(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 424.
#3551 4 years ago

I had the same issue with issues on both the manual and auto plunger working properly.
A few months ago, I placed 2 thin washers under the left side of the fork.
I also centered the plunger rod.
After which, my manual plunges (with green spring) are now 100% and my auto plunges are at about 95% success rate.
I think adjusting the auto plunger power is a bit of trial and error; mine is currently at 190 and that seems to work best on my example.

#3552 4 years ago

Installed speaker lights, acrylics and illuminated flipper buttons today!

C7C95AE8-7064-4923-BDBB-892E6F9CE719 (resized).jpegC7C95AE8-7064-4923-BDBB-892E6F9CE719 (resized).jpegD23FC16E-15F1-434B-B9BA-5DD4B9A18891 (resized).jpegD23FC16E-15F1-434B-B9BA-5DD4B9A18891 (resized).jpeg
#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I had the same issue with issues on both the manual and auto plunger working properly.
A few months ago, I placed 2 thin washers under the left side of the fork.
I also centered the plunger rod.
After which, my manual plunges (with green spring) are now 100% and my auto plunges are at about 95% success rate.
I think adjusting the auto plunger power is a bit of trial and error; mine is currently at 190 and that seems to work best on my example.

Can u shoot a pic of where u put the washer?
Thx!

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Can u shoot a pic of where u put the washer?
Thx!

Right here:

IMG_20200112_090606 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_090606 (resized).jpg
#3555 4 years ago

Gotcha! Thx!!!

#3556 4 years ago

Just joined the club on New Year’s Eve. I have been doing a bunch of video installation tutorials on my JP and posting them to my YouTube channel. Hope this helps anyone thinking about upgrading their pin. Such a great game with lots of mods available. More videos to come.

Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzdHAPosu-ImTOht-WjUTAg

#3557 4 years ago

I’m having the same issue with the auto plunger and will try the washer trick to see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

#3558 4 years ago

@Dantesmark: I’ve attached a pic below. It’s difficult to tell as I’ve used 2 very small washers under the left fork which are hidden by the fork.
It raises up the left side just enough without causing a lip to mostly remedy the issue (without damaging the balls).

B320BA34-1E3B-4F01-987F-8792D8CB4673 (resized).jpegB320BA34-1E3B-4F01-987F-8792D8CB4673 (resized).jpeg
#3559 4 years ago

Has anyone bought a pro lately that has the removed art around the posts fix for the pooling issue? I know the initial run did not have the fix and unsure if they made any after the fix.

#3560 4 years ago

How much where LEs stateside on release?

#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone bought a pro lately that has the removed art around the posts fix for the pooling issue? I know the initial run did not have the fix and unsure if they made any after the fix.

Mine was built Dec 18th, 2019 and is part of the new batch with the art removed around the posts. No pooling visible.

A6D856C3-12A1-4B8E-8540-B0901BE90FBF (resized).jpegA6D856C3-12A1-4B8E-8540-B0901BE90FBF (resized).jpeg
#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Mine was built Nov 22, 2019 with the art removed around the posts and no pooling.

#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Mine was built Dec 18th, 2019 and is part of the new batch with the art removed around the posts. No pooling visible.[quoted image]

Quoted from tppin:

Mine was built Nov 22, 2019 with the art removed around the posts and no pooling.

Great news, thanks!!!

#3564 4 years ago

Is this post supposed to have a rubber on it?

2020-01-12 17.38.18.jpg2020-01-12 17.38.18.jpg
#3565 4 years ago

I think I found my new backglass

IMG_20200112_125737 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_125737 (resized).jpg
#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Is this post supposed to have a rubber on it?[quoted image]

Mine does NOT have a rubber there either. First batch Pro model.

#3567 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I think I found my new backglass[quoted image]

Only available on the CE....Chinese Edition.

#3568 4 years ago

Having issue with manual plunge being too weak to make the horseshoe.

I installed a Cliffy protector on my shooter lane, so not sure if that changed anything, or of it's weakened from usage.

Anyone else have this?

#3569 4 years ago

You could try a stronger spring.
My example came with a green one which worked fine (once I installed a couple of washers under the left fork).
I believe others have had more success with changing to an orange spring.
Player 1 should likely have these in stock if you don’t have any on hand.

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having issue with manual plunge being too weak to make the horseshoe.
I installed a Cliffy protector on my shooter lane, so not sure if that changed anything, or of it's weakened from usage.
Anyone else have this?

Quoted from JMK:

My example came with a green one which worked fine (once I installed a couple of washers under the left fork).

What JMK said. If you look at your manual, it actually lists orange spring as the correct tension. Many machines shipped with weaker green springs

#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Is this post supposed to have a rubber on it?[quoted image]

Mine doesn’t. Premium model built 12/30/2019.

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Yup, mine is green.

I'll give orange a shot.

Thanks!

#3573 4 years ago

I want to be part of this club hopefully one pops up in my area for sale.

#3574 4 years ago

Picked up a pro today and was curious if anyone added just a couple of lights to brighten up the middle of the playfield. Don't want to risk frying a node board doing it the wrong way.

#3575 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

On my game, the wood was cut deeper on the left side, so the metal ramp by the screw was lower, and easy to feel this.
I shimmed with folded business card cutting, a couple folds, and only tightened to level.
Lowered coil strength, centered rod, and changed spring. Works the loop now 90%+

Wow, just noticed this on mine..I kind of accepted the fact that 15 % would miss.. Sure enough, looks like the left side was routed just a hair below the right... Did your cut business card trick and whalla... Every single shot manual or automatic is 100% butter smooth and makes the half pipe every time now. Even at lower plunge pulls... Thank you

#3576 4 years ago

I just accidentally discovered a nice cheat "O" lane jackpot during T-Rex multiball... unless Keith Elwin is reading this and thinks it's something that needs to be coded out of the game. Then it definitely never happened... I aimed for the "O" lane and missed up the right ramp instead. Just after that shot I sent another ball coming to the right flipper through the spinner. The right ramp shot exited past the right orbit entrance opto and just after that the ball through the spinner lane crossed the 2nd opto for the right orbit, so it gave me a jackpot. Might have to try that more often on days I'm not finding the O lane very well (which is most days).

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a pro today and was curious if anyone added just a couple of lights to brighten up the middle of the playfield. Don't want to risk frying a node board doing it the wrong way.

I have, Ive tapped into GI, but Ive had mixed results of "brightness" likely amperage? produced by different node boards. Ill be trying some 12V micro spots off the service plug next, but at first they wont match GI Effects and be always on.

Short of an error message, is there anyone that has an info on the limits of extra amps available from nodes?

#3578 4 years ago

Mike Vinikour restating what he told me about playfield angles at Houston Arcade Expo, specifically JP, starting at the 00:27 minute mark. 7.0 is the Magic Number... He also talks about IM, Deadpool, and Stranger Things' best angles

From the Flip n Out stream

http://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball/v/535665069?sr=a&t=1620s

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have, Ive tapped into GI, but Ive had mixed results of "brightness" likely amperage? produced by different node boards. Ill be trying some 12V micro spots off the service plug next, but at first they wont match GI Effects and be always on.
Short of an error message, is there anyone that has an info on the limits of extra amps available from nodes?

Comet pinball sells brightness adjusters.

#3580 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes I tap into the GI slings 2 spot lights from pinballife in the center playfield which helps. It also interacts while on attract mode

20191228_171736 (resized).jpg20191228_171736 (resized).jpg
#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Comet pinball sells brightness adjusters.

Thanks, I created them.

#3582 4 years ago

Thank god for Keith Elwin!!! This game is something special and glad I have the pleasure of owning one.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I made some "poor man's pinstadiums".
Simple 5V LED white strips clipped into a GI bulb in the back. For about $15 it works pretty good.

#3584 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I made some "poor man's pinstadiums".
Simple 5V LED white strips clipped into a GI bulb in the back. For about $15 it works pretty good.

Good suggestion!!! I see it's safe to tap into the GI for a few extra spotlights from all the comments, thanks everyone!!!

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Thank god for Keith Elwin!!! This game is something special and glad I have the pleasure of owning one.

I would like to buy one but what is so special about it compared to other stern machines?
Rules are deep and its difficult the two times i played , what is the kick? Thanks

#3586 4 years ago

The best shots. The best flow. The best rules.

Quoted from dutchi:

what is so special about it compared to other stern machines

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

I would like to buy one but what is so special about it compared to other stern machines?
Rules are deep and its difficult the two times i played , what is the kick? Thanks

All Sterns are not made alike....

#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

...And the T-Rex is something special. The lighting on the Trex combined with the intense sound effect & shaker just adds so much to the animatronics that until you have your hands on the machine with the Trex roaring at you & chewing your ball before tossing it like a piece of meat, you just can’t explain the feeling other than “Awesome”!

#3589 4 years ago
#3590 4 years ago

So I experimented with many different flipper strength settings. I now have both the lower flippers at 225 and the upper flipper at 220. Wow! What a difference in the ability to hit the shots! Give it a try.

#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That sums it up perfectly.

Trex is the best "toy" of all time as well.

This one is gonna be hard to beat Elwin.

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So I experimented with many different flipper strength settings. I now have both the lower flippers at 225 and the upper flipper at 220. Wow! What a difference in the ability to hit the shots! Give it a try.

My flippers are at stock strength. I occasionally see these recommendations for lowering flipper strength. Does it really make a huge difference? I'm asking sincerely. Perhaps my lazy ass should go change the settings and give it a try huh?

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My flippers are at stock strength. I occasionally see these recommendations for lowering flipper strength. Does it really make a huge difference? I'm asking sincerely. Perhaps my lazy ass should go change the settings and give it a try huh?

I lowered mine just this week. It has improved on targeted shots. I’m still playing with the level but I can see a improvement in accuracy already

#3594 4 years ago

Made these over the weekend...fossilized crane flies in "amber" epoxy. They look amazing lit up, camera does not do it justice.

20200114_181111 (resized).jpg20200114_181111 (resized).jpg20200114_182810 (resized).jpg20200114_182810 (resized).jpg20200114_182808 (resized).jpg20200114_182808 (resized).jpg
#3595 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Made these over the weekend...fossilized crane flies in "amber" epoxy. They look amazing lit up, camera does not do it justice.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Job!

#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I lowered mine just this week. It has improved on targeted shots. I’m still playing with the level but I can see a improvement in accuracy already

I'll definitely give it try then. I believe EaglePin has posted about this as well. I think?

Quoted from Aquapin:

Made these over the weekend...fossilized crane flies in "amber" epoxy. They look amazing lit up, camera does not do it justice.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look amazing!

#3597 4 years ago

I'll definitely give it try then. I believe EaglePin has posted about this as well. I think?

Yep, I like tinkering with it. I think it’s worth fiddling with it at least a bit & I think there’s still a ton of speed and flow when dialing it back a bit. Worst that happens is you try some lower settings and don’t like it and go back to your current settings.

Very different experience from my JJPOTC. On that one I found power settings I stayed at very early on. With JP2 it seems like there are more pros & cons for both higher and lower settings and I’m still messing with it a bit 3 months & 1200 plays into it. I think I’m getting pretty close to leaving them alone for awhile now though. I love this game.

#3598 4 years ago

Where you guys getting those palm trees at? They look nice in JP

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Where you guys getting those palm trees at? They look nice in JP

If you can make your own bases, go with something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hestya-Coconut-Scenery-Architecture-Landscape/dp/B07DVBX8VQ/

#3600 4 years ago

Ok, here's what I found out on my truck.... First few hundred games or so, the truck worked like a champ. Then slowly it became a bit more difficult to get it to spin. What I discovered was the ball attatched to the truck wasnt always making good contact with the stationary ball. Therefore, no kinetic energy was being transferred to spin the truck, even with a solid hit. Very frustrating. Here's my fix. Remove the truck, easy to do with a set screw from below the playfield. You'll find a couple of metal washers on the shaft that sandwich a nylon washer with tiny ball bearings in it. I used the smallest amount of a good silicone lubricant on those bearings, and on the metal shaft. I actually sprayed the lubricant on a q-tip, then applied to the parts. Reassemble the mechanism, leaving a tiny bit of wiggle in the shaft. The jeep spins like greased lighting now. Zero issues. DONT use wd40, or oil. Use a 100% silicone lubricant. Available at most auto parts stores.

Had the same issue w/ the gradual sluggishness w/ the truck. When the machine was new the truck was fluent w/ movement, but there was a gradual decline within the past month. I also disassembled the truck w/ the set screw & while I was underneath the playfield I cleaned the inside bushing w/ isopropyl alcohol. There was a buildup of grime within the bushing as now it's squeaky clean. This & adding silicone oil to the bearings has rendered the truck swing sensitively responsive w/ perfect play.

My only concern is while underneath the playfield, there were several post that were loose & also the pinball attachment connected to the truck has some wiggle, left to right, etc. I believe this attachment should be secure & flush without movement?

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/72?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.