(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 424.
#3901 4 years ago

done!

EFC46450-3A55-4F32-9CA9-CDB66B03BF51 (resized).jpegEFC46450-3A55-4F32-9CA9-CDB66B03BF51 (resized).jpeg
#3902 4 years ago

This game got a new wizard mode that also doubles as a mini game you can start whenever and it has it’s own high score table?

This is insanity.

By far the most confident I’ve ever been in a pinball purchase.

#3903 4 years ago

Played escape last night w a buddy... flippin amazingly fun! Might not ever play the original mode again. Lol

#3904 4 years ago

The cherry on top with this thing would be a midnight madness mode. Then it truly would have absolutely everything. So much fun the escape nublar. Made to the last shot before the helipad when I lost my last truck. Damn.

#3905 4 years ago

I'm all about the wizard modes, and this one is definitely epic.

This game has been coming together so nicely that my Batman 66 is now sitting collecting dust. It just shows how good Keith's code is, when you start looking at a game like BM66 as boring.

#3906 4 years ago

A couple dino upgrades. Way better than the lizard head original T-Rex. Just have to cover up or hide the old mounting holes on the backboard. Might need to come up with a better mount at some point but for now he holds himself in place really well with no modifications.

312E37BD-8245-484B-893E-586773EAA074 (resized).jpeg312E37BD-8245-484B-893E-586773EAA074 (resized).jpeg4E3EF1FA-7A9D-4D50-B192-B2E27C8F168A (resized).jpeg4E3EF1FA-7A9D-4D50-B192-B2E27C8F168A (resized).jpeg94BC10C4-B173-40E6-A56F-78603EAE351C (resized).jpeg94BC10C4-B173-40E6-A56F-78603EAE351C (resized).jpegFC5AB282-D01F-4742-B71C-218093CDEEB0 (resized).jpegFC5AB282-D01F-4742-B71C-218093CDEEB0 (resized).jpeg
#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

A couple dino upgrades. Way better than the lizard head original T-Rex. Just have to cover up or hide the old mounting holes on the backboard. Might need to come up with a better mount at some point but for now he holds himself in place really well with no modifications.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool shot between the legs!

#3908 4 years ago

You guys are doing some cool stuff on the pros.

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, DNA combos definitely seem to be MIA.

Keith talks about DNA and the scoring exploit on tilt forums.

"It’s a bug. They’ll be back soon along with Super Combos. The scoring exploit he describes he just keep shooting raptor pen. I’m guessing a poorly set up game."

Sounds like they will be back.

#3910 4 years ago

Played the Escape Nublar challenge yesterday - the opening call out, and callouts throughout, as well as graphics substituted "worker/s" with "goat/s"

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

A couple dino upgrades. Way better than the lizard head original T-Rex. Just have to cover up or hide the old mounting holes on the backboard. Might need to come up with a better mount at some point but for now he holds himself in place really well with no modifications.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I assume that's the "papo" brand Trex? Looks great!!

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've gone with the Papo Raptor and Pteranodon - and Colonel Pickles Trex, just haven't got round to fitting them yet.

Plan is to use piano wire to fix the pteranodon horizontally from the bracket holding the bulbs on the right ramp.
Raptor will be superglued to a clear 'plastic protector', cut to size behind the raptor pen, although she'll need a dunk in boiling water so I can turn her head to face over the pen - instead of looking to the side.
Trex may need to have her tail trimmed a little with her legs astride the left ramp, boiling water to move her head as well probably.

pteradon (resized).jpgpteradon (resized).jpgraptor (resized).jpgraptor (resized).jpgtrex (resized).jpgtrex (resized).jpg

#3913 4 years ago

Yup! He straddles the ramp perfectly...almost snaps gently in place with the end of his tail fitting through the gap between the backboard and the side. As it is now, he will need to come out to lift the playfield, but he literally just pops in and out of place. He is rock solid during play so far.

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yup! He straddles the ramp perfectly...almost snaps gently in place with the end of his tail fitting through the gap between the backboard and the side. As it is now, he will need to come out to lift the playfield, but he literally just pops in and out of place. He is rock solid during play so far.

Sweet! I'll probably order one. I already have the pteradon and the raptor. I think I was probably the first to do the raptor mod way back when. I've been waiting to see a nice solution for the Trex.

#3915 4 years ago

Sweet! I'll probably order one. I already have the pteradon and the raptor. I think I was probably the first to do the raptor mod way back when. I've been waiting to see a nice solution for the Trex.

Nice! I can't take credit for the T-Rex as I saw someone else in this thread use him (wish I could remember who!), but he cut the tail off and mounted it differently. I was pondering how I was going to mount mine differently when he almost literally fell into place!

The pteranodon I also saw done here first, but already had it in mind since I have had two of them in my Data Easy JP for many years. I also have the Papo raptor in that one, over the kickback. Looks great. I would have done that one on my Stern, but the previous owner already had a different but really nice looking raptor in it.

I just received three boxes full of more goodies for it, so hopefully tonight I will get to do some serious modding. Going a little more crazy on this one than I usually do, but just can't help myself. I freaking love this game and can't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

#3916 4 years ago

Likely joining the club, setting up an order now for a remaining premium at a distributor. $7400 is the best they can do shipped which seems decent from what I've been reading. I played a premium on location a month or so ago and had a blast. Great playing game and I like that the code has a very deep objective based ruleset with multiple wizard modes.

I still want to confirm the build date before proceeding. I don't think there's been any playfield issues reported on premiums?

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Likely joining the club, setting up an order now for a remaining premium at a distributor. $7400 is the best they can do shipped which seems decent from what I've been reading. I played a premium on location a month or so ago and had a blast. Great playing game and I like that the code has a very deep objective based ruleset with multiple wizard modes.
I still want to confirm the build date before proceeding. I don't think there's been any playfield issues reported on premiums?

Playfield should Be good. Have not heard any issues on Prems . Mine looks good. Your price is good too

#3918 4 years ago

Hello there...who's the expert that knows how to adjust my game match to the dino egg like this? This is much cooler then the random scrolling match that i currently have it on. Thanks!!

match (resized).PNGmatch (resized).PNG
#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from caz1844:

Hello there...who's the expert that knows how to adjust my game match to the dino egg like this? This is much cooler then the random scrolling match that i currently have it on. Thanks!![quoted image]

Interesting as New out of box that's how my match was and is? The egg rotates

#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from caz1844:

Hello there...who's the expert that knows how to adjust my game match to the dino egg like this? This is much cooler then the random scrolling match that i currently have it on. Thanks!![quoted image]

Sounds like you need to update your code.

#3921 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Playfield should Be good. Have not heard any issues on Prems . Mine looks good. Your price is good too

That's good to hear, thanks!

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from caz1844:

I believe the rotating egg was added with the very first code update. What code are you running?

#3923 4 years ago

I believe the rotating egg was added with the very first code update. What code are you running?

I want to say it's .8 something but not quite sure. I'll check that out and no I have not updated the code yet.

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from caz1844:

I want to say it's .8 something but not quite sure. I'll check that out and no I have not updated the code yet.

.8 is super old at this point. they are on .98 and likely close to a full 1.0 release.

update and you'll have the match screen with the rotating egg.

#3925 4 years ago

I have had a few people contact me asking about where I got the dinosaurs and how I mounted them.

They are Papo brand. Found them both on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Papo-55075-Brown-Running-T-rex/dp/B07NJN1W93/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

https://www.amazon.com/Papo-The-Dinosaur-Figure-Pteranodon/dp/B000GL1BHO/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

Pteranodon I used a piece of piano wire that I bent into shape. Drilled a small hole into his body and shoved the wire in. Kept the fit tight enough to not need glue or anything. Attached to one of the post nuts in the area, and bent the wire to where I wanted it.

