(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 426.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverTarga:

I have a JP pro that the bumpers near the flippers only engage in test and not upon ball impact. Unable to open a support ticket due to the shutdown of Illinois business. If someone could give me some tips I would much appreciate it.
[quoted image]

Hopefully just a simple leaf switch adjustment. Hard to tell for sure, but in the picture it almost looks like they switches are closed at "rest"? If so, that would keep them from firing. If not, then they may be adjusted too far apart, to where the ball impact is not enough to get them to fire. Can you get them to fire with your finger?

(Sorry if there are super obvious things you already checked...not sure your experience level, so no intent to offend)

#4352 4 years ago

Fixed! Thanks guys. Stuck closed switch.

#4353 4 years ago

The screws of the T-Rex ramps posts, holding that airball protector always come loose.
Yesterday, they unscrewed! themself, falling on the PF.

I read about using the blue locktite, but those are screws i dont want to glue because i change rubbers from the posts etc.
Is there another solution and do your screws also get loose?

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Just picked up a premium yesterday! Now to learn some rules. Love the shots, sounds, action. Great game.

My pro is two weeks old and I'm just starting to layer in some strategy myself... wiki is a good resource for sure:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The screws of the T-Rex ramps posts, holding that airball protector always come loose.
Yesterday, they unscrewed! themself, falling on the PF.
I read about using the blue locktite, but those are screws i dont want to glue because i change rubbers from the posts etc.
Is there another solution and do your screws also get loose?

Blue locktite is fine, it's not like "glue" it will just keep it tight enough to not back out. Just dont put Red locktite there, THAT is almost like glue.

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverTarga:

I have a JP pro that the bumpers near the flippers only engage in test and not upon ball impact. Unable to open a support ticket due to the shutdown of Illinois business. If someone could give me some tips I would much appreciate it.

Check the gap between your leaf switch in your pic it looks like they may be touching.
Never mind older post need to refresh my browser

#4357 4 years ago

#4358 4 years ago

Just installed a PinWoofer super kit. Holy shit.

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just installed a PinWoofer super kit. Holy shit.

Yep. You should hear the improvement on AC/DC, Metallica, KISS, etc...awesome!

#4360 4 years ago

Looking at my shooter rod spring last night, the color appears to be green. The manual says it should be orange P/N 266-5001-07. Which one is correct? The shooter doesn't always make it up the reverse ramp to hit the props with a full pull. Is the orange spring stronger than the "Green" one that came with my game? Build date is 2/24/2020.

Thank you!

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Looking at my shooter rod spring last night, the color appears to be green. The manual says it should be orange P/N 266-5001-07. Which one is correct? The shooter doesn't always make it up the reverse ramp to hit the props with a full pull. Is the orange spring stronger than the "Green" one that came with my game? Build date is 2/24/2020.
Thank you!

Yes, orange is stronger and is also what your JP should have

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I think I read that many came with green, but the suggestion was to switch to orange. Not sure if production switched at some point? Mine was changed to orange and is 100% or very close to it.

My problem is the auto plunge. I am no stranger to adjusting auto plungers as I have fought that battle with many machines successfully, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get JP consistent. It will be perfect 10 times in a row, and then I'll get a nasty weak rattle...3 more good smooth and strong, another nasty weak rattle, etc. Tried much fork bending, tried the washer(s) under the left side of the plunger lane rail trick, tried adjusting the strength settings way up and way down, made sure the mech is tight and solid, etc. Always the same thing...about 75% super smooth, 25% total crap with no apparent reason. It's maddening. If anyone has additional ideas, I'm all ears.

#4363 4 years ago

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think I read that many came with

Thanks for the input. Mine being so new, figured it would have been changed to Origen. Oh well. Ordered an orange and a red spring just for giggles from Marco. Will see how they act.

My auto shooter is hit and miss too. 79% it sends the ball to the rotor blades. Haven’t tried to adjust it’s power. Saw on here about shimming the guide fork in the shooter lane to assist. May look into it as well.

