(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,268 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 426.
#4201 4 years ago

Anyone else having issues with some of the GI bulbs? One isn’t lighting and some are dimmer than others. When I touch the bulb it comes back on so apparently it’s not getting a good connection. Can’t access from underneath either cuz they put the flipper mechs over them.

9620101D-12FD-4AB9-83B5-1F3731A684F7 (resized).jpeg9620101D-12FD-4AB9-83B5-1F3731A684F7 (resized).jpegA272F4EB-719B-4135-BE5E-01520D25D77E (resized).jpegA272F4EB-719B-4135-BE5E-01520D25D77E (resized).jpegFAB225D5-CC45-4BEC-861B-303FF38F204A (resized).jpegFAB225D5-CC45-4BEC-861B-303FF38F204A (resized).jpeg
#4202 4 years ago

The moving speed of the trex is now adjustable.

I think slower looks a lot better

#4203 4 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Anyone else having issues with some of the GI bulbs? One isn’t lighting and some are dimmer than others. When I touch the bulb it comes back on so apparently it’s not getting a good connection. Can’t access from underneath either cuz they put the flipper mechs over them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty common on Sterns for those lights above the flippers to go on and off. It's because the bulbs aren't super tight in the base. When I run into that on a game I generally takes the inline guides off, take the bulbs out and bend in the top of the bulb bases enough to make the connection tight. DUE WITH GAME OFF.

#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The moving speed of the trex is now adjustable.
I think slower looks a lot better

It does look better. Still moves more like a snake head than a T-Rex but it is an improvement.

#4205 4 years ago

It was a dog :lol

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Anyone else having issues with some of the GI bulbs? One isn’t lighting and some are dimmer than others. When I touch the bulb it comes back on so apparently it’s not getting a good connection. Can’t access from underneath either cuz they put the flipper mechs over them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same issues on mine. Thought about replacing the sockets but both are under the flipper bracket.
Tool the bulbs out and put a little piece of plastic between bulb and the side of the socket so the bulb sits tighter. So far no problems.

#4207 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Same issues on mine. Thought about replacing the sockets but both are under the flipper bracket.
Tool the bulbs out and put a little piece of plastic between bulb and the side of the socket so the bulb sits tighter. So far no problems.

My DP has some flakey lights by the flipper guides. I think you can put a dab of solider on the base of the light and this will also tighten the connection. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

#4208 4 years ago

It’s finally here, my first NIB pin!!! Once I get home from work tonight, I will be bringing it into the house with the help from my coworker. Thank you to Melissa at Cointaker for all your hard work, patience with me as well as for finding this pin for me! I’m excited and my wife is really excited since this is the belated valentines gift!!

98F106A2-80C2-4BF8-89A1-BE0AE36D3DCE (resized).jpeg98F106A2-80C2-4BF8-89A1-BE0AE36D3DCE (resized).jpeg
#4209 4 years ago

Finally unboxed and alive in its permanent residence. I’m very happy to have this pin in my small collection. And talk about a new pin! Build date February 24,2020!!!

34C2A9AA-B9FE-4E7D-B6C3-1B4DF54EBADE (resized).jpeg34C2A9AA-B9FE-4E7D-B6C3-1B4DF54EBADE (resized).jpegD43026C0-9B3F-46F0-87C6-8A1CA8E05722 (resized).jpegD43026C0-9B3F-46F0-87C6-8A1CA8E05722 (resized).jpeg
#4210 4 years ago

Who cares

GOAT

#4211 4 years ago

Baaaaa

#4212 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who cares
GOAT

This game just reinforces design trumps theme for me. Elwin keeps me honest with the shots - money!

#4213 4 years ago

love that build date = Febraury Congrats great game -love mine too

#4214 4 years ago

Yep that is a unique month. My game was built on my birthday, so it was meant to be

#4215 4 years ago

In another thread, we are discussing the GOAT game and some think it is JP2. Of course I agree with that, since I own one. But the unfortunate thing is: Stern people are going to say it’s the GOAT and fans of other companies are going to downvote it and not even give it a chance.

