New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,566 posts
  • 688 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Slogan1111
  • Topic is favorited by 347 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,478 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20201023-081248_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Message_1603378682618 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8665 (resized).JPG
IMG_8664 (resized).JPG
2020-10-19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3182 (resized).jpeg
20200908_184355 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201019_203321 (resized).jpg
03173A60-F9DD-4805-9A56-524A5D5926FA (resized).png
D61A022C-BF8E-4937-B09F-C9E6DABD4E04 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3226 (resized).jpeg
JP ST V1 PST (resized).jpg
JP V2 TAPE PST (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20201012_155026 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7566 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 152.
#3351 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not being sarcastic, but in what way is the T-Rex phenomenal? It "eats" the ball, moves around a bit and puts the ball on a ramp. Besides the lackluster implementation and the big box for a neck, I guess I don't understand.
And as of right now, the raptor pit is a lot different, but again, it's implementation is more of a secondary objective at this point than a main one.
This game as amazing, but everything amazing about this game is in the pro version. The premium is better, and I went premium because I think this game is that good, but I don't think I'd ever recommend someone go premium over pro on this one.
Genuinely asking, not trying to shit on your post.

Seriously? It’s Jurassic Park. The Trex toy is awesome.

No idea what some people expect.

1000%. Premium over pro

#3352 10 months ago

This game is wearing my f ing ass out!!!

I’ve had visitor center teed up a couple times only to choke

Secure control room is very cool

Museum mayhem? No idea how to get there

I’m not sure there is a “best strategy” to get to Visitor Center. Obviously stay in the outside lanes but still a shit ton of shots to hit

#3353 10 months ago

I feel like the T rex is a cool interaction, but interrupts the flow. The pro feels faster to me. And, after reading many of the T rex alignment issues, I'm glad I dont have to deal with it

#3354 10 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I feel like the T rex is a cool interaction, but interrupts the flow. The pro feels faster to me. And, after reading many of the T rex alignment issues, I'm glad I dont have to deal with it

Sorry scribbles. Gotta disagree. You get PLENTY of flow in this game otherwise. Plenty fast enough.

People should get the premium on one of the best games ever

#3355 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game is wearing my f ing ass out!!!
I’ve had visitor center teed up a couple times only to choke
Secure control room is very cool
I’m not sure there is a “best strategy” to get to Visitor Center. Obviously stay in the outside lanes but still a shit ton of shots to hit

Visitors center is started once you've done all of the T rex event modes. So, best way to get visitors center is nail the jeep over and over, play through the T rex modes without losing balls. I play lots of games with specific objectives, not worrying about score. Like one evening, I'll just try to start raptor multiball as many times as possible, or Chaos, or hit visitors center and so on.

#3356 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Clear all of the T-Rex modes

Quoted from Scribbles:

Visitors center is started once you've done all of the T rex event modes.

Clearing Paddocks gets you to Visitor Center. T-Rex clears open Museum Mayhem.

#3357 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry scribbles. Gotta disagree. You get PLENTY of flow in this game otherwise. Plenty fast enough.
People should get the premium on one of the best games ever

I didn't say there wasn't flow. I said that personally, I feel like the T rex interrupts the flow. Meaning on that particular shot. That's just a personal feeling. No right or wrong, just my take on it. Amazing game any way you cut it. Pro, premium or Le

#3358 10 months ago
Quoted from Caviel:

Oops, correct, my bad....lol. Had the modes mixed up in my old brain

#3359 10 months ago

I wanted to share a Topper I started coordinated work on.
Its 7 or 8 layers deep of thick plastic, laser cut.
The Base you see, is one I put together, and the production would likely be a flatter piece,
with the supports not showing above the sign lettering. Secures with Nano Tape.

What do you think? Any customers as I shoot this to be a $99 Price?

(the Lighting is a Comet Matrix bulb with splitter, in Corner GI, Wire, and a 6 SMD Pad.
Pne could also plug in a remote RGB in the Backbox) I dont believe I can or wish to supply, but Id share info)

I also have left over from messing with Mods, 5 Licence JP Miniature Dinos.
They have a Base that glows green, and I put 1 above control room flasher, and another on the upper right.