#4364 4 years ago

Not my overall best game, but did include a Trex MB Super Jackpot of nearly 200mil, plus Visitor Centre.

Best watched on tablet or phone, there's some other videos including IMdn, GotG & AS on my channel.

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think I read that many came with green, but the suggestion was to switch to orange. Not sure if production switched at some point? Mine was changed to orange and is 100% or very close to it.
My problem is the auto plunge. I am no stranger to adjusting auto plungers as I have fought that battle with many machines successfully, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get JP consistent. It will be perfect 10 times in a row, and then I'll get a nasty weak rattle...3 more good smooth and strong, another nasty weak rattle, etc. Tried much fork bending, tried the washer(s) under the left side of the plunger lane rail trick, tried adjusting the strength settings way up and way down, made sure the mech is tight and solid, etc. Always the same thing...about 75% super smooth, 25% total crap with no apparent reason. It's maddening. If anyone has additional ideas, I'm all ears.

I have the green spring and my build date was in late December. I've increased the power of the auto-plunge and raised the left side of the fork as others have suggested with a few small washers. Mine still behaves inconsistently like you are describing, so I guess the orange spring is the only option left. I'd say mine works 80-90% of the time, but definitely auto-plunges weak randomly and it's frustrating for sure.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have the green spring and my build date was in late December. I've increased the power of the auto-plunge and raised the left side of the fork as others have suggested with a few small washers. Mine still behaves inconsistently like you are describing, so I guess the orange spring is the only option left. I'd say mine works 80-90% of the time, but definitely auto-plunges weak randomly and it's frustrating for sure.

I have a couple washers under the left fork, but that didn't seem to do much. Maybe a few percent better but not the miracle it was for some.

Your comment about auto being weak randomly is spot on...it doesn't seem to be an alignment issue with how consistent my manual plunge is and the fact that the launch forks are dead on where they should be on mine (and I tried a few different angles). It is really like it just randomly gets limp noodle. Then again that does bring rattling around with it, which makes me think something isn't staying perfectly aligned either. Weird one...I have a feeling I just need to live with it on this one. At least my manual is near perfect.

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

At least my manual is near perfect.

Mine is the same. I also did the fork fix with the washers but I need to take a peek at some slo-mo on my auto-launch.

Unfortunately auto-plunge kicks in a lot on this game - add-a-ball, ball save, multi-ball - and it is very inconsistent on my game. Wondering if it’s an electronics issue at this point (dying coil)??

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Mine is the same. I also did the fork fix with the washers but I need to take a peek at some slo-mo on my auto-launch.
Unfortunately auto-plunge kicks in a lot on this game - add-a-ball, ball save, multi-ball - and it is very inconsistent on my game. Wondering if it’s an electronics issue at this point (dying coil)??

I'm curious if the auto-launch isn't waiting long enough after the kickout into the lane, and it just needs another half-second or so for the ball to settle before trying to launch.

#4369 4 years ago

I recently picked up a slightly used Jurassic Park Premium, and am loving it. However when I first got it, Trex was capturing the ball probably 80% of the time, and a few days ago, decided to be contrary. It now captures 1 out of 4 shots, and it's maddening me. I tried adjusting the head so it's centered and the right height, and adjusted the right flipper power both up and down - all to no avail. I'm sure this has come up before, and I'm trying to find it on the forum, but I can't find out exactly what right or left bias refers to. I may be wrong in what I'm expecting with those adjustments (it takes a long time to read this whole thing, but I'm working on it). Thanks in advance David

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

I recently picked up a slightly used Jurassic Park Premium, and am loving it. However when I first got it, Trex was capturing the ball probably 80% of the time, and a few days ago, decided to be contrary. It now captures 1 out of 4 shots, and it's maddening me. I tried adjusting the head so it's centered and the right height, and adjusted the right flipper power both up and down - all to no avail. I'm sure this has come up before, and I'm trying to find it on the forum, but I can't find out exactly what right or left bias refers to. I may be wrong in what I'm expecting with those adjustments (it takes a long time to read this whole thing, but I'm working on it). Thanks in advance David

