(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 426.
#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just takes a little bending to keep this from happening. Removing the gate makes it not play correctly.

Agree. Common among gates on many games. A little bending and it wont get stuck anymore. Just ahd to do it on my Stranger Things too.

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I thought I read back a while ago someone was working on a Nedry computer display screen mod that could go right above the escape standup target and near the control room light platform. I was wondering if anyone could design a 3d printed vintage IBM computer that would fit the Sparky Pinball video displays. Any news or ideas?

This one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1076-cztv-mods/01436-jurassic-park-crt-cztv-mod-with-video-and-sound-version-5

#3753 4 years ago

Mine just arrived today, can't wait to set it up

IMG_20200131_105702 (resized).jpgIMG_20200131_105702 (resized).jpgIMG_20200131_110035 (resized).jpgIMG_20200131_110035 (resized).jpg
#3754 4 years ago
84661095_10158149549160555_5646818294049538048_o (resized).jpg84661095_10158149549160555_5646818294049538048_o (resized).jpg
#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

[quoted image]

Wait...... what's this?!?!

#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Mine gets hung up there all the time. Haven't found a fix yet

Frustrating that stern doesn't play test these games better.
Amazed that many owners can find issues like these in little time, but Stern never does

#3758 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Wait...... what's this?!?!

Yeah never seen that either. Kinda shocked no one else is commenting! (for those who don't know what pic this is about):
last pic of post 3754. "Choose mode of play". WTH is that??

#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Amazed that many owners can find issues like these in little time, but Stern never does

Play testing implies dimples out-of-the-box, which would freak some folks out

Unfortunately, dialing in a NIB game has become a requirement if you want the game to play optimally. Too many examples to discuss here...

#3760 4 years ago

Finally had a really good game on JP. Game is hard but it feels good when you break through.

IMG_20200131_111043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200131_111043 (resized).jpg
#3761 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

[quoted image]

What code version is on your game?

#3762 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What code version is on your game?

#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

[quoted image]

HOW is that accessed?

#3764 4 years ago

I don't think they care. People keep buying their games seemingly regardless of how shoddy their QC has become

#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

HOW is that accessed?

It isn't. Next release.

#3766 4 years ago

All the manufacturers are this way, I have had adjustments out of box with JJP, CGC, and Stern. My friends that have bought spooky games have had tons of adjustments and even had to almost rebuild/patch certain aspects of the game

#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

It isn't. Next release.

Can you elaborate at all on this? Have any other details been released?

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

[quoted image]

Looks exciting! The game that keeps on giving!!

#3769 4 years ago

Can you elaborate at all on this? Have any other details been released?

Just a tease photo from elwins fb, said something about being selectable at start.

#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just a tease photo from elwins fb, said something about being selectable at start.

Sweeeet!!!

#3771 4 years ago

Copy my friend just sent me from Elwin on what he is working on. Came from FB. And Whoa! He is the Master

Headed to Logan later tonight with the Escape Nublar Challenge beta. Tell me what you think.

Escape Nublar Challenge mini game
To activate hold both flipper buttons during attract mode (with credits on machine or free play enabled) Select “CHALLENGE” with the flipper buttons and press start up to 4 players. The goal of Escape Nublar is to navigate back through the main gate to the helipad while rescuing any remaining staff and dinosaurs before the volcano erupts.
Rescue phase.
Rescue phase consists of collecting rescues by hitting the rescue shots. Once all rescues achieved hit the trap targets to rescue the dinosaur from that paddock. If the dinosaur was already captured earlier in the game then this phase is skipped. Turning the truck during rescue phase rotates the locations of the rescues.
Navigate phase.
Navigate phase requires you to try to find a safe exit from the paddock by shooting the red arrows. If the path is blocked by lava then you must find another path. When a safe path is found the left ramp will light up to advance to the next paddock. Truck direction dictates which paddock you will navigate to.
Truck convoy and fuel.
You convoy consists of 3 trucks. Drain the ball or run out of fuel then the truck and it’s rescues will be lost. Once all 3 trucks are lost the game is over. Shoot raptor targets or pop bumpers or collect rescues to add fuel. Advancing paddock completely refuels the truck.
Path options.
Taking the path you already navigated on the way to the visitor’s will be the quickest escape from the island but fewer scoring opportunities. (In Nublar Challenge this path is randomly selected for you)
Sudden death
If fuel level hits minimum then sudden death begins. All remaining rescues are lost and you have 15 seconds to leave the paddock before it becomes engulfed and that truck is lost.
Helipad hurry-up
Naviga
ting back through the main gate starts the Helipad Hurry-up. Hurry-up value based on number of rescues, dinosaurs captured and number of paddocks cleared. Shoot Helipad to escape the island.
Escape Nublar Challenge has it’s own dedicated high score board separate from the main game. Play for a top 3 score or top 3 speed run time.

Tilt ends game! `

#3772 4 years ago

Sweet!

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Copy my friend just sent me from Elwin on what he is working on. Whoa! He is the Master
Headed to Logan later tonight with the Escape Nublar Challenge beta. Tell me what you think.
To activate hold both flipper buttons during attract mode (with credits on machine or free play enabled) Select “CHALLENGE” with the flipper buttons and press start up to 4 players. The goal of Escape Nublar is to navigate back through the main gate to the helipad while rescuing any remaining staff and dinosaurs before the volcano erupts.
Rescue phase.
Rescue phase consists of collecting rescues by hitting the rescue shots. Once all rescues achieved hit the trap targets to rescue the dinosaur from that paddock. If the dinosaur was already captured earlier in the game then this phase is skipped. Turning the truck during rescue phase rotates the locations of the rescues.
Navigate phase.
Navigate phase requires you to try to find a safe exit from the paddock by shooting the red arrows. If the path is blocked by lava then you must find another path. When a safe path is found the left ramp will light up to advance to the next paddock. Truck direction dictates which paddock you will navigate to.
Truck convoy and fuel.
You convoy consists of 3 trucks. Drain the ball or run out of fuel then the truck and it’s rescues will be lost. Once all 3 trucks are lost the game is over. Shoot raptor targets or pop bumpers or collect rescues to add fuel. Advancing paddock completely refuels the truck.
Path options.
Taking the path you already navigated on the way to the visitor’s will be the quickest escape from the island but fewer scoring opportunities. (In Nublar Challenge this path is randomly selected for you)
Sudden death
If fuel level hits minimum then sudden death begins. All remaining rescues are lost and you have 15 seconds to leave the paddock before it becomes engulfed and that truck is lost.
Helipad hurry-up
Naviga
ting back through the main gate starts the Helipad Hurry-up. Hurry-up value based on number of rescues, dinosaurs captured and number of paddocks cleared. Shoot Helipad to escape the island.
Escape Nublar Challenge has it’s own dedicated high score board separate from the main game. Play for a top 3 score or top 3 speed run time.
Tilt ends game! `

#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Copy my friend just sent me from Elwin on what he is working on. Whoa! He is the Master
Rescue phase.
Navigate phase.
Truck convoy and fuel.
Path options.
Sudden death
Helipad hurry-up
Naviga
Tilt ends game! `

Holy shit!! That's amazing! Is this a first in the pinball world?! A selectable mini game at start as opposed to a normal game? Genius!!!

#3774 4 years ago

Amazing! Thanks for sharing, this is very cool

#3775 4 years ago

I just spent several hours replacing the rubbers on my JP with perfect play clear ones (orange for the flippers), swapped the power supply fan for a quiet one, and added a real knocker. I already added the Tilt Topper, pinsub output, control room mod, and shaker motor earlier.

Loving this machine!

#3776 4 years ago

Holy shit!! That's amazing! Is this a first in the pinball world?! A selectable mini game at start as opposed to a normal game? Genius!!!

Does Judge Dredd Supergame count?

#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Does Judge Dredd Supergame count?

That was my nostalgic thought of it <3

#3778 4 years ago

Monster Bash kinda similar with Lymans Lament.

#3779 4 years ago

Or bring able to play "Are you a God" in Ghostbusters is a recent example.

Sounds like a ton of fun and I hope it makes it toall games soon!

#3780 4 years ago

They did a Stern Insider only video that showed off the new wizard mode and it was pretty cool. Being able to access it as a mini game within the game is a great idea, otherwise I would never be able to see it

One thing I can’t remember from the video was if the score for that mode would be on its own high score list. I hope so.

