(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,295 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 426.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Nothing seems to be written in stone on a delivery date to distos. I was told on three occasion my build/delivery date had changed before finally getting my Prem

Agreed. Original date was Feb before it being pushed to April.

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Agreed. Original date was Feb before it being pushed to April.

Yeah it sucks but hang in there, you’ll get it eventually I was about to flip my lid waiting!

#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s a complex mode. I am glad I have seen how it works so when I get there through the game I don’t waste the opportunity!
To each his own though!

I hear you, it's very tempting...It's just my OCD shining.

#3954 4 years ago

Is it true that another wizard mode called "When Dinsoaurs Ruled the Earth" or something is coming to the game?

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I can't play that until I get to it through the game... Just my own personal discovery quest, so that's not a factor in a roll back for me

I'm glad I'm not alone

#3956 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is it true that another wizard mode called "When Dinsoaurs Ruled the Earth" or something is coming to the game?

Yes. I believe there may be two more additions coming. One for getting all fossils and one for beating all the "mini" wizard modes. For some reason I was thinking "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" was the one for all fossils collected. I quote "mini" as if another is added for beating (not just playing) all the other ones then that would be the WIZARD mode.

#3957 4 years ago

I’m in for a Premium. Paid in full and was told shipping this month. Probably last week of February... will be very disappointed to hear otherwise

Anyone hear for certain that their premium is being made and shipped in February?

#3958 4 years ago

Here is what I was told (as was also told Feb for my delivery). The batch of prem for Feb mainly went overseas and the remaining orders went to distributors with orders in. So, if your distr was one of the ones to get some of that Feb batch then it's possible. For the rest of us, April seems to be the date now. Only way for you to know is to call your distributor to see if they are getting a batch in right now. If they aren't getting it now then chances are high your order is pushed to April as well.

Anyone (or a dist) with better info feel free to say I'm wrong if you know different. This is what I've just pieced together from my conversation with Stern and the Dist I have spoken with recently.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Here is what I was told (as was also told Feb for my delivery). The batch of prem for Feb mainly went overseas and the remaining orders went to distributors with orders in. So, if your distr was one of the ones to get some of that Feb batch then it's possible. For the rest of us, April seems to be the date now. Only way for you to know is to call your distributor to see if they are getting a batch in right now. If they aren't getting it now then chances are high your order is pushed to April as well.
Anyone (or a dist) with better info feel free to say I'm wrong if you know different. This is what I've just pieced together from my conversation with Stern and the Dist I have spoken with recently.

What distro are you using? What I am hearing from you is Exactly what I heard back when I got my Prem back in fall

#3960 4 years ago

My JP2 is coming through the Stern Rewards Program, which most likely gets lower priority as it is but I did talk to a couple other major Distributors and were told April from them as well. I had thought about keeping my rewards purchase for later in the year and just CLing that order and going the normal route for JP2 thus the calls to others after having my order placed.

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

My JP2 is coming through the Stern Rewards Program, which most likely gets lower priority as it is but I did talk to a couple other major Distributors and were told April from them as well. I had thought about keeping my rewards purchase for later in the year and just CLing that order and going the normal route for JP2 thus the calls to others after having my order placed.

Gotcha

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

And lose Nubar?

If you backtrack to 0.97 you'll lose Nublar if you get to the end, not just from flipper code.

How pissed would you be if you got to where it should be on 0.97 code?

PS. I've got there genuinely, once - not only do you need to get to Visitor Centre, but you also need all 4 Trex modes to get to and play Museum Mayhem, as well as completing 3 control room modes to get to Secure Control room. Then you can attempt to play Escape Nublar.
I'd already played it from the flipper codes, and was confident I knew what I was doing when I got there.
The fact that it's not something I'm going to be getting to every other game I want it there and coded when I do get there.

#3963 4 years ago

Where can I find the directions to clean/lube the Jeep ball? Mine is getting sticky. Someone explained it, but I've been unable to locate it on the thread. Should make it a key post.

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Where can I find the directions to clean/lube the Jeep ball? Mine is getting sticky. Someone explained it, but I've been unable to locate it on the thread. Should make it a key post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/71#post-5403051

#3966 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I love how Stern keeps releasing new code for this game but I also hate taking off the backglass to complete the update. I am always scared that I might drop or break it. To prevent having to take it off for an update, I just installed a USB extension cable that will allow me to complete an update without removing the backglass. Here is the 90 degree USB cable that I used. I think it is a great upgrade/insurance for $8
amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone posted a cool usb option up front on the front where you would put a vol mod and it was a nicely done....looked great. No more taking off the back glass. I also hate taking that off on my LE . My spot is taken with a vol mod but if not I would do it in a heart beat.

