(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 426.
#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Play pinball, they said. It'll take your mind off things, they said.
[quoted image]

Ive been playing at least 6 hours a day since quarantine. My wrist are hurting Many days I do not even turn on the other pins. I keep coming back to Jurassic Park. It is so challenging and FUN!!

frenzy champion (resized).jpgfrenzy champion (resized).jpg
#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Added a shaker last night, adds so damn much to this game in my opinion, wow.

My shaker should be here in few days...possibly even today.

#4503 4 years ago

I was in the middle of a game and my right lower flipper stopped having full power and now it’s at about 60%. I lifted up the playfield and nothing seems wrong with the flipper. Any idea what could cause it to stars only giving 60% power?

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I was in the middle of a game and my right lower flipper stopped having full power and now it’s at about 60%. I lifted up the playfield and nothing seems wrong with the flipper. Any idea what could cause it to stars only giving 60% power?

Pull your coil stop good chance you will see it’s shot once you take it off

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Most likely this. I'm at around 500 plays. Left stop was replaced last week. That one was totally destroyed. Replaced the right one last night.

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Added a shaker last night, adds so damn much to this game in my opinion, wow.

Add a sub next

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You the man, that’s what it was. The only coil stop I had was for Bally/Williams games and it works but the stop is a hair, I mean hair shorter. Is it fine that I used it?

#4508 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

You the man, that’s what it was. The only coil stop I had was for Bally/Williams games and it works but the stop is a hair, I mean hair shorter. Is it fine that I used it?

Get a few of these...
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#4509 4 years ago

It’s a rainy stay indoors day, for entertainment we did a couple quick games. Now I know to turn the phone when taking a vid for YouTube.

#4510 4 years ago

Seems some of you have received your new JPs from the recent Stern production run. Congratulations! When did you order your machines? I ordered my 1st pinball machine, a JP Premium, on Feb 1 (I put $1k down on it), and haven’t heard anything from my distributor. I was just wondering if enough machines were produced before things shut down that I might get mine soon. It may be quite a while before things get back to normal.

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from IraG:

Seems some of you have received your new JPs from the recent Stern production run. Congratulations! When did you order your machines? I ordered my 1st pinball machine, a JP Premium, on Feb 1 (I put $1k down on it), and haven’t heard anything from my distributor. I was just wondering if enough machines were produced before things shut down that I might get mine soon. It may be quite a while before things get back to normal.

You are probably not going to want to hear this...but I ordered mine last weekend and it shipped on Monday and arrived on Wednesday, with a build date of March 20th.

#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You are probably not going to want to hear this...but I ordered mine last weekend and it shipped on Monday and arrived on Wednesday, with a build date of March 20th.

Thanks. Where did you order yours? I will call my distributor. Perhaps they got it in but are not making deliveries at this time.

#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from IraG:

Thanks. Where did you order yours? I will call my distributor. Perhaps they got it in but are not making deliveries at this time.

Melissa at Cointaker.

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

It’s a rainy stay indoors day, for entertainment we did a couple quick games. Now I know to turn the phone when taking a vid for YouTube.

You have an impressive line-up. Congrats.

#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sold by tilt topper, correct?
And which HP lights did you installed? Thanks

That’s correct!

As in speaker ones? Speaker light kit ones

#4516 4 years ago

So I added an A109 to the playfield as the flat plastic always bothered me. Had to cut out and grind the side to allow it to wrap around the Mezel mods spinning blades. Everything works, very happy that I was able to get it to fit.

* Disclaimer: my daughter helped me paint the helicopter and her joy of being involved greatly outweighed straight lines

Side View (resized).pngSide View (resized).pngTop View (resized).pngTop View (resized).png
#4517 4 years ago

Maybe someone already posted this but has anyone had any issue with the inner loop shot "Spitter" not being very smooth at all and sometimes ball jumping.

It is happening before ball reaches the pushrod. Only thing I see is a rivet along the metal rail and maybe ball is hitting that and throwing off shot.

