(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 427.
#4651 4 years ago

Ok here we go.
I have photos of the screw from the game next to the one Bally/Williams used on all their games.
And a photo with it installed.
Here are the results.
Is it better then the rounded top with ball clearance?
Yes, but just slightly.
No matter how tight you screw it down it will only go so far because no counter sink.
The ball still clips it but just barely.
However you have to put it so tight that it causes the ramp flap to pop up a bit on the other end.
I have now gone back to original screw.
This hole really screams for a counter sunk hole but we have no choice but to play the cards we were delt.
4DE72C36-065A-4577-86EF-80E5C647E15C (resized).jpeg4DE72C36-065A-4577-86EF-80E5C647E15C (resized).jpeg1E06A140-38F4-41D0-8516-41B42506866F (resized).jpeg1E06A140-38F4-41D0-8516-41B42506866F (resized).jpeg

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

More then likely these.
Have not tried them yet but I have plenty on hand.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ramp-screw.html
I will try one today and report back for everyone.

I've tried a very similar screw and it didn't work (since the screw requires clearance on the PF).

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've tried a very similar screw and it didn't work (since the screw requires clearance on the PF).

A pancake head screw is flat where it meets the surface its being screwed into and would make a better choice although it may still be a bit too high but better.

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

A pancake head screw is flat where it meets the surface its being screwed into and would make a better choice although it may still be a bit too high but better.

Agree.
That is the only type I had on hand to test out.

#4655 4 years ago

thanks for summary..sounds like sanding/grinding down original minimizes ball contact area best.

that stand-up target looks beat already...is that just a decal? how many games are you in?

Quoted from Arcade:

Ok here we go.
I have photos of the screw from the game next to the one Bally/Williams used on all their games.
And a photo with it installed.
Here are the results.
Is it better then the rounded top with ball clearance?
Yes, but just slightly.
No matter how tight you screw it down it will only go so far because no counter sink.
The ball still clips it but just barely.
However you have to put it so tight that it causes the ramp flap to pop up a bit on the other end.
I have now gone back to original screw.
This hole really screams for a counter sunk hole but we have no choice but to play the cards we were delt.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Agree.
That is the only type I had on hand to test out.

Yours looks like a counter sink flat head to me.

#4657 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Invalid Frenzy isn't a requirement for Nublar so no.
To get to Nublar you need to start Visitors Center, Museum Meyham, and Secure Control Room.

Ah yes, duh.
I was on the sauce and confused it with SC.
Thanks

#4658 4 years ago

Hey folks,

I have a wonky spinner on one of my JP's (first photo). I've owned quite a few games over the years and have never dealt with this.

I checked the manual, and this mech isn't listed.

Question: Any experience with getting the wireform adjusted properly? I tried fiddling, and nothing was working.

Thanks for any advice!

IMG_1412 (resized).jpegIMG_1412 (resized).jpegIMG_9482 (resized).jpegIMG_9482 (resized).jpeg
#4659 4 years ago

Just push the spinner wire through to the next bend, your on the outer one which is causing the gate to lift

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#4660 4 years ago

Man do I love invalid frenzy. Such a fun multiball!

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just push the spinner wire through to the next bend, your on the outer one which is causing the gate to lift[quoted image]

It also looks like you need to straighten up the main spinner bracket. You can easily see someone has bowed it down in the middle...which has cause the main support on each side (where each hole is for the spinner wire goes through) is spread out to far from each other.

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It also looks like you need to straighten up the main spinner bracket. You can easily see someone has bowed it down in the middle...which has cause the main support on each side (where each hole is for the spinner wire goes through) is spread out to far from each other.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Just push the spinner wire through to the next bend, your on the outer one which is causing the gate to lift[quoted image]

Thanks for the responses. I could see both the of the things you guys are pointing out...my problem has been pushing the spinner wire through to the next bend hasn't worked despite much fiddling. I guess I need to take the mech off entirely to fix it up...hopefully it's not that big a deal to remove.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey folks,
I have a wonky spinner on one of my JP's (first photo). I've owned quite a few games over the years and have never dealt with this.
I checked the manual, and this mech isn't listed.
Question: Any experience with getting the wireform adjusted properly? I tried fiddling, and nothing was working.
Thanks for any advice![quoted image][quoted image]

Aside from the warping, it looks like the leaf switch is on the wrong side of the spinner arm. The arm on the spinner should be above the leaf switch and pushes it down while spinning. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks that way from you pics.

#4664 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Aside from the warping, it looks like the leaf switch is on the wrong side of the spinner arm. The arm on the spinner should be above the leaf switch and pushes it down while spinning. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks that way from you pics.

Understood...that's what finally alerted me to fix it...since the right prong wasn't covering the switch properly, the switch would wiggle out of it's correct location.

Once the spinner mech was taken off the PF (which was a minor PITA), fixing it was trivial. Whoever fiddled with this most likely tried to adjust it without removing it (which led to it failing). Who knows...

Works great now

#4665 4 years ago

I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is more goat!

29B17CAE-A3F0-4660-B8E4-EC45A50D7C9E (resized).jpeg29B17CAE-A3F0-4660-B8E4-EC45A50D7C9E (resized).jpeg
#4666 4 years ago

I made another easy but IMO important tweak, I bent the wire ball guide in a bit at the control room lane, now the ball rattles less and hits the target more often. This along with repositioning the ball guide by upper flipper on the Helicopter ramp has a made a marked improvement in shot completions.
20200413_195133 (resized).jpg20200413_195133 (resized).jpg

#4667 4 years ago

Help please. This weekend I installed a set of pinstadiums and additional trough lighting. Just realized that now whenever I hold down both flippers, the lower right GI turns off. This is the same place where I have the trough lighting tied into. My guess is that somehow I am overloading the circuit, but this being my first pin, I’m unsure (other than removing these mods) how to fix it. I also notice the flippers will now sporadically loose power during my game. Any suggestions how I can troubleshoot this? Has anyone experienced something like this before?

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Help please. This weekend I installed a set of pinstadiums and additional trough lighting. Just realized that now whenever I hold down both flippers, the lower right GI turns off. This is the same place where I have the trough lighting tied into. My guess is that somehow I am overloading the circuit, but this being my first pin, I’m unsure (other than removing these mods) how to fix it. I also notice the flippers will now sporadically loose power during my game. Any suggestions how I can troubleshoot this? Has anyone experienced something like this before?

I would start by unhooking the trough lighting connection and see if the problem goes away. If so, then connect elsewhere.

#4669 4 years ago

put in a real amber for the amber shot drilled a small hole underneath and tyed it into the amber light

226EB3E0-073B-47FB-8998-2B2D2BDAD623 (resized).jpeg226EB3E0-073B-47FB-8998-2B2D2BDAD623 (resized).jpeg
#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hey guys,
Been combing through gameplay videos to try and answer my own question but haven't turned anything useful up. On a soft plunge, is the ball supposed to bounce off the rubber beneath the helicopter and go straight into the left slingshot or do I need to adjust something? It does this 100% of the time on soft plunges and helipad shots that don't make it all the way up. Punishing the whiffed shot makes sense, but I don't see how half the secret skillshots are possible if it's intentional. As you can see, the rubber definitely sticks out way past the lane guide.[quoted image]

Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes the bounce off the rubber is by design.

EaglePin I'm curious, did you actually check with someone on the Stern design team? Keith?

Ever since Insanity_Falls mentioned this, I'm more annoyed by it.

#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I would start by unhooking the trough lighting connection and see if the problem goes away. If so, then connect elsewhere.

Ok it is still happening. I de-installed the pinstadiums and the trough LEDs. When I power on the game the lower right GI (under the right sling)will turn on maybe 25% of the time. Now when I start a new game, the lower right GI is turning off. Is this indicative of a loose connection somewhere, or did I mess something up during the install of the mods? Thanks for any suggestions.

#4672 4 years ago

Ok it is still happening. I de-installed the pinstadiums and the trough LEDs. When I power on the game the lower right GI (under the right sling)will turn on maybe 25% of the time. Now when I start a new game, the lower right GI is turning off. Is this indicative of a loose connection somewhere, or did I mess something up during the install of the mods? Thanks for any suggestions.

If it's just the bulb under the sling, yes, most likely a bad socket. I have read that the sockets below the slings can be troublesome. Mine havnt had any issues, but I have seen many who did. I believe it's a wedge base bulb. You could try pinching the contacts in the socket together a bit to tighten the connection.

Edit: BTW, it's not a problem unique to JP, it's an issue on many newer sterns.

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If it's just the bulb under the sling, yes, most likely a bad socket. I have read that the sockets below the slings can be troublesome. Mine havnt had any issues, but I have seen many who did. I believe it's a wedge base bulb. You could try pinching the contacts in the socket together a bit to tighten the connection.
Edit: BTW, it's not a problem unique to JP, it's an issue on many newer sterns.

Thanks. I think you are onto something. I raised the playfield and did a GI test one of the times that the lower right GI was working. I noticed that there are 2 bulbs under the plastic between the inlanes and outlanes that were flickering due to what I guess is a loose connection. I was able to work my fingers in there and just touching them made the flickering stop. Certainly seems connected to this issue because now double flipping isn't causing the GI to turn off. Unfortunately these bulb sockets are directly under the flipper assemblies. Will I need to disassemble those to tighten these bulb connections?

Thanks again. This is the first issue I have had with the game. Glad to know the community has my back

#4674 4 years ago

Ever since busterfriendly mentioned this, I'm more annoyed by it.

I’d like to look at buster’s picture. Can you tell me which page it’s on?

#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

eaglepin I'm curious, did you actually check with someone on the Stern design team? Keith?
Ever since busterfriendly mentioned this, I'm more annoyed by it.

Sorry, when I said by design I meant mine arrived that way so that's the way it came from the factory on mine. I have no idea if they're assembling it the way Keith intended.

#4676 4 years ago

Thanks. I think you are onto something. I raised the playfield and did a GI test one of the times that the lower right GI was working. I noticed that there are 2 bulbs under the plastic between the inlanes and outlanes that were flickering due to what I guess is a loose connection. I was able to work my fingers in there and just touching them made the flickering stop. Certainly seems connected to this issue because now double flipping isn't causing the GI to turn off. Unfortunately these bulb sockets are directly under the flipper assemblies. Will I need to disassemble those to tighten these bulb connections?
Thanks again. This is the first issue I have had with the game. Glad to know the community has my back

The flipper assembly should unbolt in one big piece once you've loosened/removed the flipper itself. It's not difficult. Take a few pictures first if you need to.

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Once the spinner mech was taken off the PF (which was a minor PITA)

Glad you got it working! I imagine getting to the screws to take it off was really tricky if you don't have one of those bendable screwdriver attachments!

#4678 4 years ago

This quarantine is great for my JP scores...

Tk62zFvQRT+Fcr6ZpIHoMA (resized).jpgTk62zFvQRT+Fcr6ZpIHoMA (resized).jpg
#4679 4 years ago

I have a question about the sound on this game. I’ve noticed a faint buzz or distortion in the mix in a few places. The one that is the most distracting is the “horns section” that plays as the main music during play accompanied by drums, after the JP theme. I’ve also noticed Nedrys call outs during attract mode sound super hollow or in a tunnel or something. Have I maybe messed with some settings? Anyone else notice either of these? I’m on code 1.00

#4680 4 years ago

Anyone else having an issue with the auto-launch not being able to get the ball up the reverse ramp?

Did you just adjust that in settings?

#4681 4 years ago

Is the general consensus with JP to go premium? Both seem like fabulous games, but that moving TRex is super cool. I'm turning 30 next month and heavily considering pulling the trigger on a NIB Prem as a bday gift while they're still in stock (at some places). Probably not the smartest move during a pandemic, but meh.

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Is the general consensus with JP to go premium? Both seem like fabulous games, but that moving TRex is super cool. I'm turning 30 next month and heavily considering pulling the trigger on a NIB Prem as a bday gift while they're still in stock (at some places). Probably not the smartest move during a pandemic, but meh.

General consensus is to go with the Prem; however, I have a Prem, and could live with a Pro here; the layout is identical; and that's really the draw of the game. Given the pandemic, maybe go Pro with a shaker and save some $$

#4683 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Pros can be had for $5600 with free shipping new in box. Same game minus the moving T-rex, Moving raptor gate, and goofy spinning chopper blades. So, the question is, is the extra $1500 (roughly) worth it to you. It sure wasnt to me. If you have the expendable cash, and really want it, its probably the coolest moving mech in pinball though.

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Anyone else having an issue with the auto-launch not being able to get the ball up the reverse ramp?
Did you just adjust that in settings?

Lots of folks had this issue. Lots of suggestions to fix it. Easiest is to remove the screw from the left side of the "fork" to the metal ramp, and put a thin washer under it to raise that side ever so slightly. Seems to work pretty well. I forget which post it was. Check out the thread photos. I'm sure theres pics there.

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

General consensus is to go with the Prem; however, I have a Prem, and could live with a Pro here; the layout is identical; and that's really the draw of the game. Given the pandemic, maybe go Pro with a shaker and save some $$

This is really interesting. I'm also talking to a friend who owns a premium and he's recommending the pro... I was not expecting that.

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

This is really interesting. I'm also talking to a friend who owns a premium and he's recommending the pro... I was not expecting that.

