(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 427.
#4601 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Now you are "obligated" to replace the toy raptor with a realistic one... you know... so they match.... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ll take one! Please

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

They are on Amazon for about $9
Just search Papo Pteranodon
Here is the link if it works.
amazon.com link »
Here is ours I posted in the Premium thread. It is a must have mod. Really finishes that side of the playfield off and fits perfectly.
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#4603 4 years ago

To anyone who has removed the truck, can you confirm that the hex holding the post in place is 3/32"?

Mine has been getting a little sluggish and I wanted to give it a cleaning. I have 3 different allen sets, but naturally all of them are in mm and neither 2 or 2.5 works.

#4604 4 years ago

Shout out to the U launch ramp. Lifted the playfield but forgot to pull the balls. Heard my mistake as the balls started clanging out, but fortunately they all just collected in the ramp and didn't destroy anything.

#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Shout out to the U launch ramp. Lifted the playfield but forgot to pull the balls. Heard my mistake as the balls started clanging out, but fortunately they all just collected in the ramp and didn't destroy anything.

33ECBDB1-EE33-4BCA-B351-4E6B45141913 (resized).jpeg33ECBDB1-EE33-4BCA-B351-4E6B45141913 (resized).jpeg
#4606 4 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the Jeep not rotating as smoothly as it did out of the box?

If so, what's the solution? Some super lube? If so, from the topside or bottom?

Thanks!

#4607 4 years ago

Same issue here

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone have an issue with the Jeep not rotating as smoothly as it did out of the box?
If so, what's the solution? Some super lube? If so, from the topside or bottom?
Thanks!

Lift the playfield, remove the set screw clamping down the Jeep assembly and then pull the Jeep assembly off the playfield from the top side. Be careful of the bearing assembly on the playfield side when removing so it doesn’t fall off. I wiped it (The Jeep pole sticking through playfield) with rubbing alcohol and then sprayed with some silicon-based lubricant. Reassemble and good to go.

#4609 4 years ago

FINALLY solved my auto launch rejects from the helipad horseshoe. After trying 1, then 2, then 3 washers in the left fork of the shooter lane I was not having any luck. Still getting rejects 20% of time. Used slow-mo video to see where ball was getting hung up. This allowed me to notice what I assume was a manufacturing defect with my particular pin. The circled ball guide below on mine was tucked between the helipad ramp and the side rail of the game. I checked other forum photos and sure enough, it looks like it needed to be pulled out. Using a small flathead screwdriver I was able to pry it out. Game has never shot smoother, and I’m at 100% success rate. Please check this area if you are having problems. 2nd two photos show what it looks like now.

0E3C5076-30B6-4B7E-8C78-91103F2671A3 (resized).jpeg0E3C5076-30B6-4B7E-8C78-91103F2671A3 (resized).jpeg9B859D77-156D-4664-B53C-617BCAD4E625 (resized).png9B859D77-156D-4664-B53C-617BCAD4E625 (resized).pngAA30CF76-04F0-4753-9BC1-A464036E59BD (resized).pngAA30CF76-04F0-4753-9BC1-A464036E59BD (resized).png
#4610 4 years ago

Good catch. It’s amazing, beyond simple “dialing-in”, how much physical adjustment needs to be done to make the pin play great. I’ve got mine open about every day to tweak something or clean/wax it.

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Good catch. It’s amazing, beyond simple “dialing-in”, how much physical adjustment needs to be done to make the pin play great. I’ve got mine open about every day to tweak something or clean/wax it.

This is my first ever pin, and I am surprised how much fun I am having just getting it dialed in to play exactly how I want it to. It will almost be a shame when everything shoots perfectly...almost.

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

This is my first ever pin, and I am surprised how much fun I am having just getting it dialed in to play exactly how I want it to. It will almost be a shame when everything shoots perfectly...almost.

That'll be right about the time something breaks

#4613 4 years ago

That metal guide flap is correctly placed on our game. Though it is not pulled that far away from the outside rail, so there is no gap like in the photos above.
I have tried the washers under the screw as well changing to an orange spring, but getting the ball to go up the horseshoe turn is maddening.
Out of 10 plunges, maybe 6 or 7 will make it. Sometimes less if it is in a bad mood.

#4614 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That metal guide flap is correctly placed on our game. Though it is not pulled that far away from the outside rail, so there is no gap like in the photos above.
I have tried the washers under the screw as well changing to an orange spring, but getting the ball to go up the horseshoe turn is maddening.
Out of 10 plunges, maybe 6 or 7 will make it. Sometimes less if it is in a bad mood.