T-Rex was way easier than I expected. I ran his tail between the gates and through the gap between the backboard and the side of the cabinet. His legs are perfectly sized to almost snap in place around the ramp. It is surprisingly solid when you get it positioned just right. I might make a better mount for him someday, but for now it is just fine. I will have to take him out to raise the pf, but for how often that is needed it and how easy he goes in and out, that will not be a problem for me.

07685122-4D30-4070-8EBD-43048474C40D (resized).jpeg07685122-4D30-4070-8EBD-43048474C40D (resized).jpeg23F5FCFB-A555-4A71-A9DC-24265ED1127D (resized).jpeg23F5FCFB-A555-4A71-A9DC-24265ED1127D (resized).jpeg25ECF575-D6C2-4D63-8601-A0C04D273063 (resized).jpeg25ECF575-D6C2-4D63-8601-A0C04D273063 (resized).jpeg78B86C99-A24B-4242-98B7-CAE2F4B40446 (resized).jpeg78B86C99-A24B-4242-98B7-CAE2F4B40446 (resized).jpeg696A0957-B951-445D-89D4-E61F87CD9046 (resized).jpeg696A0957-B951-445D-89D4-E61F87CD9046 (resized).jpeg
#3926 4 years ago

Joined the club today! My first NIB finally arrived. Dec 16 manufacture date.

Loving it already

37AC5139-E5D8-41E4-9271-AAAC1713BEDC (resized).jpeg37AC5139-E5D8-41E4-9271-AAAC1713BEDC (resized).jpeg
#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Joined the club today! My first NIB finally arrived.

Congratulations! I'm so jealous, hope to hear something about shipping of my pin sooner than later. This will be my fist NIB pin as well!

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Congratulations! I'm so jealous, hope to hear something about shipping of my pin sooner than later. This will be my fist NIB pin as well!

It was my first NIB too!!

Exciting times!

#3929 4 years ago

Congrats to the first time NIB buyers!

If anyone wants a NOOB (out of) JP feel free to hit me up.

#3930 4 years ago

This is a new one for a "stuck" ball...

IMG_20200209_190729b (resized).jpgIMG_20200209_190729b (resized).jpg

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

[quoted image]

What the heck is going on there???

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

[quoted image]

Get out the pitch forks boys! Stern is going to pay for this. You should probably ask you're distributor for a brand new fully populated playfield.

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Get out the pitch forks boys! Stern is going to pay for this. You should probably ask you're distributor for a brand new fully populated playfield.

I will settle for nothing less than a no-cost delivered Premium full table replacement for this virtually unplayable manufacturing defect in my Pro as compensation for my inconvenience.

What the heck is going on there???

The ball was rolling up the inlane and had just enough oomph to stop at the edge of the rollover switch cutout and "fall" into the hole. A simple nudge got the ball free. The vibration from the ball search would have likely jostled it free, but I wasn't feeling patient enough to wait for it after taking the picture.

#3934 4 years ago

I'm having DNA combo withdrawal

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm having DNA combo withdrawal

I think I've only gotten 2 of the 11 so far (Ankylosaurus, Gallimimus). Do you recall how many you've gotten? Some of them are pretty tough/obscure...

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think I've only gotten 2 of the 11 so far (Ankylosaurus, Gallimimus). Do you recall how many you've gotten? Some of them are pretty tough/obscure...

Yep I love shooting combos on this machine - I just need to remember what they all are (as I end up shooting slightly different variations ... which of course I don't get rewarded for )

Gallimimus: Spinner > Truck
Ankylosaurus: Helipad ramp > Control Room
Brachiosaurus: Left ramp > Right ramp > Supply Drop standup
Velociraptor: Left ramp > Helipad ramp > Raptor Pit
Stegosaurus: Spinner > Upper loop > Upper left Supply Drop target
Triceratops: Helipad ramp > Left ramp > Amber target
Spitter: Helipad ramp > Left ramp > Right loop
T-Rex: Spinner > Upper loop > Tower ramp > Truck
Compsognathus: Spinner > Upper loop > Tower ramp > 2x Scoring target
Pteranodon: Helipad ramp > Left ramp > Right ramp > Tower ramp
Spinosaurus: Spinner > Upper loop > Tower ramp > Helipad ramp > Left ramp > Right ramp

#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've scored: (having them bug out on the latest code is a bummer)

Gallimimus
Ankylosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Velociraptor
Spitter
Pteranodon

#3938 4 years ago

It's been a while since I've purchase a Stern NIB, but thinking of picking up a JP Premium and I'm looking for recommendations for distributors. PM if that is more appropriate as I am sure there are many great distros and a recommendation for one doesn't equate to a slight to others. (Are the LEs Sold Out?)
Thanks in advance!

