(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,268 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 426.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I did read about that, and I'm going to put that to the test. I'll be putting them in a RBION, and a GoTG along with my JP when it arrives. Apparently there is some debate as to which games actually cause the magnetism and how quickly it happens if at all. No better way to find out than throw some balls in there and get flipping I suppose.

It seems pretty random, can happen very quickly or sometimes takes a while. It does say right on the website when you order them though, do not use them in games with magnets.

#252 4 years ago

Spill it! Let's hear the details man!!

I haven’t progressed really far yet but the shots are amazing. It tools 3-4 games to get the shots and then I was able to get stuff going. The combos feel so satisfying.

Chaos is super fun and really does get crazy when 6 balls get going. On my machine it was pretty easy to hit the raptor pit, let it dead bounce from the left flipper to the right, and the repeat to start the triball. The only time the return was funky was after the up post caught it and then the return hit the sling.

I love the variety of things you can do. Control room modes, multiballs, T. rex events, and then the paddock modes.

The only thing I’m not super wild about is the signs on the ramps aren’t very obvious. Super minor just my only con so far

#253 4 years ago

I am a huge fan of Iron Maiden, and fell in love with JP at Replay FX. I traded my modded out TRON for a JP Pro today. I plan to do a unboxing video on YouTube, and stream often on Twitch. I'm really excited for this game, and I think will be a homerun for Stern. Great job Keith and crew!

image0 (resized).jpgimage0 (resized).jpg
#254 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Any make it up to Canada yet?

Toronto distributor is supposed to get them in in the next 24hrs

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I am a huge fan of Iron Maiden, and fell in love with JP at Replay FX. I traded my modded out TRON for a JP Pro today. I plan to do a unboxing video on YouTube, and stream often on Twitch. I'm really excited for this game, and I think will be a homerun for Stern. Great job Keith and crew![quoted image]

Looking forward to your streams Owl!

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Toronto distributor is supposed to get them in in the next 24hrs

Nice, unboxings coming soon!

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Any make it up to Canada yet?

Yep I have one they were in last week, early last week.

#258 4 years ago

My Pro being delivered on Friday morning. For the first time I've taken a day off for a new pin arrival. Debating to have them bring the Stern glass upgrade with them.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My Pro being delivered on Friday morning. For the first time I've taken a day off for a new pin arrival. Debating to have them bring the Stern glass upgrade with them.

Did you tell them to go ahead and bring the shaker motor is the real question Congrats!!

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Nice, unboxings coming soon!

Lucky's lounge this friday 8:00 PM for the JP pro reveal.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Get the glass!! Like 4k for pinball

#262 4 years ago

Man this game plays great! I had an unboxing party, and we jammed on the game for three hours and had a blast. I filmed the initial unboxing, and am currently uploading it to YouTube. The only issue I had, which you will see in the video, is that the bracket on the coin door that hits the interlock switch needed to be bent in a bit to close the switch. After tonight's session I went around and tightened a few nuts and bolts. Thanks again Randy from GotPinball in FL for the excellent service.

ECYaP7zW4AAtQei (resized).jpgECYaP7zW4AAtQei (resized).jpg
#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Man this game plays great! I had an unboxing party, and we jammed on the game for three hours and had a blast. I filmed the initial unboxing, and am currently uploading it to YouTube. The only issue I had, which you will see in the video, is that the bracket on the coin door that hits the interlock switch needed to be bent in a bit to close the switch. After tonight's session I went around and tightened a few nuts and bolts. Thanks again Randy from GotPinball in FL for the excellent service.[quoted image]

Congrats man, glad you are having a blast! Can’t wait to get mine.

How difficult are the O and S shots? O shot looks a little challenging.

#264 4 years ago

Dropped a deposit on a Premium with Hemispheres Amusements! Can't wait, should be coming late September/Early October

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Congrats man, glad you are having a blast! Can’t wait to get mine.
How difficult are the O and S shots? O shot looks a little challenging.

The O is tight, but you find it. S is very manageable.

#268 4 years ago

Can't wait to play this LE version. I had sworn against LE, but a compromise had to be reached here. This is going to be fantastic.

#269 4 years ago

Did you tell them to go ahead and bring the shaker motor is the real question Congrats!!

I had the shaker motor on TWD but didn't care for it all that much. May have not had it dialed in correctly though as it was quite loud and rattled a lot.

#271 4 years ago

I have ordered a premium today

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I had the shaker motor on TWD but didn't care for it all that much. May have not had it dialed in correctly though as it was quite loud and rattled a lot.

If it rattled, it wasnt attached securely, but I do get it. They arent for everyone or every game. However, this is Jurassic park. Perfect theme for a subwoofer and shaker if there ever was one

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Lucky's lounge this friday 8:00 PM for the JP pro reveal.

Making the drive down?

#274 4 years ago

Very tempted to pick up a JP2.

Shame the main toy dinosaur just doesn't look that great.