#3967 4 years ago

Just updated my pro to .98 today and the new escape nublar challenge is fun!

Only complaint with the update is now I have a constant scratchy noise coming from the speakers that wasn’t present before. Anyone else notice this?

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Someone posted a cool usb option up front on the front where you would put a vol mod and it was a nicely done....looked great. No more taking off the back glass. I also hate taking that off on my LE . My spot is taken with a vol mod but if not I would do it in a heart beat.

I think this is just one of those things I can't get my head around. Why not run a $7 USB extension cable from the backbox, down through the cabinet (along with the coin door wire harness) to the back of the coin door? Would a front USB port add to the visual appeal of the game? I can see it being more convenient up on the back of the coin door, but putting it on the outside of the cabinet.....I just don't get.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Extension-Cable-Male-Female/dp/B00NH12O5I/ref=sr_1_3

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I think this is just one of those things I can't get my head around. Why not run a $7 USB extension cable from the backbox, down through the cabinet (along with the coin door wire harness) to the back of the coin door? Would a front USB port add to the visual appeal of the game? I can see it being more convenient up on the back of the coin door, but putting it on the outside of the cabinet.....I just don't get.
amazon.com link »

It’s looked clean and like it was meant to be there. Al was hidden as it was just a cm from the front . If you saw a pic that would help . I am sure it was a $5.00 part from someone .

#3970 4 years ago

Anyone experienced INVALID? FRENZY by choosing with smart missil, fun and weird...worth it!

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

Anyone experienced INVALID? FRENZY by choosing with smart missil, fun and weird...worth it!

Did you activate it while in a dino capture mode? That gets super crazy!

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Just updated my pro to .98 today and the new escape nublar challenge is fun!
Only complaint with the update is now I have a constant scratchy noise coming from the speakers that wasn’t present before. Anyone else notice this?

Try installing again

#3973 4 years ago

Could someone do me a solid and measure the dimensions (LxWxH) of the playfield truck? I do not currently own this pin but am already planning my mods for when I put my order in. Thanks a ton!

#3974 4 years ago

Interviewed Johnny Bergeron about his work on JP https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/Total-Crap--the-art-of-Johnny-Bergeron-easg6g

D4757344-CF70-44A1-87F4-42AEE15CEAAF (resized).jpegD4757344-CF70-44A1-87F4-42AEE15CEAAF (resized).jpeg
#3975 4 years ago

Had a good chaos MB going tonight.

20200218_214456.jpg20200218_214456.jpg
#3976 4 years ago

When shooting for the smart missile launch, why would a player choose "abort" from the action button?

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

When shooting for the smart missile launch, why would a player choose "abort" from the action button?

You are in multiball with your left flipper tied up or limited chance to make the shot and you don't want to waste it.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

The truck might be blocking the shot?

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

IIRC ... there is a cumulative effect on some rewards when you abort.

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Had a good chaos MB going tonight.[quoted image]

How’d you snap a pic while cradling both flippers?

#3981 4 years ago

Hi, I can't decide for a second pinball jurassic park or deadpool?
I have a pro metallica pinball machine.

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

The truck might be blocking the shot?

The Smart missile is ONLY available when truck is narrowing the shot, when it's facing the other way super spinner is available.

my main reasons to abort:

In MB and don't have control of other balls flying around so likely to miss the shot.
Not in a paddock, or about to move to a dangerous dino paddock and want to save the smart missile for 'clear paddock' award. I'll try and have it set up with smart missile ready to activate and start paddock at the same time. Hit left ramp - choose clear paddock - hit the award BOOM
You have Chaos MB ready to start, but don't want to start it at that point.
Waiting for 'Invalid Frenzy' to come up as a choice.

Many reasons - and it's a nice choice to have if you accidentally trigger the smart missile.

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberpunk:

It’s no choice, but probably the wrong thread to ask.

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The Smart missile is ONLY available when truck is narrowing the shot, when it's facing the other way super spinner is available.

Really, didn’t realize that. I’m sure I’ve had smart missile with an open Truck shot.

#3985 4 years ago

Man I’m really loving the escape nublar challenge! It would be really cool if another little mini game was added.

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Really, didn’t realize that. I’m sure I’ve had smart missile with an open Truck shot.

If you have another ball in play, you can hit the truck to open the Lane before the missle fires AFTER you trigger the shot with the other ball... If you just have a single ball going, the open truck shot will be on Super Spinner and not Smart missle

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So, if your distr was one of the ones to get some of that Feb batch then it's possible.

Asked my distributor, Cointaker, about my order for a JP premium and they said it should ship next week! I hope this stays true, will be bummed if it does get delayed till April as stated earlier. Especially since there were other vendors that still had them in stock when I ordered, but I like dealing with cointaker for all my LEDs so I decided to keep my business with them. This is my first NIB pin. Excited and stressed about if and when it will come!

#3988 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberpunk:

Having owned and truly enjoyed all three, I would honestly sell Metallica and buy both. Both JP and DP are much better games (in my opinion). If you aren't willing to do that, JP is my choice. Every shot is satisfying with a very unique layout...the code is amazing with so much to do and many paths to take. DP is crazy fun, but is overall a bit less satisfying to shoot than JP (other than the super skill shot into the Katana...that's right up there). DP's code, while awesome and unique, is not as deep and could be slightly repetitive, especially in the early part of the game, due to only having three battles to choose from. That's not a rip on DP at all...it's honestly a close call, but JP is just an amazing machine in every way.

Metallica is a great game, but at the end of the day the layout is super standard and "vanilla", especially when compared to JP and DP. The code is great...until you get past the first Crank It Up and keep going towards End of the Line. It becomes get CIU. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it one more time. And it's done the same every time. It just becomes a woodchopping slog, especially if you make the mistake of starting Seek and Destroy and really have to start from scratch qualifying shots for items. And that's a shame since S&D is one of the coolest modes ever! Again...really fun code...until you start getting far in the game and realize it's just the same thing over and over and over. I owned it for a couple years and loved it, but now I am more than happy to play it in other people's collections.

Best of luck with the decision! Not an easy choice, but in my opinion the right answer is always JP!

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Asked my distributor, Cointaker, about my order for a JP premium and they said it should ship next week! I hope this stays true, will be bummed if it does get delayed till April as stated earlier. Especially since there were other vendors that still had them in stock when I ordered, but I like dealing with cointaker for all my LEDs so I decided to keep my business with them. This is my first NIB pin. Excited and stressed about if and when it will come!

Bought my first two NIB from CoinTaker .

Great folks and also have loads of mods all in one place to go broke. Haha .

I should just send them 1k deposit to hold for my next machine whatever that will be in 2020.

If you encounter any problems they will fix it immediately .

Yes I am a fan !!!!

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Having owned and truly enjoyed all three, I would honestly sell Metallica and buy both. Both JP and DP are much better games (in my opinion). If you aren't willing to do that, JP is my choice. Every shot is satisfying with a very unique layout...the code is amazing with so much to do and many paths to take. DP is crazy fun, but is overall a bit less satisfying to shoot than JP (other than the super skill shot into the Katana...that's right up there). DP's code, while awesome and unique, is not as deep and could be slightly repetitive, especially in the early part of the game, due to only having three battles to choose from. That's not a rip on DP at all...it's honestly a close call, but JP is just an amazing machine in every way.
Metallica is a great game, but at the end of the day the layout is super standard and "vanilla", especially when compared to JP and DP. The code is great...until you get past the first Crank It Up and keep going towards End of the Line. It becomes get CIU. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it one more time. And it's done the same every time. It just becomes a woodchopping slog, especially if you make the mistake of starting Seek and Destroy and really have to start from scratch qualifying shots for items. And that's a shame since S&D is one of the coolest modes ever! Again...really fun code...until you start getting far in the game and realize it's just the same thing over and over and over. I owned it for a couple years and loved it, but now I am more than happy to play it in other people's collections.
Best of luck with the decision! Not an easy choice, but in my opinion the right answer is always JP!

Agree with Chris 100% here!

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

If you have another ball in play, you can hit the truck to open the Lane before the missle fires AFTER you trigger the shot with the other ball... If you just have a single ball going, the open truck shot will be on Super Spinner and not Smart missle

So when the truck is turned to be a tighter shot, do you just shoot for the spinner and hope it makes it in the pool bumpers to register the missile shot?

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So when the truck is turned to be a tighter shot, do you just shoot for the spinner and hope it makes it in the pool bumpers to register the missile shot?

No, there is enough room to make the shot to the target - the truck being turned doesn't have much of an effect.
If the shot is true it'll hit the target whether the truck is turned or not.

