(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 426.
#4001 4 years ago

Ultra Wizard Mode. Sweet! And DNA Combos are back..woohoo!

#4002 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

In The club[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the carpet underlay put in to dampen the coil, mech sounds? If so, what a great idea!

#4003 4 years ago

Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game - sounds cool!

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code!
V1.00.0 - February 19, 2020
===========================
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth - added a new Ultra Wizard Mode that is started if you complete Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room and Escape Nublar
- Escape Nublar - added intro blowoff when you press both flipper buttons
- Escape Nublar - extra balls awarded after starting Escape Nublar will award consolation points (15M)
- Escape Nublar Challenge - initial path you are spotted is determined by the direction of the Truck when the mode starts
- Visitor Center - fixed an issue where the Inlane Up Post would not come up to catch ball during a Fossil award / Tilt warning
- DNA Combos - now enabled
- DNA Combos - sound effect will now happen the moment the combo is achieved, the display effect may be queued up and displayed later if necessary
- DNA Combos - some of the harder combos have been made easier (check Instant Info for details)
- Super Combos - now score 5X instead of 3X
- Perfect Paddock - added a bonus 2x paddock bounty if all the staff is rescued from a paddock
- Super Combos - added new compy attack videos for super combos
- Instant Info - updated Rescues info page to track current percentage of staff rescued
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track DNA combos and how to collect them
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track Wildcard Fossils collected and how to collect them
- Skill Shot - added Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game
- Skill Shot - added MXV Skill Shot
- High Score Tables - added When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth Champion
- High Score Tables - added Skill Shot Champion
- High Score Tables - added DNA Champion
- Raptor Tower Combos - fixed an issue where the tower combo text was occasionally being formatted improperly
- Action Button - fixed an issue where the lockdown button would turn green with no credits in the game
- Speech - fixed an issue where instruction speech could be heard after end ball
- Credit / Partial Credit Sounds - updated sound effects
- System - Updated to V2.44.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.57.0
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Adjustment Changes:
- removed 'NUBLAR CHALLENGE ON START PRESS' in favor of Standard Adjustment 'GAME MODE ON START' in the SPI adjustments. Defaults to STANDARD, set to CHALLENGE to always start Escape Nublar Challenge on start button press.

O M G

#4005 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How’d you snap a pic while cradling both flippers?

I held the right flipper with my knee and pulled my phone out. Lol

#4006 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wonder if it would be worth while to cut a piece of mylar about the size of a nickle and install it there and then put the post back in.

If the TNA mylar fix is any indication, no. It won't help.

#4007 4 years ago

Gotta find this mysterious MXV skill shot.

#4008 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wonder if it would be worth while to cut a piece of mylar about the size of a nickle and install it there and then put the post back in.

I had Cliffys make me a carbon fiber circle about that size to go under there. It looks great and works amazing

#4009 4 years ago

A few $5 to $15 Dino’s from Amazon

0139B340-E6CD-4AD0-8ED6-5A40207C791B (resized).jpeg0139B340-E6CD-4AD0-8ED6-5A40207C791B (resized).jpeg2D039200-1313-45F1-A8AD-6C68CCFD53B5 (resized).jpeg2D039200-1313-45F1-A8AD-6C68CCFD53B5 (resized).jpegEAF9D4F6-3DCD-423E-89AA-86071749CD88 (resized).jpegEAF9D4F6-3DCD-423E-89AA-86071749CD88 (resized).jpeg
#4010 4 years ago

I've got a chip now too.

20200219_193513.jpg20200219_193513.jpg
#4011 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I've got a chip now too. [quoted image]

Here’s the carbon fiber Cliffy makes

47952235-A797-4383-AB8B-82D7DD7644D6 (resized).jpeg47952235-A797-4383-AB8B-82D7DD7644D6 (resized).jpeg
#4012 4 years ago

The added MXV skill shot... Is that the Mike Vinikour shot?

No spoilers if you find it

#4013 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Here’s the carbon fiber Cliffy makes[quoted image]

Oh cool, thanks.

Quoted from fooflighter:

My guess is that it's a joke, like 1 shot short of the full skill shot or something.

#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I've got a chip now too. [quoted image]

I'd use some auto touch up on the black, seal it with automotive clear, cover it with mylar then a fiber washer

#4015 4 years ago

I'm guessing the big skill shot is to heli and control room after the first three.

#4016 4 years ago

For a skill shot I hit: Trex, right ramp, tower, and then the "O" shot and good things happened.
(First try too!)

#4017 4 years ago

I have a JP and DP premium right next to each other.

I think JP is the better game but DP does some things better.

JP excels in rules and ramps, but DP excels in action and humor. DP is a lot more approachable, DP has drop targets, DP has better spinner shots.

I think JP is superior, but I could absolutely see someone disagreeing for those reasons. JP is probably the best shooting game ever. I love rules and this game claims to be at 1.0 software but it’s more like 12.0. It’s so fun it’s absurd. It just depends on what’s important to you and what you like.

Quoted from cyberpunk:

Hi, I can't decide for a second pinball jurassic park or deadpool?

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I hit Trex, right ramp, tower, and then the "O" shot and good things happened.
(First try too!)

Nice! I played a couple games last night. Had a shot at it once when I made the first three shots and noticed the lane lit up, but then the post came up for smart missile so I didn’t get to try to finish it off. Doh!!!

#4019 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

A few $5 to $15 Dino’s from Amazon[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the Papo Ankylosaurus? When you have time, would you mind snapping a pic of it from closer to the player position? Love it...great thinking putting it over the ball launch considering the ball save animation!

#4020 4 years ago

A was quite skeptical at the beginning with this machine. I like the movies and it's an okay theme, but nothing that really made me own this machine. For some reasons I also don't like the look, playing the first few games it felt a bit "clunky" - actually I thought, okay I can save some bucks

But... with the evolving software and a really great overall package of shots, amazing rules! and sounds - I even love the shaker, which I usually don't really need...

Thank you so much Keith, thank you so much everybody who contributed. From my point of view JP is at this time the new reference machine.

#4021 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had suggested (on tilt forums) a skill shot for: TREX, Right Ramp, Upper Loop, Tower. I wonder if that is it or if that is now a skill shot too. If not, I hope it comes at some point as that is so much more rewarding feeling, even if the upper loop first is an accident

#4022 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I had suggested (on tilt forums) a skill shot for: TREX, Right Ramp, Upper Loop, Tower. I wonder if that is it or if that is now a skill shot too. If not, I hope it comes at some point as that is so much more rewarding feeling, even if the upper loop first is an accident

Have you found the secret skill shot?

#4023 4 years ago

The extra ultra wizard mode is just great. Makes the game perfect so there is something beyond escape nublar.
That and the double paddock bounty awards when having rescued all the people is just a great update and makes it a perfect game.

#4024 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Is that the Papo Ankylosaurus? When you have time, would you mind snapping a pic of it from closer to the player position? Love it...great thinking putting it over the ball launch considering the ball save animation!

Yes, it's the Papo one. I'll snap pictures later tonight and post on here.

#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Have you found the secret skill shot?

I wish. Still waiting for my game Ordered first of Jan and am on the April delivery batch.

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

In The club[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool, tell me about these sound upgrades!

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wish. Still waiting for my game Ordered first of Jan and am on the April delivery batch.

Well, when you get it I’ll tell you where it is.

#4028 4 years ago

Finally installed current code which included the Escape Nublar challenge at start. WOW!! So nice to have the ability to play a mode I'll most likely never reach on my own. I never expected that mode to hook me and pull me into the moment like it did. Bravo Stern and Keith!! All the haters ranking this game low in the top 100, you dont have a leg to stand on at this point. You're just straight HATIN'

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Is the carpet underlay put in to dampen the coil, mech sounds? If so, what a great idea!

It is to dampen the sound from the coils

#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Very cool, tell me about these sound upgrades!

You hear sounds you haven't heard before. In this machine it sounds better than in other machines. I put in alpine spg-13c2

#4031 4 years ago

Will go down in history, if it hasn’t already, as the greatest pinball ever. Just perfection.

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Will go down in history, if it hasn’t already, as the greatest pinball ever. Just perfection.

sure looking that way or until Keith's next game

#4033 4 years ago

Can someone please explain Raptor multiball? My take is you need to hit the 3 targets inside, then hit the raptor target in the back, then a bunch of the targets again to start it. The reason I ask is there are sometimes I'll hit the front of the post going into the raptor pin and it will register as a hit. I was thinking the vibration was causing a switch to register but I place it in switch test and pound balls off that post and nothing is registering. Also, if I have the integrity down to 0% sometimes launching a ball will start the mode that makes me think of a vibration again but again I'll place the machine in switch test and vibrate the machine and nothing. I'm stumped.

#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can someone please explain Raptor multiball? My take is you need to hit the 3 targets inside, then hit the raptor target in the back, then a bunch of the targets again to start it.

You have to hit the three front targets twice (Increasing by one after each multiball) or the back target once to light the raptor lock/capture. Once the lock is lit, you have to hit the back target to do the Rapture Capture event. For Prem/LE tables this lifts the gate and captures a ball in the pen as the Newton target, for Pros the ball goes through the pass-through and stops on the Control Room/C lane post then dumps to the left flipper. To start MB, you have to drop the fence integrity to zero by hitting any of the targets in the pen, the back target causes a bigger integrity percentage drop. Once the fence integrity is at zero (Flashing bolt inserts and the music change), you have to hit the back target to start Raptor MB.

Quoted from Yesh23:

The reason I ask is there are sometimes I'll hit the front of the post going into the raptor pin and it will register as a hit. I was thinking the vibration was causing a switch to register but I place it in switch test and pound balls off that post and nothing is registering. Also, if I have the integrity down to 0% sometimes launching a ball will start the mode that makes me think of a vibration again but again I'll place the machine in switch test and vibrate the machine and nothing. I'm stumped.

Check the back target to make sure it isn't getting intermittently stuck behind the rubber on the post right next to the standup target. That could cause some switch chatter, and would explain why you can start Raptor MB by only hitting somewhere in the front of the raptor pen, or that you sometimes need to really hit the back target solid for it to register (i.e. it's caught on the "front side" of the post rubber).

You can fix this by putting a washer/shim under one side of the standup target mounting bracket so the target leans away from the post just enough for clearance to move freely.

#4035 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

8FD1BC41-FDF1-4377-908B-C2856C713B51 (resized).jpeg8FD1BC41-FDF1-4377-908B-C2856C713B51 (resized).jpegDB3D94E2-49CE-47E4-AE0B-C338EFB70062 (resized).jpegDB3D94E2-49CE-47E4-AE0B-C338EFB70062 (resized).jpeg
#4036 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Check the back target to make sure it isn't getting intermittently stuck behind the rubber on the post right next to the standup target. That could cause some switch chatter, and would explain why you can start Raptor MB by only hitting somewhere in the front of the raptor pen, or that you sometimes need to really hit the back target solid for it to register (i.e. it's caught on the "front side" of the post rubber).
You can fix this by putting a washer/shim under one side of the standup target mounting bracket so the target leans away from the post just enough for clearance to move freely.

Thank you, that's exactly what it was. It works like a charm now. Now I just need to figure out how to make the plunge work on each plunge

#4038 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you, that's exactly hat it was. It works like a charm now. Now I just need to figure out how to make the plunge work on each plunge

Make sure you have an orange spring on the plunger and not a green one, your table is level left to right, and possibly put a washer or two under the shooter lane ramp's left fork.

#4039 4 years ago

Anyone change out the ball/post in front of the truck, not the one on the truck itself... i unscrewed the lock nut, and removed the washer, And tried to tap out from the bottom with no luck.

#4040 4 years ago

Are these drop in replacements?

Quoted from Olaa:

You hear sounds you haven't heard before. In this machine it sounds better than in other machines. I put in alpine spg-13c2

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Make sure you have an orange spring on the plunger and not a green one, your table is level left to right, and possibly put a washer or two under the shooter lane ramp's left fork.

Can you explain or snap a picture of the washers under the fork?

#4042 4 years ago

Waited a bit to post this.. but just got my JP LE unboxed about a week ago. I had cancelled my Stranger Things LE and bought this instead after I saw how bland and weak the game was, and I'm SO GLAD I bought this instead as I just played STh the other day and it is nothing compared to this game.

Keep in mind I'm a huge Elwin fan and IMDN is one of my favorite pins ever. From this point on, I'll be buying any of his games. Best move Stern has made in years was to hire him.

What an amazing game - I'll admit, at first, the game can seem a bit clunky and almost floaty. Even double checked my leveling a couple times lol. It's definitely not a great game for people who cannot make tight shots....

But when you figure out how to make the shots.. where they each are at (there's so many) and then actually learn the rules and start forming and testing different strategies.. it just becomes one of the best if not THE best pinball machines I've ever played. It has that "one more game" feeling that rivals one of my favorites, TWD - but in a totally different way.

It truly is a masterpiece and I've never looked forward to playing a pin day after day after buying it like I have with JP.

Keith, you killed it man. The problem with this pin is he is going to have a tough time topping or even comparing his next game to this one. But something tells me he's only getting started in pinball design and the best is yet to come.

Best pinball purchase ever.

#4043 4 years ago

Before now, it was a toss up between TSPP and LOTR for the best rules of any pinball. However, I love TSPP but it was a very slow playing game, and LOTR was a very bland fan layout.

This is the first game maybe ever to combine a ruleset that tops those games with a design that is both fast and methodical. Rules this good are rare, playfields this good are rare, together....

And it's not the quantity of rules. Quality, creativity, and immersion are tops.

Quoted from kpg:

Keith, you killed it man. The problem with this pin is he is going to have a tough time topping or even comparing his next game to this one. But something tells me he's only getting started in pinball design and the best is yet to come.

#4044 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Waited a bit to post this.. but just got my JP LE unboxed about a week ago. I had cancelled my Stranger Things LE and bought this instead after I saw how bland and weak the game was, and I'm SO GLAD I bought this instead as I just played STh the other day and it is nothing compared to this game.
Keep in mind I'm a huge Elwin fan and IMDN is one of my favorite pins ever. From this point on, I'll be buying any of his games. Best move Stern has made in years was to hire him.
What an amazing game - I'll admit, at first, the game can seem a bit clunky and almost floaty. Even double checked my leveling a couple times lol. It's definitely not a great game for people who cannot make tight shots....
But when you figure out how to make the shots.. where they each are at (there's so many) and then actually learn the rules and start forming and testing different strategies.. it just becomes one of the best if not THE best pinball machines I've ever played. It has that "one more game" feeling that rivals one of my favorites, TWD - but in a totally different way.
It truly is a masterpiece and I've never looked forward to playing a pin day after day after buying it like I have with JP.
Best pinball purchase ever.

Totally agree. The audio on this game is also awesome. The wildly cheap default speakers on the Premium sounds good, however if you want stunning results, pick up a PinWoofer system. You won't be disappointed.

IMG_1123 (resized).jpegIMG_1123 (resized).jpegIMG_1133 (resized).jpegIMG_1133 (resized).jpeg
#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can you explain or snap a picture of the washers under the fork?

I used two thinner washers since it is what I had on hand. Don't lift the front of the fork higher than the routed edge of the playfield. It doesn't take much and you don't want to chip the pinballs going up the ramp.

IMG_20191113_005418 (resized).jpgIMG_20191113_005418 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_090606 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_090606 (resized).jpg
#4046 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I used two thinner washers since it is what I had on hand. Don't lift the front of the fork higher than the routed edge of the playfield. It doesn't take much and you don't want to chip the pinballs going up the ramp.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks again. Man I almost want to take an early lunch and try this out Did you put one washer on each side?

#4047 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Totally agree. The audio on this game is also awesome. The wildly cheap default speakers on the Premium sounds good, however if you want stunning results, pick up a PinWoofer system. You won't be disappointed.[quoted image][quoted image]

Pinwoofer Super kit is all I use. 3rd pin installed and always amazed at the crispy clear sounds and the sub. Holy sub . Pin moves across the room. Lol.

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thanks again. Man I almost want to take an early lunch and try this out Did you put one washer on each side?

No, washers on left side only. The idea is to get the ball to roll to the right on launch.

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Totally agree. The audio on this game is also awesome. The wildly cheap default speakers on the Premium sounds good, however if you want stunning results, pick up a PinWoofer system. You won't be disappointed.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sure they sound awesome ! But I have an LE with the upgraded Kenwood speakers - I'm sure those would sound better but I have to admit, after tweaking the bass/treble in the settings the speakers sound so good and can get wayyy too loud as it is haha. Very impressed with how it sounds.

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's always a bonus when getting a game....I don't own one, but might down the line, just would need to sell a couple of games.

Never played it, but played Iron Maiden and thought the shots were fantastic. Not a fan of their music, but that didn't take the fun factor away....Keith looks like he nailed the JP game too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/81?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.