(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,327 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 427.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The only JP card in that thread is Nedry dying.

There is at least 23 Jurassic Park cards in that thread.

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:Sorry that I am flooding this thread guys. Just trying to help dress them up when we start getting them. Made some corrections to instruction cards and playing with the lettering and stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

could we get this card without the "PREMIUM EDITION" call out?

jp card (resized).jpgjp card (resized).jpg
#4753 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

There is at least 23 Jurassic Park cards in that thread.

I only looked at the Key posts and index. Guess those need some updating.

#4754 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the quiet fan from pinball life in their JP? I find the fan noise quite annoying so i am interested in hearing if others have had good success with the low dB fan. thanks

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Has anyone installed the quiet fan from pinball life in their JP? I find the fan noise quite annoying so i am interested in hearing if others have had good success with the low dB fan. thanks

Installed it. Took about 20 mins. Much quieter. It runs longer however because it cools less.

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Three machines in the same room were driving me up a wall; like fingernails on a blackboard. The plug-n-play kits were installed 10 months ago and I have been in heaven since. When a fourth machine arrived; I jumped on the horn for another kit. They are sanity savers.

#4757 4 years ago

Has anyone found a fix for the ball getting stuck in the raptor cage on a Pro? It is getting stuck on the one way gate and the post. I have seen other people having the same issue but no fixes.

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from hugepockets:

Has anyone found a fix for the ball getting stuck in the raptor cage on a Pro? It is getting stuck on the one way gate and the post. I have seen other people having the same issue but no fixes.

Just takes a little bending. Look at how the ball is getting stuck and then bend the gate to not allow it to settle there. I don't remember off the top of my head what direction to bend it, but it should be pretty obvious once you take a good look at it.

#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just takes a little bending. Look at how the ball is getting stuck and then bend the gate to not allow it to settle there. I don't remember off the top of my head what direction to bend it, but it should be pretty obvious once you take a good look at it.

Thank you. I will start bending.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#4760 4 years ago

Sorry if this is bad etiquette, but seemed like good place to look.
I have a fresh outta the box elvira, 120 lifetime plays. Looking to trade for like condition. JP so as I can join the club. Lmk thanks.

#4761 4 years ago
Quoted from hugepockets:

I put a slightly larger rubber on the post on the left side of the gate and it helped out and also bent the gate to the left a bit to close the gap where the ball settles. It helped a ton but on a few occasions it will still nuzzle there. I think I might need to bend it more but it’s almost impossible. Thoughts anyone?

#4762 4 years ago

This large decal was in the goodie bag. Anyone know if this is supposed to go on the game somewhere? Not sure why this was included....

EA16093D-A2A0-4A7A-B9DE-D17477C158E4 (resized).jpegEA16093D-A2A0-4A7A-B9DE-D17477C158E4 (resized).jpeg
#4763 4 years ago

Still getting this game dialed in and I wanted to ask about when the ball is leaving the control room. On mine, if the ball is caught by the up post and released I can usually catch it on the left flipper, but when it’s a fast shot up and comes back with some speed it ends up being a frantic attempt to prevent the ball from draining down the middle.

How does your game play? Should I start bending the ball guide a bit? Game is set to 7 degrees.

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Still getting this game dialed in and I wanted to ask about when the ball is leaving the control room. On mine, if the ball is caught by the up post and released I can usually catch it on the left flipper, but when it’s a fast shot up and comes back with some speed it ends up being a frantic attempt to prevent the ball from draining down the middle.
How does your game play? Should I start bending the ball guide a bit? Game is set to 7 degrees.

I’ve been playing around with a solution to this....

What I’ve found is, the last bend in the ball guide on the control room on mine was a little too sharp. I ended up putting a very narrow piece of painters tape in the crease to soften the transition out of the control room. It worked well and I ended up putting a very small (narrow) bit of mylar in the crease. The ball now travels along the left sling and can easily be caught by the left flipper.

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’ve been playing around with a solution to this....
What I’ve found is, the last bend in the ball guide on the control room on mine was a little too sharp. I ended up putting a very narrow piece of painters tape in the crease to soften the transition out of the control room. It worked well and I ended up putting a very small (narrow) bit of mylar in the crease. The ball now travels along the left sling and can easily be caught by the left flipper.

Just to be clear, mylar in the crease of the ball guide itself, not on the play field, correct? Photo when you get a chance? I will try this, thanks.

#4766 4 years ago

Does anyone have any info on when, if ever again, the $139 Stern Jurassic Park Shooter Knob kit will be available? Or if there is a list I can get on / preorder to get it.

I'm not really interested in any 3rd party variant, I think the design of the Stern one (with the lights shining on it and everything) is awesome and have wanted this kit since day 1.

That said, I have been putting it in my cart and trying to buy it probably every few days for the last few months and no dice. I'm pretty confident that if it ever does come back in stock I will miss it and be even more bummed.

Any info on how to get on a waiting list or when to look for it back in stock would be great, please PM me. Happy to prepay months in advance and wait if need be too.