Raptor pit and moving T-Rex are worth it I think. But, if you can only afford a pro you can't go wrong there either.

Rob

#4687 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Some folks are having to constantly tinker with the Trex mechanism to keep it operating properly. Some folks are having zero issues with it. If your friend is one of the people having issues, that's probably a big reason behind his recommending the pro.

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Premium here, can’t imagine the game without the T-Rex grabbing the ball. Never had a problem with the T-Rex. Launch ramp on the other hand...still getting that one to work smooth.

#4689 4 years ago

If the pro would allow you to skip the T-Rex multi-ball annimation then I'd say Pro all day long... but since it holds the ball for what I suspect is as long as it takes for the dinosaur to eat the ball and throw it back you aren't missing much flow by going premium. Maybe there is a setting I can disable to turn off the up-post at the start T-Tex multi-ball.

Much like the sarcophagus in IMDN on the premium, it was fun for the first little while of ownership but now I wish it would just put the ball back in play so I could keep playing. Quit holding on to my balls!

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

If the pro would allow you to skip the T-Rex multi-ball annimation then I'd say Pro all day long... but since it holds the ball for what I suspect is as long as it takes for the dinosaur to eat the ball and throw it back you aren't missing much flow by going premium. Maybe there is a setting I can disable to turn off the up-post at the start T-Tex multi-ball.
Much like the sarcophagus in IMDN on the premium, it was fun for the first little while of ownership but now I wish it would just put the ball back in play so I could keep playing. Quit holding on to my balls!

Have you tried hitting both flippers while it's holding the ball? On my premium any time a ball is being held by a post all I have to do is hit both flippers to have it released early.

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

That is interesting...I have the premium... and I've had to do A LOT of tweaking on my T-Rex...and I would still recommend the premium. It's a pretty sweet feature when it's working. Plus I think the raptor gate and helicopter blades are pretty cool.

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That is interesting...I have the premium... and I've had to do A LOT of tweaking on my T-Rex...and I would still recommend the premium. It's a pretty sweet feature when it's working. Plus I think the raptor gate and helicopter blades are pretty cool.

So the heli blades I'm completely indifferent about. Do they actually do anything in terms of gameplay? I do think the raptor cage turning into a bash toy is pretty neat though. I've played both the pro and prem and had a blast with both so I don't think either is a bad move for me. I certainly wasn't expecting a premium owner to recommend the pro though.

#4693 4 years ago

Loving the premium.

#4694 4 years ago

The T-Rex adds a whole extra level of interaction...now is worth the extra cash? I thought the moving T-Rex was and is worth it so I went with the premium. The Raptor gate is also pretty fun to lock your ball and bash it. The pro is a great game no doubt, but if you can add a little extra spice to a great game then it’s just more of a complete package.

#4695 4 years ago

decided on a purchasing a pro today. i was considering the premium but money is money and i haven't had a 3 flipper stern since sharkeys shootout. looking forward to a non typical shooter layout from stern this time around.

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Have you tried hitting both flippers while it's holding the ball? On my premium any time a ball is being held by a post all I have to do is hit both flippers to have it released early.

Works for the paddock selection, kind of, I'd like it to kill the post altogether before the ball get's to the post... but on T-Rex all the mashing of both buttons won't kill that animation or get the post down.

#4697 4 years ago

This is one of the greatest games of all time, just like Newman saids "dont go cheap on me" I would go LE/Premium all day long, I couldn't imagine owning a pro version of this game. The T-rex alone is worth the extra money, plus I love the sound of the helicopter blades as they spin.

#4698 4 years ago

Just ordered a Pro. I should be a member of this club tomorrow or Friday! Super pumped here.

#4699 4 years ago

My premium, built 3/20/20, had a spinner that wasn't registering. I bent the spinner wire to get it to push further on the switch leaf, but no luck. I could have bent it more, but didn't want to mess up a smooth spin.

I Took it out and bent the leaf. Works great now. I probably could have done this without removing the switch, but removing it wasn't too bad, and allowed for precision bending. This technique also filled up some unemployment time. There was no screw that could be adjusted as mentioned in post 3324. Loving the spitter sound effect now!

20200408_184817 (resized).jpg20200408_184817 (resized).jpg
#4700 4 years ago

I had to tweak my TRex a little - adjusted center - adjusted height (loosen mech from behind) - and did the tape trick on the ramp before the revised part became available. Since dialing it in, I haven’t touched it once.

The TRex is one of the best mechs/toys/features in pinball I’ve ever seen. I’ve played a pro and they play fine but that TRex.... it’s a must have imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/94?hl=ltrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.