(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 427.
#3701 4 years ago

Yeah I love my Superbands, I've gone through everything with my flippers and came back to the Superbands... Titans on everything else...

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Got rid of the factory rubber... Oh man, the new Titans are so amazing... Should have changed everything when I got the machine...[quoted image]

Just curious, is there a different bounciness off the posts & slings or is it more about reducing the ball trails?

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Got rid of the factory rubber... Oh man, the new Titans are so amazing... Should have changed everything when I got the machine...[quoted image]

Any chance you can post a pic of how that color looks on the machine when you put them on. Looks like it should be a good color with it.

#3704 4 years ago
3AD9473E-D2B2-4424-A995-316D2CBCCFDD (resized).jpeg3AD9473E-D2B2-4424-A995-316D2CBCCFDD (resized).jpeg
#3705 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just curious, is there a different bounciness off the posts & slings or is it more about reducing the ball trails?

Any chance you can post a pic of how that color looks on the machine when you put them on. Looks like it should be a good color with it.

It seems there is less random weird spins and unfairness to the bounces, seems more in line with where you'd think the ball should go. bounce the same areas, just not all the weird spins. The reduction of ball trails is a bonus...

I put in Black Titans..I like the look of the black... The flippers is where I went with the orange Superbands

#3706 4 years ago

Local Jeep dealer has a JP themed Gladiator that looks straight off the pin. George Gomez was onto something...LOL

BED86B31-9F2B-4886-9C6D-3171F8041B2A (resized).jpegBED86B31-9F2B-4886-9C6D-3171F8041B2A (resized).jpeg
#3707 4 years ago

After playing my Premium a lot this evening, I think I want to try and remove the magnets on the T-Rex ramp posts.

Way too many of my perfect shots get pulled into those posts, sometimes causing me to miss out on the T-Rex multiball.

#3708 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

After playing my Premium a lot this evening, I think I want to try and remove the magnets on the T-Rex ramp posts.
Way too many of my perfect shots get pulled into those posts, sometimes causing me to miss out on the T-Rex multiball.

While you're at it, can you figure out a way to take the magnet out of the post between the right ramp and the O lane too? If hitting that post scored points I'd have billions every game.

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Local Jeep dealer has a JP themed Gladiator that looks straight off the pin. George Gomez was onto something...LOL[quoted image]

That thing is sweet!
Now if I only had an extra 60k laying around...

#3710 4 years ago

After less 90 days and 50 plays on my JP pro with a build date of Aug 22nd. I’ll reach out to Stern tomorrow but first playfield issue with them. I don’t know what to expect.

24E81E68-D3F6-4838-AFAA-1DE107123BA4 (resized).jpeg24E81E68-D3F6-4838-AFAA-1DE107123BA4 (resized).jpeg4B194312-9F0C-45D7-9248-370845BB6DD2 (resized).jpeg4B194312-9F0C-45D7-9248-370845BB6DD2 (resized).jpegA2614BF8-42FF-44A6-B0AE-15F32DB4CC5A (resized).jpegA2614BF8-42FF-44A6-B0AE-15F32DB4CC5A (resized).jpeg
#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

After less 90 days and 50 plays on my JP pro with a build date of Aug 22nd. I’ll reach out to Stern tomorrow but first playfield issue with them. I don’t know what to expect.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yup, the route one looks the same :/ there is a new post you can get for warranty with a big washer on the bottom but idk if they’ll replace the playfield. This issue is pretty stupid to have, play testing this game would of brought this issue to light pretty fast.......

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

After less 90 days and 50 plays on my JP pro with a build date of Aug 22nd. I’ll reach out to Stern tomorrow but first playfield issue with them. I don’t know what to expect.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know you mentioned your build date but does your playfield have art around all posts or the supposed fix with the larger areas without art around the posts?

#3713 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Was the post loose? Any loose posts on the playfield can/will do that, and on mine that post as well as the ramp posts need frequent checking for tightness.

#3714 4 years ago

Looks like an old original run Pro. Game was released in July, this is August build. The new ones don’t have art around that post - guessing it also has the post that doesn’t go through the pf.

Regardless, that should be a replacement Pf no questions asked.

#3715 4 years ago

Im pretty sure Stern has said that they are not sending anymore populated pf’s out for these issues. If they do, expect to wait...
i unboxed my jp pro on aug. 6th. There was a chip around a post on the pf out of the box! I contacted the distributor and Stern, and the assured me i would be receiving a fully populated pf as soon as they could... that was over 6 months ago.
I check in with Stern/distributor every month and they tell me the order is in for it and they are just waiting.

I dont mind waiting, as long as i get one eventually.

#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know you mentioned your build date but does your playfield have art around all posts or the supposed fix with the larger areas without art around the posts?

Yes, art is under all the post, there’s no blank areas

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Always get rid of that black rubber on every game!
I did titans on my JP2 and didn't like them, the slim tapered post sleeves are ok but they dont hold up, I put the regular slims on my Iron Maiden and the were beat up in under 100 games.

I couldn't stand the Titan flipper rubbers, couldn't trap up it bounces so much. Put stern black rubber back on till I figure out what is closest to it. I thought superbands bounces even more? Any difference in titan vs. perfectplay? And yes I put the slim post sleeves on and they are beat to hell.

#3718 4 years ago

Stern is shipping the new post to me for JP....

#3719 4 years ago

I’d be interested to see what people prefer titans or perfectplay.

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d be interested to see what people prefer titans or perfectplay.

just put perfectplay on mine and digging it. I like them both and usually can't tell to much of a difference.

#3721 4 years ago

Superbands are where it's at.

#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Superbands are where it's at.

I’ve found super bands don’t bounce well, perfect play is what I use. I used to use super bands and switch to perfect play.

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve found super bands don’t bounce well, perfect play is what I use. I used to use super bands and switch to perfect play.

Hmm.. Maybe they changed the formula, mine bounce great but also better control accuracy... The perfect plays while good, felt a little slippery on the extreme C and S lane shots and became way too frustrating, maybe they're okay on other games but Superbands all day for the flippers on JP

#3724 4 years ago

I recently bought a JP premium. Its on order but will be taking delivery in march! Anyone have the JP siderails on their machine? I was thinking of just buying lollipop rails and powdercoating them but wanted to see the licensed ones installed before making my decision. Also what rubbers/mods do you all reccomend? Thanks for having me!

#3725 4 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I recently bought a JP premium. Its on order but will be taking delivery in march! Anyone have the JP siderails on their machine? I was thinking of just buying lollipop rails and powdercoating them but wanted to see the licensed ones installed before making my decision. Also what rubbers/mods do you all reccomend? Thanks for having me!

The only mods I installed were the Control Room plastic (the bright light was distracting and the plastic helps diffuse it), a pinsub adapter for my external sub, and perfect play rubbers to replace the factory black ones. Even then I don't think any mods are necessary - the game feels very complete out of the box.

#3726 4 years ago

Titan rings
Superbands flipper rubber
Mezel sling and rail plastic protectors
Mezel raptor pit, tower, and electric fence
Mezel sign covers
Amber shooter rod
Amber lit LED Flipper buttons
Flipper bat toppers
Custom Apron cards
Control room plastic
Park signs
Tilt decals and sideblades
My own pteranodon flying over the helix
Trough light
Shaker motor
Quiet power fan
Invisiglass

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Titan rings
Superbands flipper rubber
Mezel sling and rail plastic protectors
Mezel raptor pit, tower, and electric fence
Mezel sign covers
Amber shooter rod
Amber lit LED Flipper buttons
Flipper bat toppers
Custom Apron cards
Control room plastic
Park signs
Tilt decals and sideblades
My own pteranodon flying over the helix
Trough light
Shaker motor
Quiet power fan
Invisiglass

He just dropped the mic! Nice work!!

#3728 4 years ago

#3729 4 years ago

#3730 4 years ago

shaker is nice addition and I also got a tilt topper coming in a couple weeks. Put perfect play rubber all around.

#3731 4 years ago

Does anyone have an issue with the ball hanging up here? The level from side to side is perfect and is pitched about 8 degrees. Does anyone have any idea for a fix?