It’s likely the opto not recognizing the ball that may hop out of its range causing it not to activate the magnet in the Trex mouth. Stern has created a fix.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4371 4 years ago

It’s likely the opto not recognizing the ball that may hop out of its range causing it not to activate the magnet in the Trex mouth. Stern has created a fix.
[quoted image]

How new is this fix and does it work 100%?

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

How new is this fix and does it work 100%?

All my clean shots seem to be catching. It’s free from Stern why not try it

#4373 4 years ago

All my clean shots seem to be catching. It’s free from Stern why not try it

I requested mine a month ago. Not sure when stern started using it. But it is pretty new

#4374 4 years ago

Anyone know which other coil might be compatible with a 22-1080 coil for the flipper. My left flipper became pretty weak and I don't have the same exact coil on hand thanks.

#4375 4 years ago

You can test for the opto issue. Go into the test menu and select the left ramp test. it'll count the number of times the ramp entry opto is tripped and the amount of times the ramp exit opto is tripped.

Hit a few balls up the ramp and see if you have more exits than entrances. Start resets as 1/2 bricked shots might trigger an entry but obviously should trigger the exit.

If the opto is the issue, after 10 shots you should have 2-3 entrances and 10 exits.

Quoted from dgilmore80:

It now captures 1 out of 4 shots

#4376 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Anyone know which other coil might be compatible with a 22-1080 coil for the flipper. My left flipper became pretty weak and I don't have the same exact coil on hand thanks.

Before you replace the coil, have you checked the coil stop to make sure that isn’t the problem? It’s been a somewhat frequent issue causing weak flippers.

#4377 4 years ago

I requested mine a month ago. Not sure when stern started using it. But it is pretty new

I ask because my machine had the updated metal bracket on the left side of the ramp entrance and the black spacers for the roof plastic. I know the older machines didn't have the metal bracket so wasn't sure if this kit just brings the original run machines to mine in terms of how it shipped or if this is truly unrelated.

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I ask because my machine had the updated metal bracket on the left side of the ramp entrance and the black spacers for the roof plastic. I know the older machines didn't have the metal bracket so wasn't sure if this kit just brings the original run machines to mine in terms of how it shipped or if this is truly unrelated.

If you have the updated one then never mind what I said. Lol

#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Before you replace the coil, have you checked the coil stop to make sure that isn’t the problem? It’s been a somewhat frequent issue causing weak flippers.

I'll take it to make sure it looks fine but I'll double check.

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'll take it to make sure it looks fine but I'll double check.

Funk how it looks. It's probably bad.
If that rivet is loose it's shot.
2 of 3 of mine were bad within a month.

#4381 4 years ago

BTW Not for nuthin' but Johnny Crap crushed this premium art.
I don't love all the models art but the premium is money, the translite is growing on me. (Except the stone stegosaurus)

The Playfields are gorgeous.

#4382 4 years ago

Now you can't unsee it.

#4383 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I struggled with this for over a year in another title. Turned out to be that copper looking stopper at end of coil. If replacing it - your best best is a rebuild kit that will also include the rod that might now be mushroomed at the tip. You'll also see some metal dust in the cab.

#4384 4 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I struggled with this for over a year in another title. Turned out to be that copper looking stopper at end of coil. If replacing it - your best best is a rebuild kit that will also include the rod that might now be mushroomed at the tip. You'll also see some metal dust in the cab.

This early on, your plunger probably isn't in need of replacement (but worth checking) and certainly not a full rebuild kit.
A bunch of brass dust in the cab under said flipper is a dead giveaway though.
These coil stops are notoriously bad.