There is also 2-5 Resin Amber Pieces. 2 Tear Drop, they can go on Control room, but I found them a bit too big, or as they are drilled at the top, you could enlarge and make a keychain! These are $15 shipped.
There are 3 Flat Resin Amber. 1 Is very thick....Call that a Paperweight, and 2 thinner.
1 I tapped and drilled in an effort to place at the entrance to the spiral ramp.That one is off a little, but with 2 l brackets, it should mount.the other is undrilled. Each are $20 shipped.

JP sign (resized).jpgJP sign2 (resized).jpgdinossss (resized).jpgdino2 (resized).jpgdino1 (resized).jpgamber22 (resized).jpgamber2 (resized).jpgamber (1) (resized).jpg
#3360 10 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I didn't say there wasn't flow. I said that personally, I feel like the T rex interrupts the flow. Meaning on that particular shot. That's just a personal feeling. No right or wrong, just my take on it. Amazing game any way you cut it. Pro, premium or Le

No doubt brother. I like how Trex is flinging around in the modes without stopping flow

Plus, like control center, I need a quick pause for a swig of beer

Quoted from Caviel:

Got it. Will work on Trex now to see museum

Clearing paddocks ain’t easy to get to Visitor!

Feels like TWD to me. Drove me nuts until I finally beat it.

#3361 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No doubt brother. I like how Trex is flinging around in the modes without stopping flow
Plus, like control center, I need a quick pause for a swig of beer

Got it. Will work on Trex now to see museum
Clearing paddocks ain’t easy to get to Visitor!
Feels like TWD to me. Drove me nuts until I finally beat it.

Museum Mayhem is fun. Animation of T-Rex tossing a raptor is fun to watch. Somehow for me it seems like when I just focus on running the T-Rex modes I end up getting farther in the paddocks and running Chaos MB more often than I do when I'm trying specifically for either of those things. When I'm working on hitting the truck I seem to hit more of the shots along the way that qualify them.

#3362 10 months ago

It's not that the T-Rex is bad, it's just not good. Having the Dino sit there waiting for you to shoot a ball into it's mouth is very meh. The DE Dino was implemented better, at least it actually ate the ball, it didn't just sit there all goofy with it's mouth open. The implementation is strange.

It's kinda fun that the ball is in the T-Rex I guess, but it just sits there like it's at the doctor waiting to get their throat looked at.

Again, for the raptor pit, it's not bad, it's just not good. The raptor pit is just not important enough to care about such a minor difference.

Quoted from dts:

That's interesting from a Pre owner. Do you prefer the flow on the Pro? No stop and go with the Trex head stationary and the raptor pit different? I think the Trex head is very cool, but can see why some don't care.

#3363 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's not that the T-Rex is bad, it's just not good. Having the Dino sit there waiting for you to shoot a ball into it's mouth is very meh. The DE Dino was implemented better, at least it actually ate the ball, it didn't just sit there all goofy with it's mouth open. The implementation is strange.
It's kinda fun that the ball is in the T-Rex I guess, but it just sits there like it's at the doctor waiting to get their throat looked at.
Again, for the raptor pit, it's not bad, it's just not good. The raptor pit is just not important enough to care about such a minor difference.

I don’t think you’re playing the same game - he moves around most of the time. Then for a brief moment during a timed start he lowers his jaw and you shoot the ball in. Then he picks it up, moves around some more, roars, throws it back on the wireform. On some modes he has a tanty and just chucks it wherever he wants.

The DE Dino is so last millennium compared to this.

#3364 10 months ago

Followed one of the T-Rex fix tutorials I found in this thread, and although it helped center the T-Rex, I think the vertical alignment is way off.

Here is a video showing the jaw slamming down on the ramp so much so that the screws are shaking loose.

Is Stern not looking at this stuff before the put a game in a box?

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

#3365 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Pro. No brainer. Dino head isn’t great, raptor cage adds very little.

You’re kidding yourself!!. LE/Prem upgrades aren’t necessary as JP is already a phenomenal game, but they 100% make it a better experience.

