(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,483 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by zztopper
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 807 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Topper (resized).JPG
jp topper (resized).jpg
jurassic park topper (resized).jpg
4FFB0D6A-80F9-4B7E-BB0D-4EC2958639A6 (resized).jpeg
F03D4DDC-9CF6-4921-BA0A-43600A51DDFF (resized).jpeg
91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg
20200401_155102 (resized).jpg
20200401_135328 (resized).jpg
20200401_155114 (resized).jpg
20200401_145045 (resized).jpg
20191026_155822 (resized).jpg
jp_bounce3 (resized).jpg
jp_bounce2 (resized).jpg
jp_bounce (resized).png
8D06F718-5F39-4AB9-867F-56CE17FB6346 (resized).jpeg
D4E16DB2-5CFB-4C14-832F-6029EFD2EA78 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4483 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 90.
#4151 37 days ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just finished making a video tutorial that details how to fix the manual and auto plunge issue for the shooter lane. I hope this helps anyone having ball reject issues in the u-turn.

Thanks! Tried today with 4 small metal washers and definitely improved! Also need to switch to an orange spring, mine has the green one from the factory.

#4152 37 days ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

The Modfather sells the trees for 29.99 for a set of 4 trees. $10.99 for 15/20 trees is a pretty good deal.
I did the same to add to the jungle feel but got the same trees as the Modfather sells as I like them and did different placements.[quoted image]

$29.99 for 4 miniature model trees!?

You can pick them up at the pound (dollar) store here in the U.K.

#4153 37 days ago

The Pro is loaded pretty much out of the box. My second hand one has the shaker and the speaker lights. I love mods, but with this thing so packed there are only 4 things I am going to do. I want to make the helicopter blades spin (so cool), I need a 3-d velociraptor, I don't like the signs above the ramps, and I love sideblades. I've only got about 5 games in on this so far but I'm loving it. The DE JP was one of my favorites but this one blows it out of the water with depth and rules.

20200224_193427 (resized).jpg
#4154 37 days ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Ok, then I know it's not just me who has the problem. I will try to find a solution. I will post it here then.

For me, the spinner was not resting vertically enough and was resting at a tilted back position enough to completely brick the ball, and the ball could go around it entirely if it hugged the left side. I slid my finger under the spinner until it was perpindicular to playfield, and applied a little upward pressure (NOT MUCH!). This bent it enough to rest in a more vertical position and ever since then I can spin that sucker ALL DAY LONG.

Bricks are a real thing, but take your glass off and roll the ball into that sucker a few times.

#4155 37 days ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

The Modfather sells the trees for 29.99 for a set of 4 trees. $10.99 for 15/20 trees is a pretty good deal.
I did the same to add to the jungle feel but got the same trees as the Modfather sells as I like them and did different placements.[quoted image]

The fact that people are spending $30 on fake plastic trees is the reason Stern can spring a $300 light kit for a game that should have had it from the factory, while still charging more and more every game.

We all need to calm down on action figures and plastic toys in our games.

#4156 37 days ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The fact that people are spending $30 on fake plastic trees is the reason Stern can spring a $300 light kit for a game that should have had it from the factory, while still charging more and more every game.
We all need to calm down on action figures and plastic toys in our games.

What light kit?

#4157 37 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dont forget shipping lol

#4158 37 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, or it may be my own computer ignorance, but are you putting the code on an SD card as your post states? If so, that's incorrect. Put the updates on a USB stick.

My statement was incorrect. I put the 2 files on the root of the usb stick. Thats what happens when I don't read over my typing. I've updated a ton of games, all the same way and all with the same usb drive. Never had an issue. I'll try another usb drive when I get some time. I should try to update my BKSOR with the old drive to see if it works.

#4159 37 days ago

Hey guys/gals, on the verge of joining the club. Pardon my ignorant question, but curious if there are differences in light show and/or animations between the pro and premium on this one?

Thanks!

#4160 37 days ago

Pretty sure he’s referring to Stranger Things’ add-on uv light kit they should have included as standard.

#4161 37 days ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Pretty sure he’s referring to Stranger Things’ add-on uv light kit they should have included as standard.

Okay. Was curious. Never heard of a light kit from stern

#4162 37 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hey guys/gals, on the verge of joining the club. Pardon my ignorant question, but curious if there are differences in light show and/or animations between the pro and premium on this one?
Thanks!