Order 3.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Try removing the black spacers under the plastic cover at the entrance to the ramp - see if that helps.

#4386 4 years ago

Just picked up a pro last week and am loving it. First pin I’ve ever owned and am enjoying dialing in all the shots. I think I may need to adjust the upper flipper angle as it dips towards the S lane more that I think it should. When playing on location I can hit a fast O shot, hold the flipper up, and the ball will hit the raised flipper coming out of the orbit and shoot back up the O lane to the pops (which I love). On mine, the ball hits the raised upper flipper and goes partway up the A ramp (which I don’t love).

How do you go about adjusting flipper angle on a pin? Thanks in advance!

92386436-4E84-4CC1-9D61-00D2EA9234DE (resized).jpeg92386436-4E84-4CC1-9D61-00D2EA9234DE (resized).jpegD4E16DB2-5CFB-4C14-832F-6029EFD2EA78 (resized).jpegD4E16DB2-5CFB-4C14-832F-6029EFD2EA78 (resized).jpeg
#4387 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Try removing the black spacers under the plastic cover at the entrance to the ramp - see if that helps.

Did that already and it helped but still not 100%

#4388 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep it was the coil stop fixed it today thanks.

#4389 4 years ago

How is everybody's right loop working at this point? I did the washer mod a while back, but it's still missing like crazy. Left loop has been better.

#4390 4 years ago

This game is so damn awesome !! Had it for a couple of months and it truly gives me the "one more game" feel - it's so good.

Keith is the best thing Stern has done in so many years.

Whens his next game and can I put a deposit on it already lol

#4391 4 years ago

The Virus Attack mode has a new meaning these days. I haven't been able to beat it. Someone needs to beat it on our country's behalf!

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not my overall best game, but did include a Trex MB Super Jackpot of nearly 200mil, plus Visitor Centre.
Best watched on tablet or phone, there's some other videos including IMdn, GotG & AS on my channel.

damn, you got more points on that trex multiball then I have totaled on my best game.
so you have to shoot the red shots with a multiplyer to get a super that big, is there anything else I'm missing?
The only multiball I can actually get descent scores at is raptor.

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Just picked up a pro last week and am loving it. First pin I’ve ever owned and am enjoying dialing in all the shots. I think I may need to adjust the upper flipper angle as it dips towards the S lane more that I think it should. When playing on location I can hit a fast O shot, hold the flipper up, and the ball will hit the raised flipper coming out of the orbit and shoot back up the O lane to the pops (which I love). On mine, the ball hits the raised upper flipper and goes partway up the A ramp (which I don’t love).
How do you go about adjusting flipper angle on a pin? Thanks in advance![quoted image][quoted image]

I'm iterested in this too. I see this double loop working on most streams, but not on my pin.
You just can fine adjust this. Reference should be the post. If you ball comes down the O lane, the post should prevent a center drain.
So you dont have much to play with. There is also a small hole next to the post for flipper adjustment, but that point cant be right imo.

EDIT, just found that on the other thread:

Quoted from sk8ball:

Correct for the bottom flippers. Top flipper the hole aligns to the top of the bat.

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

damn, you got more points on that trex multiball then I have totaled on my best game.
so you have to shoot the red shots with a multiplyer to get a super that big, is there anything else I'm missing?

Trex multiball isn't worth much unless you absolutely crush it

For me, and what I do - and trust me I'm not a great player but my highest score is 784M so far, I mostly ignore going for the raptor multiball initially.

I try and get Chaos spelled out as quickly as I can, and then try and get to a Control room mode or the Trex Chase and then start Chaos to stack it with 2X scoring lit. I can blow up the machine that way.

From there I then will go for Raptor MB and then try for Chaos a second time as I go. Still haven't even been able to get to the visitor center, though. Tough game.

#4395 4 years ago

I have a question, i changed the balls from day one, since the stern ones are not high gloss.
Now i read that on pins where magnets are used, i should use low magnetic balls. I didn't notice any problems so far.
Should i swap them?

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

You build the base jackpot for the MB by hitting all/some of the lit shots. I've had the base up to 7mil.
Then when mb starts, hitting the jackpots in order (lit red and starting from the left) doubles the base. So first up 7, then 14, 28, 56 & 112. The Super is the sum of all of the jackpots you lit - in this case that would be 217. (Mine was 191mil).
If you hit a shot out of order, you lose the chance of dou ling up the shots until you have collected the super, then it all starts again.
I did think that the next super would be the sum of ALL the jps you'd hit (which is why my commentary got a little excitable as I hit my second super) but that's not the case.

A friends son has had a Trex MB over 800mil.

There are lots of good scoring opportunities throughout the game.

All of the Control Room modes can produce over 100mil.
The Trex modes can as well, but Rampage can be massive as the mode doesn't stop once you've earned the fossil. My best is 660mil, and I drained before time ran out.
Collecting all of the rescues from a paddock also gives you a perfect paddock bonus which increases as you go along.
I've had a pteranodon attack over 350mil.

Visitors Centre and Museum Mayhem are easier to get to than Secure Control Room, and all 3 have great potential.

Add in Invalid Frenzy, Loop awards, Tower awards, DNA combos, 2x playfield, Escape Nublar and When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth and it is far and away the best game released in 2019 (if not ever) and worthy of all of the Twipy award it received

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Trex multiball isn't worth much unless you absolutely crush it
For me, and what I do - and trust me I'm not a great player but my highest score is 784M so far, I mostly ignore going for the raptor multiball initially.
I try and get Chaos spelled out as quickly as I can, and then try and get to a Control room mode or the Trex Chase and then start Chaos to stack it with 2X scoring lit. I can blow up the machine that way.
From there I then will go for Raptor MB and then try for Chaos a second time as I go. Still haven't even been able to get to the visitor center, though. Tough game.

I don't worry about Chaos, other than making sure I hit the C early, the other letters happen on their own. I'd focus on the TRex modes to increase your score, and try and keep away from the centre dinos. Make sure you clear the paddocks before moving on to the next. Not only do you get the perfect paddock bonus, but the more rescues you get, the more smart missiles you get. Don't be afraid to abort them, and save for further along when you can clear a tough paddock with a single shot.

Practice shooting the amber target as often as possible. It's needed for the smart missiles, but also getting the letter jackpots in chaos, it also feeds to the pops which increases amber, switch hits in pteranodon attack, as well as giving a nice controlled feed to the upper flipper.

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have a question, i changed the balls from day one, since the stern ones are not high gloss.
Now i read that on pins where magnets are used, i should use low magnetic balls. I didn't notice any problems so far.
Should i swap them?

"I didn't notice any problems so far"

than all is OK...
on my DI, i saw the magnet effect when sometimes balls were "glued" together in the drain rack...

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I'm iterested in this too. I see this double loop working on most streams, but not on my pin.
You just can fine adjust this. Reference should be the post. If you ball comes down the O lane, the post should prevent a center drain.
So you dont have much to play with. There is also a small hole next to the post for flipper adjustment, but that point cant be right imo.
EDIT, just found that on the other thread:

Spent the better part of an hour trying to make this adjustment yesterday. This was my first ever attempt at adjusting a flipper’s angle and learned a lot during the process. Apparently I wasn’t retightening the clamp enough because after a few game flips it kept shifting on me. Took about 8 attempts of raising the playfield and adjusting, but I feel a lot more familiar with my pin now.

At first, I aligned directly with post. This took the post out of the balls path though, and I got a lot of nasty center drains. Now I have it so the post barely touches the ball, and it sends it to the bottom of the left sling. I did have a repeatable O shot last night, so I believe I got it.

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Should i swap them?

There isn’t a lot of magnet time on the ball playing JP. There should be no problems with the new balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/88?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.