#3366 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Followed one of the T-Rex fix tutorials I found in this thread, and although it helped center the T-Rex, I think the vertical alignment is way off.
Here is a video showing the jaw slamming down on the ramp so much so that the screws are shaking loose.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

#3367 10 months ago

in the talks TREX (PREM/LE) or not TREX (PRO), i'm more concerned about the raptor cage, thinking THIS make the real difference... if you have played/tried the 2 versions, you know why already

now, again, the PRO is a really good/fun machine too, no doubt about that

#3368 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not being sarcastic, but in what way is the T-Rex phenomenal? It "eats" the ball, moves around a bit and puts the ball on a ramp. Besides the lackluster implementation and the big box for a neck, I guess I don't understand.
And as of right now, the raptor pit is a lot different, but again, it's implementation is more of a secondary objective at this point than a main one.
This game as amazing, but everything amazing about this game is in the pro version. The premium is better, and I went premium because I think this game is that good, but I don't think I'd ever recommend someone go premium over pro on this one.
Genuinely asking, not trying to shit on your post.

Check post #3347 I agree whole heartedly.

#3369 10 months ago

Just need a topper now with opening gates, something in the same style as BM66 or Munsters topper artwork mixed with layered sculpting.

#3370 10 months ago

Couple things I noticed from your video...

First, you definitely need to tighten your ramp post screw. Shouldn't be jumping around, does not look like it's holding anything at all. That ramp has an entry opto, and each of the post screws have a small black spacer on them. Make sure everything is set and secure so that when you hit the shot it registers and flows smoothly.

In your adjustments, you should also have a vertical adjustments option, which you should work with exactly the same way you did the horizontal. I was able to get my Trex sitting pretty with just a small horizontal and vertical change. Perhaps yours got jostled in shipping more and needs more. Looks like you're close though.

Finally, since you asked multiple times, yeah I do think Stern just throws these together and puts them in a box and ships them without looking at them. Their entire manufacturing process is done by blind people as part of a community outreach project in Chicago.

Dude don't get frustrated. This machine will require tweaks and maintenance and love for it's entire lifetime. Metal ball crashing into plastic and whatnot. Things are going to happen. These two JP threads are full of great information and people to help you out when something goes cattywampus.

#3371 10 months ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Couple things I noticed from your video...
First, you definitely need to tighten your ramp post screw. Shouldn't be jumping around, does not look like it's holding anything at all. That ramp has an entry opto, and each of the post screws have a small black spacer on them. Make sure everything is set and secure so that when you hit the shot it registers and flows smoothly.
In your adjustments, you should also have a vertical adjustments option, which you should work with exactly the same way you did the horizontal. I was able to get my Trex sitting pretty with just a small horizontal and vertical change. Perhaps yours got jostled in shipping more and needs more. Looks like you're close though.
Finally, since you asked multiple times, yeah I do think Stern just throws these together and puts them in a box and ships them without looking at them. Their entire manufacturing process is done by blind people as part of a community outreach project in Chicago.
Dude don't get frustrated. This machine will require tweaks and maintenance and love for it's entire lifetime. Metal ball crashing into plastic and whatnot. Things are going to happen. These two JP threads are full of great information and people to help you out when something goes cattywampus.

I'm a bit confused. You mentioned that I could change the horizontal alignment the same as the vertical. Where's that option?

I can change the horizontal bias, but not vertical.

From the fix tutorial, it should having to actually move the mech.

Did you have to physically move it like that tutorial shows?

#3372 10 months ago

You can use bias and alignment interchangeably.

Horizontal alignment (bias) via software, vertical alignment via hardware.

I'm a bit confused. You mentioned that I could change the horizontal alignment the same as the vertical. Where's that option?

#3373 10 months ago

Yep my mistake. I thought there was a software vertical bias adjustment a well. Could have sworn... Weird. You'll need to physically do that on yours by the looks of your video.

#3374 10 months ago

are NIB Le's still available or are they unobtainable?

#3375 10 months ago
#3376 10 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

SO, since the new .96 code, my scores have decreased on the average it seems. What's everyones new highest scores on the newest .96 code??Currently I'm having trouble breaking into the 300 million. Had a few high 200's.

Same Thing here!?

#3377 10 months ago

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but here's hoping they make changes to their current T-Rex multi-ball setup as it 1) doesn't last long enough 2) only has 2 balls and 3) most importantly, doesn't even get going until you hit the left ramp but 50% of the time I'm too busy trying to raise the pot via shots, the multi-ball "times out" and I don't even get any the multi-ball started. I suggest Stern make it so that in their next update, you have like 15 seconds to hit as many shots as possible during the T-Rex multi-ball HURRY UP, but when the 15 seconds is over....they START the multi-ball either way.

