(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 427.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

My premium, built 3/20/20, had a spinner that wasn't registering. I bent the spinner wire to get it to push further on the switch leaf, but no luck. I could have bent it more, but didn't want to mess up a smooth spin.
I Took it out and bent the leaf. Works great now. I probably could have done this without removing the switch, but removing it wasn't too bad, and allowed for precision bending. This technique also filled up some unemployment time. There was no screw that could be adjusted as mentioned in post 3324. Loving the spitter sound effect now![quoted image]

btw...the entire switch can move & adjust with the 2 black screws. Adjusting/bending the arm isn't ideal, since those switches are really fragile.

#4702 4 years ago

I think the upgraded raptor pit adds as much or more to the game as the T-rex.
The T-rex definitely wins on cool factor and is an awesome toy but for playability the raptor pit is the big difference maker.

#4703 4 years ago

looks like LOTR is going to edge out JP in the top 4 best voting. Not sure how because LOTR got old very quickly for me and JP is still rocking.

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

btw...the entire switch can move & adjust with the 2 black screws. Adjusting/bending the arm isn't ideal, since those switches are really fragile.

I couldn't find anything about that adjustment in the forums. What do the two screws do? Looked to me like the screws just held the switch together.

#4705 4 years ago

Quarantine Jurassic Park pinball party in style

166490E6-0006-4811-9314-5B2149263D57 (resized).jpeg166490E6-0006-4811-9314-5B2149263D57 (resized).jpeg
#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

looks like LOTR is going to edge out JP in the top 4 best voting. Not sure how because LOTR got old very quickly for me and JP is still rocking.

Where can I vote??

#4709 4 years ago

Let's go people...I owned LOTR for eight years and JP deserves to win this one!

#4710 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Let's go people...I owned LOTR for eight years and JP deserves to win this one!

That’s the precise problem. JP2 hasn’t had enough time to get exposure so the scale will be in favor of the games people have more experience with.

#4711 4 years ago

Replay at 144,300,000 then after the next game played it’s Replay at 288,600,000 and then back down to 144 and so on. What gives? (Code is current V1.01.0)

6E6ABC91-3921-4575-BB47-0E113B26EA7A (resized).jpeg6E6ABC91-3921-4575-BB47-0E113B26EA7A (resized).jpeg947EF1C8-E18A-4107-A1EE-14076287FB84 (resized).jpeg947EF1C8-E18A-4107-A1EE-14076287FB84 (resized).jpeg
#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

In The club[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where do you get speaker mount adapters?

#4713 4 years ago

Guys get your jp vote in! Bored of the rings is still winning but it's really tight!

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Replay at 144,300,000 then after the next game played it’s Replay at 288,600,000 and then back down to 144 and so on. What gives? (Code is current V1.01.0)[quoted image][quoted image]

Replay boost is set to ON or AUTO. It's in the adjustments. Set it to off and it won't change the replay score.

#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I couldn't find anything about that adjustment in the forums. What do the two screws do? Looked to me like the screws just held the switch together.

On many games I've worked on, microswitches have "play" and can be moved/adjusted without bending the switch arm. In this case, it's unclear how much movement can be achieved (I didn't try, and this mech isn't even mentioned in the Stern manual).

I think I see the problem with yours (comparing it to my 2 JP Premiums). I recently had to fix one of mine. If you look at my photo below and compare it with yours, it appears your spinner arm isn't bent/calibrated properly (resulting in it not making proper contact with the switch arm).
IMG_1419 (resized).jpegIMG_1419 (resized).jpeg

#4716 4 years ago

JP2 just took the lead over LOTR!

#4718 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That poll never included Iron Maiden and is therefore null and void lol.

Well, it did make it to round 3...and losing to Williams IJ is nothing to be ashamed of.

#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well, it did make it to round 3...and losing to Williams IJ is nothing to be ashamed of.

Yes it is. Williams IJ is B-list at best. JP2 is A++.

#4720 4 years ago

#4721 4 years ago

That I agree with.

#4722 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I wouldn't go quite as far as calling IJ b-list (not my favorite, but I can't deny most love it), I was very surprised to see it beat Maiden. I thought Maiden would destroy it honestly.

As for this matchup...JP has to take it. No contest in my opinion.

#4723 4 years ago

Anybody have a Mezel's Raptor Lookout Tower Mod they are willing to sell? If so hit me up, I'll try to make it worth your while.

My JP Premium shipped a couple days ago. Looking forward to joining the club.

#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

+1

#4725 4 years ago

Does anyone have a fix for the raptor
Pin mine keeps getting stuck . The top is kind of crooked so it gets trapped in that corner I tried adjusting under neath play field but everything feels
Tightly screwed

AFA7E999-CE72-4CFB-B07F-8BFBBB5DBD02 (resized).jpegAFA7E999-CE72-4CFB-B07F-8BFBBB5DBD02 (resized).jpegC3BFB405-4146-4D65-AA12-3E98833FA056 (resized).jpegC3BFB405-4146-4D65-AA12-3E98833FA056 (resized).jpeg
#4726 4 years ago

Starting to get most of the shots. The "o" is still narrow as heck, but I find i get it faster just keep playing then if i juggle the ball aiming for it.
The left ramp from The upper Flipper still feels clunky, but is doable, if the ball is moving at moderate speed.

I find myself having a Hard time breaking over the 500mill score, but it feels so dependent on Multiball management.
Has to work on that.
A fun little game for sure.

