(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 426.
#4101 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Starting or completing?

On completing ...

When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth

Secret super-wizard “epilogue” mode awarded for successfully completing Visitor’s Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room, and Escape Nublar. Timed 6-ball 60-second multiball with unlimited ball save similar to Cherry Bomb in GOTG. All Amber features are running (scoring 1/2 your Amber value) and all shots are lit for jackpots of roughly 1.5x your Amber value. When time runs out, all balls are drained and your game ends.

#4102 4 years ago

I'm picking up a used JP Pro later today. Other than chipping/pooling around a few posts, which I am 100% aware of and okay with, is there anything else I should be looking for in one of these? Thanks!

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm picking up a used JP Pro later today. Other than chipping/pooling around a few posts, which I am 100% aware of and okay with, is there anything else I should be looking for in one of these? Thanks!

Check if any posts are loose and if any coil stops are broken.

#4104 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Thanks! Coil stops shouldn't wear out after 6 months, but can be easily replaced. I'll keep it in mind.

#4105 4 years ago

Thanks! Coil stops shouldn't wear out after 6 months, but can be easily replaced. I'll keep it in mind.

There have been plenty of reports by JP owners of faulty and broken coil stops. Easy and cheap replacement but still worth a look.

#4106 4 years ago

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get that shot dialed in. People here seem to accept it in it’s clunkyness. It’s by far the worst part of tjis game, seems like the ball should go to the upper flipper with a clean shot but it doesn’t.

Quoted from Olaa:

Does anyone have problems with wobbling ball here. My shot should go around

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get that shot dialed in. People here seem to accept it in it’s clunkyness. It’s by far the worst part of tjis game, seems like the ball should go to the upper flipper with a clean shot but it doesn’t.

Took me a little time, but I got mine as smooth as butter. I originally figured it was not curving far enough around into the orbit, so I bent my left ball guide in as far as I could without trapping the ball against the other side. Unfortunately, that ended up making it worse. I then bent it back and using high speed mode on my phone camera, I realized that the ball was actually making the turn too hard and hitting the right ball guide enough to send it bouncing into the orbit guide. So I had to reverse my thinking and actually bend the left ball guide a bit the the left / straighten it out slightly. Now 90% of all shots smoothly orbit, while only the sloppiest ones will still slow down enough to drop in the pops. I believe this is as intended. It took some messing around, but it was definitely well worth it to have that awesome shot nice and smooth!

#4108 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I was adjusting my 3rd flipper yesterday because the left upper shots seemed way too hard to make. Once I did that, the shots were so much easier to make so that's definitely something that should be taken into account.

Also, I was surprised to see that there were 3x posts that were very loose.. the one right next to the 3rd flipper, and the 2x at the right ramp so I tightened them.

Without going back on this whole thread, is this a common issue with people's JPs? Also, a random small black screw popped out and was on the playfield, but I couldn't locate where it came from lol

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I was adjusting my 3rd flipper yesterday because the left upper shots seemed way too hard to make. Once I did that, the shots were so much easier to make so that's definitely something that should be taken into account.
Also, I was surprised to see that there were 3x posts that were very loose.. the one right next to the 3rd flipper, and the 2x at the right ramp so I tightened them.
Without going back on this whole thread, is this a common issue with people's JPs? Also, a random small black screw popped out and was on the playfield, but I couldn't locate where it came from lol

The small black screw likely belongs to your TRex bottom jaw

#4110 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Loose posts are unfortunately a common Stern issue lately. I had many loose in JP and GOTG. BK had literally every post loose...some barely finger tight. Had that entire game apart tightening things down.

#4111 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What position did you set your 3rd flipper at? Could you post a pic? Thanks.

#4112 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

What position did you set your 3rd flipper at? Could you post a pic? Thanks.

This position works great

20200223_121523 (resized).jpg20200223_121523 (resized).jpg20200223_121615 (resized).jpg20200223_121615 (resized).jpg
#4113 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Ok, then I know it's not just me who has the problem. I will try to find a solution. I will post it here then.

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The small black screw likely belongs to your TRex bottom jaw

Thanks man! Just took it apart. You were right.

Now, to find the other screw.. unless Stern forgot it.

20200223_124305 (resized).jpg20200223_124305 (resized).jpg
#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks man! Just took it apart. You were right.
Now, to find the other screw.. unless Stern forgot it.[quoted image]

Great! Happy to help. Hope you can find the other screw!

#4116 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This position works great[quoted image][quoted image]

Does the post stick out enough still to deflect the ball to the left slingshot area?

#4117 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Does the post stick out enough still to deflect the ball to the left slingshot area?

Yeah I adjusted it so it actually feeds the left flipper vs hitting the slingshot - it works great !

#4118 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah I adjusted it so it actually feeds the left flipper vs hitting the slingshot - it works great !

I need to tweak mine then. It goes STDM most of the time so I always have to either flip or hold the flipper up and hope for a safe return!

#4119 4 years ago

With all this talk about tweaking posts/flippers etc, I’ve been having a problem for a while now shooting the right orbit, the ball used to exit cleanly to the upper flipper, now it clips the truck newton ball. The playfield angle hasn’t changed sitting around 6.5-7deg. Any ideas? Possibly the ball guide shifted?

#4120 4 years ago

I’m so giddy to get this game I could just explode! Hopefully only another 10 days or so!

#4121 4 years ago

Anyone have issues with the download of new code on premium? Downloaded, extracted the folder, moved 2 files to root if SD. Game acted like it wasn't there.

#4122 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Anyone have issues with the download of new code on premium? Downloaded, extracted the folder, moved 2 files to root if SD. Game acted like it wasn't there.

Is your card formatted for FAT32?

#4123 4 years ago

I have a spare, unopened Matchbox 2 pack. Includes the Mission Chopper & Mauler Hauler.

I also have a spare Mauler Hauler from the 2-pack that I opened to remove and use as the chopper for a better look than the original one on our JP Pro.

Both are Free, But you have to take a picture of your JP Pro plastic looking down from above the factory helicopter plastic and with a quarter in your shot.

A picture of your deserving kid who would actually play with them as part of their dinosaur collection might be considered too.

The first reply into this thread will be considered the first in line.
IMG_20200223_162905604 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_162905604 (resized).jpg

Added over 4 years ago:

Claimed

#4124 4 years ago

Anyone know when Stern will be making more lit Amber shooter rods? I can't find one anywhere and want one. Hopefully they are planning on another run.

#4125 4 years ago

I added a bunch of trees to my LE. I know some might think is silly but I like the idea of trying to make the PF more of a jungle. It was only $10 on amazon and a ilttle double sticky tape. Anyone others having trouble with their raptor gate not going down all the way?

JP trees (resized).jpgJP trees (resized).jpg
#4126 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Is your card formatted for FAT32?

Yep. Same card I always use too. I tried reformatting as well.

#4127 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

With all this talk about tweaking posts/flippers etc, I’ve been having a problem for a while now shooting the right orbit, the ball used to exit cleanly to the upper flipper, now it clips the truck newton ball. The playfield angle hasn’t changed sitting around 6.5-7deg. Any ideas? Possibly the ball guide shifted?

Mine too. For the first few months I could right orbit x2 combo almost every time by holding the upper flipper as it came around. Now it hits the truck Newton ball more often than not. I’ve tried moving the guide a bit but have quite been able to get it back dialed in the way it started. Would love to hear some ideas but I’m not sure it can be anything but the guide and pitch, right?

#4128 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sure - feel free to adjust from my settings to you specific preferences, but I found these to sound great on my LE. I'd imagine similar settings on any model should improve the audio but I can't confirm that of course:
{latest code 1.0}
Fade: -2
8ohm backbox and cab speaker (default on LE)
Backbox Bass Gain: +7.875 dB
Backbox Treble Gain: +9 dB
Cab Bass Gain: +7.5 dB
Can Treble Gain: +9.75 dB
I keep my volume at 26, any higher any there would likely need to be adjustments. But this sounds loud and much better than factory settings for sure.

Thanks for sharing. I used these settings on my Premium and it sounds way better.

#4129 4 years ago

Does anyone know if you can still but the amber shooter rod and housing mod. Looks like they are sold out everywhere. Thanks.

#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I added a bunch of trees to my LE. I know some might think is silly but I like the idea of trying to make the PF more of a jungle. It was only $10 on amazon and a ilttle double sticky tape. Anyone others having trouble with their raptor gate not going down all the way?[quoted image]

I’ve dealt with a couple raptor gate issues:

- (minor) There is a vertical adjustment on the mech. Lift the PF and it should be obvious (2 screws that lift/lower).
- If the gate is too close to an edge (i.e. isn’t centered properly), the gate can get caught on the PF. Hope this isn’t what’s happening to yours.

FWIW, trees are silly, but it’s your game and it should make you happy!

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Of course he gonna do what makes him happy!

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone know when Stern will be making more lit Amber shooter rods? I can't find one anywhere and want one. Hopefully they are planning on another run.

Coming soon. Next few weeks. Per Stern.

#4133 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Try using a different usb stick, sometimes games just don't recognize certain ones sometimes.

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Make sure to use the USB ports that are facing out, not the top one. Also make sure that you have the machine turned off, insert the flash drive, and turn on with it in one of the front ports. My best success is with FAT32 formatted drives, 4GB or smaller (though you'll need at least 4GB for JP).

#4135 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, or it may be my own computer ignorance, but are you putting the code on an SD card as your post states? If so, that's incorrect. Put the updates on a USB stick.

#4136 4 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

Thanks for sharing. I used these settings on my Premium and it sounds way better.

