(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 427.
#3851 4 years ago

no sorry guys (even more now as Keith got my PM, and replied already)

#3852 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Ugggh.. I really hope this doesn't delay the next code update

Hit the Visitor Center a few times now. Getting close to Escape Nublar. Would hate to make it there and get nothing cause it's not coded yet..

#3853 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

We aren’t cheater! What’s the reward in that

#3854 4 years ago

cool guys
enjoy your JP & no worry (there's absolute no drama here)
back to topic talks now, tanx all

#3855 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

cool guys
enjoy your JP & no worry (there's absolute no drama here)
back to topic talks now, tanx all

Was totally messing with you

#3856 4 years ago

TIP: If your ball has a habit of exiting the pops (the wrong way) through the one-way gate, use a zip cord the limit the gate action.

The ball is able to escape because the gate opens too far. Whenever a ball in the pops bounces off the gate it springs open allowing the ball to pass through. The wider the gate is allowed to open, the more time the ball has to pass through. A zip cord can be used to restrict the gate opening without interfering with it's intended purpose.

I actually have mine tightened down to just slightly smaller than the ball size. There's still enough give that a ball with any speed can pass through from the outside, but the gate will never open wide enough to allow it to exit from the pops side.

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0518 (resized).JPGIMG_0518 (resized).JPG
#3857 4 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

TIP: If your ball has a habit of exiting the pops (the wrong way) through the one-way gate, use a zip cord the limit the gate action.
The ball is able to escape because the gate opens too far. Whenever a ball in the pops bounces off the gate it springs open allowing the ball to pass through. The wider the gate is allowed to open, the more time the ball has to pass through. A zip cord can be used to restrict the gate opening without interfering with it's intended purpose.
I actually have mine tightened down to just slightly smaller than the ball size. There's still enough give that a ball with any speed can pass through from the outside, but the gate will never open wide enough to allow it to exit from the pops side.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice idea, thanks. That has been driving me nuts on mine and I've been trying to think of the best option. When a ball sneaks out of there, 9 times out of 10 it's going SDTM. They really should have used the same style of gate used in the (pro) Raptor pen...with a piece of spring steel to keep the gate closed.

#3858 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice idea, thanks. That has been driving me nuts on mine and I've been trying to think of the best option. When a ball sneaks out of there, 9 times out of 10 it's going SDTM. They really should have used the same style of gate used in the (pro) Raptor pen...with a piece of spring steel to keep the gate closed.

That gate is designed like that intentionally. Keeps you on your toes. I like it the way it is.

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

That gate is designed like that intentionally. Keeps you on your toes. I like it the way it is.

Well, I am certainly not a pinball designer, but I do not think one-way gates are ever designed to intentionally let balls out the wrong way. But if you like it that way, that's cool! We all like different things. I'd prefer it always feed the upper flipper once it's in the pops.

#3860 4 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

I actually have mine tightened down to just slightly smaller than the ball size. There's still enough give that a ball with any speed can pass through from the outside, but the gate will never open wide enough to allow it to exit from the pops side.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool, simple, and effective ! I'm gonna be tempted to try this...I think we need to call it the BeekerZip fix...I partially agree with Alattig about keeping the game true, but it's frustrating when those leaks happen...not when I don't hit it hard enough, that's on me, but when it's already in the pops and goes crazy down the middle right after from springing the gate

#3861 4 years ago

New . 98 Code out now !!!!

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Well, I am certainly not a pinball designer, but I do not think one-way gates are ever designed to intentionally let balls out the wrong way. But if you like it that way, that's cool! We all like different things. I'd prefer it always feed the upper flipper once it's in the pops.

From Keith (who is a pinball designer) on TiltForums:

sk8ball
Current Or Former World Pinball Champion
Sep '19
WWJ:
Also had a number of balls come out of the pops via the lower ‘one-way’ gate, although I assume this should be easily fixed with some manual tweaking.

Keith: That’s by design. Keeps you on your toes

#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome!!

#3864 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

" Set adjustment 45 to YES to enable Escape Nublar Challenge ... " --> woohoo it's a setting
- High Score Tables - Escape Nublar Champion only recognizes natural Escape Nublar scores --> really liking this

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

sk8ball
Sep '19
WWJ:
Also had a number of balls come out of the pops via the lower ‘one-way’ gate, although I assume this should be easily fixed with some manual tweaking.

Ah thanks, well, by design it is... It does make you a better player for sure

#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

sk8ball
Sep '19
WWJ:

No kidding! Wow..ok...I stand corrected then!

#3867 4 years ago

FINAL WIZARD MODE ARRIVES ! ! ! !