I haven’t played a premium but what I can say as a Pro owner is that the animations and sound are definitely geared towards the Premium. E.g, raptor gate animating down and up with related sound effects. As a pro owner it’s clear that sound effects and animations are synchronising with toys that aren’t there.

#4163 37 days ago
Quoted from accidental:

I haven’t played a premium but what I can say as a Pro owner is that the animations and sound are definitely geared towards the Premium. E.g, raptor gate animating down and up with related sound effects. As a pro owner it’s clear that sound effects and animations are synchronising with toys that aren’t there.

Appreciate the reply, I see that as a good thing!

I guess a better question is, and they dont list this in comparison cards, is am I missing out on any sort of special light show by getting the pro ? Doesnt sound like I would be

#4164 37 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Appreciate the reply, I see that as a good thing!
I guess a better question is, and they dont list this in comparison cards, is am I missing out on any sort of special light show by getting the pro ? Doesnt sound like I would be

I wouldn’t say so. As far as I can tell there are no lighting differences between the two games at all.

One example, at the start of T-Rex multiball the flasher strobes the static head while the animation plays. Clearly the strobing is intended to highlight the thrashing beast, but he’s doing nothing .

#4165 37 days ago
Quoted from accidental:

I wouldn’t say so. As far as I can tell there are no lighting differences between the two games at all.
One example, at the start of T-Rex multiball the flasher strobes the static head while the animation plays. Clearly the strobing is intended to highlight the thrashing beast, but he’s doing nothing .

Appreciate the reply! Im a big fan of flashy lights so I dont want to miss out, haha.

#4166 37 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Appreciate the reply! Im a big fan of flashy lights so I dont want to miss out, haha.

F912504E-4A91-4EE5-9812-CD2E33046BB6.gif
#4167 37 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thanks!

Regardless of which trim level you purchase, it's one HELL of a good game. The major differences are the moving Trex head, and the raptor gate that lowers. There are a few other small things, but that's it. To my knowledge, the lights and gameplay are the same. You cant go wrong with any trim level really.

#4168 37 days ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Thanks! Tried today with 4 small metal washers and definitely improved! Also need to switch to an orange spring, mine has the green one from the factory.

I bought 5 different springs and tested all of them out on JP. The orange spring seemed to offer the best between short and full plunges. Mine also came with the green spring but the manual says to use the orange spring. Anything above the orange is too much force. Was worried it would break my helicopter mod. Glad the shooter lane fix is helping. First game after the fix was a good one.

0DD83885-3FC3-402E-AFE8-1D03F68AA17E (resized).jpeg
#4169 36 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

That was the point of the Argument..lol
Dollar Tree or Amazon, regardless is a less expensive option than buying from the likes of Marco/Pinball life..e.c.t. on certain toy's/ gimmicks
The Raptor Model is $49.99!!!
What is that a $10.00 toy online or $1 at the Dollar Tree?

#4170 36 days ago

Is there any nice cover for the helipad flasher besides the signs from Mezel? Just find it ugly looking that the flasher is that visible.

#4171 35 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Regardless of which trim level you purchase, it's one HELL of a good game. The major differences are the moving Trex head, and the raptor gate that lowers. There are a few other small things, but that's it. To my knowledge, the lights and gameplay are the same. You cant go wrong with any trim level really.

Thanks for the feedback, I committed to the pro.

#4172 34 days ago

Plastic trees?
Add a UV light kit and grow your own.
30F8D39D-713D-424E-AD2E-DB7823BA703B (resized).jpeg

#4173 34 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thanks for the feedback, I committed to the pro.

Welcome!

#4174 34 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Plastic trees?
[quoted image]

Now, grow them inside the game.

Stern will sell you a light for $279

#4175 34 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Now, grow them inside the game.

I can see this becoming the next pinstadium product.

#4176 34 days ago

Any news regarding a topper yet? After BKSOR topper I’m curious to see what Stern come up with!

#4177 34 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any news regarding a topper yet? After BKSOR topper I’m curious to see what Stern come up with!

And what about that shooter rod mod? I can't believe they're unable to satisfy demand on this.

#4178 33 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Plastic trees?
[quoted image]

This should have come standard on the LE

#4179 30 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I added a bunch of trees to my LE. I know some might think is silly but I like the idea of trying to make the PF more of a jungle. It was only $10 on amazon and a ilttle double sticky tape. Anyone others having trouble with their raptor gate not going down all the way?[quoted image]

that looks great

#4180 30 days ago

I’m still waiting for my JP Premium to be delivered. For those of you waiting- how long have you been waiting and when are you being told it will be available?