It's the same thought about hitting a shot through the pop bumpers, it doesn't narrow the shot

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

No, there is enough room to make the shot to the target - the truck being turned doesn't have much of an effect.
If the shot is true it'll hit the target whether the truck is turned or not.
It's the same thought about hitting a shot through the pop bumpers, it doesn't narrow the shot

I love that smart missle shot. I feel like a sniper every time I actually make it. That's one of the things I love about this game....the variety of shot types. It has it all...flowy combo shots, close in your face shots, super long high accuracy shots, flipper tip edge shots, easy feel-good shots, backhandable shots, tight but rewarding shots, a blistering fast repeatable loopshot, etc. It runs the entire gambit in ways most games do not. How many other games out there can make a simple stand-up target feel so amazing to hit when you need it?

#3994 4 years ago

Hit Invalid Frenzy today. Always chose Raptor/Chaos MB and didn’t realize IF is a MB mode too...rad!!

#3995 4 years ago

I did the post replacement fix last night & found that the coil stop was also blown out. Luckily I did happen to have an extra coil stop so that was replaced as well. I positioned the flipper what seems a bit off as the side tower shot is not easily achieved. The flipper is very slightly positioned forward from the right orbit path. The flipper now has full strength, but it seems it needs to be moved back slightly?

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG
#3996 4 years ago

In The club

DSC_0119 (resized).JPGDSC_0119 (resized).JPGDSC_0124 (resized).JPGDSC_0124 (resized).JPGDSC_0148 (resized).JPGDSC_0148 (resized).JPGDSC_0147 (resized).JPGDSC_0147 (resized).JPGDSC_0145 (resized).JPGDSC_0145 (resized).JPGDSC_0146 (resized).JPGDSC_0146 (resized).JPGDSC_0139 (resized).JPGDSC_0139 (resized).JPG
#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That could be a strategy, but I usually go for the direct shot. It's more satisfying making that target directly through the pops. Sometimes if I have a 2nd ball in play, I'll try to hit the truck to open the Lane but that rarely works timing wise. I think it's more of a psychological shot than anything, there is plenty of room but the space and countdown sometimes make you overthink it.. It's really a great shot

#3998 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I did the post replacement fix last night

Be sure to tighten it down real good and check it often.

I have always be told not to overtighten anything on a pinball machine. So when I replaced my post I intentionally put in on "just snug". But after a couple months of play the post loosened itself and wore a spot in the playfield behind it. Now I have to apply a clear coat fix around my replacement post fix. I'm trying not to let it bother me. Can you tell?

#3999 4 years ago

I wonder if it would be worth while to cut a piece of mylar about the size of a nickle and install it there and then put the post back in.

#4000 4 years ago

New game code!

V1.00.0 - February 19, 2020
===========================
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth - added a new Ultra Wizard Mode that is started if you complete Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room and Escape Nublar
- Escape Nublar - added intro blowoff when you press both flipper buttons
- Escape Nublar - extra balls awarded after starting Escape Nublar will award consolation points (15M)
- Escape Nublar Challenge - initial path you are spotted is determined by the direction of the Truck when the mode starts
- Visitor Center - fixed an issue where the Inlane Up Post would not come up to catch ball during a Fossil award / Tilt warning
- DNA Combos - now enabled
- DNA Combos - sound effect will now happen the moment the combo is achieved, the display effect may be queued up and displayed later if necessary
- DNA Combos - some of the harder combos have been made easier (check Instant Info for details)
- Super Combos - now score 5X instead of 3X
- Perfect Paddock - added a bonus 2x paddock bounty if all the staff is rescued from a paddock
- Super Combos - added new compy attack videos for super combos
- Instant Info - updated Rescues info page to track current percentage of staff rescued
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track DNA combos and how to collect them
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track Wildcard Fossils collected and how to collect them
- Skill Shot - added Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game
- Skill Shot - added MXV Skill Shot
- High Score Tables - added When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth Champion
- High Score Tables - added Skill Shot Champion
- High Score Tables - added DNA Champion
- Raptor Tower Combos - fixed an issue where the tower combo text was occasionally being formatted improperly
- Action Button - fixed an issue where the lockdown button would turn green with no credits in the game
- Speech - fixed an issue where instruction speech could be heard after end ball
- Credit / Partial Credit Sounds - updated sound effects

- System - Updated to V2.44.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.57.0
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.

- Adjustment Changes:
- removed 'NUBLAR CHALLENGE ON START PRESS' in favor of Standard Adjustment 'GAME MODE ON START' in the SPI adjustments. Defaults to STANDARD, set to CHALLENGE to always start Escape Nublar Challenge on start button press.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/80?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.