(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 426.
#301 4 years ago

We will be starting up tonight's weekly Pinball stream a bit earlier than normal with 'Jurassic Park" Pro Pinball. Aiming for 6PM EDT - https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

owl-jp (resized).jpgowl-jp (resized).jpg
#302 4 years ago

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.

Any tips?

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.

Make sure to electronically tighten it down like, a super lot. Like hard enough were it goes into a clear creating a protective pool that will hold it tight!

WHat is it...T-Nut? Enough extra room to put a lock nut on it?

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Any tips?

Some blue loctite? It's not permanent. I believe Red is the permanent. Just the tiniest bit should be sufficient. Maybe someone else has a better solution though.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

We will be starting up tonight's weekly Pinball stream a bit earlier than normal with 'Jurassic Park" Pro Pinball. Aiming for 6PM EDT - https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

If I were you I'd wait until tomorrow

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Code drop imminent.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Code drop imminent.

What?! Fill us in buddy

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What?! Fill us in buddy

Sk8ball is Keith Elwin and he just dropped the hint a few comments up. ^^

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've emailed Stern already and I'm sure they will take care of it, just curious if it is a common thing or if this was a bit of a freak incident.

I've had that happen on 3 games in the past few years, think it's just bad luck or a bad part here and there. Happened on my Walking Dead long ago, my Houdini and my Rob Zombie, so no specific manufacturer just probably a basic part that occasionally gets flawed

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Naw it should power on still, but yeah seems like i'm missing a cable to plug into the backbox, ugh...

Ours was missing the cable too

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What?! Fill us in buddy

Quoted from jdoz2:

Sk8ball is Keith Elwin and he just dropped the hint a few comments up. ^^

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Any tips?

I am having the same problem, and am going to try Loctite. No room underneath to attach a nylon nut as the post is directly under the upper flipper bracket, and the existing post doesn't extend past the bottom of the playfield anyway. We will see how that works out. Might have to cut a notch in the flipper base plate and try something else if Loctite doesn't work.

#313 4 years ago

Has anyone heard lately when LE's will be shipping?

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My distro told me this morning one month out.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I am having the same problem, and am going to try Loctite. No room underneath to attach a nylon nut as the post is directly under the upper flipper bracket, and the existing post doesn't extend past the bottom of the playfield anyway. We will see how that works out. Might have to cut a notch in the flipper base plate and try something else if Loctite doesn't work.

Keith suggested Loctite as well. Go for it!

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I was told the week of Labor Day.

#317 4 years ago

I was told mid-September

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I was having the same issue with that post and the blue loctite seems to be working just fine. Put the loctite on Saturday and is still snug as of this afternoon.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I was told mid-September

If LE's are shipping mid Sept when are Premiums shipping, before or after that?

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If LE's are shipping mid Sept when are Premiums shipping, before or after that?

My bad, I was told premiums ship mid September... I don’t know about LE’s

#321 4 years ago

LE are first. Then premium. Premium likely not until October.

#322 4 years ago

Has everyone seen the thread by Mezel Mods? He's developing some extremely nice mods that look to be ready sooner than later. The replacement guard tower looks awesome so far, and the raptor pen mod looks very cool also.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods#post-5159936

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Stern no longer ships the cable in the game to carry 120V to the door from the backbox. Your distributor should have some on hand or call Stern and ask them to provide it for you.

It surprises me that they have included the cable for this long (since SPIKE 1 WWE). I would expect the vast majority of people never use the cable, so it seemed pretty strange that they included them with every game.

Does anyone know if JP is the first game to not include the cable or was it dropped awhile back?

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I guess I’m streaming tomorrow night as well Thanks for stopping in tonight.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So my one way gate in the raptor pit broke after about 4 games last night...anyone else had this issue?
I've emailed Stern already and I'm sure they will take care of it, just curious if it is a common thing or if this was a bit of a freak incident.[quoted image][quoted image]

Our Raptor pit was not tightened down (at all) and the ball was getting hung up/caught in there. It wasn’t until a dozen or so games in... that we realized that the gate was never tightened down, but just hanging in there.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I guess I’m streaming tomorrow night as well Thanks for stopping in tonight.

No prob! To answer a couple rules you guys seem unclear about...
Mini wiz mode King of the Island is at the Spinosaurus paddock. Capturing the T-Rex is not a mini wiz but boosts timers for 2X scoring, Ball save during multiballs, all modes.

Paddock capture difficulty- The green and yellow paddocks require you to only hit the "Set Trap" targets to light capture while the orange and red paddocks require setting the trap AND hitting the helipad to light capture. If you visit the Spitter paddock as your 2nd paddock you must hit the helipad before capture. It's a tough paddock but the reward perk is 2x super spinner. A regular super spinner is 2X lit spinner value so you can stack the spitter perk with 2x playfield and super spinner and max spinner for 8X lit spinner value (roughly 2 mil a spin)

The carnivores have special abilities. The ability of the spitter is to freeze rescues for 5 seconds when it comes within one space of a rescue. This is why a couple of the rescue shots you guys hit didn't award a rescue. You will know when the rescue light turns solid that that victim is temporarily incapacitated.

Other carnivore traits include:
T-rex- super speed
Spinosaurus- can jump from left side to right and vice-versa
Raptor- two raptors are active at once in the paddock, both must be captured
Compys- can't be slowed
Pteranodon- can fly directly to rescue shots

2X playfield scoring is lit via supply drop collect

Escape target is lit via roll-over in the pop area

#327 4 years ago

sk8ball I am taking delivery Friday and really looking forward to exploring this game! Thanks for the rule insight.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It surprises me that they have included the cable for this long (since SPIKE 1 WWE). I would expect the vast majority of people never use the cable, so it seemed pretty strange that they included them with every game.
Does anyone know if JP is the first game to not include the cable or was it dropped awhile back?

JP2 is not the first. I believe it was several games back when Stern stopped providing the cable in all NIB games. There was no announcement, Stern just stopped providing the cable, but Stern will send the cable out if you call and ask for it.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Stern no longer ships the cable in the game to carry 120V to the door from the backbox. Your distributor should have some on hand or call Stern and ask them to provide it for you.

Bingo but straight b.s...
Namaste Stern!

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So my one way gate in the raptor pit broke after about 4 games last night...anyone else had this issue?
I've emailed Stern already and I'm sure they will take care of it, just curious if it is a common thing or if this was a bit of a freak incident.[quoted image][quoted image]

We played the game a couple of times and it happened to us as well. Didn’t seem to hurt gameplay at all, which is nice.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

JP2 is not the first. I believe it was several games back when Stern stopped providing the cable in all NIB games. There was no announcement, Stern just stopped providing the cable, but Stern will send the cable out if you call and ask for it.

Thanks for the info. I have a friend that has a BK:SoR and a Munsters....maybe I will go rootin' through their coin boxes and see if they had them.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

We will be starting up tonight's weekly Pinball stream a bit earlier than normal with 'Jurassic Park" Pro Pinball. Aiming for 6PM EDT - https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous[quoted image]

Ahhhhh. Psygnosis........ Those were the days

#333 4 years ago

Can someone take a pic of the S shot underneath the wire frame? I think something came loose on the one I just helped set up.

#334 4 years ago

Any pooling around posts on these playfields?

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Ahhhhh. Psygnosis........ Those were the days

'Shadow of the Beast' 1989, comes to mind! King of graphics at the time on the Amiga 500!
Shadow_of_the_beast_cover_art (resized).jpgShadow_of_the_beast_cover_art (resized).jpg

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Black Knight and Deadpool definitely didn't have the cable.

#337 4 years ago

Couple things...
My ball gets stuck a lot in the raptor cage between the gate and a post rubber to the left, and the same thing happens at the one way gate above the spinner in the middle. Any solutions?

Also table is level on all 4 legsbut my glass is super hard to get in/out... best way to pry the side rails loose a little?

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Any pooling around posts on these playfields?

Yes. Just played a brand new pro on location last night and it had significant pooling around the slingshot posts.

#339 4 years ago

*HEADS UP*

So the post in front of the top right fliper has so few threads that it won't stay in place...
You can I guess use locktite but the best and real solution is a post that goes all the way through with a locking washer nut. After less than 2 days on location it popped out last night on location, p.s... I did even tighten it by hand when I put a titan rubber on this post.

On the way to a hardware store...

20190822_104709 (resized).jpg20190822_104709 (resized).jpg20190822_104753 (resized).jpg20190822_104753 (resized).jpg
#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

We had a launch Deadpool with the cable I think.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

*HEADS UP*
On the way to a hardware store...[quoted image][quoted image]

What parts are you getting from the hardware store?

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Yes. Just played a brand new pro on location last night and it had significant pooling around the slingshot posts.

F*ck, my Maiden LE had pooling that chipped. Stern is taking care of me but I am still waiting for resolution. I ordered a JP2 LE thinking this issue would be behind them by now as its multiple games and over a year later. These cost too much money to deal with this BS and headaches.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

I believe Stern stopped including DBV cable early in 2019. Our Deadpool had the cable in it as did Munsters and Beatles. However, BKSoR and JP didn't.
Anything produced after a certain date won't have it, but ask your Distributor or Stern to provide one and they will.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Couple things...
My ball gets stuck a lot in the raptor cage between the gate and a post rubber to the left, and the same thing happens at the one way gate above the spinner in the middle. Any solutions?
Also table is level on all 4 legsbut my glass is super hard to get in/out... best way to pry the side rails loose a little?

Bump

#345 4 years ago

I understand that you try to fix the stuff yourselfs but do tell your distributor about it, that way they can tell Stern that the person in the factory who tigthens the nuts and bolts to do their job proparly.
Otherwise the problems keep happening?

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I understand that you try to fix the stuff yourselfs but do tell your distributor about it, that way they can tell Stern that the person in the factory who tigthens the nuts and bolts to do their job proparly.
Otherwise the problems keep happening?

Needs Loctite, or a better t-nut. Stern is aware of the issue.

It has nothing to do with people on the assembly line not doing their job properly.

#347 4 years ago

My game has been on location for about 48 hours, I'll go down after work and check on the post. I believe I have some locktite in my tool kit though so shouldn't be too hard to solve.

#348 4 years ago

Have any LEs shipped?

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Have any LEs shipped?Not yet

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Have any LEs shipped?

Wizards Castle, man I loved that place. Cloverdale Mall early day when you should be in school, Hash bots and good times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/7?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.