Do think Elwin has set the bar high and don’t miss for one second actual movie scene’s because this game was done in between those movies and fits perfectly with the JP world. Sure glad Elwin spent his BOM on actual PF mechs and making the table look loaded, instead of empty. Gotta hand it to Keith, he understands what we all are looking for in a game.

It can be a little challenging, but once shots are dialed in, it shoots smooth and the O shot can be consistently made.
Game is not name only as some opponents like to claim, but has tons of things in it from the movies. Also, includes the original movie soundtrack. What a treat this game is now that it has reached 1.0 with such deep rich code. An example for all other coders to emulate. This game hits on every cylinder imo.

#4216 4 years ago

Anyone ever had a small glitch on launching your first ball and getting an instant map credit, followed by what seems to be an auto launch or a coil in the right side triggering... Hardly ever happens but every once in a while... Running latest code, never happened until version 1.0

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Anyone ever had a small glitch on launching your first ball and getting an instant map credit, followed by what seems to be an auto launch or a coil in the right side triggering... Hardly ever happens but every once in a while... Running latest code, never happened until version 1.0

Yes.

#4218 4 years ago

Finally got to Escape Nublar the hard way, what an awesome mode!!! Didn't know what the hell I was doing but will read up on it if I get there again, don't really want to use the cheat code to figure it out.

20200308_142351_HDR (resized).jpg20200308_142351_HDR (resized).jpg
#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

don't really want to use the cheat code[quoted image]

#4220 4 years ago

#4221 4 years ago

jdroc
EB871844-DF58-461F-BA09-7907FE64FCB2.gifEB871844-DF58-461F-BA09-7907FE64FCB2.gif

#4222 4 years ago

Have you looked into it further, or are you just accepting it as a minor code glitch... Not sure where to start, outside of sending Stern a bug email if I can capture it on video...

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Have you looked into it further, or are you just accepting it as a minor code glitch... Not sure where to start, outside of sending Stern a bug email if I can capture it on video...

I figured it as a bug because of its randomness

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I figured it as a bug because of its randomness

Thanks, I just sent in a bug report to Stern

#4225 4 years ago

Picked one up @ Louisville arcade expo. Happy I did!

IMG_4754 (resized).jpgIMG_4754 (resized).jpgIMG_4756 (resized).jpgIMG_4756 (resized).jpg
#4226 4 years ago

are there any scorecards to print out for jurassic park?

#4227 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Picked one up @ Louisville arcade expo. Happy I did![quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect for that room

#4228 4 years ago

Ok, I just got my NIB JP Premium last friday. Stock speakers sounded fine turned up, my wife thought they were fine, but I just can't keep my pins stock. I knew I wanted to do something special for this pin since this is by far the most expensive pin I've bought, as well as my firs NIB pin.

First, I usually upgrade the stock speakers to make the the unique sounds stock speakers can't deliver but I chose a whole system after PinWoofer emailed me after I was looking about adding an external sub. I bought the PinWoofer powered super kit that has 5 1/4" backbox speakers, 8" sub, and amps for both cabinet and backbox. Install took about an hour. My only complaint is that the instructions were not as straight forward as it could be, i.e. step 1, 2, 3, etc. You were given instructions to install all components, but had to follow a path using a few files in a specific order. After talking with Dan, he is looking into streamlining the process to be more intuitive.