I know this multi-ball is easier for all the "shooters" out there, but I find this game pretty hard so far and I've had it for months. Whenever a newbie plays the machine, they NEVER get a multi-ball because the Raptor multi-ball is very hard to start up and so is the CHAOS multi-ball so their best chance is the T-Rex multi-ball and even then, it doesn't start up sometimes because you can "time out". Multi-balls are fun. I think this game needs more fun. That's my 2 cents and hopefully Stern is gonna add more "fun" to the game in the next update -- and don't tell me about MUSEUM MAYHEM and VISITORS CENTER because I think I've reached the former once, and that's all.

#3378 10 months ago

Hot Damn this Pin is Awesome!!

Got a JP Prem a couple of weeks; finally had time to put a lot of time into it today...WOW!!

Absolutely amazing layout; shots feel great, ton of depth. An A+++ and instant classic.

#3379 10 months ago

Thought this was a worth while mod I did, and at only $10 bucks and about 45 mins week worth it. Swappable between the Jurassic world truck and the classic jp jeep. Takes about 5 mins to swap over. Much better then the chinsy stock plastic truck.

IMG_20191228_162811106 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_164502531 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_164507850 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_162345301 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_164508026 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_164513488 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_162349104 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_162351810 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_162749075 (resized).jpg
#3380 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just need a topper now with opening gates, something in the same style as BM66 or Munsters topper artwork mixed with layered sculpting.

Is there talk of a Stern topper? I’ve got the Tilt one which is really nice, but be curious to see if Stern can come up with an interactive one.

#3381 10 months ago
Quoted from Sergeant:

Thought this was a worth while mod I did, and at only $10 bucks and about 45 mins week worth it. Swappable between the Jurassic world truck and the classic jp jeep. Takes about 5 mins to swap over. Much better then the chinsy stock plastic truck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your Jeep is navigating the park the hard way

#3382 10 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but here's hoping they make changes to their current T-Rex multi-ball setup as it 1) doesn't last long enough 2) only has 2 balls and 3) most importantly, doesn't even get going until you hit the left ramp but 50% of the time I'm too busy trying to raise the pot via shots, the multi-ball "times out" and I don't even get any the multi-ball started. I suggest Stern make it so that in their next update, you have like 15 seconds to hit as many shots as possible during the T-Rex multi-ball HURRY UP, but when the 15 seconds is over....they START the multi-ball either way.
I know this multi-ball is easier for all the "shooters" out there, but I find this game pretty hard so far and I've had it for months. Whenever a newbie plays the machine, they NEVER get a multi-ball because the Raptor multi-ball is very hard to start up and so is the CHAOS multi-ball so their best chance is the T-Rex multi-ball and even then, it doesn't start up sometimes because you can "time out". Multi-balls are fun. I think this game needs more fun. That's my 2 cents and hopefully Stern is gonna add more "fun" to the game in the next update -- and don't tell me about MUSEUM MAYHEM and VISITORS CENTER because I think I've reached the former once, and that's all.

Have you tried going into the settings to adjust the timers and difficulty settings? I happen to like the default difficulty levels. Not every Stern game has to be a multi-ball fest out of the box.

#3383 10 months ago

FiNALLY got my T-Rex aligned properly, and wow, what a difference.

A few games in, and I got to Museum Mayhem for the first time (was hard to do when 90% of T-Rex shots were rejecting).

SPOILER ALERT: here's a quick video of Museum Mayhem being completed.

I'm wondering about a couple of things though... First, I had the "Secure Control Room" insert flashing after playing all 3 control room modes. Did I just need to make that one final shot to qualify that against Nublar Escape? I feel like it stopped flashing after a while, and because I wasn't able to make the shot, I decided to just go for Visitors Center.

In Visitors Center, all I wanted to do was run down the time to get back to shooting for Control Room, but it didn't seem to time out. Do you have to play it all the way through???

#3384 10 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Your Jeep is navigating the park the hard way

Agree! Hard enough going forwards let alone backwards!

#3385 10 months ago

FiNALLY got my T-Rex aligned properly, and wow, what a difference.
A few games in, and I got to Museum Mayhem for the first time (was hard to do when 90% of T-Rex shots were rejecting).
SPOILER ALERT: here's a quick video of Museum Mayhem being completed.

