(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,285 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 426.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hey guys,
Been combing through gameplay videos to try and answer my own question but haven't turned anything useful up. On a soft plunge, is the ball supposed to bounce off the rubber beneath the helicopter and go straight into the left slingshot or do I need to adjust something? It does this 100% of the time on soft plunges and helipad shots that don't make it all the way up. Punishing the whiffed shot makes sense, but I don't see how half the secret skillshots are possible if it's intentional. As you can see, the rubber definitely sticks out way past the lane guide.[quoted image]

I was just fighting with this yesterday. I was changing out the stock rubbers for silicone, when I got to that one I noticed that the rubber was cut by the metal guide. I thought, good thing I got new silicone bands to go on. But between the metal guide and post was so tight that it sliced my new silicone ring. Now I’m sure it’s not supposed to be that tight. Plus , I was annoyed by soft plunge always going to the left sling. So I adjusted the position of the metal guide. Now on soft plunge it ends up on the left flipper. My theory is that position of the screw that holds the metal guide was drilled too far to the lower right. Some modification of both the screw and hole in the metal guide allowed the new silicone band to be installed without destroying it.

#4452 4 years ago

So not sure if anyone has an answer to this, but is the code done? I'm super happy where it is, but didn't know if Keith had any further tricks up his sleeve or additional polish.

#4453 4 years ago

Anybody else having any issues with the t-rex ramp? Switch registers fine in test 100% but shots only count about 25% during game play. I wonder if the ball is getting too much air on the left ramp.

I changed the pitch on the game from 7.2 to about 6.7 and same result.

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

So I adjusted the position of the metal guide

How do you adjust the position of the metal guide. Mine does this all the time, a missed "S" shot always hits that rubber and hits the left sling, it's been driving me nuts.
Thanks

20191026_155822 (resized).jpg20191026_155822 (resized).jpg
#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I was just fighting with this yesterday. I was changing out the stock rubbers for silicone, when I got to that one I noticed that the rubber was cut by the metal guide. I thought, good thing I got new silicone bands to go on. But between the metal guide and post was so tight that it sliced my new silicone ring. Now I’m sure it’s not supposed to be that tight. Plus , I was annoyed by soft plunge always going to the left sling. So I adjusted the position of the metal guide. Now on soft plunge it ends up on the left flipper. My theory is that position of the screw that holds the metal guide was drilled too far to the lower right. Some modification of both the screw and hole in the metal guide allowed the new silicone band to be installed without destroying it.

You can also loosen the post that holds that rubber and move it as far away from the lane guide as you can before tightening, doesnt move much but makes a difference.

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

You can also loosen the post that holds that rubber and move it as far away from the lane guide as you can before tightening, doesnt move much but makes a difference.

From under the play field or from the top?
Thanks,

#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

That was part of my procedure, but tighten that post back up and ....slices the ring anyway.

#4458 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

How do you adjust the position of the metal guide. Mine does this all the time, a missed "S" shot always hits that rubber and hits the left sling, it's been driving me nuts.
Thanks[quoted image]

I tried a couple different things, I did NOT drill the playfield (that would be one way, probably not recommended). First I narrowed the screw diameter, that didn’t quite get me there. Took off the guide rail and elongated the hole in the guide attachment foot slightly. That allowed the guide to push up and to the right just a bit so that it wouldn’t cut my silicone ring. As a bonus all shots coming down the s lane hit the left flipper.

#4459 4 years ago

In this video at 1:08:20 a player fails to make the S shot and the ball comes back down and hits the left flipper.

#4460 4 years ago

I just gave the S lane at the end a small bend with a plier, now it doesnt bounce to the sling anymore.
you have to remove the ramp and the heli plastics before.

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

In this video at 1:08:20 a player fails to make the S shot and the ball comes back down and hits the left flipper.

Interesting. I wonder if there's any hardware difference in that spot on the Premium to account for the spinning helicopter blade.

#4462 4 years ago

FYI, mine is a premium.

#4463 4 years ago

ARRIVED!

20200401_135328 (resized).jpg20200401_135328 (resized).jpg
20200401_145045 (resized).jpg20200401_145045 (resized).jpg
20200401_155102 (resized).jpg20200401_155102 (resized).jpg
20200401_155114 (resized).jpg20200401_155114 (resized).jpg

I've got a lot to learn but this pin has a great layout and some really fun shots.

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My JP (premium) is arriving today! New toy during this shit show is perfect. AND, my IM just got a code update yesterday!

Grr...I got excited that I missed an Iron Maiden code update and hurried to Stern's site...nope.

#4465 4 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Grr...I got excited that I missed an Iron Maiden code update and hurried to Stern's site...nope.

What is the short version of Iron Maiden?...since IM has always been Iron Man

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

ARRIVED!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I've got a lot to learn but this pin has a great layout and some really fun shots.

Welcome to the club! Also that is a solid 4 pin lineup.

#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What is the short version of Iron Maiden?

IMDN

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Cool, thanks. Is it also by design that whenever this light is lit, the slings fire directly into the outlanes 100% of the time?[quoted image]

No if that is lit all shots will brick ultimately leading to in inevitable drain

#4469 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

FYI, mine is a premium.

Hmm. Well, I think I might give your method a shot whenever I disassemble that area to install the new rubbers I've got coming in the mail. Even if that's the intended design, flow beats clunk every day in my book.

#4470 4 years ago

topper

91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg
#4471 4 years ago

Topper looks cool. Anybody have pricing info?

#4472 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I always just write Maiden. Some games dont need to be overly shortened. Shadow is another example. I never know what people are referring to with TS and I own one lol.

#4473 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Typically IMDN, I just got excited as my brain does not always process IM. Gets me frequently.

#4474 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody else having any issues with the t-rex ramp? Switch registers fine in test 100% but shots only count about 25% during game play. I wonder if the ball is getting too much air on the left ramp.
I changed the pitch on the game from 7.2 to about 6.7 and same result.

Yes, but not as many misses as you. Same with the right loop. Super frustrating.

#4475 4 years ago

Looking for some help eliminating 2 areas that are currently causing stuck balls. One area is on the end of the gate into the pops. Seems to get hung up here a lot. In area 2, the plastic ceiling between the control room target and the raptor target seems to sag and really cause stuck balls. Shaking to the point of tilting doesn’t even budge it. Would love to know how to fix both of these. Thanks!

4FFB0D6A-80F9-4B7E-BB0D-4EC2958639A6 (resized).jpeg4FFB0D6A-80F9-4B7E-BB0D-4EC2958639A6 (resized).jpegF03D4DDC-9CF6-4921-BA0A-43600A51DDFF (resized).jpegF03D4DDC-9CF6-4921-BA0A-43600A51DDFF (resized).jpeg
#4476 4 years ago

My topper just arrived today. Its from Tilt Topper. They did a great Job on this one! It was worth the wait. The order got screwed up and I started to look at my receipt after I did nor Get the topper. I Inquired and I had Paid for a data east topper. The Stern topper was more money! They said they will Pick Up the extra $20 difference and get it shipped to me. They did just that! Thank You TILT TOPPER

jurassic park topper (resized).jpgjurassic park topper (resized).jpg
#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

My topper just arrived today. Its from Tilt Topper. They did a great Job on this one! It was worth the wait. The order got screwed up and I started to look at my receipt after I did nor Get the topper. I Inquired and I had Paid for a data east topper. The Stern topper was more money! They said they will Pick Up the extra $20 difference and get it shipped to me. They did just that! Thank You TILT TOPPER[quoted image]

Strange...it doesn’t look like what they sell. New design? It is really but feels too high for me

#4478 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Strange...it doesn’t look like what they sell. New design? It is really but feels too high for me

Its advertised on the front page of tilt topper website.
Its 11 inches tall

jp topper (resized).jpgjp topper (resized).jpg
#4479 4 years ago

Its 11 inches tall[quoted image]

The Tilt Toppers homepage still shows your model, but if you actually go to purchase one under "shop" you see that the version they are producing now looks different. I would love to get my hands on the version you just received. Really love how that looks with the gate and torches.

Topper (resized).JPGTopper (resized).JPG
#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

The Tilt Toppers homepage still shows your model, but if you actually go to purchase one under "shop" you see that the version they are producing now looks different. I would love to get my hands on the version you just received. Really love how that looks with the gate and torches.[quoted image]

Your picture is the only version I see at Tilt. Still way better than Stern's version.

#4481 4 years ago

Its 11 inches tall[quoted image]

I can’t find your topper on their website. If you check, it’s different, there is no tower like on yours.
However, 1 inch too high for me

#4482 4 years ago

The Tilt Toppers homepage still shows your model, but if you actually go to purchase one under "shop" you see that the version they are producing now looks different. I would love to get my hands on the version you just received. Really love how that looks with the gate and torches.[quoted image]

The one on the shop is for the Data East JP. The new one is on the homepage as "CONTACT US TO RESERVE YOURS TODAY" which explains why the product isn't in the store to purchase normally yet.