After the install, and a very short time using the volume controls on the two amps to get the sound I wanted, WOW! The 100 watt powered sub shakes and vibrates the pin way more thrilling than a shaker could. The new backbox, turned up about 50% on my pin, sounds crystal clear and WOW, the sound is amazing. There are so many other sounds I can hear now that my Premium version speakers could not produce. Dan said the amp for the backbox speakers is a little overkill, but I say different, I think it is perfect!!!! Not only does this system sound amazing, and is so much more than just a speaker replacement, it makes this pinball even more immersive with every sound the computer can put out. Now I really can't wait for those guys making the custom audio for the pin with all the movie call outs. This game is amazing, and with this powerful sound, it just goes over the top. I

f you want more, and the best, I'd suggest this kit for all your pins, especially with ones that have quality sound packages and or pinsound boards with their amazing sound packages installed

#4229 4 years ago

I feel like I’m getting audio echo or distortion on some of my callouts. Any ideas on this? Reload firmware? Plugs are secure

#4230 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

don't really want to use the cheat code to figure it out.

This guy gets it.

#4231 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This guy gets it.

LOL - I'll be lucky to get see the visitor center the way I'm going

#4232 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

I’m getting audio echo or distortion on some of my callouts

Me too. I even upgraded my speakers thinking that was the problem. The music sounds amazing now but the callouts are still scratchy. I believe they were just poorly recorded, especially the original batch that came with the early code.

#4233 4 years ago

I like the Nublar challenge but I wish there was an option to turn of the flickering G.I.
Its gets kind of irritating after a short while.

20200301_003043 (resized).jpg20200301_003043 (resized).jpg
#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I like the Nublar challenge but I wish there was an option to turn of the flickering G.I.
Its gets kind of irritating after a short while.[quoted image]

Pretty sure when thumbing through adjustments I saw a static gi lighting setting. Default is no.

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pretty sure when thumbing through adjustments I saw a static gi lighting setting. Default is no.

I'll check for that tonight thanks.

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

So many setting on this game. I just gave them a quick flip through last weekend. Could anyone point me to any shaker motor settings? I found the shaker test in the diagnostics / coil test, but didn't see any other adjustments for it or how often or strongly it is used. It did work so I didn't sweat it at the time.

#4237 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

So many setting on this game. I just gave them a quick flip through last weekend. Could anyone point me to any shaker motor settings? I found the shaker test in the diagnostics / coil test, but didn't see any other adjustments for it or how often or strongly it is used. It did work so I didn't sweat it at the time.

I believe the Shaker use option is in the feature adjustments, adjustable between none, limited, normal, and Max. The intensity of the actual motor shake is a physical adjustment.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

291 in feature adjustments.

#4239 4 years ago

Anyone else seem to have a weak right flipper? I have it cranked up to the highest setting, 255, in the settings and it still just doesn't have the snap it should.

I replaced the coil stop today and it looked fine.. no change there.

I don't get it, maybe they reduced the power because of the Trex shot ? Not sure. Just thought I'd mention it... Not a huge issue it just seems like it barely has the power at times to go up the left ramp..

#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone else seem to have a weak right flipper? I have it cranked up to the highest setting, 255, in the settings and it still just doesn't have the snap it should.
I replaced the coil stop today and it looked fine.. no change there.
I don't get it, maybe they reduced the power because of the Trex shot ? Not sure. Just thought I'd mention it... Not a huge issue it just seems like it barely has the power at times to go up the left ramp..

I have 2 JP's...one has a weak right flipper and one doesn't. The difference is significant. Noticed the weak right flipper has a plunger that doesn't move smoothly (almost to the point of getting stuck). Rather than fiddle with pulling apart the flipper assembly, I plan on installing a new flipper assembly.

#4241 4 years ago

Anyone have a fix for a truck that doesn't rotate correctly? It spins around just fine, but seems to get stuck about 1/4" away from the newton ball on both sides. Whack the side of the game or flip the flippers a few times and it settles in.

It's the one at leagues. I pulled it apart last night, cleaned the assembly and put a small bit of super lube on the ball bearing washer. It spins around better, but that last 1/4" is still an issue.

#4242 4 years ago

Maybe I am missing something obvious but anyone have an idea as to why Stern seems to be out of stock on things that are common? The shooter rod is out of stock which many of you mentioned so I expected that, but I figured I would go ahead and purchase a shaker motor and even that was out of stock! Seems to be out on many of the other sites as well. Any insight?

