(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 427.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Good decision. Stranger Things isnt even in the same league as JP2

AMM is the GC @who-dey.... so yes you do have a reason to come challenge my very sad GC score....

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Also, sometimes it says to shoot the helicopter.

As you get into harder paddocks, you’ll need to hit both Set trap targets (when yellow) then the helicopter shot, then the actual yellow trap shot.

#3403 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Getting to Nublar you simply just need to play those modes. Beating the mini wiz mode awards a fossil and causes that insert to strobe. If all 3 mini wiz modes are beaten when you get to Nublar a completely different ending is enabled if you escape Nublar.

That's brilliant! I like that you can get an alternate ending for finishing them.

But what if you just want to reach Nublar by starting the modes rather than finishing. Is there a way run the clock out, or do you have to lose you ball to end it?

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That's brilliant! I like that you can get an alternate ending for finishing them.
But what if you just want to reach Nublar by starting the modes rather than finishing. Is there a way run the clock out, or do you have to lose you ball to end it?

I can tell you from experience that Escape Control Room times out...

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I can tell you from experience that Escape Control Room times out...

Does it show the time running down? I cradled the ball for a very long time when I was in Visitors Center, as I was hoping to run the clock so I could start Control Room and get to Nublar.

#3406 4 years ago

Need some help
Had ball get stuck here twice if it moving slowly

IMG_20191230_210930 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_210930 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_211234 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_211234 (resized).jpg
#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Need some help

Help? Really? I've had it stop there too. Just nudge the machine. I have also had it get trapped between the newton ball and truck ball. Nothing a little nudge won't fix. Now if you're machine tilts from such a small nudge then you haven't set it up properly.

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Help? Really? I've had it stop there too. Just nudge the machine. I have also had it get trapped between the newton ball and truck ball. Nothing a little nudge won't fix. Now if you're machine tilts from such a small nudge then you haven't set it up properly.

It won't nudge out without a violent tilting shake

#3409 4 years ago

Ha Wow! We have some snippiness here

#3410 4 years ago

Does it show the time running down? I cradled the ball for a very long time when I was in Visitors Center, as I was hoping to run the clock so I could start Control Room and get to Nublar.

Most modes will pause the timer to prevent you from completely timing it out. Hold, take a shot, repeat (but I've never been to visitors center). Secure control room is a hurry up mode so it times out on its own.

#3411 4 years ago

Need some help

Had a similar issue. Pushed the gate bracket towards the flippers so the gate is more inside the ball guide. Reduces the area to get hung up.

CA88F4DD-252D-4E71-9688-0651FD21E53F (resized).jpegCA88F4DD-252D-4E71-9688-0651FD21E53F (resized).jpeg
#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Had a similar issue. Pushed the gate bracket towards the flippers so the gate is more inside the ball guide. Reduces the area to get hung up.[quoted image]

Did you just bend it, or can you loosen screws to adjust it?

#3413 4 years ago

Did you just bend it, or can you loosen screws to adjust it?

I just bent it carefully. Screws look awkward to get to.

#3414 4 years ago

It's a bad design on that corner... I pulled up on the fence just enough to allow the ball to lift the gate only when it's sitting on that corner on a super slow roll... Which is almost never... Only happened for me about 5 in 2000 games. But still annoying... Anytime else it will go to the pops or orbits... Just pull up so the edge of the fence holding the gate is just above the ball guide... You can test it with the glass off putting a ball on that corner repeatedly and just pull up enough to allow the ball to trickle under... Simple fix and it matches the height of the fence on the stern demo videos... If you bend it towards the flippers, you probably are going to jam the gate on the plastics near the hinge and risk sticking the gate in the up position
4aebf8355fa8b0ebb8f3e9e840d61e1102565a5d (resized).jpg4aebf8355fa8b0ebb8f3e9e840d61e1102565a5d (resized).jpg

#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's a bad design on that corner... I pulled up on the fence just enough to allow the ball to lift the gate only when it's sitting on that corner on a super slow roll... Which is almost never... Only happened for me about 5 in 2000 games. But still annoying... Anytime else it will go to the pops or orbits... Just pull up so the edge of the fence holding the gate is just above the ball guide... You can test it with the glass off putting a ball on that corner repeatedly and just pull up enough to allow the ball to trickle under... Simple fix and it matches the height of the fence on the stern demo videos... If you bend it towards the flippers, you probably are going to jam the gate on the plastics near the hinge and risk sticking the gate in the up position
[quoted image]

This right here.
Like Foofighter said less than a handful of times has it ever had to come back through but it has not gotten stuck a single time since I did this.

#3416 4 years ago

News for New code?

#3417 4 years ago

New code coming in the future

#3418 4 years ago

Hey sk8ball we are “hankering for a hunk of New Code” (showing my age)

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hey sk8ball we are “hankering for a hunk of New Code” (showing my age)

Haaa!! The western cheese wedge guy from Saturday morning cartoons!! Forgot about that dude

#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Haaa!! The western cheese wedge guy from Saturday morning cartoons!! Forgot about that dude

Ha ha!!! Yess!
Do you remember Yuck Mouth from Saturday morning cartoons?

#3421 4 years ago

“ My name is Yuck Mouth, cause I don’t brush!”

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

“ My name is Yuck Mouth, cause I don’t brush!”

I remember all that stuff man. Good times, good times.

#3423 4 years ago

I love cheese...and new code!

#3424 4 years ago
8118A08F-DE66-4EAD-BE37-D2C79F537032.gif8118A08F-DE66-4EAD-BE37-D2C79F537032.gif
#3425 4 years ago

Getting a ball frequently stuck inside the left slingshot island under the rubber. Anyone else encounter this? Rubber seems fine. Just started happening out of the blue after a few thousand plays. Thinking ill search settings for a sling setting to mess with. Any other ideas? Maybe the rubber is just getting looser over time?

#3426 4 years ago

Sometimes, trying to get the Dino to catch the ball is like trying to get your Labrador retriever to catch bologna.

On a side note, the JP2 prem at 2up is buttery smooth tonight.

Combos and super skill shots galore to be had.

Most dialed in example I've played, to date.

#3427 4 years ago

Factory. Maybe my coil stops are wearing out.

How do you know when coil stops break? Do they start feeling sluggish then give out?

My right flipper feels like it lost some power and is sluggish. I’ve never experienced a broken coil stop before.

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

How do you know when coil stops break? Do they start feeling sluggish then give out?
My right flipper feels like it lost some power and is sluggish. I’ve never experienced a broken coil stop before.

Kevin,

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Yep, when mine went the flipper was suddenly sluggish and way underpowered. It also caused the flipper to give a little bit backward when a ball came down the playfield and hit it vs. normal operation of the flipper holding firmly in place when the ball hits and bounces off.

#3430 4 years ago

Problems in my park...

20200102_003514 (resized).jpg20200102_003514 (resized).jpg20200102_003720 (resized).jpg20200102_003720 (resized).jpg20200102_003738 (resized).jpg20200102_003738 (resized).jpg
#3431 4 years ago

Oh crap. Another post problem. Looks like it has a nut that extends to the bottom of the play field. How did it break free?

#3432 4 years ago

hi,

i have two questions according to the map of the stern homepage i have attached:

1. why are there 2 visitor centers shown? i thought where the „mission“ starts there is the main gate.

2. why have the locations (points) of the t-rex and the spinosaurus a bigger size than the other dino locations (like spitter, gallimimus, etc.)

happy new year

ralf

865B605B-8763-4DBE-97A1-745D12BEA01C (resized).jpeg865B605B-8763-4DBE-97A1-745D12BEA01C (resized).jpeg
#3433 4 years ago

(not sure as not having the game home) because they are the 2 big boss and more dangerous on the map, and when you'll get these 2 you'll play a special versus mode

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

(not sure as not having the game home) because they are the 2 big boss and more dangerous on the map, and when you'll get these 2 you'll play a special versus mode

When you get T-Rex and Spino there’s a vs mode, what between the T-Rex and Spino? That would be amazing!

#3435 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi,
i have two questions according to the map of the stern homepage i have attached:
1. why are there 2 visitor centers shown? i thought where the „mission“ starts there is the main gate.