Check your plunger alignment, is the tip hitting the ball in the center, or is it putting some English on it... Make sure the plumber is secured, if it's off, you may be able to shim it just a hare with a business card or two between the cabinet and assembly... Also, try another plunger tip... Possibly one from Titan

#4615 4 years ago

Has anyone put flat screws on both orbiting ramps instead of the regular screws that come stock? Curious if anyone has done this if it made both smoother?

88841136-1A8F-4E98-ACCC-A627ACEA3DCE (resized).jpeg88841136-1A8F-4E98-ACCC-A627ACEA3DCE (resized).jpeg
#4616 4 years ago

Is it me or just odd they didn’t use flat head screws in the first place?

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Is it me or just odd they didn’t use flat head screws in the first place?

Yeah it's stupid.

The tower ramp screws are ridiculous, nobody checked that ball clearance?

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anyone put flat screws on both orbiting ramps instead of the regular screws that come stock? Curious if anyone has done this if it made both smoother?[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/92#post-5586268

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Almost, but you don't need to play RMB first. You're starting RMB with the Smart Missle while simultaneously completing T-REX.
So:
Get T-RE
Qualify Smart Missle
Shoot left ramp.
Hit center button 4 times to select Start RMB
Shoot pops stand-up target while glancing the captive ball along the way

After 2100 games played the T-Rex/Raptor MB stack happened for me last night by accident! It was pretty fun to have it happen. I wasn't even thinking about it when I chose Raptor MB for the smart missile award. I took the shot and it bricked off the truck and ramp post but it came back fast right at the flipper so I tried to send it straight back that direction. It turned into a clean shot at the amber target that probably just barely beat the grace period and both MBs started up. Now I probably only have to wait another 2100 games for it to happen again

#4620 4 years ago

Anyone know what flat screw would be the proper replacement, and any comments on improvements after grinding down the current screws?

#4621 4 years ago

Anyone know what flat screw would be the proper replacement, and any comments on improvements after grinding down the current screws?

Exact same question here. Confirmed last night that the ball strikes this protruding screw head hard when riding along the ball guide causing a ton of rattling out shots. Would love to know what flush screw to order.

800A91C6-CF3A-439C-9FFA-215FA2B62FE9 (resized).jpeg800A91C6-CF3A-439C-9FFA-215FA2B62FE9 (resized).jpeg
#4622 4 years ago

Exact same question here. Confirmed last night that the ball strikes this protruding screw head hard when riding along the ball guide causing a ton of rattling out shots. Would love to know what flush screw to order.[quoted image]

I would have never guessed the ball could actually hit that with how far into the corner that is. Will have to check mine.

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

After 2100 games played the T-Rex/Raptor MB stack happened for me last night by accident! It was pretty fun to have it happen. I wasn't even thinking about it when I chose Raptor MB for the smart missile award. I took the shot and it bricked off the truck and ramp post but it came back fast right at the flipper so I tried to send it straight back that direction. It turned into a clean shot at the amber target that probably just barely beat the grace period and both MBs started up. Now I probably only have to wait another 2100 games for it to happen again

Very cool.
I've only tried a couple times now and haven't pulled it off. I was trying to get the letters first and then get enough rescues, but kept accidentally starting Rex. But as of now, I haven't even gotten the kill shot set up yet.

#4624 4 years ago

And...got the shot set up. Brick. Outlane. I can see this is going to be a whole thing now.

#4625 4 years ago

Exact same question here. Confirmed last night that the ball strikes this protruding screw head hard when riding along the ball guide causing a ton of rattling out shots. Would love to know what flush screw to order.[quoted image]

Ok so we need to figure out what size flat screw to use

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Look up "pancake head" wood screws, that will give you a step in the right direction

#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

All the truly flat head screws I can think of are countersunk. I'm not around my game (or very familiar with it), is that V flap a short one or is it what actually bends upward there? If it is just a short entrance flap, would it be possible to get a different one made that went under the ball guide to be secured on the other side of it?

#4628 4 years ago

I just pulled the glass and rolled the ball by that screw a bunch of times. On my pin yes it does touch the ball, but barely. I don't think this is really going to be the cause of that many rejects for anyone. If you are going to dremel it, just a pinch off the right side seems like it would be all you need.

Worth noting again: My Raptor Tower ramp was assembled incorrectly from the factory. The the top habitrails were going into the u ramp opposed to resting on top of it. This made ramp ridiculously hard to actually make. I didn't notice until I was fed up enough to take the plastics off and look at it, but you can check with it assembled. Look through the upper 'windows' of the tower. Can you see the 2 habitrail ends? If not, re-assemble.

#4629 4 years ago

If Keith wanted flat screws there he would have specified them. I don’t think that’s the issue.

#4630 4 years ago

If you guys are having trouble with the tower shot, 1st...make sure you are 7.0 degrees and level left to right. 2nd. flipper alignment is critical, as Keith Elwin posted a while back, the dot alignment hole should line up with the top of the flipper bat (plastic portion, not the rubber) - this will cause some protrusion into the S lane, but it is critical for nailing the Ramp Tower. I can make the Helix Ramp and Raptor tower back and forth all day long - i got up to 3x's in a row once...when the shot is dialed in, the screw protrusion (slight as it is) on that flap holddown is negligible

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

If Keith wanted flat screws there he would have specified them. I don’t think that’s the issue.

Keith likes this

C17AB2AF-1537-445D-9E87-C5BBB8531BB1 (resized).jpegC17AB2AF-1537-445D-9E87-C5BBB8531BB1 (resized).jpeg
#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I checked and the screw on mine is close enough to the ball guide that the ball doesn't touch it as it rolls by. I'm guessing they didn't use flat screws because it's supposed to be close enough to the ball guide that it won't get hit. Bummer that it seems some were installed a bit too far away from the guide where it's getting hit by the ball.

#4633 4 years ago

Had another fun shot on my machine today. Got an Escape ball save from a center drain. Ball was coming to the center drain and I tried a left-right flip to catch a piece of it. It spun off the end of the left flipper as it went past, then immediately spun hard off the tip of the right flipper as it continued past that one toward the drain. Then it hit the apron area and it had so much spin on it that it shot like a rocket far enough up the outlane to cross the rollover switch to trigger the lit Escape lane before rolling back down to the drain.

#4634 4 years ago

I'm sure we could use the same screw that has been holding down all the Bally/Williams ramp flaps flawlessly for years.
I can't for the life of me figure out why a round top screw would ever have been used here.
Also food for thought. I bet that ramp flap would be just fine with no screw in that hole at all. But I would try the grind down and flat head methods first.

#4635 4 years ago

IT'S ALIVE!! Having just gotten my Jurassic Park Premium a few weeks ago, I was beginning to think it needed more. So, I just installed a shaker motor, and more importantly, the Pinwoofer Super Kit. Usually, I don't do much in the way of mods, as I'd rather spend my money getting another title, but JP just screamed for better audio. And wow, does the Pinwoofer do the job - but I guess you folks already know this. I was really impressed with the care that went into the assembling the kit. Everything, and I mean everything, was there and well packaged. The installation was really simple, and the sound quality is great. With those two additions, the machine can almost walk across the floor on it's own. I'm really impressed and thought I'd give Pinwoofer a "without reservation" recommendation. Over and out.

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

IT'S ALIVE!! Having just gotten my Jurassic Park Premium a few weeks ago, I was beginning to think it needed more. So, I just installed a shaker motor, and more importantly, the Pinwoofer Super Kit. Usually, I don't do much in the way of mods, as I'd rather spend my money getting another title, but JP just screamed for better audio. And wow, does the Pinwoofer do the job - but I guess you folks already know this. I was really impressed with the care that went into the assembling the kit. Everything, and I mean everything, was there and well packaged. The installation was really simple, and the sound quality is great. With those two additions, the machine can almost walk across the floor on it's own. I'm really impressed and thought I'd give Pinwoofer a "without reservation" recommendation. Over and out.

This game is spectacular with shaker motor and Sub. I totally agree.

We went with the Pinnovators headphone jack that has a dedicated sub output, and man does that damn T-Rex roar.

And probably my favorite shaker motor use is at the start of every paddock when the up post catches the ball, the game goes over the paddock instructions and then the Jeep starts it's engine. Pay attention, and the cabinet shakes exactly like a car starting up. Love it!!

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

No doubt, PinWoofer Super Kit rules. Just got a shaker motor too. Super great, but now I need to quiet down the rattling back glass.

#4638 4 years ago

Trying to download the newest code for my pro and run into a bit of an issue. Code downloads like normal and I unpack it as I normally would. However, when I open the folder it has one of the SPKs and then another zipped up file that I can never get to unzip.

Anyone else having similar issues?

#4639 4 years ago

Does the smart missile "Invalid frenzy" count towards "Escape Nublar"?

Also TWICE in the same IF mode I hit the C shot and the ball bounced out before the post went up and I was S.O.L. until it reset.
Maybe just a coincidence but I dont remember that ever happening before the update.

#4640 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Trying to download the newest code for my pro and run into a bit of an issue. Code downloads like normal and I unpack it as I normally would. However, when I open the folder it has one of the SPKs and then another zipped up file that I can never get to unzip.
Anyone else having similar issues?