Just a little more detail like this toy would have been a lot better.

Still, Keith is doing the rules and that alone is worth picking one up.

t (resized).jpgt (resized).jpg
#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I always tighten the long screw across the top. Three quarter turns seems to do the trick. I do this right out of the box, before installing. They always seems to bee a little too loose.

#276 4 years ago

dup post^^

#277 4 years ago
0D0742C1-7790-4028-A74F-811EB593D090 (resized).jpeg0D0742C1-7790-4028-A74F-811EB593D090 (resized).jpeg
#278 4 years ago

Here is my unboxing video. We will be streaming the game this WED at 7PM EDT. I tend to stream more often than my weekly schedule when getting a new game, so follow along at https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous. I apologize if I am posting a bit to much. I am just very excited about this game.

Unboxing video:

*Note: The fix for the game at the end of the video was just bending in the coin interlock switch bracket on the coin door. The game is 100% now out of the box.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

[quoted image]

Did you catch a T-Rex that you caged?

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Did you catch a T-Rex that you caged?

You talking about Terry? He's my friend. He came over to help. He couldn't reach the flippers though...

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

You talking about Terry? He's my friend. He came over to help. He couldn't reach the flippers though...

Nice catch in any case!

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

[quoted image]

Open scene of Jurassic Park?
"Shoot her! Shooooooooot herrrrrrr!!"

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I am a huge fan of Iron Maiden, and fell in love with JP at Replay FX. I traded my modded out TRON for a JP Pro today. I plan to do a unboxing video on YouTube, and stream often on Twitch. I'm really excited for this game, and I think will be a homerun for Stern. Great job Keith and crew![quoted image]

What is that plastic pice on the back of the head on the game?

#285 4 years ago

Now at Keg N Coin in Jacksonville FL!

20190820_162018 (resized).jpg20190820_162018 (resized).jpg20190820_172048 (resized).jpg20190820_172048 (resized).jpg20190820_172119 (resized).jpg20190820_172119 (resized).jpg
#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What is that plastic pice on the back of the head on the game?

A shroud for the wall plug.

#287 4 years ago

It looks like the artwork on both sides of JP2 pro cabinet (not the head) is the same?
If so that's a bit of a bummer.
Can new owners confirm?

#288 4 years ago

***Tech question***
I plugged in a brand new bill acceptor into connector near cashbox but it didn't power on... customers were ready to play so I just put game in its place for now and covered bill slot...

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

***Tech question***
I plugged in a brand new bill acceptor into connector near cashbox but it didn't power on... customers were ready to play so I just put game in its place for now and covered bill slot...

I could be mistaken, because I don't have games on route, but I believe there's a setting in the menu you need to turn on to let the game know you have installed a bill acceptor. Maybe....

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

***Tech question***

Did you run the power cable (that should have been coiled up in the coinbox) from behind the AC cover in the back box up to the connection near the cabinet node board area on the left side near the coin door?

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Did you run the power cable (that should have been coiled up in the coinbox) from behind the AC cover in the back box up to the connection near the cabinet node board area on the left side near the coin door?

It wasn't there...

#292 4 years ago

I could be mistaken, because I don't have games on route, but I believe there's a setting in the menu you need to turn on to let the game know you have installed a bill acceptor. Maybe....

Naw it should power on still, but yeah seems like i'm missing a cable to plug into the backbox, ugh...

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Making the drive down?

Not for this one

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Here is my unboxing video. We will be streaming the game this WED at 7PM EDT. I tend to stream more often than my weekly schedule when getting a new game, so follow along at https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous. I apologize if I am posting a bit to much. I am just very excited about this game.
Unboxing video:
*Note: The fix for the game at the end of the video was just bending in the coin interlock switch bracket on the coin door. The game is 100% now out of the box.

What happened with the 48v?

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

It looks like the artwork on both sides of JP2 pro cabinet (not the head) is the same?
If so that's a bit of a bummer.
Can new owners confirm?

Yes it's the same.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It wasn't there...

Stern no longer ships the cable in the game to carry 120V to the door from the backbox. Your distributor should have some on hand or call Stern and ask them to provide it for you.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

What happened with the 48v?

Interlock bracket on the coin door was not engaging the interlock switch. It just needed to be bent in a bit.

#298 4 years ago

So my one way gate in the raptor pit broke after about 4 games last night...anyone else had this issue?

I've emailed Stern already and I'm sure they will take care of it, just curious if it is a common thing or if this was a bit of a freak incident.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#299 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So my one way gate in the raptor pit broke after about 4 games last night...anyone else had this issue?
I've emailed Stern already and I'm sure they will take care of it, just curious if it is a common thing or if this was a bit of a freak incident.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wonder if it got hung up and then a direct impact destroyed it?

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Wonder if it got hung up and then a direct impact destroyed it?

Quite possible. Just next thing I knew it was laying in the center of my playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12,999.99
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/6?hl=kuchiyaji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.