#4181 30 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I’m still waiting for my JP Premium to be delivered. For those of you waiting- how long have you been waiting and when are you being told it will be available?

I ordered Dec. 20th and was told my Premium should be shipping in April sometime... Long wait but it will be worth it!

#4182 30 days ago

I'm still waiting too. waiting waiting waiting

#4183 30 days ago

Waiting too. Jan 1 order. Last I heard was April delivery.

#4184 30 days ago

I ordered my premium first week of February. If all goes to plan, shipping to me tomorrow!!! Thankfully the dealer called around (they never got a delivery this month due to pins going overseas) and found another dealer with one still in stock and did a trade for me. Once I get the shipping tomorrow I will know when to vacuum for it’s new home!

#4185 30 days ago

Feb 1 here. Shipped out yesterday

#4186 30 days ago

Are there any issues with the playfields or T-Rex with the premium models? Have been thinking about ordering one, just curious what most NIB experiences have been like so far.

#4187 29 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Are there any issues with the playfields or T-Rex with the premium models? Have been thinking about ordering one, just curious what most NIB experiences have been like so far.

My understanding is that all playfield issues have been addressed. T-rex may or may not need some adjustment from time to time.

#4188 29 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Feb 1 here. Shipped out yesterday

Happy for you but I don't understand how people with Jan orders still haven't heard anything. I was Jan 1 and it's been silent.

#4189 29 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Happy for you but I don't understand how people with Jan orders still haven't heard anything. I was Jan 1 and it's been silent.

It depends on distro maybe. I know the same thing happened to me. Others were getting them that ordered later than me.

#4190 29 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Check in distributor hands Feb 2nd
Shipped from Stern Mar 2nd
Taking delivery Friday Mar 6th - super excited!

#4191 29 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ordered mine in August and didn't get it until December

#4192 29 days ago

My trex getting angry ! I have to put him something in the mouth

Still in testing..

#4193 29 days ago

Saw "Invalid Frenzy" mode for the first time the other night.. one of the coolest most intense multiballs ever! So sick.

Anyone else think "Chaos Multiball" should be a bit more exciting? It seems so blah... no special sounds or lights or anything. For something called "Chaos Multiball" I think there could be so much more improvement there.

This pin is AMAZING though.

#4194 28 days ago

Anyone have to shoot balls deep to get the second T-Rex mode to start? I can put it on the chin and start the first mode...and I do realize the first is supposed to be easier to start, but man I really gotta jam it in there for the 2nd one!

#4195 28 days ago

Thank you. This was the perfect way to start my day.

#4196 28 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone have to shoot balls deep to get the second T-Rex mode to start? I can put it on the chin and start the first mode...and I do realize the first is supposed to be easier to start, but man I really gotta jam it in there for the 2nd one!

#4197 28 days ago

Still cannot find a way to get rid of ballsavers. Anyone an idea where to find them? I put it on Really Hard and that makes the ballsavers as short as possible.

For example. I would like that at start there is a 3 sec ballsaver. Raptor Multiball NO seconds ballsaver. TRex multi ball, NO ballsaver. Etc...
thank you!

#4198 28 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I ordered my premium first week of February

Just got a call from the shipping company, will be delivering my JP premium pin tomorrow between 10am and 12pm!!!!!!! Wow, so excited now! Sucks I will only have time to help put it in the garage and then head back to work. Going to make tomorrow the longest day ever.

#4199 28 days ago

Has anybody else noticed the significant difference in scoring between the Pro and Premium? Not just based on scores registered here on Pinside, but also experience I've had in playing both versions.

Are there really that many problems with the ball being caught by the Trex?
I would have thought that the raptor gate would actually increase scores on the Prem as it's easier to get to Raptor MB, even the helicopter blades (the only other physical difference) increases the scores in the paddock.

Which just leaves the Trex as the culprit.

#4200 28 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just got a call from the shipping company, will be delivering my JP premium pin tomorrow between 10am and 12pm!!!!!!! Wow, so excited now! Sucks I will only have time to help put it in the garage and then head back to work. Going to make tomorrow the longest day ever.

If you start coughing at work first thing.... maybe you can “go home sick”

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 4483 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside