(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 427.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Waited a bit to post this.. but just got my JP LE unboxed about a week ago. I had cancelled my Stranger Things LE and bought this instead after I saw how bland and weak the game was, and I'm SO GLAD I bought this instead as I just played STh the other day and it is nothing compared to this game.

Didn't know whether to upvote this or downvote it since at first you were right...

...until you were wrong. SThLE is the game I can't stop playing, and it sits right next to my JPLE, which is a masterpiece. You can't judge one against the other. Both are really wonderful games in their own different ways, and STh isn't really "cooked" yet.

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't know whether to upvote this or downvote it since at first you were right...
...until you were wrong. SThLE is the game I can't stop playing, and it sits right next to my JPLE, which is a masterpiece. You can't judge one against the other. Both are really wonderful games in their own different ways, and STh isn't really "cooked" yet.

Well, chances are you purchased and owned JP and played the hell out of it before getting STh. That is typical when you get a new game. You are going to play that one more since it's the newest one in the room, right?

But from the perspective of me who played them essentially both at the same time for the first time.. let's be honest... we both know what is the better game and from the playfield and BOM alone. Also, I don't think a single person would ever compare any Lonnie coded game to a Keith game.

But either way, pinball is all about fun and I am sure STh will turn out to be a great game. But, it's just not comparable to JP, in *my* opinion

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

That's always a bonus when getting a game....I don't own one, but might down the line, just would need to sell a couple of games.
Never played it, but played Iron Maiden and thought the shots were fantastic. Not a fan of their music, but that didn't take the fun factor away....Keith looks like he nailed the JP game too.

IMDN is definitely fantastic. Even better if you like the music, but even if you don't its just a great game all around.

After spending time on JP, IMDN definitely does feel like his first game and JP the second. It's just a great evolution. I can't wait to own his 3rd.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, chances are you purchased and owned JP and played the hell out of it before getting STh. That is typical when you get a new game. You are going to play that one more since it's the newest one in the room, right?
But from the perspective of me who played them essentially both at the same time for the first time.. let's be honest... we both know what is the better game and from the playfield and BOM alone. Also, I don't think a single person would ever compare any Lonnie coded game to a Keith game.
But either way, pinball is all about fun and I am sure STh will turn out to be a great game. But, it's just not comparable to JP, in *my* opinion

But that's kind of my point. If I compared every forthcoming game to JPLE, I'd never buy another game. And they're entirely different games. STh has stuff that JP doesn't have (lovelovelove the projection mapping and ball lock). And no...I'm not just hooked on STh because it's in the honeymoon phase. I played the hell out of JP last night--the code updates make a great game even better, and I love just playing Escape from Nublar sometimes.

But STh is wildly underrated here on Pinside because most people have only played the gimped (pro) version of the game, and because Stern really released it before they had worked out the kinks (which is when a lot of people played the game). That's on them, and it's ruined the reputation of an otherwise great game.

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

IMDN is definitely fantastic. Even better if you like the music, but even if you don't its just a great game all around.
After spending time on JP, IMDN definitely does feel like his first game and JP the second. It's just a great evolution. I can't wait to own his 3rd.

We have a MMRoyal coming in Summer and my wife said that's our last game. I sold my Original MM and NGG and never heard the end of it....but after reading the great reviews on JP.....well I might just have to sell my JM and WCS or something else and not tell her.

Then I'll have room for a JP!

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It truly is a masterpiece and I've never looked forward to playing a pin day after day after buying it like I have with JP.
Keith, you killed it man. The problem with this pin is he is going to have a tough time topping or even comparing his next game to this one.
Best pinball purchase ever.

I have to totally agree - I have Jurassic Park pro right next to my Elvira House of Horrors Premium and these games fight for my plays - I can't get enough of either! Totally awesome games...

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can someone please explain Raptor multiball? My take is you need to hit the 3 targets inside, then hit the raptor target in the back, then a bunch of the targets again to start it. The reason I ask is there are sometimes I'll hit the front of the post going into the raptor pin and it will register as a hit. I was thinking the vibration was causing a switch to register but I place it in switch test and pound balls off that post and nothing is registering. Also, if I have the integrity down to 0% sometimes launching a ball will start the mode that makes me think of a vibration again but again I'll place the machine in switch test and vibrate the machine and nothing. I'm stumped.

If you want a poster of the rules, Keith posted these on FB awhile ago, and i made a PDF of them.

JP2.pdfJP2.pdf
#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm sure they sound awesome ! But I have an LE with the upgraded Kenwood speakers - I'm sure those would sound better but I have to admit, after tweaking the bass/treble in the settings the speakers sound so good and can get wayyy too loud as it is haha. Very impressed with how it sounds.

Nice to see LE customers get upgraded speakers! Considering how pathetic the stock Pro/Premium speakers are, it's amazing the stock setup sounds as good as it does. One side note: The "magic" of the PinWoofer system are the dual amps & preamps...not just about the speaker quality.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm sure they sound awesome ! But I have an LE with the upgraded Kenwood speakers - I'm sure those would sound better but I have to admit, after tweaking the bass/treble in the settings the speakers sound so good and can get wayyy too loud as it is haha. Very impressed with how it sounds.

So you're telling me us lowly pro owners really really should go get the pinwoofer kit, got it!

Deleting my external polk sub would remove an eyesore. I'll be pining for this.

#4060 4 years ago

Is anyone having trouble with the right loop registering again? I did the washer fix before the code update that fixed the left orbit, and now my right orbit has problems registering again. I wonder if I need to take the washers back off now.

#4061 4 years ago

Awwwwww hell yeah I just finally got my amber shooter rod from little shop of games!!!

#4062 4 years ago

I’m finding the spinner shot bricks a lot of the time. It almost never feeds the upper flipper. Is this normal? If not, what’s the remedy?

I’ve already had to level the pop-up post up there because it came from factory slightly raised and causing air balls.

#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I’m finding the spinner shot bricks a lot of the time. It almost never feeds the upper flipper. Is this normal? If not, what’s the remedy?
I’ve already had to level the pop-up post up there because it came from factory slightly raised and causing air balls.

Bend the one way gate up or down a hair.

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

It depends on the shot, once you get the shot down, it flows more smoothly, but watching all the demo vids from Stern, it's hit or miss, sometimes into the pops, other times a roll out...but it's not really a horseshoe curve since it is missing a portion of the rail because of the gap needed for the orbit shots. If you hit the shot to the left and manage to ride the spinner entrance on the left side rail, you'll have a better chance of the guide rail angling the ball into the back orbit to the flipper, but it still has to jump the gap from the spinner guide to the orbit guide, so staying to the left will provide more of an arching curve. Hitting it up the center or right will depend on the ball/spin/flipper shot as your asking for the rail to change the trajectory too dramatically from the center or right of center up the spinner lane, which usually clunks a little or drops into the pops

#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

It is likely that you are bricking the shot, not the spinner A shot from the left flipper cannot touch the right wall or the ball will usually rattle in the curve and die. It's difficult to get a clean shot from the left; I expect most of mine won't make it all the way around but its a good way to get into the pops. Shots from the right are more forgiving, but if you catch the left wall too low, you may bounce into the right side and rattle. Shots that don't touch the right wall fly around no problem.

#4066 4 years ago

Makes a lot of sense! Probably 10% of my right flipper shots to the spinner weren’t making it around the orbit. That seems way too low. I’ll adjust the gate (and also my aim!)

#4067 4 years ago

Had my best first ball and game yet!

I had everything qualified for Nublar, but needed to run down the clock on TRex Encounter.

I blew a ball in Visitor's Center and Control Room wizard modes. Does the time run down on these modes? If so, might just be worth it to trap the ball if you're low on balls and close to Nublar.

IMG_20200221_215739 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_215739 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_221032 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_221032 (resized).jpg
#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Had my best first ball and game yet!
I had everything qualified for Nublar, but needed to run down the clock on TRex Encounter.
I blew a ball in Visitor's Center and Control Room wizard modes. Does the time run down on these modes? If so, might just be worth it to trap the ball if you're low on balls and close to Nublar.[quoted image][quoted image]

Geez...I can only dream of that score right now.. Takes me 3 balls to get your one ball score

#4069 4 years ago

I played this game for the first time!
loved it!!
I,m in, I,ve never bought a new machine, Pro, prem or Le ???

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Care to share your audio settings?

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy1:

loved it!!

Premium, no diggity. No doubt.

#4072 4 years ago

Love the new code. Best game ever! Should be number 1 on the top 100. AFM & MMR don't compare, IMO.

#4073 4 years ago

I have searched through this post and have seen writings about a Stern fix for the post in front of the top right flipper - if I couldn't wait for that, what about using nylon washers and then a steel washer on top, between the post and the playfield? I assume it's just a matter of removing the post and placing the washers in place and then re-attaching the post. Anyone have thoughts on this?

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy1:

loved it!!

Everyone loves the Pro up here - I couldn't justify the extra for the Premium, but I don't think you could go wrong with any trim level. This game is great!

#4075 4 years ago

Escape nublar is cool but I could do without the flickering GI...

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy1:

loved it!!

I couldn’t afford anything more than a Pro game for my first NIB and I couldn’t be more thrilled with my JP Pro.

A lot of times a Stern pro is hugely cut down or different playability-wise from the premium models. With JP the Pro is so close to the gameplay set of the premium that I don’t feel like I’m missing anything except some immersion.

If you can afford the premium then get that, though.

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Love the new code. Best game ever! Should be number 1 on the top 100. AFM & MMR don't compare, IMO.

Totally agree and that is why top 100 should be renamed, “Owners & Haters top 100 bragging & bashing list”. It is not based on how good the game is, rather, people hating on Stern, so they will vote for a B/W game because they are no longer in business. Not that the old games aren't good, they are, but as you said they don’t compare to JP2. Haters will make sure the game stays down. Any Stern, Spooky or JJP for that matter.

#4078 4 years ago

The best thing about the new code is the goat sounds when you put in a quarter, and this fact isnt up for debate, TIA!

#4079 4 years ago

Game is an easy top 5. Personally it’s no.1.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I have searched through this post and have seen writings about a Stern fix for the post in front of the top right flipper - if I couldn't wait for that, what about using nylon washers and then a steel washer on top, between the post and the playfield? I assume it's just a matter of removing the post and placing the washers in place and then re-attaching the post. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Its been fixed for all new games. Older ones Stern has sent a replacement.
Yes, there may always be a few issues on newer ones, and what you suggest is OK.
I wouldnt worry about fixing something that isnt broke.

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

My pop up post at the control center used to be level to the playfield at the resting position but is now sunken in about an inch. How do you adjust the post to re-level it? I actually called Stern tech support and they didn't immediately know and I'm waiting to hear back

IMG_20200221_124912 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_124912 (resized).jpg
#4082 4 years ago

Its a simple nut to turn, to raise it to flush Easy to see and fix....Check with your finger as too high or low creates issues.
If it happens again, you can add an additional nut or other methods.

#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Premium, no diggity. No doubt.

Play on playa

#4084 4 years ago

20200222_132814 (resized).jpg20200222_132814 (resized).jpg20200222_133140 (resized).jpg20200222_133140 (resized).jpg
Rather than use a ziptie to stop the ball coming back out of the pops through the 'one way gate', which think looks a little ugly.
I cut the end off a leaf switch, and with a slight bend, attached under the screw holding the gate.
Works perfectly.

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Geez...I can only dream of that score right now.. Takes me 3 balls to get your one ball score

You'll get there. Trust me, most of my games look NOTHING like this one! I usually get a decent score and progress going when I can time the multiballs to bring into collecting Dino's for Visitors Center. To many risky shots to do on single ball.

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

This game is definitely one of the best ever designed. sk8ball put together a masterpiece here. And he seems to have a real passion for this when you look at all the little details he puts into design and code. I don't think we've ever had a designer like this. To me, not only is the game arguably the best of all time, but Keith is the Michael Jordan of pinball.

As for MM/AFM, I have to politely disagree. The game appear simple compared to.some of these new games, but they are timeless. The shots, code, dot, sounds are all perfect. I won't play them as much as JP, as there is so much more to play for in newer games, but when I do play, I'm always smiling.

#4086 4 years ago

While some may label it the "Honeymoon Phase", I have 4 months into the game now, and find myself
playing the game in my mind, not only in my sleep, but during the day for no reason, or decision.

Perhaps it really is like a Honeymoon, and young love, when one simply cant get enough of it.

I have never had a game that has hit me so long, and as often as this one, to keep going back to play.

I am a JP Addict and Need Help!

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Totally agree and that is why top 100 should be renamed, “Owners & Haters top 100 bragging & bashing list”. It is not based on how good the game is, rather, people hating on Stern, so they will vote for a B/W game because they are no longer in business. Not that the old games aren't good, they are, but as you said they don’t compare to JP2. Haters will make sure the game stays down. Any Stern, Spooky or JJP for that matter.

Not arguing, just pointing out that Stern represents more than half of the top 20

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its a simple nut to turn, to raise it to flush Easy to see and fix....Check with your finger as too high or low creates issues.
If it happens again, you can add an additional nut or other methods.

Thanks, just adjusted them. Pretty crazy that the Stern tech support didn't know that they were adjustable!

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks, just adjusted them. Pretty crazy that the Stern tech support didn't know that they were adjustable!

Was the leveling screw loose? you should check the height over the next week as if it continually loosening then you'll need to address this before you chip the playfield. Did you check that the up-post coil bracket was still firmly attached to the playfield (as that post had moved quite alot)?

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not arguing, just pointing out that Stern represents more than half of the top 20

But you and I both know they are not properly represented as modern top games in the right order (JP2 does circles around any old games of the past and it’s currently been pushed down by the haters to #8)(JP2 has many times the code and depth of the B/W games - Keith mentioned JP2 has even almost twice as much code as IMDN). If any of those Stern or JJP games came out 25 years ago, they’d all be listed top ten. Stern is viewed as the empire for lots of reasons and not well respected. Old empires (B/W) are easier for many to like, as they no longer raise prices, have current quality issues (and B/W had many quality issues) etc.

True top 100 should be in order of sales figures, which we will never know, unless Stern went out of business. Doubt B/W sales figures come any where close to the current day HUO market, as there are so many more potential sales in this market than the old location based market.

#4091 4 years ago

Just noticed that the new code highlights when you've rescued all the employees on a paddock (saying "Perfect job", or something like that). Nice touch.

Hey, I noticed the first T-REX ramp "skill shot" doesn't register in 1.0. Rather, it starts a paddock. Other folks seeing this?

#4092 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Care to share your audio settings?

Sure - feel free to adjust from my settings to you specific preferences, but I found these to sound great on my LE. I'd imagine similar settings on any model should improve the audio but I can't confirm that of course:

{latest code 1.0}

Fade: -2
8ohm backbox and cab speaker (default on LE)
Backbox Bass Gain: +7.875 dB
Backbox Treble Gain: +9 dB
Cab Bass Gain: +7.5 dB
Can Treble Gain: +9.75 dB

I keep my volume at 26, any higher any there would likely need to be adjustments. But this sounds loud and much better than factory settings for sure.

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey, I noticed the first T-REX ramp "skill shot" doesn't register in 1.0. Rather, it starts a paddock. Other folks seeing this?

I am. Sometimes it looks like the red skill shot arrow disappears at launch so it isn’t possible to get it.

#4094 4 years ago

Does anyone have problems with wobbling ball here. My shot should go around

DSC_0162 (resized).JPGDSC_0162 (resized).JPGDSC_0167 (resized).JPGDSC_0167 (resized).JPGDSC_0164 (resized).JPGDSC_0164 (resized).JPG
#4095 4 years ago

My first time beating Visitor Center! That was a thrill. Admittedly, I'm playing 5 ball unlike most of you, but obviously had to beat it on the 1 ball during the mode. I'm addicted to JP!

Just need to fix my auto plunger. I hope to take it apart tomorrow. I love my POTC, but I don't take any time to play it now. JP is too much of a rush. I even found myself not trying as hard on POTC tonight to get back to JP!

On an earlier game tonight, I got to some kind of dinosaurs rule the world multiball. Was that by clearing a certain number of paddocks?

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

On an earlier game tonight, I got to some kind of dinosaurs rule the world multiball. Was that by clearing a certain number of paddocks?

You probably mean the King of the Island multiball. You get that from beating the spinosaurus paddock.

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You probably mean the King of the Island multiball. You get that from beating the spinosaurus paddock.

Yes, that was likely it. Was that on the prior code?

#4098 4 years ago

There is a new ultra wizard mode called “When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth” that was added in the latest 1.0 code IIRC. It’s awarded upon completing every other mini/wizard mode.

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

There is a new ultra wizard mode called “When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth” that was added in the latest 1.0 code IIRC. It’s awarded upon completing every other mini/wizard mode.

Starting or completing?

#4100 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Starting or completing?

Great question! I just remember it being a line item in the changelog for the 1.0 release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/82?hl=method_own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.