(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,293 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by WB2000
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,293 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 426.
#4301 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

AAAARRRGH!! 600 games, clearcoat is damaged at the upper flippers post.
The post was never loose, because i always checked it!
What can i do now? I payed over 9.000$ here in the EU.
How much will i loose if i want to resell it?
Build date = Dec. 17. 2019
Will i get a replaced, unpopulated PF?
And what can i do to minimize further damage? airgun, PVC washers?
[quoted image]

You can use a "Hard as Nails" Type Fingernail Clear as well.
After a layer or two,you can see if you add the black back, how it looks.
You can add a washer..., as well as printing a small sticker, etc to cover the
washer, if you want to go deeper.

#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You can use a "Hard as Nails" Type Fingernail Clear as well.
After a layer or two,you can see if you add the black back, how it looks.
You can add a washer..., as well as printing a small sticker, etc to cover the
washer, if you want to go deeper.

Cliffy makes a great carbon fiber washer you can put there as well. I did that for my TNA where it chipped a little by a post.

#4303 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I will wait until I know how Stern and my distributor want to proceed.

#4304 4 years ago

My shaker motor developed a squeak tonight. Suddenly it started sounding like an old see-saw that needs oil. Anyone had this happen or know what to look at? I did the shaker motor test to confirm where the squeak is coming from and it's definitely coming from the shaker motor as it starts to slow down after firing.

#4305 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My shaker motor developed a squeak tonight. Suddenly it started sounding like an old see-saw that needs oil. Anyone had this happen or know what to look at? I did the shaker motor test to confirm where the squeak is coming from and it's definitely coming from the shaker motor as it starts to slow down after firing.

Ohhhh, my.... that would drive me absolutely nuts!! But I can't help laughing! The sound running through my brain now

#4306 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ohhhh, my.... that would drive me absolutely nuts!! But I can't help laughing! The sound running through my brain now

Lol, yep it's like nails on a chalkboard - both literally and figuratively.

#4307 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I've had this before. spraying the motor with contact cleaner seems to usually take care of it.

#4308 4 years ago

Anyone in the midwest have a HUO Jurassic Park Pro they would be interested in selling this weekend for cash? Apparently it only took 7 days of house lockdown for my wife to realize how much fun having a pin in our home could be. Hoping someone relatively local can help our family get our first pin. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in selling. Thanks in advance!

#4309 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

AAAARRRGH!! 600 games, clearcoat is damaged at the upper flippers post.
The post was never loose, because i always checked it!
What can i do now? I payed over 9.000$ here in the EU.
How much will i loose if i want to resell it?
Build date = Dec. 17. 2019
Will i get a replaced, unpopulated PF?
And what can i do to minimize further damage? airgun, PVC washers?
[quoted image]

Same, with much less than 600 plays. Tell your distributor. They'll send you a clear touch up kit.

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Cliffy makes a great carbon fiber washer you can put there as well. I did that for my TNA where it chipped a little by a post.

I thought so too, but my carbon fiber washer just keeps slipping down. I can't tighten the post any more either.

#4311 4 years ago

Is there any info about a stern Jp topper ?

#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

...They'll send you a clear touch up kit.

thats a (bad) joke right !?

i still wanna get a JP, but...

#4313 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

2020-03-21 10.31.38.jpg2020-03-21 10.31.38.jpg
#4314 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Think mostly a bad joke. My PF has zero issues.

#4315 4 years ago

oh dear...

but i have a bad memory, as in fact, i had clearcoat small probs on my NIB MET, with a same very small part where the coat was gone (was as it when just out of the box), in the shooterlane

and yes, now i remember, distro did propose me a similar repair kit... didnt took it, let it as it, never go badder, never was a prob

but than MET !!! it was 2013, sure we can found back talks about that here on PINSIDE, i was not the only one

#4316 4 years ago

September build date for my Pro. Has the thinner clear, pulled back artwork as you can see, and the improved post. Just noticed this today when I was cleaning the table...☹️

IMG_20200321_140035 (resized).jpgIMG_20200321_140035 (resized).jpg
#4317 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Think mostly a bad joke. My PF has zero issues.

No it’s not a joke, Stern sent these kits out to customers with various defects in clearcoat over the years.

And lucky you, plenty of people are having issues with their playfields, the old it’s not happened to me the problem doesn’t exist mentality helps no one.

#4318 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No it’s not a joke, Stern sent these kits out to customers with various defects in clearcoat over the years.
And lucky you, plenty of people are having issues with their playfields, the old it’s not happened to me the problem doesn’t exist mentality helps no one.

Well agreed, as I’ve had issue on other machines.

#4319 4 years ago

Finally received my Stern JP shooter knob I ordered in August! Installation guide was mysteriously absent, any tips on where it plugs in to??

#4320 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

September build date for my Pro. Has the thinner clear, pulled back artwork as you can see, and the improved post. Just noticed this today when I was cleaning the table...☹️[quoted image]

That's the alignment dot for the upper right flipper

#4321 4 years ago

The feb 2020 build date playfields look amazing!! Less clear and less dimpling on mine. Very happy so far. Game plays super fast!

#4322 4 years ago
15FAF901-35D3-4AAB-8D4E-BC853E7F1A4C (resized).jpeg15FAF901-35D3-4AAB-8D4E-BC853E7F1A4C (resized).jpeg
#4323 4 years ago

this is the advice from Stern beside contacting my ditributor:
----------------------------------
I would suggest asking your distributor for a hard coat kit # 502-6947-00 or you can use a polyurethane to lightly apply over the chip. This will prevent the chip from spreading.
----------------------------------

the hard coat kit is not listed in any shop i searched.

to prevent further damage i used this PETG washer. Worked well for another 200 games:
https://pu-parts.com/klare-petg-unterlegscheibe-3-4-zoll

the post sleeve you see is the perfectplay's "thin" post sleeve. Its similar to the sterns hard one, but in different colors and 1mm smaller.
that should cause less black dirt on the PF and maybe some shots are slightly easier now

20200322_094933 (resized).jpg20200322_094933 (resized).jpg
#4324 4 years ago

Anyone has flickering LEDs? This began after some days of play. Its the four LEDs under the inlane guides, left and right.
I cant tell what it is, the lights brightness seems to change when pushing against the LED itself, and its flickering hard when using a flipper. (vibration?)
And now the weird part, it slightly flickers when i push the flipper button and leave it in the up position.
Swaping LEDs does not help. And somehow the voltage seems to affect them too (hold flipper test).
I have had two mods installed, T-Rex ramp lights and a shaker. Removing them did not help.
I have the same problem with my Ghostbusters now and then.

#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone has flickering LEDs? This began after some days of play. Its the four LEDs under the inlane guides, left and right.
I cant tell what it is, the lights brightness seems to change when pushing against the LED itself, and its flickering hard when using a flipper. (vibration?)
And now the weird part, it slightly flickers when i push the flipper button and leave it in the up position.
Swaping LEDs does not help. And somehow the voltage seems to affect them too (hold flipper test).
I have had two mods installed, T-Rex ramp lights and a shaker. Removing them did not help.

I had the same, press together the socket where it holds the led and problem solved

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's the alignment dot for the upper right flipper

Three of them?

#4327 4 years ago

-edit-

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Three of them?

There should only be one there. It does look as if you have two less deep ones too

#4329 4 years ago

Here is mine

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4330 4 years ago

I received the call on Friday; the dealer had the machine in-hand and ready for pickup. It was a nice drive yesterday; clear, crisp weather with very little traffic. Looks like the manufacture day was Thursday. The play-field looks beautiful. These machines are incredible. I'm very lucky and thankful to have it. The sounds, music and dino roars are simply awesome. Only have a few plays under my belt. now I feel like watching the JP films tonight. Time to clean the mess and work on a 2nd game-room.

JPpreArrival (resized).pngJPpreArrival (resized).pngJPpre (resized).pngJPpre (resized).png
#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

My Maiden does it also.

Strange it always seems to be the leds in the inlane guides?

#4332 4 years ago

It's not strange, it's the cheap sockets Stern uses. Been this way for years, just like their junk coil stops. Flipper vibration causes intermittent connectivity in the socket, thats why it's always the inlanes. Pull the LED and squish the socket a bit to make it tighter.