V0.98.0 - February 6, 2020
==========================
- Escape Nublar - added this new wizard mode which is lit when you have played Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, and Secure Control Room
- Escape Nublar Challenge - added this mini game
- To activate hold both flipper buttons during attract mode (with credits on machine or free play enabled)
- Select "CHALLENGE" with the flipper buttons and press start up to 4 players.
- Set adjustment 45 to YES to enable Escape Nublar Challenge on start button press always.
- The goal of Escape Nublar is to navigate back through the main gate to the helipad while
rescuing any remaining staff and dinosaurs before the volcano erupts.

- Rescue phase -
Rescue phase consists of collecting rescues by hitting the rescue shots.
Once all rescues achieved hit the trap targets to rescue the dinosaur from that paddock.
If the dinosaur was already captured earlier in the game then this phase is skipped.
Turning the truck during rescue phase rotates the locations of the rescues.

- Navigate phase -
Navigate phase requires you to try to find a safe exit from the paddock by shooting the red arrows.
If the path is blocked by lava then you must find another path.
When a safe path is found the left ramp will light up to advance to the next paddock.
Truck direction dictates which paddock you will navigate to.

- Truck convoy and fuel -
You convoy consists of 3 trucks. Drain the ball or run out of fuel then the truck and it's rescues will be lost.
Once all 3 trucks are lost the game is over. Shoot raptor targets or pop bumpers or collect rescues to add fuel.
Advancing paddock completely refuels the truck.

- Path options -
Taking the path you already navigated on the way to the visitor's will be the quickest escape
from the island but fewer scoring opportunities. (In Nublar Challenge this path is randomly selected for you)

- Sudden death -
If fuel level hits minimum then sudden death begins. All remaining rescues are lost and
you have 15 seconds to leave the paddock before it becomes engulfed and that truck is lost.

- Helipad hurry-up -
Navigating back through the main gate starts the Helipad Hurry-up. Hurry-up value based on
number of rescues, dinosaurs captured and number of paddocks cleared. Shoot Helipad to escape the island.

- High Scores -
Escape Nublar Challenge has it's own dedicated high score board separate from the main game.
Play for a top 3 score or top 3 speed run time.

Tilt ends game!

- Escape Nublar Challenge and Escape Nublar - share the same game rules, however for challenge you are spotted 12 rescues and a default path to Visitor Center
- High Score Tables - added 2 new high score tables specific to Escape Nublar Challenge that track top 3 in points and fastest 3 times
- High Score Tables - Escape Nublar Champion only recognizes natural Escape Nublar scores
- Attract Mode - added video graphics screen for "Locating Pinballs Please Wait..."
- Super Tranquilizer - added restrictions to not be able to use at times when it doesn't make sense, also adding inactive buffer around Control Room select, Auto Launch, and Smart Missile award select
- Super Tranquilizer - lamp effect for Action Button no longer flashes, button is lit green when available to use
- T-Rex Rampage - changed priority of Rampage award so collected value can be seen more easily with other stacked shots
- All Control Room Modes - changed priority of award screens so collected value can be seen more easily with other stacked shots
- All Control Room Modes - final shot now will display the time bonus awarded and the final shot award before fossil collection
- Raptor Locks - in a multiplayer game, when a ball is already locked in the Raptor Pen it is now easier to make progress through the 'sets of target completion' phase
- Callouts - rearranging and adding some new callouts throughout the game
- Mosquito in Amber Accessory Shooter Knob - no longer flashes when Amber / Amber Features are lit, now slowly pulses on / off
- Player Competition Mode - removed left flipper hold to start player competition mode, this can now be performed by holding both flippers and selecting Competition from the choices

- System - Updated to V2.43
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.56.0

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'NUBLAR CHALLENGE ON START PRESS' defaults to FALSE, which will start STANDARD gameplay. When TRUE this will immediately start ESCAPE NUBLAR CHALLENGE instead of STANDARD gameplay.

#3868 4 years ago

Once I get my pin, hate waiting, come on stern, make those new pins soon so mine can get shipped to me! I am leaning towards adding a powered sub for the dinosaurs! Do you need to use a device like pinnovators kit for spike 2 pins to hook up a powered sub, or can you just run wires with alligator clips from the cabinet speaker to a powered sub?

Is there a plus or minus to either of the options?

Thank you

#3869 4 years ago

You can run clips or the board.....I had always used clips, but for JP, I went with a Board.

My ears arent as good, so I let me 24 year old "Audio" son, hear both ways.
His answer was 15%-20% improved sound with the Board, to his ears.
(Im certain there are varying opinions)

A Sub is a MUST along with a Shaker. Both are Well Integrated with code and Dinos!!!

