(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 426.
#3651 4 years ago

I'm curious if @delts31 is planning to continue his solid work on a remixed audio package with the iconic callouts from the movie or if someone else is working on that as well. I see the work that folks are doing on other titles and definitely feel like this game needs a killer audio mix with all of the callouts we know and love. Cleland does killer work as well as I'm sure others in the pinside community have done for other games. What's the good word on this front? Who is up for the challenge?

#3652 4 years ago

Has anyone tried putting the premium spinner into their pro yet? Looks like it could work...

1EFF6ED5-1C5E-41FB-AED0-542708AAAFC1 (resized).png1EFF6ED5-1C5E-41FB-AED0-542708AAAFC1 (resized).png85AA08C9-CDDE-4EBD-B15D-76A7AB155887 (resized).png85AA08C9-CDDE-4EBD-B15D-76A7AB155887 (resized).pngE9336513-BAF0-4B11-A03E-5A3020A5FCD6 (resized).jpegE9336513-BAF0-4B11-A03E-5A3020A5FCD6 (resized).jpeg
#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm curious if @delts31 is planning to continue his solid work on a remixed audio package with the iconic callouts from the movie or if someone else is working on that as well. I see the work that folks are doing on other titles and definitely feel like this game needs a killer audio mix with all of the callouts we know and love. Cleland does killer work as well as I'm sure others in the pinside community have done for other games. What's the good word on this front? Who is up for the challenge?

The latest Stern code releases aren't working in PBB at the moment, oga83 has found the fix but is waiting to finish spike 2 video replacement (!) before rolling out the update.

#3654 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Rather than start another this or that thread, I thought I would just ask the owners clubs for both games.
With my budget and space I can get one of the two sterns I'd like right now.
What I'm interested in is owners opinions on long term ownership. I prefer to have a gave for a several years rather than being bored of it within a year. I admittedly tend to enjoy more games that have more than two flippers. I'd like to grab one of the following soon.
Jurassic Park pro- i havent had many plays but immediately fell in love with it.
Deadpool pro- I hated it at first but over the last year came to love it but i dont get many opportunities to play.
*I do own iron maiden already (and shadow)
Thanks for your input

I would get JJP premium - the T-rex alone is worth it!
Deadpool does nothing for me, i keep playing it and giving it a chance but walk away .. eh......

#3655 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The latest Stern code releases aren't working in PBB at the moment, oga83 has found the fix but is waiting to finish spike 2 video replacement (!) before rolling out the update.

Appreciate the update. Does your response mean that once the fix has been applied to PBB, then folks are planning to develop a killer audio mix for the community? If so, then that would be much appreciated!!

#3656 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would get JJP premium - the T-rex alone is worth it!
Deadpool does nothing for me, i keep playing it and giving it a chance but walk away .. eh......

Thanks but premiums are out of my price range and the trex actually does nothing for me. Id be missing the raptor pen more than the trex. In an ideal world I would have all LE's (and 20 pins lol)
Just looking for pro to pro opinions on the two. Cheers.

#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks but premiums are out of my price range and the trex actually does nothing for me. Id be missing the raptor pen more than the trex. In an ideal world I would have all LE's (and 20 pins lol)
Just looking for pro to pro opinions on the two. Cheers.

I would strongly recommend the JP Pro over a Deadpool Pro. Both solid titles, but I feel like JP is much better. Themes aside, JP has a lot of interesting shots, great and well balanced code, and some killer combo flow. It's really challenging as well which is great for a home environment...it'll make anyone a better player. Keith can design the hell out of a pinball machine. While I own a Premium, I have played the pro a bunch on location (my local league) and a few home use ones too...you just can't go wrong especially if you dig the theme.

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Rather than start another this or that thread, I thought I would just ask the owners clubs for both games.
What I'm interested in is owners opinions on long term ownership. I prefer to have a gave for a several years rather than being bored of it within a year. I admittedly tend to enjoy more games that have more than two flippers. I'd like to grab one of the following soon.
Jurassic Park pro- i havent had many plays but immediately fell in love with it.
Deadpool pro- I hated it at first but over the last year came to love it but i dont get many opportunities to play.
Thanks for your input

I'd go JP2 Pro over DP Pro. You are sacrificing far less in gameplay with JP2, primarily the Raptor pit. Deadpool Premium is a must buy over the Pro. That smooth left orbit shot that loops back to the right flipper is sweet! Plus you get two extra drop target banks and a smoother playing game over the Pro. Most of the trouble areas on JP2 come on the Premium/LE and it can take a bit of work to get the Trex and raising gate adjusted right. I'd also worry about long term reliability due to the complexity of the Trex mech. Pro is just a solid shooter that doesn't really sacrifice much in gameplay.

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Appreciate the update. Does your response mean that once the fix has been applied to PBB, then folks are planning to develop a killer audio mix for the community? If so, then that would be much appreciated!!