#4483 4 years ago

I Ordered mine back in November. It was a one time run. I Just got mine delivered on Wednesday. I believe if you want one you would have to contact them and see if they have any left.Like their web site says "Contact us to reserve today"

#4484 4 years ago

Do u get the nerdy award champion only by draining out the right outlane a whole bunch?
is it possible to get 12 million?

#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Do u get the nerdy award champion only by draining out the right outlane a whole bunch?

I’ve never gotten a Nerdy award before.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I think the Nedry value builds with hits to the 2x target and then is awarded if you drain down the outline on the right. So depending on how many times you hit the 2x and drain out the right side I'd think you could get that amount.

#4487 4 years ago

ebay.com link: itm shooter rods diy

#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’ve never gotten a Nerdy award before.

Ha! That dude loves giving out points on my game....

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I can’t find your topper on their website. If you check, it’s different, there is no tower like on yours.
However, 1 inch too high for me

That’s because it was a limited edition topper! It looks great installed if you can find one

FB74877C-A4CD-44B1-B183-A7A06453E3A4 (resized).jpegFB74877C-A4CD-44B1-B183-A7A06453E3A4 (resized).jpeg
#4490 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the one way gate into the pops getting stuck open (stuck on top of the bottom left pop bumper)?? It has started happening just about every time I play and having trouble figuring out a permanent solution.

#4491 4 years ago

Play pinball, they said. It'll take your mind off things, they said.
IMG_5647 (resized).jpgIMG_5647 (resized).jpg

#4492 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

That’s because it was a limited edition topper! It looks great installed if you can find one[quoted image]

Sold by tilt topper, correct?

And which HP lights did you installed? Thanks

#4493 4 years ago

I joined the club,last week.....wow this game is a blast. I traded a DILE for this game. I can't stop playing this game! It's probably the best Stern in years. Whoever did the animations and graphics should be applauded, it looks better than anything I've ever seen....even the Hobbit.

#4494 4 years ago

Welcome to the club Kvan!

#4495 4 years ago

Holy crap this is a good game! I had never played one before ordering mine...just went by what everyone was saying.

In fact it was reading everything that convinced me to get this over the game I was really looking at, Deadpool. Deadpool wins on theme for me and theme has always been important to me, but the more I read, the clearer it became that I would enjoy JP more.

I like shorter ball time games with tough shots. Cleary by the reviews Deadpool is a longer ball time pin vs JP.

Glad I did my homework becasue this game rocks. I'm not going to review it for a while, I have way too much to learn, but I can tell this will be in my collection for a long time.

#4496 4 years ago

Just joined the club on a premium today. This is my 3rd machine - have monster bash and Deadpool. There is so much to learn gameplay wise, I have no idea what I am doing. The T-Rex is the coolest toy i have by far.

#4497 4 years ago

Has anyone discusses the More Goat option in the settings menu? I just turned it on....LOL! It's freaking hilarious. They got a bunch of Goat animations peppered through the game. It cracks me up.

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from MrElbow:

Has anyone had an issue with the one way gate into the pops getting stuck open (stuck on top of the bottom left pop bumper)?? It has started happening just about every time I play and having trouble figuring out a permanent solution.

Mine wasnt sticking open, but closing so slowly that a ball would often bounce straight back out and stdm.

I cut the end off an old leaf switch and attached as in the photo, never had a problem since, and it's virtually undetectable during normal play.

I do have an issue with the one way gate at the centre lane/spinner sticking up, but it doesn't seem to cause much of a problem, and I may even remove it completely

20200222_132814 (resized).jpg20200222_132814 (resized).jpg
#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Holy crap this is a good game! I had never played one before ordering mine...just went by what everyone was saying.
In fact it was reading everything that convinced me to get this over the game I was really looking at, Deadpool. Deadpool wins on theme for me and theme has always been important to me, but the more I read, the clearer it became that I would enjoy JP more.
I like shorter ball time games with tough shots. Cleary by the reviews Deadpool is a longer ball time pin vs JP.
Glad I did my homework becasue this game rocks. I'm not going to review it for a while, I have way too much to learn, but I can tell this will be in my collection for a long time.

I love my deadpool, but you are right about ball times. A few games of deadpool takes a while! My other pin is star wars comic premium which is much faster so it balances out.

Wifey just gave me the go ahead for game 3 so Im thinking either JP2 premium or if ninja turtles gets announced in a somewhat timely fashion. Timeline will be around june/july for me so well see.

#4500 4 years ago

Added a shaker last night, adds so damn much to this game in my opinion, wow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/90?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.