#3870 4 years ago

Can someone with a premium please take a close up pic of the helicopter blade mech? I am thinking of adding the pieces to my pro. Am wondering if I should get the sensor board and try to tie it into a light or switch on the pro. Any help much appreciated guys

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A Sub is a MUST along with a Shaker. Both are Well Integrated with code and Dinos!!!

Well, going with your son’s opinion, my ears are almost 50 years old and a lot of years with jet engine noise to screw it up, I will get the board. Shaker will be added for sure. Thank you for the input. Wasn’t sure if a board made a difference or not.

#3872 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You can run clips or the board.....I had always used clips, but for JP, I went with a Board.
My ears arent as good, so I let me 24 year old "Audio" son, hear both ways.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Well, going with your son’s opinion, my ears are almost 50 years old and a lot of years with jet engine noise to screw it up, I will get the board. Shaker will be added for sure. Thank you for the input. Wasn’t sure if a board made a difference or not.

You guys have it made! A little hearing loss is great news(I too have it) it’s an excuse for not hearing something we should have heard
Knocking on 50 is fun. It’s an adventure. We have pinball machines in our houses! Who knew!
We are young enough to know the shaker motor and the bass rocks

#3873 4 years ago

Just a plug for the Lermods helicopter blades if you have a Pro. You don't realize that you need it until you have it. Makes the game feel much more interactive to see the blades spinning around everytime you hit the helipad shot. Have had excellent customer service from them as well.
Mezel mods has a version of it as well that also looks great.

#3874 4 years ago

Loving the new code update. Being able to play Escape Nublar at start is an excellent idea. It's not a cheat, just its own separate thing. Feels like playing a totally different game!

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Once I get my pin, hate waiting, come on stern, make those new pins soon so mine can get shipped to me! I am leaning towards adding a powered sub for the dinosaurs! Do you need to use a device like pinnovators kit for spike 2 pins to hook up a powered sub, or can you just run wires with alligator clips from the cabinet speaker to a powered sub?
Is there a plus or minus to either of the options?
Thank you

I've hooked up a sub both ways. You can definitely put alligator clips on the cabinet speaker if you want to save a few bucks. However, I'd recommend you spend the $30 (?) on a Pinnovators board. It sounds better, louder, and is the proper way to do it. Like I say, I've tried it both ways. You wont regret it.

#3876 4 years ago

Somewhat hesitant to try Escape Nublar, thinking I would ruin my quest on the regular route, but tried and love it! No ruining of the regular route at all. This is not a cheat, but another way to approach this game. In fact, makes me want to try all the harder to see the regular route as well. This option selection at the beginning of the game has taken the grind out of it for me, freeing me up to enjoy the game more and leave frustration behind.

I’m in on the new code update! It does feel like a different game and is an excellent use of the assets, letting us see the fabulous coding on JP2. All games should have these types of selections at the beginning of the game. Can you imagine if SW had a mode to fight the empire emperor from a different mode. Have had that game for over a year and fought the emperor only once, just a month ago. Frustration sets in about doing it again, it was so hard to get there.

JP2 renews my love of pinball/software meets video games, by taking out the “grind gaps” between the start and end stages of pinball, by allowing play of those stages from a different game point strategy.

Great job Keith and team!

#3877 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Can someone with a premium please take a close up pic of the helicopter blade mech? I am thinking of adding the pieces to my pro. Am wondering if I should get the sensor board and try to tie it into a light or switch on the pro. Any help much appreciated guys

#3878 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You guys have it made! A little hearing loss is great news(I too have it) it’s an excuse for not hearing something we should have heard
Knocking on 50 is fun. It’s an adventure. We have pinball machines in our houses! Who knew!
We are young enough to know the shaker motor and the bass rocks

Well I couldn’t agree more, I keep not hearing things like when my wife says we don’t need another pin!

You get the award for person with glass half full award!

#3879 4 years ago

How to start nublar mode pre game?

#3880 4 years ago

Wow... This game is huge! Surely one of sterns deepest. Love imdn as a traditional mode based pin and now this! Keith and co..you guys are the best. Wonder what his next will be.

#3881 4 years ago

Put on the new code tonight. Escape Nublar is a very different mode to play the game in.

With the translight out during the update I noticed that my week old Playfield had tonnes of tiny scratches running down it. Balls are all clean and no burrs. not sure what’s caused it. Unless they were there from factory. All seem to be running down the Playfields This is my first new stern, is it to be expected? I expected the dimpling but tiny scratches in the clear coat are a surprise.

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Put on the new code tonight. Escape Nublar is a very different mode to play the game in.
With the translight put during the update I noticed that my week old Playfield had tonnes of tiny scratches running down it. Balls are all clean and no burrs. not sure what’s caused it. This is my first new stern, is it to be expected? I expected the dumpling but tiny scratches in the clear coat are a surprise.