#4518 4 years ago

Okay it's done!!

First off let me say I love JP and the designers, coders, and programmers at Stern. They are really talented people.

Thanks to using Pinball Browser, I was able to change (mod) a couple vids and sound I feel needed tweaking for me personally. Not disparaging or trying to take away anything from anyone at Stern or the coders.

I've included a link here for those who own the JP Premium/LE edition to view, download, use on their machines some *.mp4 and *.wav files I feel just kick it up a little bit. (these may work on the PRO - I don't know for sure at the file locations and lengths may vary)

Here's what I did:

Changed the BALL SAVE Audio to have a more pronounced "thunk" and "glass shatter" when the ball it hits the screen in the transition video

Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact HIT video and audio

Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact MISS video and audio

Added an original custom designed SHOOT AGAIN video/audio files to completely replace the factory vid and audio

Please see the readme.txt file in the link below if you decide to use these files.

*NOTES*

Although the videos contain audio, that audio is not the ones the game uses and is disregarded in the video import process via Pinball Browser, you need to import the wav files as well to their proper locations.

Some of the *.wav files have differing or boosted dynamics from their video companion

The included videos are at 1360x768 resolution and 30fps - viewing them in the webbrowser via google may produce 720P or lower results with compression artifacts, for best viewing quality, download them to your computer.

I've tried and tested these on my JP Premium using a backup image file of my Factory SD card - everything works perfectly and the audio levels don't clip.

You may show 1 extra frame importing the videos from the factory but this doesn't affect the function/timing within the game

(Disclaimer - I'm not responsible if you brick your machine...I just had to say that for legalese , but you should be fine)

CLICK LINK BELOW TO ACCESS FILES

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RO_5shtCyWkqc_1cBef7_H48PiIW6SWo?usp=sharing
jpedits.jpgjpedits.jpg

#4519 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

So I added an A109 to the playfield as the flat plastic always bothered me. Had to cut out and grind the side to allow it to wrap around the Mezel mods spinning blades. Everything works, very happy that I was able to get it to fit.
* Disclaimer: my daughter helped me paint the helicopter and her joy of being involved greatly outweighed straight lines [quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, where did you bought the a109 ?

#4520 4 years ago
4A352953-558E-4D1F-95A0-20A7788A6FBA (resized).jpeg4A352953-558E-4D1F-95A0-20A7788A6FBA (resized).jpeg81BAD9FB-25E9-4F41-9E79-9A19A5C46B87 (resized).jpeg81BAD9FB-25E9-4F41-9E79-9A19A5C46B87 (resized).jpeg
#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Custom modding G Funk

#4522 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Custom modding G Funk

Maybe I’m missing something... what exactly are you showing us? I see the regular mods most people have minus the pteranodon and park signs.

#4523 4 years ago

Yellow flipper bats?

#4524 4 years ago

Sorry meant yellow flipper rubber?

#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That looks great, where did you bought the a109 ?

ebay.com link: itm

Reasonably priced, I would have preferred the transparent window version but the price difference was too much to justify.

#4526 4 years ago

custom sighns custom tower green lights in the palm trees custom lighting everywhere still a work in progress

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Sorry meant yellow flipper rubber?

Clear superbands

#4528 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

custom sighns custom tower green lights in the palm trees custom lighting everywhere still a work in progress

Tower looks good!

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay it's done!!
First off let me say I love JP and the designers, coders, and programmers at Stern. They are really talented people.
Thanks to using Pinball Browser, I was able to change (mod) a couple vids and sound I feel needed tweaking for me personally. Not disparaging or trying to take away anything from anyone at Stern or the coders.
I've included a link here for those who own the JP Premium/LE edition to view, download, use on their machines some *.mp4 and *.wav files I feel just kick it up a little bit. (these may work on the PRO - I don't know for sure at the file locations and lengths may vary)
Here's what I did:
Changed the BALL SAVE Audio to have a more pronounced "thunk" and "glass shatter" when the ball it hits the screen in the transition video
Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact HIT video and audio
Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact MISS video and audio
Added an original custom designed SHOOT AGAIN video/audio files to completely replace the factory vid and audio
Please see the readme.txt file in the link below if you decide to use these files.
*NOTES*
Although the videos contain audio, that audio is not the ones the game uses and is disregarded in the video import process via Pinball Browser, you need to import the wav files as well to their proper locations.
Some of the *.wav files have differing or boosted dynamics from their video companion
The included videos are at 1360x768 resolution and 30fps - viewing them in the webbrowser via google may produce 720P or lower results with compression artifacts, for best viewing quality, download them to your computer.
I've tried and tested these on my JP Premium using a backup image file of my Factory SD card - everything works perfectly and the audio levels don't clip.
You may show 1 extra frame importing the videos from the factory but this doesn't affect the function/timing within the game
(Disclaimer - I'm not responsible if you brick your machine...I just had to say that for legalese , but you should be fine)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO ACCESS FILES
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RO_5shtCyWkqc_1cBef7_H48PiIW6SWo?usp=sharing
[quoted image]

Cool! I didn’t realise we could add/replace video and screens using pinball browser, last I knew it was replacing audio only. Nice work!

#4530 4 years ago

To those having T-rex ramp switch issues, contact Stern. They are sending me an updated part that should alleviate most of the issues. I could live with it not counting the shot 1 in 10 times...

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Looking for some help eliminating 2 areas that are currently causing stuck balls. One area is on the end of the gate into the pops. Seems to get hung up here a lot. In area 2, the plastic ceiling between the control room target and the raptor target seems to sag and really cause stuck balls. Shaking to the point of tilting doesn’t even budge it. Would love to know how to fix both of these. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Finally implemented a couple solutions to fix these 2 ball-stuck areas. For the Raptor pen, I was able to use this bent paperclip to prop up the plastic between the raptor and control room drop targets. For the amber gate I just taped a flattened paperclip to the bottom of the gate. This keeps the balls from getting lodged in both places.

1A1C1599-CD55-4FC6-BB13-734D7EFA8B2A (resized).png1A1C1599-CD55-4FC6-BB13-734D7EFA8B2A (resized).pngD6BD88E4-497B-4A1F-80C9-54C792B30A2D (resized).jpegD6BD88E4-497B-4A1F-80C9-54C792B30A2D (resized).jpeg782D535B-3553-4E9B-B000-A9BE719E96DC (resized).jpeg782D535B-3553-4E9B-B000-A9BE719E96DC (resized).jpeg
#4532 4 years ago

Hi,
What are the flashing green T-Rex lights then fix when hit? Thx

#4533 4 years ago

I've had this game for a week now.
It's a total clunkfest.
The shots are so narrow, so when looking at them, you Wonder if the ball is supposed to pass thru them at all?

The O and S are silly tight and both the S shot and The watch tower shot is the rail so sharp turning, even more highlighting the clunky feel.

So i started looking at vids on Youtube and found the deadflip/elwin clip, but it seems clunky as hell to them aswell.

Then i red the reviews on pinside. Everybody describing it as "a smooth shooter"???
Are there any vids showing of this clunky extravaganza as a smooth shooter?

#4534 4 years ago

Hi,
What are the flashing green T-Rex lights then fix when hit? Thx

It's the dinosaur for that paddock. It will move from shot to shot and will fail your lit rescue shots if they overlap for too long. Shoot the required shots (rescue, trap, helipad) to make the dinosaur flash green and yellow, then shoot the dino to capture it. Shooting the dino without capture lit will stop it from moving for 20 seconds.