I'm wondering about a couple of things though... First, I had the "Secure Control Room" insert flashing after playing all 3 control room modes. Did I just need to make that one final shot to qualify that against Nublar Escape? I feel like it stopped flashing after a while, and because I wasn't able to make the shot, I decided to just go for Visitors Center.
In Visitors Center, all I wanted to do was run down the time to get back to shooting for Control Room, but it didn't seem to time out. Do you have to play it all the way through???

Just curious what power levels you have your flippers set at....they seem to be much lower than mine.

#3386 10 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Just curious what power levels you have your flippers set at....they seem to be much lower than mine.

Factory. Maybe my coil stops are wearing out.

#3387 10 months ago

When the game was first released I played a few quick games and came away just meh. Found one yesterday and put about 15 games on it. Gotta say this game is a blast to play. Have no clue really what to do. Multiballs seem to happen randomly. So many shots from all the flippers. The one I was playing had a weak left flipper but still found most of the shots satisfying. The first 4 or 5 games I sucked big time but started to click after that. Averaged around 100 mil per game. Had one 400 mil game and got Raptor Tri-ball champ but no high score. Last game was my best and got high score #4 with 448 mil.

I'm going to go back and play it today and have a few questions. What area should I attack/shoot for first? Can multiballs be stacked? And during multiballs, after hitting the jackpots and super jackpots do you have to clear the chaos letters? And is the shot right of the truck and left of the ramp doable? The only way I hit the target was from the bumpers or was it designed that way?

Thanks guys. Super jealous of you owners Great game!

#3388 10 months ago

Just got my premium, trex is the coolest thing I have seen in pinball in a long time

#3389 10 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just got my premium, trex is the coolest thing I have seen in pinball in a long time

Congrats! I agree the TRex is awesome.

#3390 10 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

When the game was first released I played a few quick games and came away just meh. Found one yesterday and put about 15 games on it. Gotta say this game is a blast to play. Have no clue really what to do. Multiballs seem to happen randomly. So many shots from all the flippers. The one I was playing had a weak left flipper but still found most of the shots satisfying. The first 4 or 5 games I sucked big time but started to click after that. Averaged around 100 mil per game. Had one 400 mil game and got Raptor Tri-ball champ but no high score. Last game was my best and got high score #4 with 448 mil.
I'm going to go back and play it today and have a few questions. What area should I attack/shoot for first? Can multiballs be stacked? And during multiballs, after hitting the jackpots and super jackpots do you have to clear the chaos letters? And is the shot right of the truck and left of the ramp doable? The only way I hit the target was from the bumpers or was it designed that way?

This is a good website for reviewing the rules.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Multiballs aren't stackable (except for a very, very unlikely way to stack T-Rex and Raptor multiballs). Each MB has different rules. The missile shot between the truck & ramp is doable but extremely tight.

#3391 10 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Easiest way to run up a high score without getting too deep into rules, is hit the jeep repeatedly. Each time you hit the jeep with a solid shot, you spell a letter in "T rex". Once you spell Trex, hit the Trex ramp to start a mode. Then follow directions, and hit the lit shots. Repeat. While doing this, you will inevitably complete other tasks. The chaos letters are a separate multiball mode. Hit the letters in order tomspell chaos, then hit the difficult shot up in the bumpers to start multiball. Big points here for getting jackpots

#3392 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Congrats! I agree the TRex is awesome.

Did you ever get my GC score off of your game? I hope so because i need a reason to come over and play your game again!

#3393 10 months ago

Just cancelled my Stranger Things LE and placed my order for JP Prem after watching a lot of gameplay videos on YouTube and reading feedback here on Pinside.

I love Keith's first game, Iron Maiden. Super impressive from a design & coding standpoint.

For those that own the game and have put on hundreds of plays, how does it compare to Iron Maiden? How about TWD? Reason I asked about TWD is Keith is one of the best players I've ever seen play TWD and it's also one of my favorite pins. Are there any similarities to TWD in any way whatsoever?

I'm really looking forward to this one

#3394 9 months ago

TWD is one of my all time favorites. A pure adrenaline rush. Jurassic park premium is the best Stern since that one, IMO. I’ve had 5 other pins arrive since (Got, gb, IM, MB, TNA). Only TNA gets close.