You could use novus scratch remover and wax the playfield, but i find it changes the game feel too much by waxing...and thats imho. Enjoy the game. All playfields will tarnish a little, i have an issue with my spooky acnc that im still contemplating complaining about. Play on....

#3883 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

O dont be that guy at league night lol
Be the guy giving tips so everyone can play better. Rely on flipper skills, not better knowledge of a game. Share the wealth

#3884 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

How to start nublar mode pre game?

Hold both flippers in attract mode

#3885 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

With the translight out during the update I noticed that my week old Playfield had tonnes of tiny scratches running down it. Balls are all clean and no burrs. not sure what’s caused it. Unless they were there from factory. All seem to be running down the Playfields This is my first new stern, is it to be expected? I expected the dimpling but tiny scratches in the clear coat are a surprise.

It's just because of the thinner clear... Don't Novus 2 right now.. Just clean it and use a couple light coats of Blitz Wax and then use Novus 1 to clean grime and buff periodically... After about 100 games every week, I'll do a light cleaning and light wax recoat, those little scratches don't appear anymore, you will see over time, ball marks from the wax moving under the heat of the ball friction similar to burn marks on a felt pool table, there's a lot of energy transfer going on under the glass... Those wax smudges are just that fortunately, smudges that clean really with a little clean towel buffing.

Here's a little trick of mine that works amazing:

First make sure your hand is clean, and no rings, watches etc...

Next use your entire hand Palm down on the surface and gently rub and glaze on the wax after you put down a little with the pad, or you can just do it with your hand... Keeping your hand as flat as possible, gently rub on the wax, wirhin a couple passes, you'll start to see a glass like shine appear... Stop and let dry, then lightly wipe off with a very soft detailing microfiber or cloth towel... You will have a glass finish that lasts for more than a week of heavy play

#3886 4 years ago

I am one with the playfield the playfield is one with me!

May the playfield be with you, playfield Master

#3887 4 years ago

Installed my pingraffix art blades and they look awesome!!! Just a heads up that they do not cut a hole on the back part of the blades, it made aligning them a little more difficult but went pretty smooth.

20200207_124751 (resized).jpg20200207_124751 (resized).jpg20200207_124920 (resized).jpg20200207_124920 (resized).jpg20200207_124943 (resized).jpg20200207_124943 (resized).jpg
#3888 4 years ago

Thank you Mr. D.N.A!

#3889 4 years ago

Well I guess my new art blades helped me play better . Got to visitor's center and almost to secure control room.

20200207_135405_HDR (resized).jpg20200207_135405_HDR (resized).jpg
#3890 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well I guess my new art blades helped me play better . Got to visitor's center and almost to secure control room.[quoted image]

Man that's a good score, I'd have to put rubberbands on the outlanes, change to 5 ball to get anywhere near that...

#3891 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well I guess my new art blades helped me play better . Got to visitor's center and almost to secure control room.[quoted image]

Wow congrats to that score! Still struggling to find good tactics for points. Max is 440 mil but i often end up below 100.
Is it "just" advancing through the paddocks or whats your strategy?

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Wow congrats to that score! Still struggling to find good tactics for points. Max is 440 mil but i often end up below 100.
Is it "just" advancing through the paddocks or whats your strategy?

I usually start T-Rex multiball while in first paddock then try to set up raptor multiball in-between control room and second paddock. As long as I can get chaos multiball shortly after that I can get at least close to visitor's center. The "O" shot is the hardest shot for me and if I can hit that shot pretty well in a game I usually do well.

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Man that's a good score, I'd have to put rubberbands on the outlanes, change to 5 ball to get anywhere near that...

Same here

#3894 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that DNA combos have disappeared in 0.98 code?

#3895 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You know, now that you mention it, I think so, I hope that's just a glitch.. Out on the road so I can't test my machine

#3896 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Yep, DNA combos definitely seem to be MIA.

#3897 4 years ago

New game code is awesome.... loving challenge mode. Helps force newbs like me to try to hit specific shots quickly.

#3898 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, DNA combos definitely seem to be MIA.

Guess I'll hold off on my code update. Surely they'll correct this asap

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Guess I'll hold off on my code update. Surely they'll correct this asap

Yep, I’d guess they’ll fix it quick. Interesting that this got removed from JP2 and the back door callout got deleted from the Elvira update. Code is going missing in updates this week

I really like playing Escape Nublar Challenge in the new code. Might still be worth installing to play that even with the missing DNAs.

#3900 4 years ago

DNA combos definitely MIA. Maybe they can fix the "Shoot the left ramp" call-out playing after the final bonus screen while they're at it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/78?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.