#3781 4 years ago

but it is the same final wizard mode from a normal game? I don’t want to play that before I haven’t reached it... it’s my main goal to get to the final Wizard mode. But yeah once you got there it sounds like a fun alternative for a game!

#3782 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

but it is the same final wizard mode from a normal game? I don’t want to play that before I haven’t reached it... it’s my main goal to get to the final Wizard mode. But yeah once you got there it sounds like a fun alternative for a game!

Ill never reach it.

#3783 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ill never reach it.

Funny - I never enjoyed a game that I sucked so much at

#3784 4 years ago

Looks like a throwback to TZ 9.4h allowing you to practice LITZ. Escape Nublar mode is so cool he doesn't want it limited to only those who can finish the paddocks?

So when you escape (in the main game), is it game over like TnA, or does the whole thing start over for more scoring?

#3785 4 years ago

From what I saw on the video there will be a separate leader board for the wizard mini game mode. One for high score and one for fastest completion time. The rules were very cool for the Escape Nublar mode

#3786 4 years ago

Can anyone show me a picture of what the bend on the gate in the paddock looks like? Also when in the heck is the extra ball target?

#3787 4 years ago

6.5 of 7 degree pitch recommended? ive seen both

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can anyone show me a picture of what the bend on the gate in the paddock looks like? Also when in the heck is the extra ball target?

Extra ball is the right ramp if there is one to collect. Light is at the back on the sign

#3789 4 years ago

This makes me think JP code name was JAWS to troll everyone.... this is what my post fix came in....

1EAF1EE1-BBEF-4C25-BF0E-9812F16D4766 (resized).jpeg1EAF1EE1-BBEF-4C25-BF0E-9812F16D4766 (resized).jpeg
#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Extra ball is the right ramp if there is one to collect. Light is at the back on the sign

Thank you

#3791 4 years ago

Funny, I have never seen the extra ball light. I just thought they forgot to put in an insert.

#3792 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This makes me think JP code name was JAWS to troll everyone.... this is what my post fix came in....[quoted image]

Post fix? Is this to secure the post below the upper flipper?

#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from PinHacks:

Post fix? Is this to secure the post below the upper flipper?

Yes, stock one just backs out with play

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This makes me think JP code name was JAWS to troll everyone.... this is what my post fix came in....[quoted image]

Can you show us what's included in the kit?

#3795 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Can you show us what's included in the kit?

New post with longer threads, larger washer for top of playfield, nylock nut for below playfield. It's a very tight fit under the playfield, but it works.

Screenshot_20200202-185749_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200202-185749_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3796 4 years ago

Stern will also send early production Pro owners an updated raptor pen gate. The old one likes to break. See post #2213 and 2214.

#3797 4 years ago

I made a topper for my JP Premium. The inside lights up crimson when the shaker motor shakes like when the T-Rex is chasing you . . .

IMG_1548 (resized).jpgIMG_1548 (resized).jpgIMG_1547 (resized).jpgIMG_1547 (resized).jpg
#3798 4 years ago

Doing stuff under my playfield today and noticed the newton ball nut/bolt underneath was loose. Trying to tighten it, i realized my newton ball is not attached to anything. It just sits on an unthreaded post. Is this normal? I figured it would be screwed in or actually attachedto the post. Unless whatever glue is used to stick it to the post broke? Is this normal or is my newton ball broken? I think its broken because i can't even tighten this post. Seems i should be able to hold the ball and tighten the nut underneath.

#3799 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Doing stuff under my playfield today and noticed the newton ball nut/bolt underneath was loose. Trying to tighten it, i realized my newton ball is not attached to anything. It just sits on an unthreaded post. Is this normal? I figured it would be screwed in or actually attachedto the post. Unless whatever glue is used to stick it to the post broke? Is this normal or is my newton ball broken? I think its broken because i can't even tighten this post. Seems i should be able to hold the ball and tighten the nut underneath.

Yeah, you should be able to hold it and then tighten it from underneath..probably broken..not sure what they used to attach to the post so you might need a new part altogether... Part number 260-5016-00

I can't find the specific one in stock anywhere so you might have to give stern a call to get a replacement under warranty possibly

#3800 4 years ago

Is the new code for the Escape Wizard mode that you can start when you want (hit both flippers before you press start) also the actual wizard mode for completing the game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,200 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/76?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.