(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 426.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

The Virus Attack mode has a new meaning these days. I haven't been able to beat it. Someone needs to beat it on our country's behalf!

Haha. I just picked up this game and have been playing on location since July. Until yesterday I haven’t been able to complete a control room mode or a trex event (did I mention I am a beginner player). Yesterday I did complete the virus attack mode and felt very accomplished. Finally found the groove of hitting that control room shot.

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've had a pteranodon attack over 350mil.

I still haven't figured out how to make the most out of Pteranodon. Do you build the carryover multiplier with switch hits (spinner is good) and completely avoid hitting the right ramp while it's running, do that a few times and cash in? Or is there something else to build the jackpot? I try to do that but I can't seem to avoid accidentally going up the right ramp when I'm doing it

#4403 4 years ago

I have a pro and I’ve seen some people mentioning having problems with the loops.

When you hit the right loop is the up post supposed to always come up or just sometimes. At times mine will come up while others it doesn’t. Just wondering if I need to adjust the switch or if this is normal.

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I have a pro and I’ve seen some people mentioning having problems with the loops.
When you hit the right loop is the up post supposed to always come up or just sometimes. At times mine will come up while others it doesn’t. Just wondering if I need to adjust the switch or if this is normal.

It comes up if the truck is facing to the right when you hit the loop.

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I still haven't figured out how to make the most out of Pteranodon. Do you build the carryover multiplier with switch hits (spinner is good) and completely avoid hitting the right ramp while it's running, do that a few times and cash in? Or is there something else to build the jackpot? I try to do that but I can't seem to avoid accidentally going up the right ramp when I'm doing it

Basically exactly what you said, avoid the right ramp as the value and multiplier grows.
There's also a +10× pteranodon bonus for one of the fossil sets, first one I think.

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I don't worry about Chaos, other than making sure I hit the C early, the other letters happen on their own. I'd focus on the TRex modes to increase your score, and try and keep away from the centre dinos. Make sure you clear the paddocks before moving on to the next. Not only do you get the perfect paddock bonus, but the more rescues you get, the more smart missiles you get. Don't be afraid to abort them, and save for further along when you can clear a tough paddock with a single shot.
Practice shooting the amber target as often as possible. It's needed for the smart missiles, but also getting the letter jackpots in chaos, it also feeds to the pops which increases amber, switch hits in pteranodon attack, as well as giving a nice controlled feed to the upper flipper.

Thank you for this !!

#4407 4 years ago

Today i found two more clear coat chippings at the guide of the left orbit and the tower shot...
Would it be so hard for stern to put a washer there? Already send the photos to my distributor.
Im not amused.

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Today i found two more clear coat chippings at the guide of the left orbit and the tower shot...
Would it be so hard for stern to put a washer there? Already send the photos to my distributor.
Im not amused.

That isn’t amusing

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You build the base jackpot for the MB by hitting all/some of the lit shots. I've had the base up to 7mil.
Then when mb starts, hitting the jackpots in order (lit red and starting from the left) doubles the base. So first up 7, then 14, 28, 56 & 112. The Super is the sum of all of the jackpots you lit - in this case that would be 217. (Mine was 191mil).
If you hit a shot out of order, you lose the chance of dou ling up the shots until you have collected the super, then it all starts again.
I did think that the next super would be the sum of ALL the jps you'd hit (which is why my commentary got a little excitable as I hit my second super) but that's not the case.
A friends son has had a Trex MB over 800mil.
There are lots of good scoring opportunities throughout the game.
All of the Control Room modes can produce over 100mil.
The Trex modes can as well, but Rampage can be massive as the mode doesn't stop once you've earned the fossil. My best is 660mil, and I drained before time ran out.
Collecting all of the rescues from a paddock also gives you a perfect paddock bonus which increases as you go along.
I've had a pteranodon attack over 350mil.
Visitors Centre and Museum Mayhem are easier to get to than Secure Control Room, and all 3 have great potential.
Add in Invalid Frenzy, Loop awards, Tower awards, DNA combos, 2x playfield, Escape Nublar and When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth and it is far and away the best game released in 2019 (if not ever) and worthy of all of the Twipy award it received

Definitely a lot I wasn't aware of, or haven't dug into yet.
Appreciate the insight, a lot more of the game makes sense now.

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Im not amused.

You might want to check the screws under your apron also. Just like the ball guide at the left orbit, the apron screws can be tightened too much and cut into the playfield also.

It would definitely be nice for them to put some fabric or rubber washers at all ball guide and apron screws. Here are a couple posts I made about what I did at the apron and then at the left orbit guide.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66#post-5328991

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/17#post-5225712

#4411 4 years ago

Those red shots in TRex MB are like crack, I can't help but focus only on them, and usually screw up the whole MB. But, when I finally get 'em, 200M+ totals!

#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Those red shots in TRex MB are like crack, I can't help but focus only on them, and usually screw up the whole MB. But, when I finally get 'em, 200M+ totals!

LOL. Yep I feel the same. Probably 50% of the time T-Rex MB is activated I don't get to play because I'm greedy and trying to juice up the jackpot on the gold arrow shots and drain without starting MB. Then the other 50% of the time when I manage to get it started I get too greedy trying to go in order on the jackpots. Super fun trying for it all though!!!

#4413 4 years ago

I have a strategy just for the hurryup part; first go for the right ramp to get its JP boost plus it feeds the two side shots, I try to get one. I keep shooting rt ramp to set up the side shots until I get them both or the timer runs low, then shoot the (easy) center shot to reset timer and more chances at the side shots. Once I get them (or if timer runs low again), shoot S combo into left ramp to start with max possible value.

I can usually flutter-trap the post release on MB start, then try for C with autolaunch.. if I miss, post pass and try again.. all about the red arrows from then on LOL

#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Im not amused.

I loosened all my guide rails and inserted small fiber washers at key points just as preventative maintenance...haven't had any issues...Once you fix your chips with automotive clear or through your distributor (doubtful outside of a clearcoat repair kit) , I would highly recommend to prevent further damage. Not sure why they don't come from the factory that way.

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I loosened all my guide rails and inserted small fiber washers at key points just as preventative maintenance...haven't had any issues...Once you fix your chips with automotive clear or through your distributor (doubtful outside of a clearcoat repair kit) , I would highly recommend to prevent further damage. Not sure why they don't come from the factory that way.

Do you have a picture of that - and source for fiber washers?
Also - did you put anything under the post at the upper flipper?

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Im not amused.

Well there’s goes my idea of buying a pro after the coronapocolypse.

#4417 4 years ago

Has anybody replaced/upgraded your speakers? If so what did you use and did it improve the sound? I’m considering the Flipper Fidelity speakers.

#4418 4 years ago

I am having an issue with the ball jumping as it transfers from the right inlane to the right flipper. I have posted a very short slo motion video of the issue here:

This is my first pin and I'm learning about setup. This jump leads to inconsistent shots from right flipper. The left flipper transfers smoothly but the right is very different and i dont think it is designed to be like that.

thanks for any help
mark

#4419 4 years ago

JP76 I installed the PinWoofer super kit and I love it. It came with everything you need to get great sound. And it looks like it’s still on sale.

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

I am having an issue with the ball jumping as it transfers from the right inlane to the right flipper. I have posted a very short slo motion video of the issue here:

This is my first pin and I'm learning about setup. This jump leads to inconsistent shots from right flipper. The left flipper transfers smoothly but the right is very different and i dont think it is designed to be like that.
thanks for any help
mark

I realize it's a long thread but this has been covered numerous times. Loosen the inlane guide screws (all 4). Push the guide upwards while you re-tighten the screws. Normal maintenance/tweaking.

#4421 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

thanks for any help
mark

Because of the gap between the ball guide and the flipper, when the ball is going slow to the flipper then it will fall a bit before reaching the flipper and hop some. Is the same thing happening when you release the ball from the top of the inlane? I've had hopping issues on my left flipper. I unscrewed the ball guide and was able to push them just a fraction of an inch higher and retighten. After that, when a ball comes down the full inlane there isn't any hop. However, when the ball is held at the left post and releases (similar location on the left as your finger in your video) there is still some hop because of the slow speed of the ball and the gap between the flipper and the guide. So bottom line for mine now is I don't have hop on balls coming down the full lane but there is still some hop when released from the post, and it doesn't seem like that part is avoidable because of the slower speed of the ball not getting it across the gap. If it's happening from the top of the inlane then see if you can nudge the guide up slightly. Good luck!

#4422 4 years ago

Hi there.
Joined the club this morning!