Thank you

#4243 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone have a fix for a truck that doesn't rotate correctly? It spins around just fine, but seems to get stuck about 1/4" away from the newton ball on both sides. Whack the side of the game or flip the flippers a few times and it settles in.
It's the one at leagues. I pulled it apart last night, cleaned the assembly and put a small bit of super lube on the ball bearing washer. It spins around better, but that last 1/4" is still an issue.

Make sure on re assembly, the truck has some up and down play in the shaft. Also, I'd recommend 100% silicone lube, nothing else. I'd pull it off again and clean everything dealing with the assembly

#4244 4 years ago

This stuff is amazing! Less than $5 at Lowes, Wal mart, or almost any auto parts store.I know pinball machines should never need lube, but that truck mechanism needs a bit of help every now and then.

Screenshot_20200311-101029_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200311-101029_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4245 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have 2 JP's...one has a weak right flipper and one doesn't. The difference is significant. Noticed the weak right flipper has a plunger that doesn't move smoothly (almost to the point of getting stuck). Rather than fiddle with pulling apart the flipper assembly, I plan on installing a new flipper assembly.

Interesting - what power levels do you have them on ?

#4246 4 years ago

Can someone straighten me out on my forward paths for better sound out of my JP Pro? Most of the existing threads I find are confusing because its folks with LE's asking the questions.

What I have today:
Pinnovators subwoofer kit -> Polk sub

What I think I can do:
1) Pinwoofers kits: superkit 5.25 upgrades my 4" backbox to 5.25" speakers and the 6" cabinet sub to an 8", amplifiers included as not to overload the onboards for $249 or so

2) Pinball Pro kit: just better speakers, with an option to bump the sub slightly, retains existing amp for $209

Any other avenues there?

Then i see there is: speakerlightkits.com for making things pretty. What am I missing?

#4247 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This stuff is amazing! Less than $5 at Lowes, Wal mart, or almost any auto parts store.I know pinball machines should never need lube, but that truck mechanism needs a bit of help every now and then.[quoted image]

I used to use this stuff, or something like it from Dupont on my motorcycle's primary drive chain. Literally 100,000 miles total across a handful of machines and my chain wear was probably half of what my cohorts were dealing with.

#4248 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Can someone straighten me out on my forward paths for better sound out of my JP Pro? Most of the existing threads I find are confusing because its folks with LE's asking the questions.
What I have today:
Pinnovators subwoofer kit -> Polk sub
What I think I can do:
1) Pinwoofers kits: superkit 5.25 upgrades my 4" backbox to 5.25" speakers and the 6" cabinet sub to an 8", amplifiers included as not to overload the onboards for $249 or so
2) Pinball Pro kit: just better speakers, with an option to bump the sub slightly, retains existing amp for $209
Any other avenues there?
Then i see there is: speakerlightkits.com for making things pretty. What am I missing?

All you need is an amplified external sub, don't even need a sub out if you alligator clip it to speaker in bottom of cab.

#4249 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

All you need is an amplified external sub, don't even need a sub out if you alligator clip it to speaker in bottom of cab.

I have that already. I have the Polk sub and avoided the alligator clips with the Pinnovators line out board. Perhaps I need some tuning on mine, but I don't feel like it sounds that great. The sub itself is also encroaching on the wife acceptance factor and I could easily move it somewhere else, so if I can upgrade the sub inside the cabinet that's more appealing right now.

#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

I have that already. I have the Polk sub and avoided the alligator clips with the Pinnovators line out board. Perhaps I need some tuning on mine, but I don't feel like it sounds that great. The sub itself is also encroaching on the wife acceptance factor and I could easily move it somewhere else, so if I can upgrade the sub inside the cabinet that's more appealing right now.

Don't forget you can tweak the sound through the utilities. Filters, equalizer, fader, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/85?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.