Awesome ! I'm just glad Stern included the ability to adjust and fine tune the sound. Definitely makes a big difference.

#4137 4 years ago

This is probably going to sound a little off-the-wall.

I have a JP Pro.

I would like to animate the existing T-Rex head, using powered logic with an Arduino zero or other, to activate off of the switch that reads the ball going up the t-rex scoop. I would like to add a motor or two (one for head, one for jaws) and a light, that would fire on the switch sense.

Has someone done this already? I understand there would be modifications needed with the T-Rex head.

#4138 4 years ago

Was able to pick up a used Jurassic Park Pro last night from a local pinsider. $5,200 for one with less than 100 plays, speaker lights, and a shaker.

I'm a huge fan of side blades and will probably drop some in, along with a raptor toy and new helicopter. This game is deeper than I will ever get through and will keep me very busy until my Rick and Morty shows up.

Any other highly recommended mods on this one?

High Speed (Sold) goes this week to get access to the door back.

20200223_201508 (resized).jpg20200223_201508 (resized).jpg
#4139 4 years ago

Was able to pick up a used Jurassic Park Pro last night from a local pinsider. $5,200 for one with less than 100 plays, speaker lights, and a shaker.
I'm a huge fan of side blades and will probably drop some in, along with a raptor toy and new helicopter. This game is deeper than I will ever get through and will keep me very busy until my Rick and Morty shows up.
Any other highly recommended mods on this one?
High Speed (Sold) goes this week to get access to the door back.[quoted image]

enjoy JP, it is amazing.

What is that ball in the floor?

#4140 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

enjoy JP, it is amazing.
What is that ball in the floor?

That is a Paw Patrol ball. My Arcade takes up 1/3 of the basement playroom.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

This is probably going to sound a little off-the-wall.
I have a JP Pro.
I would like to animate the existing T-Rex head, using powered logic with an Arduino zero or other, to activate off of the switch that reads the ball going up the t-rex scoop. I would like to add a motor or two (one for head, one for jaws) and a light, that would fire on the switch sense.
Has someone done this already? I understand there would be modifications needed with the T-Rex head.

No one yet, to my knowledge, has produced an animated Trex head for the Pro.
A Mod that would likely sell well...if you wish to try.

#4142 4 years ago

That is a Paw Patrol ball. My Arcade takes up 1/3 of the basement playroom.

it looks like a crystal ball or something laying there. I feel ya man, my son had some friends over last night and they all brought their gaming PCs and VR equipment over. I could not even squeeze in some pinball time.

#4143 4 years ago

I just finished making a video tutorial that details how to fix the manual and auto plunge issue for the shooter lane. I hope this helps anyone having ball reject issues in the u-turn.

#4144 4 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just finished making a video tutorial that details how to fix the manual and auto plunge issue for the shooter lane. I hope this helps anyone having ball reject issues in the u-turn.

Great vid!
What size washers?
Thx!

#4145 4 years ago

I'm now a proud owner of a Premium JP. Game was HUO and less than 150 games, shaker, HD glass, and Art Blades installed. Put about 15 games on it yesterday and really impressed, that T Rex has to be one of the coolest toys ever! Love the game and can't wait to play some more later this evening.

20200222_132338 (resized).jpg20200222_132338 (resized).jpg
#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'm now a proud owner of a Premium JP. Game was HUO and less than 150 games, shaker, HD glass, and Art Blades installed. Put about 15 games on it yesterday and really impressed, that T Rex has to be one of the coolest toys ever! Love the game and can't wait to play some more later this evening.[quoted image]

Crazy some of these low play HUO's... How can you only put 150 on a JP...I did that in a couple days!

#4147 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Crazy some of these low play HUO's... How can you only put 150 on a JP...I did that in a couple days!

Not super crazy! I just unloaded my PRO to upgrade to a Premium.

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Not super crazy! I just unloaded my PRO to upgrade to a Premium.

But this was a Premium

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I’ve dealt with a couple raptor gate issues:
- (minor) There is a vertical adjustment on the mech. Lift the PF and it should be obvious (2 screws that lift/lower).
- If the gate is too close to an edge (i.e. isn’t centered properly), the gate can get caught on the PF. Hope this isn’t what’s happening to yours.

The Modfather sells the trees for 29.99 for a set of 4 trees. $10.99 for 15/20 trees is a pretty good deal.
I did the same to add to the jungle feel but got the same trees as the Modfather sells as I like them and did different placements.

20200213_124856 (resized).jpg20200213_124856 (resized).jpg
#4150 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Great vid!
What size washers?
Thx!

The nylon washer needs to be 3/8 of an inch in diameter. (Not a 3/8 inch washer).

42E2BE4C-33F2-47DB-97F7-200D7CE46EB4 (resized).jpeg42E2BE4C-33F2-47DB-97F7-200D7CE46EB4 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

12,000 (OBO)
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/83?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.