#4727 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have a fix for the raptor
Pin mine keeps getting stuck . The top is kind of crooked so it gets trapped in that corner I tried adjusting under neath play field but everything feels
Tightly screwed[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a JP2 that had the same defect...gate installed too close to the PF and would catch/stick. Really unfortunate that the mech can't be adjusted to center with the PF slot.

I unscrewed it and moved it ever so slightly. Not perfectly centered, but not catching. If you have the appropriate tools, you could try and expand the holes in the bracket so you can move it around.

Good luck...a bummer these are being installed in the wrong location!

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have a JP2 that had the same defect...gate installed too close to the PF and would catch/stick. Really unfortunate that the mech can't be adjusted to center with the PF slot.
I unscrewed it and moved it ever so slightly. Not perfectly centered, but not catching. If you have the appropriate tools, you could try and expand the holes in the bracket so you can move it around.

Thanks for the info . Man sounds complicated I’ll reach out to stern and see if they can send me some sort of replacement first.

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from Maleko:

Where do you get speaker mount adapters?

My friend did them
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3716733

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the info . Man sounds complicated I’ll reach out to stern and see if they can send me some sort of replacement first.

Unless they've modified the part, a replacement won't fix it.

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Try this fix, posted in the LE/Prem thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/53#post-5300605

#4732 4 years ago

Thanks for finding Yancy's fix. I like his fix...just unfortunate that many of us are dealing with this issue.

Modifying the metal bracket with a dremel isn't a trivial fix for many owners. I'd much prefer Stern revise the bracket to accommodate minor adjustments (and address it with a service bulletin). Just a shame when folks are paying up for a couple Premium features and then have to deal with fallout when they don't work.

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for finding Yancy's fix. I like his fix...just unfortunate that many of us are dealing with this issue.
Modifying the metal bracket with a dremel isn't a trivial fix for many owners. I'd much prefer Stern revise the bracket to accommodate minor adjustments (and address it with a service bulletin). Just a shame when folks are paying up for a couple Premium features and then have to deal with fallout when they don't work.

Thanks for the post and link awesome
Work . Hate to talk bad about stern but that’s kind of dumb. The one of the few motorized parts on the machine and they didn’t check it ? No quality control ? I guess what do I expect my topper r2d2 had to be sent back to them for adjustment and the Jurassic park shooter rod instructions suck . Now I have to take A dremmel to a new pinball machine . I know it’s not proper to complain but I’m done With stern nib,
Too much hassles

#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the post and link awesome
Work . Hate to talk bad about stern but that’s kind of dumb. The one of the few motorized parts on the machine and they didn’t check it ? No quality control ? I guess what do I expect my topper r2d2 had to be sent back to them for adjustment and the Jurassic park shooter rod instructions suck . Now I have to take A dremmel to a new pinball machine . I know it’s not proper to complain but I’m done With stern nib,
Too much hassles

IMO Stern needs to hear this!

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

IMO Stern needs to hear this!

I can't speak for others, but I emailed Chas @ Stern on 12/13/19 (and cc'd Pat and Keith).

At the time, Chas said he "wasn't aware this was a problem". It's clear they haven't corrected the problem since it still comes up with more recently produced machines. They either have to nail the location on the PF or make the mech adjustable.

#4736 4 years ago

Just browsing, but can’t seem to find an image of the underside of the entire playfield anywhere on this thread!

Anyone want to be the 1st to show it???

I appreciate you’re all far too happy actually playing your lovely new machines...

I’d like a Premium, just curious how much tech is packed into it.

#4738 4 years ago

Come on people! Just had my wife sign up for Pinside to vote. BTW, it was her idea to get JP premium, so it’s legit.

#4739 4 years ago

Voting ends in 1 hour!!!

Close race - your vote counts!!

#4741 4 years ago

We all voted!!

#4742 4 years ago

Crap, we are tied and need a few votes!

#4743 4 years ago

Despite absolutely loving my JP Premium, I'm afraid I had to vote for MM. I've had MM in one form or another (MMR) in my collection for 21 years. It's nowadays literally the oldest continuous title in my collection which speaks volumes to me. I own 3 out of 4 of the titles in the contest and owned LOTR for 3 years so I've nearly got a foot in all camps.

#4744 4 years ago

But JP was facing LOTR, not MM...
oh well

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

But JP was facing LOTR, not MM...
oh well

Yeah I did just vote when I posted I'd voted the day before

#4746 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to some good printable instructions cards for Jurassic Park? I can find all sorts of data east examples online but other than a plain logo can find nothing to replace the pricing card. I had good luck with my TSPP and want to do the same for this beauty.

#4747 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyone have a link to some good printable instructions cards for Jurassic Park? I can find all sorts of data east examples online but other than a plain logo can find nothing to replace the pricing card. I had good luck with my TSPP and want to do the same for this beauty.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

#4748 4 years ago

The only JP card in that thread is Nedry dying.

Anyone have a link to some good printable instructions cards for Jurassic Park?

If you look through the image gallery of this thread there are several options.

#4749 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The only JP card in that thread is Nedry dying.

If you look through the image gallery of this thread there are several options.

Thanks!20200419_112602 (resized).jpg20200419_112602 (resized).jpg

20200419_112227 (resized).jpg20200419_112227 (resized).jpg
#4750 4 years ago

1AF925B8-43D5-49FE-B466-3B692CA8A29E (resized).jpeg1AF925B8-43D5-49FE-B466-3B692CA8A29E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

12,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/95?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.