#3395 9 months ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just cancelled my Stranger Things LE and placed my order for JP Prem after watching a lot of gameplay videos on YouTube and reading feedback here on Pinside.
I love Keith's first game, Iron Maiden. Super impressive from a design & coding standpoint.
For those that own the game and have put on hundreds of plays, how does it compare to Iron Maiden? How about TWD? Reason I asked about TWD is Keith is one of the best players I've ever seen play TWD and it's also one of my favorite pins. Are there any similarities to TWD in any way whatsoever?
I'm really looking forward to this one

Good decision. Stranger Things isnt even in the same league as JP2

#3396 9 months ago

Does anyone know if you can run down the time the mini-wizard modes?

Getting to Nublar whilst having to complete or lose a ball in these modes seems pretty steep.

When I play TWD, sometimes I'll just run the clock on Horde to get back to collecting walker kills.

Wondering if the same applies in JP. I like having the option to risk and get points, or abandon the mode and go for the finish line.

#3397 9 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I get the biggest kick out of clearing paddocks - everything else just happens while I’m focusing on that. Just the coding on paddocks alone is brilliant.

To start a paddock, you hit the solid white shots until you spell “map” on the back board. (For the first paddock 2 of the 3 shots will already be lit so you only need one white shot). Once Map is lit, the left ramp white insert will flash - hit that to start the paddock. The ball will be trapped at the up post near the left flipper (also brilliant design).

When the mode starts your goal is to rescue as many staff as possible/necessary and then trap and capture the dinosaur. This is easy at first but gets harder as you advance through the paddocks.

To rescue a staff member, hit the orange lit “rescue”?? shots. After you’ve rescued enough, the yellow stand ups behind the truck will light - hit one or both of those to set a trap which is a yellow lit shot. Hit that shot to capture the dinosaur.

The whole time you’re trying to rescue the staff, the dinosaur is roaming the paddocks- it is represented by the green shot and it moves shot to shot. If it gets to a staff member, you lose that staff. You can slow the dinosaur down with a shot to the green lit shot.

When you complete the paddock you move forward on the map - you can change the direction you go on the map by hitting the Jeep newton ball. The outer paddocks are easier dinosaurs, but not worth as much.

Sounds complicated but it’s really intuitive and addictive. Very clever coding.

#3398 9 months ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

TWD is one of my all time favorites. A pure adrenaline rush. Jurassic park premium is the best Stern since that one, IMO. I’ve had 5 other pins arrive since (Got, gb, IM, MB, TNA). Only TNA gets close.

Awesome, that's great to hear!

I still need to try a TNA. I've only heard great things about it.

#3399 9 months ago

Does anyone know if you can run down the time the mini-wizard modes?

Getting to Nublar whilst having to complete or lose a ball in these modes seems pretty steep.

Getting to Nublar you simply just need to play those modes. Beating the mini wiz mode awards a fossil and causes that insert to strobe. If all 3 mini wiz modes are beaten when you get to Nublar a completely different ending is enabled if you escape Nublar.

#3400 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I get the biggest kick out of clearing paddocks - everything else just happens while I’m focusing on that. Just the coding on paddocks alone is brilliant.
To start a paddock, you hit the solid white shots until you spell “map” on the back board. (For the first paddock 2 of the 3 shots will already be lit so you only need one white shot). Once Map is lit, the left ramp white insert will flash - hit that to start the paddock. The ball will be trapped at the up post near the left flipper (also brilliant design).
When the mode starts your goal is to rescue as many staff as possible/necessary and then trap and capture the dinosaur. This is easy at first but gets harder as you advance through the paddocks.
To rescue a staff member, hit the orange lit “rescue”?? shots. After you’ve rescued enough, the yellow stand ups behind the truck will light - hit one or both of those to set a trap which is a yellow lit shot. Hit that shot to capture the dinosaur.
The whole time you’re trying to rescue the staff, the dinosaur is roaming the paddocks- it is represented by the green shot and it moves shot to shot. If it gets to a staff member, you lose that staff. You can slow the dinosaur down with a shot to the green lit shot.
When you complete the paddock you move forward on the map - you can change the direction you go on the map by hitting the Jeep newton ball. The outer paddocks are easier dinosaurs, but not worth as much.
Sounds complicated but it’s really intuitive and addictive. Very clever coding.

Thank you for that info. I couldn't figure out how to capture a dinosaur. I was shooting the blue targets to set traps. Then I was shooting the Raptor cage when it says to capture, but I was only capturing Raptors.. Also, sometimes it says to shoot the helicopter. I agree, this game is so well done and difficult to master. Keeps me coming back for more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,699 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 7566 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 152.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside