(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 427.
#4901 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

Just curious, does anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck at the top of the spitter lane? I removed the wire guard at the top and haven’t noticed any negatives as far as gameplay?

Yep common problem. You don't need to remove the one way gate, just raise the left hand side marginally up (the circled end of the bracket should be just above the top of the ball guide). There is no need to loosen where the bracket attaches on the right side, as there is enough flex in the bracket to lift it the 1-2mms you need.
JP2 Spinner Gate (resized).jpgJP2 Spinner Gate (resized).jpg

#4902 3 years ago

Manny65 Thanks for the tip, I’ll try that and see if that works.

Added over 4 years ago:

Update: This did fix my problem, ball didn’t get stuck at all during the last 20 games or so.

#4903 3 years ago

Just thought I'd chime in briefly with a tip for fellow owners (I have a JP Pro).

If you find yourself getting annoyed from having T-Rex Multiball hurryup starting before you're ready to play the mode (due to it starting as soon as you complete T-REX via the truck, which can easily be done by mistake during another objective), you can change a setting so that all T-Rex modes must be started via the Left Ramp, including TRM.

This setting both prevents the multiball hurryup from starting before you're ready, but it also makes the first T-Rex mode random (changeable via the truck) which also helps add a bit more variation to each game which is nice, instead of TRM aways being first and the others random after that.

I forget the exact setting number, sorry, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

#4904 3 years ago

I am the proud owner of a limited edition and absolutely love this game. There’s a few issues with it though. It hasn’t really been played much so this was kind of dissapointing;

- speaker pops loudly every 10 minutes or so.. checked the wiring, looks mint...
- trex wont eat ball (tried the optic fix, didn’t work, seems the magnet doesnt activate though I wouldnt exclude vertical alignment. I kind of find it difficult how to adjust that from the instructions on here.. is there a video somewhere I’ve missed?
- the supply drop target and some other targets are really tilted/bend to the left I’m not sure how to fix this, checked the bottom of the playfield there’s mostly 2 screws keeping the targets, but I dont see an obvious way to adjust/make the angle 90 degrees
- after the ball drops from the right ramp loop it bounces of the side a lot of the time, missing the upper flipper and draining often.. this might be fixed by more precise horizontal levelling, although it seems pretty straight..

#4905 3 years ago
Quoted from vertigo:

- after the ball drops from the right ramp loop it bounces of the side a lot of the time, missing the upper flipper and draining often.. this might be fixed by more precise horizontal levelling, although it seems pretty straight..

Had the same issue. My wireramp came out way to high. The ball even touched the top of the side rail. I finally bended the wire back so it would feed the upper flipper nicely. Now I can make the tower shot easily.

#4906 3 years ago
Quoted from vertigo:

I am the proud owner of a limited edition and absolutely love this game. There’s a few issues with it though. It hasn’t really been played much so this was kind of dissapointing;
- speaker pops loudly every 10 minutes or so.. checked the wiring, looks mint...
- trex wont eat ball (tried the optic fix, didn’t work, seems the magnet doesnt activate though I wouldnt exclude vertical alignment. I kind of find it difficult how to adjust that from the instructions on here.. is there a video somewhere I’ve missed?
- the supply drop target and some other targets are really tilted/bend to the left I’m not sure how to fix this, checked the bottom of the playfield there’s mostly 2 screws keeping the targets, but I dont see an obvious way to adjust/make the angle 90 degrees

Loosen the screws for the targets and move them my hand where you like them then retighten , they were probably not as tight as they could have been and moved a little...should fix the issue

Unscrew and rescrew the helix ramp and give a slight pull towards the guide rail, keep doing this with test ball drops at different speeds until you get a nice location that works...mine started off bouncy when i got it but dialing it in rolls off the helix perfectly every time, you just have to play with what works for your machine

can't help on the other two issues

#4907 3 years ago

Hello all - just got my first pinball machine - Jurassic park pro NIB and have been looking around the forum for upgrades/mods/maintenance ideas and came up with:
Shaker motor
Art blades
Replacement balls (although it looks like not too many have any premium balls in stock)
Wax

Any other recommendations? This seems like an awesome community!

#4908 3 years ago
Quoted from ozsplace:

Hello all - just got my first pinball machine - Jurassic park pro NIB and have been looking around the forum for upgrades/mods/maintenance ideas and came up with:
Shaker motor
Art blades
Replacement balls (although it looks like not too many have any premium balls in stock)
Wax
Any other recommendations? This seems like an awesome community!

Welcome! Shaker motor is a must IMO. There are some really good looking raptor tower mods to consider

#4909 3 years ago
Quoted from ozsplace:

Any other recommendations

Capture Spinosaurus and play King of the Island MB

#4910 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Capture Spinosaurus and play King of the Island MB

Ha!

#4911 3 years ago

A combination of a shaker motor and the Pinwoofer super kit really brings the game to life (if you live in an apartment and play at night, you'll meet the neighbors pretty quickly).

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Loosen the screws for the targets and move them my hand where you like them then retighten , they were probably not as tight as they could have been and moved a little...should fix the issue
Unscrew and rescrew the helix ramp and give a slight pull towards the guide rail, keep doing this with test ball drops at different speeds until you get a nice location that works...mine started off bouncy when i got it but dialing it in rolls off the helix perfectly every time, you just have to play with what works for your machine
can't help on the other two issues

Fixing the target their angles was easy and effective, thanks!

The helix ramp seems no issue after I re-leveled the entire table (wooden floor, so I guess it gets inaccurate pretty easily).

I still require two ideas for the remaining issues;

- how do I check the trex magnet, and how do I adjust the trex vertical position (I dont understand the instruction with the bolts, perhaps someone can explain in more detail or point me to a video?)
- speaker pops loudly now and then.. checked the wiring didnt see any issues, resetted the audio settings to no avail

Thanks!

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from vertigo:

Fixing the target their angles was easy and effective, thanks!
The helix ramp seems no issue after I re-leveled the entire table (wooden floor, so I guess it gets inaccurate pretty easily).
I still require two ideas for the remaining issues;
- how do I check the trex magnet, and how do I adjust the trex vertical position (I dont understand the instruction with the bolts, perhaps someone can explain in more detail or point me to a video?)
- speaker pops loudly now and then.. checked the wiring didnt see any issues, resetted the audio settings to no avail
Thanks!

Are you sure it’s not the credit knocker you are describing? It’s loud and annoying. You can turn it off in the settings.

This is why I installed a real knocker in mine. Alas. It’s louder and Even MORE annoying. Lol

#4914 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Are you sure it’s not the credit knocker you are describing? It’s loud and annoying. You can turn it off in the settings.
This is why I installed a real knocker in mine. Alas. It’s louder and Even MORE annoying. Lol

Why don't you just suck like I do? My games are never annoying like that. Ever.

#4915 3 years ago

For those having issues with the T-rex capture, make sure your wiring harness isn't resting between the backboard and the mechs motor. I had this happen to me and it wasn't allowing the lower jaw to rest flush with the ramp.

You can also adjust the default T-rex positions in the menu, check feature settings. Try adjusting the vertical bias if your ball is not capturing. I had to adjust mine two clicks to the left. One of the coin door buttons activates the jaw during this adjustment for better accuracy. Just make sure you are holding down the coin door interlock switch when running the test.

I believe the magnet test is also in feature settings. You can take a ball hold it in the mouth of the T-rex and then hit the test button. Should have a distinct, firm grab of the ball if working properly.

#4916 3 years ago

This game is the gift that keeps on giving. Since owning this machine back in October, I’ve finally kicked about 85-90% of its ass - haha! The other night I put up this score by collecting every single fossil in the game to complete all the sets (worth 500 mil + each set’s rewards), captured 6 or 7 dino’s I believe, beat VC and MM, but missed a couple shots on SCR. Made it to EN and escaped successfully but did not qualify WDRTE because I didn’t finished SCR Nearly there KME! Nearly there! haha.

C3525BC4-89D2-43B3-915E-89827F26CA3A (resized).pngC3525BC4-89D2-43B3-915E-89827F26CA3A (resized).png
#4917 3 years ago

hot !

#4918 3 years ago

That score's insane! Congrats thescottiep - how long was the game??

#4919 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That score's insane! Congrats thescottiep - how long was the game??

How long was which of the 10 games it took to get that score? Oh wait...that's just how many it would take me to get to 6B.

Congrats - that's an impressive feat!

#4920 3 years ago

Manny65 It was easily over a hour! My mom wanted to play two players and she decided to go play ACNH after seeing me play for longer than 10 minutes. She came back and was like “Oh, are you done now?” lmao!! // jdroc Thank you!! Some key pointers: Pteranodon Attack can be HUGE (e.g. capture the Pteranodon for the additional 10x reward and keep building that multiplier before cashing out) - Try to get at least 50/60 mil for that wildcard fossil!), Make sure to save VC for last - that way you can maximize your fossil count and combos prior to cashing those in, and one solid raptor MB may be all you need to get close to breaking 1bil by itself. 2x PF (+ 1 ball relocked) = 4x + (x5/x6 from balls in play for stage 3) — a 20 or 24x Super Jackpot on this can be mind boggling!

Cheers!

#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

This game is the gift that keeps on giving. Since owning this machine back in October, I’ve finally kicked about 85-90% of its ass - haha! The other night I put up this score by collecting every single fossil in the game to complete all the sets (worth 500 mil + each set’s rewards), captured 6 or 7 dino’s I believe, beat VC and MM, but missed a couple shots on SCR. Made it to EN and escaped successfully but did not qualify WDRTE because I didn’t finished SCR Nearly there KME! Nearly there! haha.[quoted image]

Man thats an amazing score - nice job

#4922 3 years ago

Time to put mine on 10 balls...

#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Time to put mine on 10 balls...

I put mine on 11 balls and still can’t get a million

#4924 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

You can also adjust the default T-rex positions in the menu, Just make sure you are holding down the coin door interlock switch when running the test.
I believe the magnet test is also in feature settings.

You can also pull out the interlock switch which sets it to "door closed" mode

#4925 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I am going to be picking up a pro in a few hours. Any watch outs that I should look for before purchasing?

Also, I see on the pinball vehicle hauling thread that it should fit in my Equinox, but I’m wondering how hard it is to take the backbox off if I need to. Anyone have any idea? Thanks everyone!

#4926 3 years ago

I joined the club!

Decided to go with the Pro model. I was on the fence for months trying to decide between the Pro and LE model and after reading all of the discussions about Premium/LE issues,etc. it pushed me towards a Pro. I really do not miss the moving T-Rex and the raptor gate is cool on Premium/LE but feel I am not missing much without it. This game is a masterpiece when it comes to layout and flow. So many great shots that are as smooth as butter. Also the sound and music quality is excellent, it is the best sound package since Star Wars. I am loving JP Pro!

#4927 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Hey everyone, I am going to be picking up a pro in a few hours. Any watch outs that I should look for before purchasing?
Also, I see on the pinball vehicle hauling thread that it should fit in my Equinox, but I’m wondering how hard it is to take the backbox off if I need to. Anyone have any idea? Thanks everyone!

It should fit easily into an Equinox. Move the back seat as forward as you can

#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

E9E8E30B-1B26-498D-A680-75550FA50FA4 (resized).pngE9E8E30B-1B26-498D-A680-75550FA50FA4 (resized).png
#4929 3 years ago

Thanks for the response! I read about certain years being problematic. Mine is a 2019 and I saw this about a 2019 that has me worried.