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I've had this game for a week now.
It's a total clunkfest.
The shots are so narrow, so when looking at them, you Wonder if the ball is supposed to pass thru them at all?
The O and S are silly tight and both the S shot and The watch tower shot is the rail so sharp turning, even more highlighting the clunky feel.
So i started looking at vids on Youtube and found the deadflip/elwin clip, but it seems clunky as hell to them aswell.
Then i red the reviews on pinside. Everybody describing it as "a smooth shooter"???
Are there any vids showing of this clunky extravaganza as a smooth shooter?

Sincerely all pins need challenging shots but doable (not by chance or ricochet..). I have had Houdini, Dialed in (sim card shot), I still have Alien (vent 2 shot is really hard (my only complain)) and I can assure you that the shots you are talking are quite smooth.
The shot the most difficult for me is the target through the pops. But not more difficult then a tunnel shot in TWD for exemple.
This game is badass and often kicks my ass but it is a great game, you come back to play again and again, and is very satisfying when you shot clean and right. Still learning rules and try playing better. I think it is a game which makes you a better player.

#4536 4 years ago

Sincerely all pins need challenging shots but doable (not by chance or ricochet..). I have had Houdini, Dialed in (sim card shot), I still have Alien (vent 2 shot is really hard (my only complain)) and I can assure you that the shots you are talking are quite smooth.
The shot the most difficult for me is the target through the pops. But not more difficult then a tunnel shot in TWD for exemple.
This game is badass and often kicks my ass but it is a great game, you come back to play again and again, and is very satisfying when you shot clean and right. Still learning rules and try playing better. I think it is a game which makes you a better player.

Thanks for the reply.I agree that a good mix with challenging/rewarding shots and also dangerous shots are great and also inspires you to practice more.
I share that view on for example the right ramp shot. Maybe also the the right lane (the O-shot), but mostly that just feels silly narrow.
However the C, S and the watchtower shot, i cant for the life of me see as anything else then super clunky, and to that not rewarding to match.

It feels strange that if i want to have a good game, i just go for the left ramp and the spinner/bumper shots and just ignore all the rest.

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Thanks for the reply.I agree that a good mix with challenging/rewarding shots and also dangerous shots are great and also inspires you to practice more.
I share that view on for example the right ramp shot. Maybe also the the right lane (the O-shot), but mostly that just feels silly narrow.
However the C, S and the watchtower shot, i cant for the life of me see as anything else then super clunky, and to that not rewarding to match.
It feels strange that if i want to have a good game, i just go for the left ramp and the spinner/bumper shots and just ignore all the rest.

You are wrong buddy.
C shot is very important for chaos MB, jackpot and more. All other are important too.
I think you get a problem with rules acknowledges.
See there.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

#4538 4 years ago

You are wrong buddy.
C shot is very important for chaos MB, jackpot and more. All other are important too.
I think you get a problem with rules acknowledges.
See there.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Might be, as said, i´ve only had the game for a week.
Chaos MB is fun but the shots to get it, is a pita. Thoose time i get it, i focus the entire game on getting theme hopeless shots and even if i get it i end up with lesser scores, then i have when going for the rest.

Imo C, O and the S targets are all badly constructed.

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Chaos MB is fun but the shots to get it, is a pita. Thoose time i get it, i focus the entire game on getting theme hopeless shots and even if i get it i end up with lesser scores, then i have when going for the rest.

What pitch is your pin at? 6.8/6.9 seems like a good pitch for my game. Try just shooting the the C shot O shot and S shot over and over for a few games or a day to get them more comfortable for yourself. This game has a lot of stuff to shoot at and is distracting if you don’t stay focused on what you’re trying to accomplish. Once you get those hard shots logged in your brain the game should open up to you. I still have a little trouble with the O shot it’s pretty tight.

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What pitch is your pin at? 6.8/6.9 seems like a good pitch for my game. Try just shooting the the C shot O shot and S shot over and over for a few games or a day to get them more comfortable for yourself. This game has a lot of stuff to shoot at and is distracting if you don’t stay focused on what you’re trying to accomplish. Once you get those hard shots logged in your brain the game should open up to you. I still have a little trouble with the O shot it’s pretty tight.