8D06F718-5F39-4AB9-867F-56CE17FB6346 (resized).jpeg8D06F718-5F39-4AB9-867F-56CE17FB6346 (resized).jpeg
#4423 4 years ago

The playfield design is amazing and the flow of the game incredible.
I will see the gameplay progressively.
However The general artwork is so-so. It could have been better in my opinion

#4425 4 years ago

Wow that topper looks disappointing, especially after the BKSOR topper. I was really hoping for the iconic gates as the topper and motorised to open and close.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow that topper looks disappointing, especially after the BKSOR topper. I was really hoping for the iconic gates as the topper and motorised to open and close.

Just told my brother the exact same thing. Lol.

#4427 4 years ago

Maybe the Dinosaurs are motorized...?

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Maybe the Dinosaurs are motorized...?

Maybe.
But I have come to expect not much from Stern toppers except big prices.
But every once in awhile we get a Batman. Black Knight or Game of Thrones.

#4429 4 years ago

Spent an hour or so today dialing this amazing pin in... adjusted flippers, adjusted strengths, put washers under the shooter lane... plays like a dream. Believe it or not, my “O” shot is easier than the “A” shot now.

#4430 4 years ago

What did you do to make the o shot easier

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

thanks for any help
mark

Yeah, flipper hop is pretty common and really annoying.
I've gone as far as reaming out the lane guide screw hole and moving the T-nut on a system-9 I have. When pushing up the guide itself didn't work. It was crazy how bad the alignment was on that game.

alternatively Cliffy makes some lane guides to combat this issue as well. I recently got some for my demolition man.

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Spent an hour or so today dialing this amazing pin in... adjusted flippers, adjusted strengths, put washers under the shooter lane... plays like a dream. Believe it or not, my “O” shot is easier than the “A” shot now.

I did the same the other day and wow.. plays so much better. Best. Pin. Ever.

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I did the same the other day and wow.. plays so much better. Best. Pin. Ever.

Finding the sweet spot between pitch and flipper power is huge on this machine. A bit tough to do since changing flipper power can help in finding one shot at the expense of losing a bit on another, but when you find a good balanced setup it's such a rush. This game is crazy fun to play.

#4434 4 years ago

so you dont use the standard factory flipper strength? I checked it in the settings, and those are already set on different strengths (255/235), so i trusted those. i set the game on 7°, is it worth to play around with those factors? My main problem is the Helipad ramp, since its so much needed when getting deeper into the game, sometimes i need 6 tries.
I have the game now for 2 weeks and i feel like im not making any more progress. pteranodon paddock at best, no visitor center for me.
i have days, i can shoot combos like crazy and the next day i'm even not hitting the t-trex ramp most of the time i only get one extraball from 6 rescues, i have to learn the code better too, but it seems to be hard to get more extraballs. (fossils, t-rex, smart missile)

i was not able to dial in my loop, so that the O shot feeds O shot again by holding up upper flipper. I read EaglePin's posts about it, but the ball goes down too low, and barely can reach the tip of the upper flipper. the only idea would be to bend the lane guide... that could cause trouble, because i also have to make that shot the other way around.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

so you dont use the standard factory flipper strength? I checked it in the settings, and those are already set on different strengths (255/235), so i trusted those. i set the game on 7°, is it worth to play around with those factors? My main problem is the Helipad ramp, since its so much needed when getting deeper into the game, sometimes i need 6 tries.
I have the game now for 2 weeks and i feel like im not making any more progress. pteranodon paddock at best, no visitor center for me.
i have days, i can shoot combos like crazy and the next day i'm even not hitting the t-trex ramp most of the time i only get one extraball from 6 rescues, i have to learn the code better too, but it seems to be hard to get more extraballs. (fossils, t-rex, smart missile)
i was not able to dial in my loop, so that the O shot feeds O shot again by holding up upper flipper. I read EaglePin's posts about it, but the ball goes down too low, and barely can reach the tip of the upper flipper. the only idea would be to bend the lane guide... that could cause trouble, because i also have to make that shot the other way around.

Trying very small changes to both pitch and flipper strength can make a big difference on shots. Check that your game is level left to right also. Maybe try 6.9 or 6.8 degrees pitch to see if that helps the ball hit the flipper from the orbit exit. For the helipad maybe try lowering the flipper strength a little and also check to see that the ball does not bounce too much as it rolls off of the left ball guide and onto the flipper. It's best if the ball rolls smoothly down the front of every flipper. It definitely takes some time experimenting with very small changes to pitch and flipper strength, and not every machine will be the exact same so it's best to just try to find what works best on your machine. Good luck!