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

It's been a while since I've purchase a Stern NIB, but thinking of picking up a JP Premium and I'm looking for recommendations for distributors. PM if that is more appropriate as I am sure there are many great distros and a recommendation for one doesn't equate to a slight to others. (Are the LEs Sold Out?)
Thanks in advance!

The best thing you can do is call around for pricing and also check if the distributor has the game in stock and ready to ship immediately. I don't think JP Premiums are hitting the line again at Stern until April so availability would be as much of a concern as pricing unless you don't mind waiting a couple of months.

#3940 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think JP Premiums are hitting the line again at Stern until April

I hope you are wrong on this part. I was told they were going back in production at the beginning of February and I hope to have my premium shipped in a week or so.

#3941 4 years ago

Put up my best game so far...factory settings. Got to Secure Control Room and Visitor Center. Unfortunately DNA Bonus was zero since it’s not in the code anymore, but still recognized as part of VC bonus.

4224B012-594B-49FE-BA9A-A4BD70CF95CC (resized).jpeg4224B012-594B-49FE-BA9A-A4BD70CF95CC (resized).jpeg91169C02-4FFF-497A-8FE5-8A1AFA2C9075 (resized).jpeg91169C02-4FFF-497A-8FE5-8A1AFA2C9075 (resized).jpeg
#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I hope you are wrong on this part. I was told they were going back in production at the beginning of February and I hope to have my premium shipped in a week or so.

I hope you're right. Keep us updated on your game.

#3943 4 years ago

I’m also in on a premium and was told 2-3 weeks.....

#3944 4 years ago

Has Keith chimed in on the DNA combos?

Just curious if they were purposely removed or it was an accident with the new code update.

#3945 4 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Has Keith chimed in on the DNA combos?
Just curious if they were purposely removed or it was an accident with the new code update.

He said on Tilt forums it was a bug and they will be back soon.

I'm thinking about doing a revert to .97 until then to get them back

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

He said on Tilt forums it was a bug and they will be back soon.
I'm thinking about doing a revert to .97 until then to get them back

And lose Nublar?

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I hope you're right. Keep us updated on your game.

I've been told April and put my order in Jan 1. I was told this by Stern specifically as a rewards buyer but I also saw a very respected distributor post that same timeline to someone looking to buy a game. Word is that if it's not in stock it's looking like April. if it makes you feel any better Keith himself posted on Tilt he was still waiting for HIS game. Super happy for Stern that they have a title this hot again but really surprised in the gap in builds for it unless they are having issues with a vendor on getting them parts they need specific to JP2.

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've been told April and put my order in Jan 1. I was told this by Stern specifically as a rewards buyer but I also saw a very respected distributor post that same timeline to someone looking to buy a game. Word is that if it's not in stock it's looking like April. if it makes you feel any better Keith himself posted on Tilt he was still waiting for HIS game. Super happy for Stern that they have a title this hot again but really surprised in the gap in builds for it unless they are having issues with a vendor on getting them parts they need specific to JP2.

Nothing seems to be written in stone on a delivery date to distos. I was told on three occasion my build/delivery date had changed before finally getting my Prem

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

And lose Nubar?

I can't play that until I get to it through the game... Just my own personal discovery quest, so that's not a factor in a roll back for me

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I can't play that until I get to it through the game... Just my own personal discovery quest, so that's not a factor in a roll back for me

It’s a complex mode. I am glad I have seen how it works so when I get there through the game I don’t waste the opportunity!

To each his own though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 12,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/79?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.