They made a mistake.

Quoted from J85M:

When you get T-Rex and Spino there’s a vs mode, what between the T-Rex and Spino? That would be amazing!

Yes, King of the Island.

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

They made a mistake.

Yes, King of the Island.

mistake - thank you, the map is confusing!

koti - thank you

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Quoted from J85M:

Yes, King of the Island.

You don't need T-Rex and Spino, only the Spino to play KotI.

#3438 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You don't need T-Rex and Spino, only the Spino to play KotI.

so it seems that there is no reason why these two spots are bigger than the others...

#3439 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi,

Mistake, the bottom "Visitor Center" should be "Main Gate"

Quoted from flipper73:

2. why have the locations (points) of the t-rex and the spinosaurus a bigger size than the other dino locations (like spitter, gallimimus, etc.)

Probably because of the difficulty level, and the additional capture bonus you get above and beyond the Jurassic Perk. T-Rex gives an extra ball, and Spino
starts King of the Island.

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

so it seems that there is no reason why these two spots are bigger than the others...

Super Predators, and they have a couple of the biggest perks when captured.

#3441 4 years ago

Thanks for those that helped/guided me on the spinner issue. Turned out my switch was totally fine, the issue was mostly that the spinner was not resting in the vertical position, but leaned back a bit. It was enough that balls not perfetly centered went right by the damn thing. I wasn't quite sure which was to bend it to get sorted and slid my fingers underneath it and pressed upward towards the glass a few times. This seems to have done the trick, it doesn't hang perfectly vertical but WAY more than before. After months of shitty score I put 230M without even trying on the first play after the glass was back on.

#3442 4 years ago

Having some fun with Photoshop. How cool would it be to have a nicely sculpted interactive topper for this game with movie-realistic dinosaurs? Something that was interactive and lit/flashed with the various paddocks and game noises. Could be really neat and a great way to showcase all of the dinos in the game. I know I am missing a few in this mock-up but something like this could be pretty slick if laid out and sculpted well. Probably too busy for most, but I would be in on one. Probably should save up to buy the game first though...

JP Topper (resized).JPGJP Topper (resized).JPG
#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Having some fun with Photoshop. How cool would it be to have a nicely sculpted interactive topper for this game with movie-realistic dinosaurs? Something that was interactive and lit/flashed with the various paddocks and game noises. Could be really neat and a great way to showcase all of the dinos in the game. I know I am missing a few in this mock-up but something like this could be pretty slick if laid out and sculpted well. Probably too busy for most, but I would be in on one. Probably should save up to buy the game first though...[quoted image]

Looks sweet!! A single Pterenodon (sp?) with flapping wings would also be pretty cool.

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

What part of the gate structure do you grab (with narrow pliers?) and pull up on to avoid damage?

#3445 4 years ago

I never had problems with the upper play field, but my ball gets stuck in the Raptor cage a lot. Just below the target.

#3446 4 years ago

Saw this in Hank's shop:

jp2topper (resized).jpgjp2topper (resized).jpg
#3447 4 years ago

Recently put about 2hrs on a Pro and it definitely felt lacking compared to the Premium. I own a Premium, so am really aware of the differences. Pro is still a very solid game, but feel the “extras” are worth it on this title.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Recently put about 2hrs on a Pro and it definitely felt lacking compared to the Premium. I own a Premium, so am really aware of the differences. Pro is still a very solid game, but feel the “extras” are worth it on this title.

This has been debated to death. There are 2 threads. One for premium/le owners. All are welcome here, but let's not start the premium/le better than pro thing again. Many of us pro owners are more than happy with our decision on price vs. features.

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What part of the gate structure do you grab (with narrow pliers?) and pull up on to avoid damage?

No need for pliers. Just pull up on it on the left side (not the wire gate itself but the supporting structure) probably only have to pull it up 1/16".

#3450 4 years ago

Purely an observation I shared, since I have not put much time on a pro. Don’t want to debate, not looking to debate, nor do I want to participate in a “debate.” Carry on...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

13,200 (OBO)
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/69?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.