(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 426.
#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

What did you receive? I have a new Pro that misses picking up the T Rex ramp shot about 10 percent of the time. Usually a clean fast shot, it won’t register. When on a skill shot it is even more upsetting. How do I fix this?

Sounds like you just need to tweak the opto. Putting a small piece of electrical tape over half of the opto lense will likely fix that issue. The ball is moving too fast for the beam to be completely cut long enough for detection. Narrowing the beam will break it for a longer period of time. Those lightning balls will start registering 100%

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sounds like you just need to tweak the opto. Putting a small piece of electrical tape over half of the opto lense will likely fix that issue. The ball is moving too fast for the beam to be completely cut long enough for detection. Narrowing the beam will break it for a longer period of time. Those lightning balls will start registering 100%

Thanks. I will try that.

#4853 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I am not very technical yet. Do I put a small piece of tape over both optos on that t-Rex ramp or just one? I am assuming there are two optos on that ramp. I really don’t know.

#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hey all,
About 800ish games in at this point, and the autoplunger is making it up the S ramp about 50% of the time. It was never 100%, but the first 50 games I'd say it was about 95% and has gone down from there. It also feels like the S ramp is rejecting more shots, but obviously there's no objective way to prove that's not just a skill issue, haha. I know I can go in and crank up the power on the autoplunger, but is this indicative of a deeper problem with that ramp that I need to be worried about? Anybody else run into anything similar?

Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hey all,
About 800ish games in at this point, and the autoplunger is making it up the S ramp about 50% of the time. It was never 100%, but the first 50 games I'd say it was about 95% and has gone down from there. It also feels like the S ramp is rejecting more shots, but obviously there's no objective way to prove that's not just a skill issue, haha. I know I can go in and crank up the power on the autoplunger, but is this indicative of a deeper problem with that ramp that I need to be worried about? Anybody else run into anything similar?

Try to raise the autoplunger to 200 that worked for me.

#4855 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any pics of that fix?

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The game literally ends after Nublar. That seems linear to me. I love the game for sure, but most of my games do feel very similar.

And how often are you doing that? I'm guessing never since it literally doesn't end after Nublar. There's still a final mode when you beat Nublar and the other mini-wizard modes.

Of course...I'm pretty sure THEN it ends, but I'm not sure since I have never gotten anywhere near it.

In my opinion, having an end to a game doesn't mean it's linear when there are so many paths and unique things to do to get there. Linear means you are locked in to one thing, then the next, then the next, etc. In JP there are choices the entire time. Of course, that's just like, my opinion man.

#4857 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I am not very technical yet. Do I put a small piece of tape over both optos on that t-Rex ramp or just one? I am assuming there are two optos on that ramp. I really don’t know.

Quoted from Jodester:

Any pics of that fix?

Here's a link to a post with a pic of mine when I did it. First pic is the orbit opto, second pic is the left ramp opto. I only put it on the left side of the ramp, but you can try both to see if it makes it better. Just make sure you don't cover it up to the point where no light is getting through and the switch is registering continually.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/65#post-5328626

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

And how often are you doing that? I'm guessing never since it literally doesn't end after Nublar. There's still a final mode when you beat Nublar and the other mini-wizard modes.
Of course...I'm pretty sure THEN it ends, but I'm not sure since I have never gotten anywhere near it.
In my opinion, having an end to a game doesn't mean it's linear when there are so many paths and unique things to do to get there. Linear means you are locked in to one thing, then the next, then the next, etc. In JP there are choices the entire time. Of course, that's just like, my opinion man.

I have gotten there and it absolutely ends.

The first time I got there I was on ball 2 (EBs on) and thought damn, this is going to be a hell of a game. I had heard about the game ending but it was still surprising.

While there is another super wiz mode (WDRTE) you only get to play it if you complete all the mini wiz modes along the way.

I would say I could get to the VC every game if I took the short route but I'm generally trying to go for broke and capture all the super predators along the way.

I would say my average game I play most of the paddocks, the 3 main Control room modes and a couple Rex modes. Museum Meyham and Invalid Frenzy are the modes I see the least aside from Nublar.

I've only been to Nublar twice FWIW. The second time I was on my way to the WDRTE. Had SCR and VC complete but beefed Museum.

#4859 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The first time I got there I was on ball 2 (EBs on) and thought damn, this is going to be a hell of a game. I had heard about the game ending but it was still surprising.
While there is another super wiz mode (WDRTE) you only get to play it if you complete all the mini wiz modes along the way.
I would say I could get to the VC every game if I took the short route but I'm generally trying to go for broke and capture all the super predators along the way.
I would say my average game I play most of the paddocks, the 3 main Control room modes and a couple Rex modes. Museum Meyham and Invalid Frenzy are the modes I see the least aside from Nublar.
I've only been to Nublar twice FWIW. The second time I was on my way to the WDRTE. Had SCR and VC complete but beefed Museum.

Wow! Nice!!! How do you go after the set trap targets consistently without draining? I usually try to go at the left target with the left flipper while the truck is pointed left, but sometimes the ball bounces off it to the right side of the truck, rolls off the guide on the side of the right ramp and goes SDTM. Same thing happens sometimes when I try going at the right side target from the right flipper with the truck pointing right. Between drains from hitting those targets & the truck and from the slings throwing it straight to the outlines I can usually only get to the last paddock before Visitors Center.

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here's a link to a post with a pic of mine when I did it. First pic is the orbit opto, second pic is the left ramp opto. I only put it on the left side of the ramp, but you can try both to see if it makes it better. Just make sure you don't cover it up to the point where no light is getting through and the switch is registering continually.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/65#post-5328626

Ok....or dont be lazy and lift the playfield, remove the opto (not the recieving side) put a piece of tape over half and wrap the tape right around the board to be sure you dont have to get back in there again down the road. Out it all back together. Super easy, super fast, super reliable, (super easy, barely an inconvenience lol). It is completely invisible and works great. Dont tape up the receiving end. It will only make your life harder. I'm not taking my game apart for a pic but I'll draw a simple doodle......forgive my childlike drawing ability)

15883436344931968681926057312033 (resized).jpg15883436344931968681926057312033 (resized).jpg
#4861 3 years ago
20200501_103627 (resized).jpg20200501_103627 (resized).jpg
#4862 3 years ago

^^^^best i can do right now^^^^

Quoted from Jodester:

Any pics of that fix?

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Wow! Nice!!! How do you go after the set trap targets consistently without draining? I usually try to go at the left target with the left flipper while the truck is pointed left, but sometimes the ball bounces off it to the right side of the truck, rolls off the guide on the side of the right ramp and goes SDTM. Same thing happens sometimes when I try going at the right side target from the right flipper with the truck pointing right. Between drains from hitting those targets & the truck and from the slings throwing it straight to the outlines I can usually only get to the last paddock before Visitors Center.

My approach is basically the same. One thing I would check is that your standups are aligned properly. Mine were both a little off center for a while. I aligned and tightened them down and it definitely helped. Also, don't be afraid to use those dangers. Bonus isn't all that substantial in JP (or any modern Stern really), so get your nudge on. It's very rare if I don't tilt at least one ball/game.

The bulk of my drains are via the right outlane. I feel like on this game more than any other I get weird rolls up through the right flipper lane that make sure to find their way to Nedry.

#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Nice. You are a heck of a player. I have gotten to each of the mini-wizards, but not EN or WDRTE. I didn't realize that you do not get a chance to go back for the other mini-wizards once you get to EN, making it a bit of a road block. I apologize. At either rate, we have different definitions of linear, but I can definitely see your point. Gotta love this game. Those raptors are clever!

#4865 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice. You are a heck of a player. I have gotten to each of the mini-wizards, but not EN or WDRTE. I didn't realize that you do not get a chance to go back for the other mini-wizards once you get to EN, making it a bit of a road block. I apologize. At either rate, we have different definitions of linear, but I can definitely see your point. Gotta love this game. Those raptors are clever!

Definitely love the game. That KME fella knows what's up.

I still haven't even played the game in Nublar challenge mode. I was(am) being stubborn and wasn't going to play it until I got there properly. First time to EN was pretty beefy, so I refrained. 2nd time was better, but still a little lackluster. I think I'll try it regardless after I get there a 3rd time...or maybe this weekend after the beverages start flowing.

#4866 3 years ago

Thanks for the help. I will give it a try in a few hours. I didn’t realize the optos were at the entrance of the ramp. I really thought there was a switch at the top bend of the T. rex ramp in the area you can’t see while playi no. That’s where it seems all the slow shots register as you make that bend. Is there another switch in that location? If not, wouldn’t all unsuccessful ramps shots that enter the ramp but don’t make it through register as successful. Thanks for being patient with me!

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Thanks for the help. I will give it a try in a few hours. I didn’t realize the optos were at the entrance of the ramp. I really thought there was a switch at the top bend of the T. rex ramp in the area you can’t see while playi no. That’s where it seems all the slow shots register as you make that bend. Is there another switch in that location? If not, wouldn’t all unsuccessful ramps shots that enter the ramp but don’t make it through register as successful. Thanks for being patient with me!

Yes. It is just the optos at the entrance to the ramp.
I would still love to know Stern's reasoning for putting the optos so low down in the first place. Would make a lot more sense, at least to me, to have them in the center of the ball. No more ball hopping over the beam and the ball will certainly never dip under the beam. lol.

#4868 3 years ago

I just received my JP pro yesterday and I'm having trouble getting the auto launcher to make the u-turn. I've already installed a left washer under the metal shooter lane so I'm going to try changing the auto launcher coil power but I don't see an option in the Menu to do so. Where exactly in the Menu is the option to change coil strengths?

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Do you really have to complete the mini wiz modes ? Then I will never see it

#4870 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Do you really have to complete the mini wiz modes ? Then I will never see it

"Secret super-wizard “epilogue” mode awarded for successfully completing Visitor’s Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room, and Escape Nublar. Timed 6-ball 60-second multiball"

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

A tall order for sure.

#4871 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

"Secret super-wizard “epilogue” mode awarded for successfully completing Visitor’s Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room, and Escape Nublar. Timed 6-ball 60-second multiball"
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644
A tall order for sure.

Omg, I got several times to escape nublar but never finish it. Now when I also have to finish the rest I think I will never see it. Do you have the chance to play them again when you beat escape nublar ?

#4872 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes. It is just the optos at the entrance to the ramp.
I would still love to know Stern's reasoning for putting the optos so low down in the first place. Would make a lot more sense, at least to me, to have them in the center of the ball. No more ball hopping over the beam and the ball will certainly never dip under the beam. lol.

I have a pro made March 16, 2020. There are no optos at the start of the ramp. They are at the back bend in the ramp as I described. Interesting. They seem to be tiny optos that are peering through a hole in the ramp for the beam. I think the problem is when a ball is hit hard, clean and fast, it rides along the top part of the ramp and completely jumps over the optos alignment that is lower in the bottom of the ramp. I am guessing tape won’t help me. It doesn’t miss registering often, but when it does it sucks. I think I would have to drill a bigger hole and try to move both opto placement higher on the ramp. I think this is beyond my skill level and I could see myself botching up the ramp. I probably have to live with this.... here are some bad pics I took.

#4873 3 years ago
15DBB9B5-E0E5-4D8C-9B60-5954022512C1 (resized).jpeg15DBB9B5-E0E5-4D8C-9B60-5954022512C1 (resized).jpeg51DF0E41-258A-4B5A-8C19-E1A68C0AABC0 (resized).jpeg51DF0E41-258A-4B5A-8C19-E1A68C0AABC0 (resized).jpeg7E249E57-80B7-4DB7-B213-9495B60C94BE (resized).jpeg7E249E57-80B7-4DB7-B213-9495B60C94BE (resized).jpeg9D653C0B-7CDB-4BD9-9BAE-C87F947918C4 (resized).jpeg9D653C0B-7CDB-4BD9-9BAE-C87F947918C4 (resized).jpegB70AEC7A-6EF8-4E81-B468-64D4DD8C3CE7 (resized).jpegB70AEC7A-6EF8-4E81-B468-64D4DD8C3CE7 (resized).jpegBE7A7632-BE18-4A1D-9777-7B3ECFC184C1 (resized).jpegBE7A7632-BE18-4A1D-9777-7B3ECFC184C1 (resized).jpegC84AFB8E-C059-4CE5-9861-5F404308A963 (resized).jpegC84AFB8E-C059-4CE5-9861-5F404308A963 (resized).jpeg
#4874 3 years ago

I think I found the fix. Their is a shield covering over the back of the ramp. It has a spacer that makes it taller. I am taking out the spacer so the ball doesn’t have room to travel over the optos. Will see if that does it.

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Do you have the chance to play them again when you beat escape nublar ?

Nope

#4876 3 years ago

JP Software glitch?

Sometimes after a ball drains, the game advances to the next ball, but auto plunges and no skill shot is available. This can continue for several balls,even carrying over the the next game. Has anyone seen this behavior? I am running 1.01 code.

#4877 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I have a pro made March 16, 2020. There are no optos at the start of the ramp. They are at the back bend in the ramp as I described. Interesting. They seem to be tiny optos that are peering through a hole in the ramp for the beam. I think the problem is when a ball is hit hard, clean and fast, it rides along the top part of the ramp and completely jumps over the optos alignment that is lower in the bottom of the ramp. I am guessing tape won’t help me. It doesn’t miss registering often, but when it does it sucks. I think I would have to drill a bigger hole and try to move both opto placement higher on the ramp. I think this is beyond my skill level and I could see myself botching up the ramp. I probably have to live with this.... here are some bad pics I took.

Mine is the same way. I will try removing the spacers also.

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

JP Software glitch?
Sometimes after a ball drains, the game advances to the next ball, but auto plunges and no skill shot is available. This can continue for several balls,even carrying over the the next game. Has anyone seen this behavior? I am running 1.01 code.

Not on mine, but I'm still on 1.0 code. Can anyone else chime in here?

#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Mine is the same way. I will try removing the spacers also.

I only removed the back 2 and added a little tape to make it tight. Played one game and all shots registered. Will play more now and report back. Didn’t want to remove the front two and make the entrance more difficult.

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

JP Software glitch?

Sounds like trough issue. Start with reseting those connectors. Give it a good look too. Maybe something(loose bulb...) got stuck in there.

#4881 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I only removed the back 2 and added a little tape to make it tight. Played one game and all shots registered. Will play more now and report back. Didn’t want to remove the front two and make the entrance more difficult.

Confirmed. That’s the fix. Take out the back two spacers and every shot registers. Hope owner here. Shooting like butter!

#4882 3 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

JP Software glitch?

Has not ever done it on mine, running latest code too.
Agree sounds like it might be a trough issue.

#4883 3 years ago

Looks like I need to add the front 3 spacers back. Mine registers every time with all 5 removed. I put up over 300 million on my trial game.

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Looks like I need to add the front 3 spacers back. Mine registers every time with all 5 removed. I put up over 300 million on my trial game.

Hahaha. That’s great. Don’t do it!!

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I’m jealous. 299mil is still my best. Tomorrow I will try to smash that score. I live in an apartment so can’t play after about 10pm out of respect for the neighbors.

#4886 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I’m jealous. 299mil is still my best. Tomorrow I will try to smash that score. I live in an apartment so can’t play after about 10pm out of respect for the neighbors.

Added the three spacers to the front. Still works every time. Thanks so much for the fix!

I built a separate game room to keep from waking my wife when I play until 2AM.

#4887 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Added the three spacers to the front. Still works every time. Thanks so much for the fix!
I built a separate game room to keep from waking my wife when I play until 2AM.

Cheers. Enjoy bud!

#4888 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Has not ever done it on mine, running latest code too.
Agree sounds like it might be a trough issue.

Could also be a switch registering on the playfield, thus validating it, making the machine think a ball is in play.

#4889 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Confirmed. That’s the fix. Take out the back two spacers and every shot registers. Hope owner here. Shooting like butter!

The biggest issue I have on the Pro with the left ramp is the ball gaining air and not only not registering the optos, but also rattling and often jumping the ramp.

I believe it to be that the ramp flap is longer and more flexible than most others I have seen on other machines, or even the right ramp on JP. The fix is to try and stop that flap flexing and creating a sharper ramp which gives the ball air.
My friend has a Prem and also seeing similar issues until he lifted the ramp and placed a pillar rubber (cut in 2 lengthways) under the flap. This means no flexing of the flap, no air balls and thus no missed shots.

I just haven't got round to doing it on mine yet, as I'm waiting for a few other bits and bobs and will fit everything at once.

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The biggest issue I have on the Pro with the left ramp is the ball gaining air and not only not registering the optos, but also rattling and often jumping the ramp.
I believe it to be that the ramp flap is longer and more flexible than most others I have seen on other machines, or even the right ramp on JP. The fix is to try and stop that flap flexing and creating a sharper ramp which gives the ball air.
My friend has a Prem and also seeing similar issues until he lifted the ramp and placed a pillar rubber (cut in 2 lengthways) under the flap. This means no flexing of the flap, no air balls and thus no missed shots.
I just haven't got round to doing it on mine yet, as I'm waiting for a few other bits and bobs and will fit everything at once.

thats interesting, i have so much rattling balls on this ramp and wondered about it... i will try this out with a piece of hard rubber.

EDIT: as i said, i tried it with some hard rubber piece and it does not help. i inspected the rattling and i found it comes from shots hitting the left metal guide on the ramp. this metal piece extends into the ramp shot, behind the left post. it would help to move the ramp (2 screws in the wood) just a tiny bit so the metal isn't getting into the way.

#4891 3 years ago

So this may come across as obvious to most everyone here but just in case it helps someone I figured I'd post this evening. Ever since I got my JP2 Pro I've had it set up at what seemed like roughly 6.5 degrees. I got it close to that when I unboxed it according to the playfield bubble and it seemed to play well enough. I didn't have a precise digital level to make it exactly right, so I didn't worry about it. I didn't really want it to play faster... so I just left it.

Then the other night I had a particularly bad game, where I became extremely frustrated at my inability to hit the right ramp and orbit with any real consistency. I had one of these 'Do I just suck at pinball?' moments so decided to play a game on my other machine.

Which happens to be AfMr, and out of the box was apparently dead on right at 6.5 degrees. First game I played wasn't great, since Bally/Williams machines play so differently and it takes a little getting used to. Second game I got 10 bn and was a few hits away from destroying Mars. My best ever game was a 26 bn Rule the Universe (that I'm confident I'll never replicate) but nonetheless it reminded me that maybe I'm not that terrible at this.

At that point I remembered that I had ordered some stuff from Marco a little while back, and 'didn't I order a cheap digital leveler?'

Sure enough I had, and I found it. Test the playfield of the JP2 machine and it reads 6.3. I'm convinced that the playfield angle is too flat, and it's making the shots harder than they should be. So I pulled out the trusty harbor freight hydraulic lift I set it up with and spent some time dialing it in to right at 7.0. I figure I'll start there and dial it back if I don't like it.

Let me just say, the difference is immense. To me it doesn't play all that much faster. But my goodness are the shots to the right ramp and orbit massively, massively easier. And perhaps it's placebo but I feel like the extra slope is taking a little bit of speed off of my shots from the flipper and making slightly inaccurate shots work better because it takes a slight bit of the speed off.

Anyway, I feel like an idiot for leaving it as it was so long. I thought I just sucked at the game. And I understand that per the manual it is supposed to be at 6.5. But my goodness. All the other shots are easier for me too. Maybe I'm used to AfMr as such a high speed game so I feel more comfortable? I don't know. But it makes me very curious what other people have their playfield angles set to, because at least to me just a bit of angle changes has made the game play dramatically differently.

#4892 3 years ago

7° is the well known perfect angle. small changes can make a huge difference but always be aware of the placebo, which sometimes can be extreme
the bubble leveler from my experience sucks bad. why they even include those? on same games with same pitch they can be completely off. so they are not even calibrated to 6.5, even if this is not the perfect pitch for every game, so whats the purpose??

so pitch is very important, like left to right leveling and flipper adjustment. Other things often also can be tweaked and make a huge difference. like ball guides from orbits. i always see games where the ball goes right into the slings from the orbit feed. i have had this on GB, DP and TWD and was able to fix those easily with some slight bending or re-screwing... saves a lot of frustration. i love this process of "dialing games in".

#4893 3 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

So this may come across as obvious to most everyone here but just in case it helps someone I figured I'd post this evening. Ever since I got my JP2 Pro I've had it set up at what seemed like roughly 6.5 degrees. I got it close to that when I unboxed it according to the playfield bubble and it seemed to play well enough. I didn't have a precise digital level to make it exactly right, so I didn't worry about it. I didn't really want it to play faster... so I just left it.
Then the other night I had a particularly bad game, where I became extremely frustrated at my inability to hit the right ramp and orbit with any real consistency. I had one of these 'Do I just suck at pinball?' moments so decided to play a game on my other machine.
Which happens to be AfMr, and out of the box was apparently dead on right at 6.5 degrees. First game I played wasn't great, since Bally/Williams machines play so differently and it takes a little getting used to. Second game I got 10 bn and was a few hits away from destroying Mars. My best ever game was a 26 bn Rule the Universe (that I'm confident I'll never replicate) but nonetheless it reminded me that maybe I'm not that terrible at this.
At that point I remembered that I had ordered some stuff from Marco a little while back, and 'didn't I order a cheap digital leveler?'
Sure enough I had, and I found it. Test the playfield of the JP2 machine and it reads 6.3. I'm convinced that the playfield angle is too flat, and it's making the shots harder than they should be. So I pulled out the trusty harbor freight hydraulic lift I set it up with and spent some time dialing it in to right at 7.0. I figure I'll start there and dial it back if I don't like it.
Let me just say, the difference is immense. To me it doesn't play all that much faster. But my goodness are the shots to the right ramp and orbit massively, massively easier. And perhaps it's placebo but I feel like the extra slope is taking a little bit of speed off of my shots from the flipper and making slightly inaccurate shots work better because it takes a slight bit of the speed off.
Anyway, I feel like an idiot for leaving it as it was so long. I thought I just sucked at the game. And I understand that per the manual it is supposed to be at 6.5. But my goodness. All the other shots are easier for me too. Maybe I'm used to AfMr as such a high speed game so I feel more comfortable? I don't know. But it makes me very curious what other people have their playfield angles set to, because at least to me just a bit of angle changes has made the game play dramatically differently.

Yes Keith has indicated that JP2 has been designed for 7 degrees, so seems you've worked this out for yourself

#4894 3 years ago

Had something weird happen, and not sure if this is a bug or not.

I had T-Rex encounter ready, but can't recall if it times out because I did not hit it.

At the same time, I started Visitor's Center, and finished it. When I got back out to normal play, I bashed on the Jeep, and when I started the mode, it was T-Rex Chase!?!?

Is there away to miss Encounter, or even miss starting Museum Mayhem, and then you have to go back to earlier T-Rex events?

Sounds like something got mixed up here.

Maybe sk8ball can chime in.

#4895 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes Keith has indicated that JP2 has been designed for 7 degrees, so seems you've worked this out for yourself

Seriously?!? Man. I thought I had read that somewhere at some point, but then I pulled up the manual and it said 6.5 so I stuck with it. Why not put 7 degrees in the manual?!

Oh well. Such a more fun experience with it at 7. I can actually consistently progress modes, even smart missile / chaos, is a lot easier. I think It might put it in Escape from Nublar mode later and see how much better I can score...

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Now you are "obligated" to replace the toy raptor with a realistic one... you know... so they match.... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Challenge accepted and completed! Looks so good! Once the raptor plastic came out, the LED chip that back-lit it was exposed and would shine right in your eyes. To solve that nuance, I took a frosted globe from a bad LED GI lamp and Shoe Goo'd it over the chip. What a difference!

To attach it, I did something similar as you suggested for the Pteranodon (drill the toy, insert stiff wire, and attach it to a nearby post) since there was a post and nylon lock-nut right underneath it.

IMG_5721 (resized).JPGIMG_5721 (resized).JPG
#4897 3 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight:

Challenge accepted and completed! Looks so good! Once the raptor plastic came out, the LED chip that back-lit it was exposed and would shine right in your eyes. To solve that nuance, I took a frosted globe from a bad LED GI lamp and Shoe Goo'd it over the chip. What a difference!
To attach it, I did something similar as you suggested for the Pteranodon (drill the toy, insert stiff wire, and attach it to a nearby post) since there was a post and nylon lock-nut right underneath it.
[quoted image]

Where are the tower and raptor toy from? Looks great!!!

#4898 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Where are the tower and raptor toy from? Looks great!!!

Tower / raptor pit is mezel mods

You can get the dinos from Amazon/ebay. 10 bucks each. Modfather sells one for 45.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Tower / raptor pit is mezel mods
You can get the dinos from Amazon/ebay. 10 bucks each. Modfather sells one for 45.

Thanks

#4900 3 years ago

Just curious, does anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck at the top of the spitter lane? I removed the wire guard at the top and haven’t noticed any negatives as far as gameplay?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.99
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/98?hl=aetos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.