835E771E-2C26-4C9E-89B4-F53021051EF3 (resized).jpeg835E771E-2C26-4C9E-89B4-F53021051EF3 (resized).jpeg
#3732 4 years ago

Lose the gate.

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have an issue with the ball hanging up here? The level from side to side is perfect and is pitched about 8 degrees. Does anyone have any idea for a fix?[quoted image]

Mine gets hung up there all the time. Haven't found a fix yet

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Mine gets hung up there all the time. Haven't found a fix yet

Never had this happen. Is this happening to Pros for some reason?

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lose the gate.

Just takes a little bending to keep this from happening. Removing the gate makes it not play correctly.

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just takes a little bending to keep this from happening. Removing the gate makes it not play correctly.

I have a Pro. I'll try bending the gate.
Thx

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Which direction do you bend the gate? Any pictures of your gate?

#3738 4 years ago

Bend the left side of the gate towards the raptor target. Theres a post to the left of the gate. The idea is to get rid of the nook between the gate and that post.

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Which direction do you bend the gate? Any pictures of your gate?

Sorry I am not by my game right now to snap a pic, but as Dantesmark mentioned, just bend it a little towards where the ball gets stuck. Mine will still stay there if I set the ball perfectly in the gap, but with any kind of movement it will not. A couple minutes with a needlenose pliers and you should be golden.

#3740 4 years ago

Did anyone just remove the post below the upper flipper? Thinking of removing until the warranty one arrives....but don't want to wreck the game more.

#3741 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Never had this happen. Is this happening to Pros for some reason?

That's because you have a Premium; Pros don't have the Raptor Pen post or the Newton gate. Shots on the back Raptor Pen standup target are designed to drain out of the Control Room lane so they get stopped on the Control Room lane post for the Rapture Capture event. The pictured one-way gate keeps Control Room lane shots from coming out of the Raptor Pen.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lose the gate.

Removing the gate would hinder if not completely prevent post captures for Control Room mode starts on Pro tables, the ball could drain out of the Raptor Pen instead.

#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

That's because you have a Premium; Pros don't have the Raptor Pen post or the Newton gate. Shots on the back Raptor Pen standup target are

That's because you have a Premium; Pros don't have the Raptor Pen post or the Newton gate. Shots on the back Raptor Pen standup target are designed to drain out of the Control Room lane so they get stopped on the Control Room lane post for the Rapture Capture event. The pictured one-way gate keeps Control Room lane shots from.

Gotcha! I haven’t had a chance to play the pro yet. Thanks

#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did anyone just remove the post below the upper flipper? Thinking of removing until the warranty one arrives....but don't want to wreck the game more.

I dont think that would be a good idea

#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I would agree. Beyond SDTM drain avoidance, it puts the flipper mech and bat at a higher damage risk. I would rather deal with repairing a post over a flipper.

#3745 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lose the gate.

This was a joke.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Bend the left side of the gate towards the raptor target. Theres a post to the left of the gate. The idea is to get rid of the nook between the gate and that post.

This is the real fix.

#3746 4 years ago

Anyone have a pic with all green rubber installed?

#3747 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Quoted from Flipstream:

I would agree. Beyond SDTM drain avoidance, it puts the flipper mech and bat at a higher damage risk. I would rather deal with repairing a post over a flipper.

poor customers...I dont think the post lasts 5 games before it unscrews itself. I'll have to shut it down :/ warranty parts are like what 5 business days?

#3748 4 years ago

My first "Mezel Mod" purchase...really pleased with the results! The Raptor Tower and 3 ramp signs really make the game "pop".

IMG_1042 (resized).jpegIMG_1042 (resized).jpeg
#3749 4 years ago

I thought I read back a while ago someone was working on a Nedry computer display screen mod that could go right above the escape standup target and near the control room light platform. I was wondering if anyone could design a 3d printed vintage IBM computer that would fit the Sparky Pinball video displays. Any news or ideas?

#3750 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I thought I read back a while ago someone was working on a Nedry computer display screen mod that could go right above the escape standup target and near the control room light platform. I was wondering if anyone could design a 3d printed vintage IBM computer that would fit the Sparky Pinball video displays. Any news or ideas?

I think he sells one on his web site. Its for the old jp. But it's the same concept.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

13,200 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/75?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.