23C3DA43-2CFC-4851-A7F9-E53B40D89A3B (resized).png23C3DA43-2CFC-4851-A7F9-E53B40D89A3B (resized).png
#4930 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Thanks for the response! I read about certain years being problematic. Mine is a 2019 and I saw this about a 2019 that has me worried.
[quoted image]

Do you have any sterns at home to measure against your rear entry height? I’m not at home to measure

#4931 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

[quoted image]

I think the height with backbox down is 29-29.5

#4932 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I think the height with backbox down is 29-29.5

I don’t have any unfortunately. It’s all good, I’m just going to swing over and borrow a truck from my dad to be safe. Thanks for the help dude!

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I don’t have any unfortunately. It’s all good, I’m just going to swing over and borrow a truck from my dad to be safe. Thanks for the help dude!

Anytime!

#4934 3 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

manny65 It was easily over a hour! My mom wanted to play two players and she decided to go play ACNH after seeing me play for longer than 10 minutes. She came back and was like “Oh, are you done now?” lmao!! // jdroc Thank you!! Some key pointers: Pteranodon Attack can be HUGE (e.g. capture the Pteranodon for the additional 10x reward and keep building that multiplier before cashing out) - Try to get at least 50/60 mil for that wildcard fossil!), Make sure to save VC for last - that way you can maximize your fossil count and combos prior to cashing those in, and one solid raptor MB may be all you need to get close to breaking 1bil by itself. 2x PF (+ 1 ball relocked) = 4x + (x5/x6 from balls in play for stage 3) — a 20 or 24x Super Jackpot on this can be mind boggling!
Cheers!

I don't understand how you guys get these fossils. I'm a decent player, and I've been one shot away from EN, and had only one fossil. 90% of my games, I don't even collect one!

#4935 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I don't understand how you guys get these fossils. I'm a decent player, and I've been one shot away from EN, and had only one fossil. 90% of my games, I don't even collect one!

Fossils can easily be collected from beating Trex modes and Control Room modes fully. In addition, there are hidden fossils that can be collected (e.g., smart missile award and raptor MB stage 3 Super Jackpot). If all else fails, if you cradle up during play to view more info, there is a screen that shows you how to gain wildcard fossils which will basically fill in for missing fossils (e.g., 2/3 - 1 more fossil needed to complete a set). Some of these wild card fossils include (x amount of loops, x amount of raptor tower shots, >50mil Pteranodon Attack Collect, etc.) Generally, I find that I naturally collect those first two wild card fossils mentioned by time I get to VC and headed toward EN naturally. Hope this helps!

#4936 3 years ago

I wish the Control Room modes would save progress so that you can go back and finish them up on subsequent visits to the control room.

I’m a decent player and terrible at the fossils as well.

#4937 3 years ago

any jp owners own Metallica too? if so, which do you like better? i started a post and poll a week ago, but it didn't get much repsonse. i want to get jp, but afraid to with the playfield issues i read about. wondering if met. is a better move.

#4938 3 years ago

I have both. JP has better shot layout , more flippers, more fun. Better game

#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

any jp owners own Metallica too? if so, which do you like better? i started a post and poll a week ago, but it didn't get much repsonse. i want to get jp, but afraid to with the playfield issues i read about. wondering if met. is a better move.

Metallica is a fun game, no doubt, but it has a very vanilla layout and the rules get really wood-choppy as you get deep into it heading towards EOTL. JP is 100% unique in both layout and ruleset. I loved Metallica intensely for the couple years I owned it, but do not miss it much, especially since I can play it at a number of other places. That's enough for me now. There is really no comparison...JP blows it away.

#4940 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I joined the club!
Decided to go with the Pro model. I was on the fence for months trying to decide between the Pro and LE model and after reading all of the discussions about Premium/LE issues,etc. it pushed me towards a Pro. I really do not miss the moving T-Rex and the raptor gate is cool on Premium/LE but feel I am not missing much without it. This game is a masterpiece when it comes to layout and flow. So many great shots that are as smooth as butter. Also the sound and music quality is excellent, it is the best sound package since Star Wars. I am loving JP Pro!

I've owned the pro for coming up on 2 months now and to be honest I'm missing the moving T-Rex... the pro won't let you skip the animation that I assume is accounting for the T-Rex movement unless you've got that paired with a paddock... otherwise you're stuck watching it every time... if I'm going to watch it I might as well watch the dinosaur throw the ball around. I've also been shooting the Raptor pen for 2 months now and it has to be more fun to bash a gate then shoot the targets. I don't regret my decision one bit but if someone walked a Premium in front of me and asked for $1K-$1.5K(CDN) more than I paid for my pro I'd go Premium... of course that world doesn't exist so Pro it is!

Quoted from zaki:

I've owned both, had MET for a year (Which is long for me), more variety in JP, tougher shots... I love inline drops though and the Snake and Sparkey are really fun to shoot. The art is fantastic on MET as well. If I had to make the choice today I'd go JP.

#4941 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I own both, COMPLETELY different games. Metallica has much better flow to it, jp has better shots, more unique, deeper , etc. As odd as it sounds Metallica is a better family game. Both are fantastic, but it truly comes down to what kind of game you are looking for. The flow on Metallica is amazing, where Jurassic park is more clunky in terms of flow. Not saying that’s a bad thing, and I’m happy to have both, since they are incredibly different.

#4942 3 years ago

Finally got mine all setup - now if only I could play better!

F030F744-BC38-4A1D-8DBE-038A9CBDBAA9 (resized).jpegF030F744-BC38-4A1D-8DBE-038A9CBDBAA9 (resized).jpeg
#4943 3 years ago

Looking good. BTW, my 8 year old daughter just beat me 3 of 4 games. At least she is learning to count to 100 million. Haha. ( not quite to a billion yet).

#4944 3 years ago

hello everyone, I have a problem with my t-rex on my premium, the head goes up and down without stopping. impossible to operate. if I restart a game, it's the same it goes up and down without stopping before even launching the first ball. do you have any advice for me? Thx.

#4945 3 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

manny65 Make sure to save VC for last - that way you can maximize your fossil count and combos prior to cashing those in, and one solid raptor MB may be all you need to get close to breaking 1bil by itself.

Save VC for last?? I’ve only been there a handful of times haha. If it’s ready, I’m hitting it.

#4946 3 years ago

Just joined, waited a few for most of the bugs to be worked out.

IMG_3329 (resized).JPGIMG_3329 (resized).JPGIMG_3331 (resized).JPGIMG_3331 (resized).JPG
#4947 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looks like the rumor that games are on the line at Stern again is true.

#4948 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

[quoted image][quoted image]

damn! April 15 is a good sign..

#4949 3 years ago

A very minor, but honestly refreshing thing I suddenly noticed while playing Jurassic Park yesterday: It doesn't have any kind of shifting lane lights with the flipper buttons. It's not a big deal, but just like video modes to me are a distraction from what pinball is, I kinda feel the same about lane changing, at least now that I noticed how it feels when it's not there.

Given the above, it's no wonder it was voted game of the year!

#4950 3 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

A very minor, but honestly refreshing thing I suddenly noticed while playing Jurassic Park yesterday: It doesn't have any kind of shifting lane lights with the flipper buttons. It's not a big deal, but just like video modes to me are a distraction from what pinball is, I kinda feel the same about lane changing, at least now that I noticed how it feels when it's not there.
Given the above, it's no wonder it was voted game of the year!

That's a good observation, surely it can't be the only modern stern to not have that feature. Haven't played IMDN in a while do you switch anything with the flippers on that game? Maybe it's an Elwin thing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

12,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/99?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.