The second file does indeed look like it is still zipped.
But as long as it looks like this jurassic_park_le-1_01_0.spk.002.001 You are good to go.
It is only zipped if it still ends in .zip

#4642 4 years ago

I like the 10" cabinet speaker from flipper fidelity. It really rocks.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Does the smart missile "Invalid frenzy" count towards "Escape Nublar"?
Also TWICE in the same IF mode I hit the C shot and the ball bounced out before the post went up and I was S.O.L. until it reset.
Maybe just a coincidence but I dont remember that ever happening before the update.

Invalid Frenzy isn't a requirement for Nublar so no.
To get to Nublar you need to start Visitors Center, Museum Meyham, and Secure Control Room.

#4644 4 years ago

Installing Pinstadiums for the first time. Got the Fusion set with the Orion’s Belt program module. Anyone out there know the best place to connect all these Alligator clips? I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out where to connect to the flashers for the spinner/pop bumpers/helipad/control room. Any advice is much appreciated. The GI bulbs seem easy to identify and clip into, but it seems like the flashers don’t have similar clip on terminals. What am I missing? Thanks!
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anyone put flat screws on both orbiting ramps instead of the regular screws that come stock? Curious if anyone has done this if it made both smoother?[quoted image]

I changed the one to the left with a countersunk (of course the ramp flap also needs to be countersunk to accept the screw) it seems better to me. Also the thing that helped even more is taking the plastic off and shifting the metal ball guide to the outside a little....on mine it was clearly behind the black line and the ball would get caught on the inner flipper rubber and miss the heli ramp shot.....this move clearly made the shot smoother.

#4646 4 years ago

Installing Pinstadiums for the first time. Got the Fusion set with the Orion’s Belt program module. Anyone out there know the best place to connect all these Alligator clips? I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out where to connect to the flashers for the spinner/pop bumpers/helipad/control room. Any advice is much appreciated. The GO bulbs seem easy to identify and clip into, but it seems like the flashers don’t have similar clip on terminals. What am I missing? Thanks![quoted image]

On this particular game the flasher lights are also used as GI a lot, so they are always mostly on and not always flashing.
The best option on this game as per PinStadium themselves is to hook the Flashers to the shaker motor plug.
If you have a shaker motor installed you can just use the little wires that come with your pinstadium kit and then hook the aligator clips to them.
I will try and get a photo of the setup in a bit for you.
But it works great and the UV flasher lights only go off with the shaker and are not on all the time like most flasher lights on this game.
**Edit**
Here are two photos to show both ends on the flasher hookup. (Yes, you need to clean up the alligator hook up ends so there are no Exposed wires for any shorts to occur.)
Our whit wire is in the left most plug and our black wire is on the far right plug.

C6166FA2-9D31-411C-A00E-51292995F2D9 (resized).jpegC6166FA2-9D31-411C-A00E-51292995F2D9 (resized).jpeg5B137099-D8CD-4BA6-8B18-DA93E18F7900 (resized).jpeg5B137099-D8CD-4BA6-8B18-DA93E18F7900 (resized).jpeg
#4647 4 years ago

Don’t know what replacement screw would work but I can tell you grinding down the screw (and it isn’t much grinding) made a significant difference in Tower success rates and the general smoothness of the shot. Doesn’t take as much steam to make the turn.

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

On this particular game the flasher lights are also used as GI a lot, so they are always mostly on and not always flashing.
The best option on this game as per PinStadium themselves is to hook the Flashers to the shaker motor plug.
If you have a shaker motor installed you can just use the little wires that come with your pinstadium kit and then hook the aligator clips to them.
I will try and get a photo of the setup in a bit for you.
But it works great and the UV flasher lights only go off with the shaker and are not on all the time like most flasher lights on this game.
**Edit**
Here are two photos to show both ends on the flasher hookup. (Yes, you need to clean up the alligator hook up ends so there are no Exposed wires for any shorts to occur.)
Our whit wire is in the left most plug and our black wire is on the far right plug.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are some bad and dangerous connections. I am not familiar with PS products but I can't believe that is how they tell you to connect. The proper way to do it is use molex connectors and piggy back off that shaker connection.

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are some bad and dangerous connections. I am not familiar with PS products but I can't believe that is how they tell you to connect. The proper way to do it is use molex connectors and piggy back off that shaker connection.

As I stated. This will need to be cleaned up a bit. It is not hard to do.
But to make sure you like it first. This way is just fine.
I agree a piggy back is what is really needed here.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Don’t know what replacement screw would work but I can tell you grinding down the screw (and it isn’t much grinding) made a significant difference in Tower success rates and the general smoothness of the shot. Doesn’t take as much steam to make the turn.

More then likely these.
Have not tried them yet but I have plenty on hand.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ramp-screw.html

I will try one today and report back for everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/93?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.