I was just tweaking what Delt31 had put out, there was a lot of clipping samples and generally fuzzy sounds that I cleaned up for my own use. I don't want to step on their toes with this project so I'll probably collaborate at some point. I do have a good BM66 mod and a bizarre Die Antwoord package for Metallica if anyone is interested.

#3660 4 years ago

Any1 elses ball fall off? The one under the jeep.

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any1 elses ball fall off? The one under the jeep.

A few people have posted/mentioned this previously

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/69#post-5389591

#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I videoed my ball launch in slow motion with my phone... When it rejected at the half pipe it was always due to rolling left down the shooter lane. Oldpinguy pointed out his fork in the left was slightly lower due to the cutting process on the playfield. Mine shared this... To fix: unscrew both fork screws in the shooter lane ramp. The ramp will lift on it's own. I used a business card folded a couple times and trimmed to hide out of site just under the fork. Then re screw just until hand snug.. You don't want to dig into the playfield with the screws just enough to hold the ramp. The left side will be slightly higher than the right. Invisible really to the glance but close inspection would reveal the very slight difference. Anyways... After the fix... Literally 99.9 % of my shots complete.. The slow motion travel is always straight. You may have to experiment with the level of height you need... Which is why the card idea works better than the washers... As you can fine tune the adjustment without going overboard and it is completely hidden

Thanks Flipstream and @fooflighter. I ended up going with the folded business card tip since that's what I had handy. Folded it once over and trimmed it as you suggested. I would say I'm at a solid 90% success rate. Help like this on pinside is absolutely key to keeping these things playable. THANKS! One really annoying issue down and one (that is being tracked in the other JP thread) to go.

#3663 4 years ago

I just finished installing the raptor pit mod and the fossil signs from Mezel Mods and figured I would share my install video in case anyone was considering adding these to their Jurassic park.

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks for your input

I purchased a NIB DP pro back in Sept of 2019. I really liked the new code and it was a fun, walk up and play game. When I picked up DP from the distributor, they had just received their first JP and it was sitting in the lobby so I played a few games and was instantly impressed. I would say JP is more of an adventure and DP is more of a walk up and play type of game. Both are great games and a breath of fresh air for pinball. You can’t go wrong with either. I ultimately ended up selling my DP in Dec and bought JP once Stern fixed a lot of the initial issues with JP playfields (mine was built on Dec 18th). I don’t regret selling DP for JP one bit. JP is an awesome game. I miss DP sometimes but wouldn’t trade JP for a DP any time soon. The kids also agree.
59F82A66-2977-4EFB-8B8B-D979F856CF25 (resized).jpeg59F82A66-2977-4EFB-8B8B-D979F856CF25 (resized).jpeg

#3665 4 years ago

HurryupPinball great videos! You should make one with the shooter lane fix.

#3666 4 years ago

Here we go.

1D8F5719-7F1E-4DD7-9182-C57CFC8F7D39 (resized).jpeg1D8F5719-7F1E-4DD7-9182-C57CFC8F7D39 (resized).jpeg
#3667 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Here we go.[quoted image]

Looking forward to seeing this

#3668 4 years ago

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I’ll buy a set if you’re interested in making a few bucks

#3670 4 years ago

Lets see how they turn out... but def an possibility.

#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lets see how they turn out... but def an possibility.

Great! Keep us posted. We were your way a few weeks back. Took a trip to Recbar.

#3672 4 years ago

Great location!

#3673 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

HurryupPinball great videos! You should make one with the shooter lane fix.

Funny you should say that. I just ordered some orange springs this morning and that is my next planned video. I am having the same shooter lane issue and will document the fix and put together another short tutorial for everyone.

28960143-2655-45DC-92FA-ADCA41A40105 (resized).jpeg28960143-2655-45DC-92FA-ADCA41A40105 (resized).jpeg
#3674 4 years ago

What lights the smart missile in the left inlane?

#3675 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

What lights the smart missile in the left inlane?

From the Tiltforums Wiki

Screenshot_20200121-225226_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200121-225226_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3676 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

From the Tiltforums Wiki[quoted image]

Thank you, I was searching that for “smart missile” and missed that. Makes more sense now the that truck changes which inlane.

#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Funny you should say that. I just ordered some orange springs this morning and that is my next planned video. I am having the same shooter lane issue and will document the fix and put together another short tutorial for everyone.[quoted image]

Nice! Well done.

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Interesting. Where did you buy the flies?

#3680 4 years ago

So what's the plan here? Lay the flies in the bumper cap? Position them how you like it, and fill the cap with some sort of epoxy?

#3682 4 years ago

Got to fill the screw holes with hot glue first, so you dont fill them with resin as well.

#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Got to fill the screw holes with hot glue first, so you dont fill them with resin as well.

I see. Very cool! Post some pics when they're done

#3684 4 years ago

Did you buy extra caps or are these from the game... You've got be thinking I want to try this but don't want to screw up my game caps

#3685 4 years ago

I bought 3 orange pops from marco... only need 2 bugs since the 3rd pop is under the ramp.
The guy i bought flies from has only 8 left at the moment.

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I bought 3 orange pops from marco... only need 2 bugs since the 3rd pop is under the ramp.
The guy i bought the flies from has only 8 left at the moment.

#3687 4 years ago

Thank you much!

#3688 4 years ago

I have posted a how-to for the fossilized caps in case anybody else wants to attempt.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-fossilized-amber-pop-bumpers#post-5427233

FOSSIL POPS (resized).pngFOSSIL POPS (resized).png
#3689 4 years ago

that crane fly mod is too cool to be true

#3690 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Went back to the game and sure enough the post was loose again, put loctite on and screwed it back in. But damage has been done :/[quoted image]

Post keeps coming loose even with blue loctite :/

Also the coil stop rivet was broke and that is why my right flipper sucks.

#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Post keeps coming loose even with blue loctite :/
Also the coil stop rivet was broke and that is why my right flipper sucks.

Snagged a coil stop from my sega and it fixed it.

Anyone have an issue with the ball plunging (manual) up the 180? Is this the same issue as the shim for the shooter lane? Auto plunge works fine but manual the ball bangs around and has a hard time going up the ramp

#3692 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Snagged a coil stop from my sega and it fixed it.
Anyone have an issue with the ball plunging (manual) up the 180? Is this the same issue as the shim for the shooter lane? Auto plunge works fine but manual the ball bangs around and has a hard time going up the ramp

Yes, the shim fixes the banging... I've had no issues with my orange spring Amber rod shooter since I shimmed the left fork of the shooter lane ramp

#3693 4 years ago

My own unique JP topper!!

E41F3B18-E6C6-4087-9032-EAE61BBE2953 (resized).jpegE41F3B18-E6C6-4087-9032-EAE61BBE2953 (resized).jpeg
#3694 4 years ago

Everyone just replacing the rings and post sleeves on my JP and noticed something about the sleeves... The factory ones from Stern are a tapered version... I ordered the slim tapered Titans... Just an FYI to throw out there in case some of you replacing sleeves.. I'm sure Keith Elwin had his reasons but I've noticed some people modding their post sleeves with straight versions which may be producing a little bit more bounce and different gameplay than intended

#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I used poor choice of words - this is what it does - A full pull on the plunger and the auto-launch should get the ball up the halfpipe and back down on the helicopter rails to the right flipper. Intentional short plunges should come out of the helipad lane to the flippers. For some reason I thought It would go around orbit on plunge initially. Red is auto plunge or full plunge and blue is short plunge[quoted image]

Dude where did you get that tridactyl dinosaur, I have to get one for mine! It's awesome!

#3696 4 years ago

Got rid of the factory rubber... Oh man, the new Titans are so amazing... Should have changed everything when I got the machine...

20200124_223954 (resized).jpg20200124_223954 (resized).jpg
#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Got rid of the factory rubber... Oh man, the new Titans are so amazing... Should have changed everything when I got the machine...[quoted image]

Told ya! You'll notice less crud on the balls, ramps, and guides. GoTG was my first newer stern with the black rubbers. Took me about 5 games to realize the black stern rubbers were leaving black residue all over the balls. Enjoy those Titans!

#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Told ya! You'll notice less crud on the balls, ramps, and guides. GoTG was my first newer stern with the black rubbers. Took me about 5 games to realize the black stern rubbers were leaving black residue all over the balls. Enjoy those Titans!

Thank you much! I even moved the outlanes back to the middle position, and get way, way less drains to the sides.

The ball action just feels better and less weird spins and cheap drains

I gave it a good cleaning and waxing as well... Played about 10 games and no crud either.

#3699 4 years ago

Always get rid of that black rubber on every game!
I did titans on my JP2 and didn't like them, the slim tapered post sleeves are ok but they dont hold up, I put the regular slims on my Iron Maiden and the were beat up in under 100 games.
Put the the tapered ones on JP and I've had to turn all of them to a fresh side because even after cleaning them they are chewed up, it'll be cliffy for me next.
As far as the rest of the rubbers go, too bouncy for me on this game especially the flipper rubbers, the ball would bounce all over the place and I wouldn't even get a swing at it for long periods of time.
Swapped the flippers for perfect plays and it was much better, put superbands on tonight and now it's amazing. I can only describe it as "predictable"
I've had titans on my Dialed in, IM and GOTG and never really had an issue with them (superbands for flippers on GOTG but everything else titan) but for whatever reason I hated them immediately on JP, felt like I had zero control.
Got some perfect play rubbers to put on and see if there is a difference besides the flipper rubber but the flipper rubber alone made a HUGE difference.
If it wasn't for all the crud from the factory rubbers I would leave them on as they play great IMO but I keep my games clean and that's just too much maintenance with those.

#3700 4 years ago

I should also add that the rest of Titans rubbers do seem to last longer than any any others, just the post sleeves that wear out quick but their slings and other rubbers are solid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/74?hl=aetos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.