Thanks for the pep-talk. I´m going to check the pitch today, maybe a tad bit floaty, but the bubble on the right is dead on centre.

Dont get me wrong, i think the game is there, it´s just so darned tight. Maybe it should have been a widebody?

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Thanks for the pep-talk. I´m going to check the pitch today, maybe a tad bit floaty, but the bubble on the right is dead on centre.
Dont get me wrong, i think the game is there, it´s just so darned tight. Maybe it should have been a widebody?

The game was designed to be at 7 pitch. The shots are much harder to achieve if less than 7. My bubble level is totally wrong. The pitch was around 5 By following the bubble.

Cheers,

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Having the game dialed in will make a ton of difference on any pinball machine. Check the pitch and be sure the game is level side to side.

Even with my T-rex ramp issues, the game is fun. Shots aren't any tighter than on my Alice Cooper. Ramps are very satisfying in the game.

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I found that lowering your flipper strength in small increments till you get a comfortable feel works well with smoothing the shots.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

No it shouldn't have been a wide body. It's a great, challenging layout...not a clunkfest!

Have you made sure the ball guide is aligned properly with the upper right flipper? I have 2 and BOTH weren't aligned properly (resulting in very clunky play). Many others have dealt this this as well (check the threads for details).

From my perspective, the ONLY really tough tight shot is the "O" shot. "C" and "S" are tough shots, but not because they are tight...

#4545 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No it shouldn't have been a wide body. It's a great, challenging layout...not a clunkfest!
Have you made sure the ball guide is aligned properly with the upper right flipper? I have 2 and BOTH weren't aligned properly (resulting in very clunky play). Many others have dealt this this as well (check the threads for details).
From my perspective, the ONLY really tough tight shot is the "O" shot. "C" and "S" are tough shots, but not because they are tight...

Yeah Wide Body

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The C shot is still much easier to me than the piston shot in Metallica or the lower spinner in Maiden.

#4547 4 years ago

Hey all, I have a question. Has anyone owned both the Pro and Premium/LE JP models? I am on the fence on which one I should pick up. Seems like the T-Rex is plagued with problems and people are having to become MacGyver to make them play smoothly. I am used to tweaking my pins to play good, but wondering if the Pro may be the way to go-less is more? I like the upgrade for the raptor gate, but not sure about T-Rex disrupting game-play/slowing down flow, and having to be tweaked to work correctly? Really want to hear from someone who has owned both versions. Thanks

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey all, I have a question. Has anyone owned both the Pro and Premium/LE JP models? I am on the fence on which one I should pick up. Seems like the T-Rex is plagued with problems and people are having to become MacGyver to make them play smoothly. I am used to tweaking my pins to play good, but wondering if the Pro may be the way to go-less is more? I like the upgrade for the raptor gate, but not sure about T-Rex disrupting game-play/slowing down flow, and having to be tweaked to work correctly? Really want to hear from someone who has owned both versions. Thanks

Can the T-rex be a pain to tweak?...yes. But, it is pretty awesome seeing it move all over the place during play. Has to be one of the coolest toys ever.

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Haven't owned a pro but I can tell you my T-rex was working perfect out of the box and still going strong. Got mine in Sep 2019. I've put about 1100 plays on it. I don't think it's the majority that have issues. Obviously in this thread it's disproportionate since ppl don't post when things work great. You only hear about the issues. 1000's of games out there.

#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Either you need to get your game dialed in (start at 7 degree pitch and 0 degree left to right). Or, you just need to practice more...or both.

Sometimes I'm a little off and clunking shots. Sometimes I'm right on and hitting everything. The game is tight...but all shots are makeable. There are pros who can destroy this game. It is a "players" machine for sure. But if you're a beginner it will make you a better player.

Play it for a while and then go play scared stiff....you'll be on that scared stiff for two hours (one game).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/91?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.