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's not strange, it's the cheap sockets Stern uses. Been this way for years, just like their junk coil stops. Flipper vibration causes intermittent connectivity in the socket, thats why it's always the inlanes. Pull the LED and squish the socket a bit to make it tighter.

my socket just broke

#4334 4 years ago

The newton ball came loose and now have a playfield chip. Its nearly hidden by the ball but would like to cover it somehow but dont want something too thick that will raise the ball/affect play. Any ideas to protect and hide this chip under the newton ball? I waa thinking some sort of thin washer. Thx!

#4335 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Three of them?

Ah sorry I see that now...I would fill it with a dab of automotive clearcoat, those 2 little spots will disappear

#4336 4 years ago

I picked one of these up a few weeks ago in a 4 pin package deal. (TNA, DP PRO, and Stranger Things)
It wasn't one that was on my radar at the time even though I had played it a couple dozen times.
It still took a while to grow on me but now that I have a 100+ games on it I can't quit playing it!

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I picked one of these up a few weeks ago in a 4 pin package deal. (TNA, DP PRO, and Stranger Things)
It wasn't one that was on my radar at the time even though I had played it a couple dozen times.
It still took a while to grow on me but now that I have a 100+ games on it I can't quit playing it!

That may be the best 4 pin package deal of all time, and I'm not even a huge TNA fan!

#4338 4 years ago

A friend of mine lost his routing space as the owners of the bar wanted to go in a different direction.
Funny thing is TNA was the only one I had been looking for. Mainly because I have a tight spot with low ceiling height.
Having a blast playing them all. Originally was going to route them with some of my other pins and then came Covid virus so this on hold for a while.

#4339 4 years ago

Is there a resource out there that outlines the rules/objectives of T-Rex, Raptor and Chaos multiball?

#4340 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Is there a resource out there that outlines the rules/objectives of T-Rex, Raptor and Chaos multiball?

Shoot the flashing lights, don't let the ball drain.

And then there's this, which is a little more comprehensive;
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/

#4341 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Got the premium. Is the TRex supposed to spit the ball back on the ramp for a TRex event? Right now it drops it near the wire form but rarely on it

#4342 4 years ago
Quoted from nullPinner:

Shoot the flashing lights, don't let the ball drain.
And then there's this, which is a little more comprehensive;
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/

This is perfect. Thanks!

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Just joined the club. Got the premium. Is the TRex supposed to spit the ball back on the ramp for a TRex event? Right now it drops it near the wire form but rarely on it

The TREX will either drop the ball onto the wireforn or throw the ball, it depends on the TREX event you've started. If the TREX is dripping the ball on the wireforn but not successfully as you've described then you have an issue. The TREX left/right movement and range can be adjusted in the menu

#4344 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

The TREX will either drop the ball onto the wireforn or throw the ball, it depends on the TREX event you've started. If the TREX is dripping the ball on the wireforn but not successfully as you've described then you have an issue. The TREX left/right movement and range can be adjusted in the menu

Ok thanks. Will take a look.

#4345 4 years ago

I made a new alternate translite for the data east game but liked it enough to format it for the stern game. Realizing the actors dont apply I also made a DINO only version with the Jeep.

JP STERN CAST PST (resized).jpgJP STERN CAST PST (resized).jpgSTERN DINO ONLY JEEP PST (resized).jpgSTERN DINO ONLY JEEP PST (resized).jpgjp ON PREM (resized).jpgjp ON PREM (resized).jpgstern JP on PRO (resized).jpgstern JP on PRO (resized).jpg
#4346 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I made a new alternate translite for the data east game but liked it enough to format it for the stern game. Realizing the actors dont apply I also made a DINO only version with the Jeep.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job. Could you make a different background other than the caution tape?

#4347 4 years ago

It’s nice, but I would like to see one without the big logo

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I made a new alternate translite for the data east game but liked it enough to format it for the stern game. Realizing the actors dont apply I also made a DINO only version with the Jeep.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect for all of you caution tapers.

#4349 4 years ago

I have a JP pro that the bumpers near the flippers only engage in test and not upon ball impact. Unable to open a support ticket due to the shutdown of Illinois business. If someone could give me some tips I would much appreciate it.
DA31BCD9-1400-4D4B-9B09-6BA9E887B193 (resized).jpegDA31BCD9-1400-4D4B-9B09-6BA9E887B193 (resized).jpeg

#4350 4 years ago

Just picked up a premium yesterday! Now to learn some rules. Love the shots, sounds, action. Great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.99
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
12,000 (OBO)
$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,293 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/87?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.