#4436 4 years ago

Make sure all ur flippers are lined up with the indentations... both of my right flippers needed adjusting.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For me, I started out with the s shot being the hardest in the game...I really dialed in my main flippers, I mean dead center in the bat tips to the alignment holes. I measure my angle with a digital level in the center of the playfield... It's about 7.1 at the top and 6.9 near the flippers and exactly 7.0 dead center... Then it was just practice practice practice...I still haven't made it to the visitor center, very close but not yet, but the helipad shot has become much much easier... Using Superband flipper rubber really helped as well... Just keep at it... You'll get it

#4438 4 years ago

I waxed my playfield with one grand wax for the first time two weeks ago. After that I got to visitor center 2 times and cleared museum mayhem for the first time. Got superbands on the flippers, great game!

#4439 4 years ago

thanks, flippers are aligned, playfield is perfecty leveled and i'm using titan comp. rubbers and reduced ball hopp by inlane adjusting.
i know that experience with fresh waxing
i'll start with adjusting flipper strengh.

i swaped to transparent rubbers to avoid this black dirt, but somehow JP gets dirty very fast, whats your experience?
do you have a strategy on getting extraballs?

anyone tried to make the machine quieter with foam inside of the cabinet? the flippers are really loud on this one.

#4440 4 years ago

OMG, just reduced every flipper strength to 235. it made all the difference and reduced airballs alot.
maybe this would have prevented some clear coat chipping too...

the flipper strength difference changes the S shot at the flipper maybe about 0.5- 1cm. Before, i have had to wait until the straight part of the rubber got passed by the ball and then shoot with rounded tip edge of the flipper. I realize now that this made the shot very hard.

#4441 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Been combing through gameplay videos to try and answer my own question but haven't turned anything useful up. On a soft plunge, is the ball supposed to bounce off the rubber beneath the helicopter and go straight into the left slingshot or do I need to adjust something? It does this 100% of the time on soft plunges and helipad shots that don't make it all the way up. Punishing the whiffed shot makes sense, but I don't see how half the secret skillshots are possible if it's intentional. As you can see, the rubber definitely sticks out way past the lane guide.

jp_bounce (resized).pngjp_bounce (resized).png
#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hey guys,
Been combing through gameplay videos to try and answer my own question but haven't turned anything useful up. On a soft plunge, is the ball supposed to bounce off the rubber beneath the helicopter and go straight into the left slingshot or do I need to adjust something? It does this 100% of the time on soft plunges and helipad shots that don't make it all the way up. Punishing the whiffed shot makes sense, but I don't see how half the secret skillshots are possible if it's intentional. As you can see, the rubber definitely sticks out way past the lane guide.[quoted image]

Mine does't bounce to the left sling, it bounces to about the middle of the left flipper for an easy catch.

#4443 4 years ago

Depends on tha angle of the pf, to where the ball lands.

#4444 4 years ago

My JP (premium) is arriving today! New toy during this shit show is perfect. AND, my IM just got a code update yesterday!

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Also depends on the softness of the plunge. On mine, a really soft plunge goes to the flippers. A medium/hard soft plunge goes to the left sling.

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Mine does't bounce to the left sling, it bounces to about the middle of the left flipper for an easy catch.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Quoted from snaroff:

Also depends on the softness of the plunge. On mine, a really soft plunge goes to the flippers. A medium/hard soft plunge goes to the left sling.

But it DOES always bounce off the corner of that rubber regardless of any of those factors, correct? This area where the rubber protrudes out past the lane guide is intentional? If so then cool beans, just want to make sure that's how it was designed.

jp_bounce2 (resized).jpgjp_bounce2 (resized).jpg
#4447 4 years ago

But it DOES always bounce off the corner of that rubber regardless of any of those factors, correct? This area where the rubber protrudes out past the lane guide is intentional? If so then cool beans, just want to make sure that's how it was designed.[quoted image]

Yes the bounce off the rubber is by design.

#4448 4 years ago

Just cut that rubber off.

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes the bounce off the rubber is by design.

Cool, thanks. Is it also by design that whenever this light is lit, the slings fire directly into the outlanes 100% of the time?

jp_bounce3 (resized).jpgjp_bounce3 (resized).jpg
#4450 4 years ago

Cool, thanks. Is it also by design that whenever this light is lit, the slings fire directly into the outlanes 100% of the time?[quoted image]

Correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/89?hl=charger68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.