#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Does anyone have any info on when, if ever again, the $139 Stern Jurassic Park Shooter Knob kit will be available? Or if there is a list I can get on / preorder to get it.
I'm not really interested in any 3rd party variant, I think the design of the Stern one (with the lights shining on it and everything) is awesome and have wanted this kit since day 1.
That said, I have been putting it in my cart and trying to buy it probably every few days for the last few months and no dice. I'm pretty confident that if it ever does come back in stock I will miss it and be even more bummed.
Any info on how to get on a waiting list or when to look for it back in stock would be great, please PM me. Happy to prepay months in advance and wait if need be too.

i ordered speakers for my new JP pro from flipper fidelity. the shooter rod was availible for "preorder". i added it to my shopping cart and paid for it with the speakers...sure enough one showed up with the speakers. thx FF!

#4768 4 years ago
Quoted from LTRAiN:

i ordered speakers for my new JP pro from flipper fidelity. the shooter rod was availible for "preorder". i added it to my shopping cart and paid for it with the speakers...sure enough one showed up with the speakers. thx FF!

Thanks for the tip. Just checked their site and the item is no longer listed unfortunately. I wonder if Stern has decided to never make them again? That's amazing that you got one... and now I'm thinking of getting speakers for my JP..

Are you happy with the speakers you got from them? I've been working on modding some of the sound files from JP using Pinball Browser, and I feel like if the speakers were better it would be that much more worth it (to mod in sounds from the original movie).

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Says "In-Stock" : https://www.classicgamerooms.com/pinball-parts/jurassic-park-shooter-knob-detail.html

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

I wonder if Stern has decided to never make them again?

Probably gave up after their attempt to pass a "plank with wings" as a bug failed...

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Probably gave up after their attempt to pass a "plank with wings" as a bug failed...

Hey bud! What do you mean dude? I don’t understand what you are referring to?

#4772 4 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Hey bud! What do you mean dude? I don’t understand what you are referring to?

The last batch of JP amber shooter rods had a bug or a fake bug, no one is quite sure. It was not a good looking whatever it was inside the amber handle

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The last batch of JP amber shooter rods had a bug or a fake bug, no one is quite sure. It was not a good looking whatever it was inside the amber handle

There seems to be two other options available currently, Mezel and another option I saw online today. Are people liking those options? I think I need one....

#4774 4 years ago

Heart still thumping after I just beat my previous high a few minutes ago while “taking a break from work” - so close to 1B! (this was my first time over 700M after 6 months)
Wild T-Rex multiball, first time I’ve ever hit every jackpot in order and then also hit the mega jackpot (was off a ~2.25M base jackpot)

CAF53D1F-31A3-437D-B319-CD96B2335384 (resized).jpegCAF53D1F-31A3-437D-B319-CD96B2335384 (resized).jpeg948F00C0-1A38-4168-9795-1C2AFB004874 (resized).jpeg948F00C0-1A38-4168-9795-1C2AFB004874 (resized).jpeg
#4775 4 years ago

It’s not. It’s back ordered. (I tried last week)

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

There seems to be two other options available currently, Mezel and another option I saw online today. Are people liking those options? I think I need one....

You should definitely get one buddy

#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Heart still thumping after I just beat my previous high a few minutes ago while “taking a break from work” - so close to 1B! (this was my first time over 700M after 6 months)
Wild T-Rex multiball, first time I’ve ever hit every jackpot in order and then also hit the mega jackpot (was off a ~2.25M base jackpot)[quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing better than that feeling! Nice job

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just to be clear, mylar in the crease of the ball guide itself, not on the play field, correct? Photo when you get a chance? I will try this, thanks.

Tested it with painters tape then used mylar same spot same size piece.

A6C75453-F69D-48F3-8A0E-AEC583C68AAD (resized).jpegA6C75453-F69D-48F3-8A0E-AEC583C68AAD (resized).jpeg

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Thanks for the tip. Just checked their site and the item is no longer listed unfortunately. I wonder if Stern has decided to never make them again? That's amazing that you got one... and now I'm thinking of getting speakers for my JP..
Are you happy with the speakers you got from them? I've been working on modding some of the sound files from JP using Pinball Browser, and I feel like if the speakers were better it would be that much more worth it (to mod in sounds from the original movie).

i have them for all of my games so i'm a bit of a fanboy. have not heard stern stock as i put them in day one so not sure about delta in sound quality. the sound is good. clear, rich, and deep. FF sub must have weighed 4x what stock sub weighed. bigger diameter too. they are kinda expensive but i dont think you would be disappointed if SQ is important to you.

#4780 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Heart still thumping after I just beat my previous high a few minutes ago while “taking a break from work”

"While taking a break form work" - love it!!! So how long was this break??

Btw congrats on the great score. Gotta crack the 1B now! (I'm a long, long way from doing this)

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

"While taking a break form work" - love it!!! So how long was this break??
Btw congrats on the great score. Gotta crack the 1B now! (I'm a long, long way from doing this)

Surprisingly it was only about a 15-20 minute game. The score came quickly thanks to the T-Rex MB (291M), Raptor MB (~150M), and Chaos MB (?) being big scorers. I actually only made it to the t-rex paddock and sadly that's where my adventure ended. I still have never made it to any of the mini or actual wizard modes yet which is just another reason that this game is going to have serious staying power!

#4782 4 years ago

Just installed the pinball monk silent fan mod for this game and it makes a huge difference, with a frustrating install and test (for a good reason). Instructions were straight forward, and completed in about 20 minutes with minimal tools. The only odd thing was the removal of some silicon glue within the power unit. The only frustrating part was the last step. Play the machine for an hour and make sure the fan is coming on. I played for about an hour and several games and was getting really stressed because I the fan wasn't coming on... or I thought it wasn't because I couldn't hear it! Only by putting a small strip of paper on it could I tell it was on while I was playing and the difference is night and day. I'd 100% recommend this cheap mod for any Spike2 machine so you don't ahve to listen to the loud fan.

#4783 4 years ago

Watched online streams last night of Iron Maiden and I learned that machine has a light that flashes by the upper right flipper to indicate that combos are active. Anyone know if Keith put something like that on Jurassic Park also? I haven't noticed one but I might have missed it. Seems like it would be nice to have something like that on a flasher or some other insert if isn't already there.

#4784 4 years ago

Anyone have a fix for the jeep sticking? Mine has started acting up recently. Ive checked level and wiped down all the parts.

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from Gahendo:

Anyone have a fix for the jeep sticking? Mine has started acting up recently. Ive checked level and wiped down all the parts.

Yes. Man, we need to make this one a key post. Easy solution. Basically, raise the playfield, find the jeep mech underneath. Locate the single Allen screw that holds the post to the jeep in place. Loosen screw, carefully, carefully, remove jeep assembly. There will be some nylon washers and such. Pay attention to the order they are in. Once out, remove the washers, wipe everything down thoroughly. Next apply a tiny, and I mean tiny coat of a 100% pure silicone lubricant on the jeep shaft and the nylon washers. DO NOT use wd40 or some type of grease. 100% silicone based lube only. Reassemble the mech leaving just a bit of up and down play in the jeep post. Problem solved. Sounds tough, but it's a 30 minute job, tops.

#4786 4 years ago

Use this stuff

Screenshot_20200423-225521_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200423-225521_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4787 4 years ago

Hoping someone with a pro can help. I was changing my post rubbers to superbands and I forget where the 2 black spacers go. See pic. I couldn’t find a diagram in the manual. Can anyone help? Pic would be ideal!

6B65D179-7560-43DD-9BD6-728DF687C97E (resized).jpeg6B65D179-7560-43DD-9BD6-728DF687C97E (resized).jpeg
#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Hoping someone with a pro can help. I was changing my post rubbers to superbands and I forget where the 2 black spacers go. See pic. I couldn’t find a diagram in the manual. Can anyone help? Pic would be ideal![quoted image]

hey man, they go directly under the clear plastic, hope this helps

IMG_4847 (resized).jpgIMG_4847 (resized).jpg
#4789 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

hey man, they go directly under the clear plastic, hope this helps[quoted image]

Thanks so much.. is that 1 on each side of ramp? Or both on the right? Sorry for being a pain.
Much appreciated on the assist!

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Thanks so much.. is that 1 on each side of ramp? Or both on the right? Sorry for being a pain.

One on each side.

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

no pain at all. as Aquapin stated, one on each

#4792 4 years ago

Premiums are out of stock everywhere. Stern might not open this summer. Bummer.

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Premiums are out of stock everywhere. Stern might not open this summer. Bummer.

classicgamerooms has a few left in stock.

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

classicgamerooms has a few left in stock.

Thanks dude

#4795 4 years ago

Is there a front to back adjustment for the raptor pen gate? Mine hangs up slight at one corner enough for the ball to not exit when the gate goes down.

#4796 4 years ago

I just called them, they don't have any :[

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Did you try them through eBay? I know they sell via eBay cause that’s hows I got mine a while back. Not sure if they separate their store inventory from their eBay inventory. Because I’m currently in talks with them for a pin that they’re not advertising on eBay.

#4798 4 years ago

I had my distributor look around for me a couple weeks ago. He had a hard time tracking down a NIB premium, but found one. Not sure where he got it from but they said it was thier last one and even marked up a few extra hundred.

Will be here Monday. Looking forward to joing the fun.

#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Ok no problem. Thanks for telling me I hadn’t called yet. I can wait it’s 7k not spent

#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Did you try them through eBay? I know they sell via eBay cause that’s hows I got mine a while back. Not sure if they separate their store inventory from their eBay inventory. Because I’m currently in talks with them for a pin that they’re not advertising on eBay.

I did not try them through ebay, though I do see they have some listed there. The only downside now is that ebay charges tax, so that makes the game quite a bit more expensive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,999.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

There are 21,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.