized).jpg
#402 4 years ago

I'll take custom callouts and animations every time over lame movie clips.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

But after seeing how incredibly successful JJPOTC was on such limited IP, I actually wonder if this isn't going to turn out to be a blessing in disguise in the long run. I am starting to think there is such as thing as "too much IP" integration, and it detracts from the game. In a couple months we may be talking about how the lack of IP is one of this pin's strongest assets, just like it was with JJPOTC.

Impossible. This is Jurassic Park. POTC is hardly in the same league and for someone like me who actually doesn't care for pirates it was helpful so you're right BUT thuis is JP. I love JP. This will never be a strong suit of the game.

For someone who doesn't love JP, I would agree. At the same time, if these pinball companies want to do an IP, do the damn IP. don't half ass it like stern did here. That's all.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'll take custom callouts and animations every time over lame movie clips.

blasphemy!! haha - j/k. To each their own. Stern loves this type of input though. Why spend more someone doesn't want "lame" movie clips from a classic movie?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Art, what other games do you have in your collection? The info isn’t visible on your page.

Ive turned it on for a short bit....

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive turned it on for a short bit....

Holy *#@*!

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Impossible. This is Jurassic Park. POTC is hardly in the same league and for someone like me who actually doesn't care for pirates it was helpful so you're right BUT thuis is JP. I love JP. This will never be a strong suit of the game.
For someone who doesn't love JP, I would agree. At the same time, if these pinball companies want to do an IP, do the damn IP. don't half ass it like stern did here. That's all.

All they needed to do was secure the actors images, and a few video clips/images from the first movie and I would have been perfectly content. The fact that there are basically none makes this a dinosaur game with the jurassic park logo and theme song. Such a shame because its such a great layout, but it doesn't do the license justice (at all)....for those who care (like myself)....

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can't complain about having two JPs but for folks to defend Stern's obvious cash savings and spinning it - just stop.

Whatever the reason I'm glad they don't have faces of the actors all over, I wish Newman was left out as well. His little comments seemed forced. Trying to get into the theme is proving more difficult than I had thought so its looking like I'm gonna enjoy this for a short while then move on, or maybe its gonna grow on me. Its certainly not having the impact that Maiden or BK3 did right away.

#409 4 years ago

Just got my game this morning. Washers on the posts, flipper post is tight, raptor gate is fine, no clear issues. They added a color instruction card I was surprised to see. Only have a handful of games in but there is so much I am impressed with. The combo skill shots for me were new and the combos just feel so smooth.
5FAD2ACF-0460-4A1C-93BF-F9E211EAD0B5 (resized).jpeg5FAD2ACF-0460-4A1C-93BF-F9E211EAD0B5 (resized).jpeg

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just got my game this morning. Washers on the posts, flipper post is tight, raptor gate is fine, no clear issues. They added a color instruction card I was surprised to see. Only have a handful of games in but there is so much I am impressed with. The combo skill shots for me were new In the combos just feel so smooth.[quoted image]

Nice....the yellow cards look completely out of place now

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just got my game this morning. Washers on the posts, flipper post is tight, raptor gate is fine, no clear issues. They added a color instruction card I was surprised to see.

Same but that flipper post will losen so enough, what I'm noticing is that unless I realy hit the right flipper button full torque the upper flipper will either not activate at all or be very weak. Is that just a leaf spring adj?

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

blasphemy!! haha - j/k. To each their own. Stern loves this type of input though. Why spend more someone doesn't want "lame" movie clips from a classic movie?

I think they made the right decision to do original animations because the second half of the movie is so dark, especially in the action scenes. The bright animations do more to make the game seem dynamic and exciting. Compare to something like Star Wars where the movie scenes are more typically bright and colorful and they used a lot of clips in the pin.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Little Shop of Games has both the Amber Shooter Rod and Side Armor up for preorder.
https://littleshopofgames.com/?s=park&post_type=product[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, but the Shooter Rod is now $139.00...

#414 4 years ago

The animations serve the game well and don’t bother me.

I do hope for some cleland magic for custom sounds though

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Glad I placed my order with them when they were $79.00

#416 4 years ago

anyone have any thought or opinion on the game (that owns it)? how is the code update-do it do much?

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have any thought or opinion on the game (that owns it)? how is the code update-do it do much?

Just got mine last night and I’m really enjoying so far. Feels like plenty to do in the code right now and it’s only at .87

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Same here, jumped on it @ $79.00

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Me too

#420 4 years ago

Damn that's twice as much now.

#421 4 years ago

I'd like to know more about the audio output Jack for external subwoofer I believe I saw mentioned on the spec sheet. Can anyone confirm or deny its existence? Sure would be nice to have that as standard. I could have swore I read that somewhere.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whatever the reason I'm glad they don't have faces of the actors all over.....

THIS!

Not a fan of actors all over a game. I appreciate the essence - fighting dinos, saving peeps, etc. Too many movie themes rely on the actors and their crappy monologue imo. In the same concept, while I like the music themed pins, I don’t want to own one for the same reason .... I don’t want to get sick of listening to 30 seconds of the same Metallica/AC-DC/Who/Iron Maiden song - great gameplay though.

$0.02

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Same here, jumped on it @ $79.00

Does it come with the LE?

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I imagine it's because of the LED?

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Does it come with the LE?

No sir, not to my knowledge. I'm going to look at the spec sheets again now

Screenshot_20190823-135559_Write on PDF (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190823-135559_Write on PDF (resized).jpg
#426 4 years ago

Wow, even by looking through the change log for the new code, I can tell that Elwin is thinking through absolutely everything to make his game perfect.

#427 4 years ago

I was just watching the short video Stern released today. At one point in the background you can see the premium backglass lighting goes dim, cuts out, comes back on. Is the backboard lighting tied into gameplay like the older games or did they just happen to be booting up or playing around in the menu?

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I was just watching the short video Stern released today. At one point in the background you can see the premium backglass lighting goes dim, cuts out, comes back on. Is the backboard lighting tied into gameplay like the older games or did they just happen to be booting up or playing around in the menu?

It is tied into gameplay. BKSOR does it during Locks and mode starts and so does GOT now.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

No sir, not to my knowledge. I'm going to look at the spec sheets again now[quoted image]

So can anyone clarify what the 2nd to the last line on the matrix chart is?? The CPU mounted audio output for external amplification? Is that suitable for a subwoofer output? What the hell is it?? Lol

#431 4 years ago

I'm probably in for a Premium. I stopped by Game Exchange today after work, I played a few games, it's been in their showroom for four days now and look what I saw. I'm going to hold off on my purchase till this problem is fixed! The third pic was loaded by accident LOL.

20190823_122429 (resized).jpg20190823_122429 (resized).jpg20190823_122504 (resized).jpg20190823_122504 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190705-172623_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190705-172623_Chrome (resized).jpg
#432 4 years ago

I have an order in for an LE sent a message to my distributor today asking about the pooling at the posts in the washer fix have not heard back yet. I asked my distributor why they are putting washers under the posts. Do you all think the washer under is ok? What are all you options? This will be my first Stern NIB.

#433 4 years ago

damn - another one. I'm in on a premium but even I'm second guessing this.

#434 4 years ago

So can anyone clarify what the 2nd to the last line on the matrix chart is?? The CPU mounted audio output for external amplification? Is that suitable for a subwoofer output? What the hell is it?? Lol

It’s just a PinOut on the CPU board for the headphone jack accessory. It’s not a 3.5mm jack on the board.

If you want a subwoofer output, get this:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s just a PinOut on the CPU board for the headphone jack accessory. It’s not a 3.5mm jack on the board.
If you want a subwoofer output, get this:
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48

Thanks Kermit! That's exactly what I have on my GoTG machine. I was hoping Stern had stepped up their game and put a 3.5mm output factory installed.

#436 4 years ago

Do the premium/LEs get a thicker clear coat than the pros, or did they just have a bad batch?

#437 4 years ago

Thanks Kermit! That's exactly what I have on my GoTG machine. I was hoping Stern had stepped up their game and put a 3.5mm output factory installed.

They used to have a 3.5mm jack on the board for Spike 1 games like Ghostbusters. Spike 2 went away from that. For headphones, the current solution is better since they can auto mute the speakers (or not) using the game settings now, etc.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn - another one. I'm in on a premium but even I'm second guessing this.

Ugh.

Definitely sitting this out for a while.

Weird how both JJP and Stern have the same issue at the same time.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

I have an order in for an LE sent a message to my distributor today asking about the pooling at the posts in the washer fix have not heard back yet. I asked my distributor why they are putting washers under the posts. Do you all think the washer under is ok? What are all you options? This will be my first Stern NIB.

There are already pictures of machines that have washers installed from the factory with the same pooling issues as without. I wish you the best of luck with your first NIB. I just took delivery of my first NIB two weeks ago and it has the pooling issues. There's no telling how many machines are currently affected by this.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I'm probably in for a Premium. I stopped by Game Exchange today after work, I played a few games, it's been in their showroom for four days now and look what I saw. I'm going to hold off on my purchase till this problem is fixed! The third pic was loaded by accident LOL.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Washers AND pooling. At least the washer wouldn’t break the surface of the clear like the star post would.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Washers AND pooling. At least the washer wouldn’t break the surface of the clear like the star post would.

Are you joking?? Did you see the washer and the paint coming up?

#442 4 years ago

So weird comes up with all the artwork and everything, maybe more of an adhesion issue with whatever they use to prime the wood for printing than the clear itself.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Are you joking?? Did you see the washer and the paint coming up?

Didn’t see any paint, just the clear pooling.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Didn’t see any paint, just the clear pooling.

openyoureyes (resized).jpgopenyoureyes (resized).jpg
#445 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.
Any tips?

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tightened it 3-4 times already but keeps getting loose.

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

[quoted image]

Lol.

Ok. Not looking good.

#447 4 years ago

Got my PRO last week, having a blast so far, even if it's tough as heck! (but that's okay, that's what's fun about pinball, improving, etc...)

Two tech issues I keep having is 1) a "phantom" left sling that keeps going off on its own, sigh. So even when a ball doesn't hit, it's going off! Anyone know what might cause this/or how to fix?

The other is 2) the short plunge itself. Only 50-60% of my plunges actually go all the way around the loop and into the inlane. The other 40-50% basically can't get all the way around and just "fall" down to the left flipper. When I plunge with the "action button", it actually works fine like 95% of the time, but when we plunge on our own via the plunger, it's 50/50. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve?

PS: A big thank you to mensch Keith Elwin, not only for designing such a cool game, but for friggin' showing up in this very thread, over and over, to answer our questions and concerns. I mean WOW! That's something that is greatly appreciated by all, so a big THANK YOU to Keith and Stern, if they actually believed in the idea as well.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Two tech issues I keep having is 1) a "phantom" left sling that keeps going off on its own, sigh. So even when a ball doesn't hit, it's going off! Anyone know what might cause this/or how to fix?

Switch gapped too close? Try banging on the PF with your hand around it to see if it does it then which is usually a clue that's what it is.

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Got my PRO last week, having a blast so far, even if it's tough as heck! (but that's okay, that's what's fun about pinball, improving, etc...)
The other is 2) the short plunge itself. Only 50-60% of my plunges actually go all the way around the loop and into the inlane. The other 40-50% basically can't get all the way around and just "fall" down to the left flipper. When I plunge with the "action button", it actually works fine like 95% of the time, but when we plunge on our own via the plunger, it's 50/50. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve?
PS: A big thank you to mensch Keith Elwin, not only for designing such a cool game, but for friggin' showing up in this very thread, over and over, to answer our questions and concerns. I mean WOW! That's something that is greatly appreciated by all, so a big THANK YOU to Keith and Stern, if they actually believed in the idea as well.

The rubber may just be to tight, if it machine gunning. You can try just stretching the rubber a little.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I'm probably in for a Premium. I stopped by Game Exchange today after work, I played a few games, it's been in their showroom for four days now and look what I saw. I'm going to hold off on my purchase till this problem is fixed! The third pic was loaded by accident LOL.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shizzle. This could get bad. Not even exaggerating at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 49.99
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/9?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.