(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,268 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 426.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

I just brought home my first pin... aJP Pro.
I got it set up but I have a question... I received a large rectangular sticker with all my stuff... what is that for?

Pic?

#3302 4 years ago

Any distributors have JP LEs available?

#3303 4 years ago
#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

[quoted image]

Little substance is needed with the photo, is this recent? Route game? Your own pro?

#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Little substance is needed with the photo, is this recent? Route game? Your own pro?

HUO. 149 plays.

7FE7D6D3-F031-407F-8821-F77AA945FC85 (resized).jpeg7FE7D6D3-F031-407F-8821-F77AA945FC85 (resized).jpeg9B64EB82-1006-47FC-ABC7-A7048836A5D0 (resized).jpeg9B64EB82-1006-47FC-ABC7-A7048836A5D0 (resized).jpeg
#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

HUO. 149 plays.[quoted image][quoted image]

Loosen up the star post and center the washer on the bubble and tighten it back down. It will make it flatten back out and smooth out. I had a problem with the mini clear post. They would apply pressure on one side form a bubble. Then would crack/bust open. Stern is sending me a new playfield. But it's been a while and still isnt here yet.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Loosen up the star post and center the washer on the bubble and tighten it back down. It will make it flatten back out and smooth out. I had a problem with the mini clear post. They would apply pressure on one side form a bubble. Then would crack/bust open. Stern is sending me a new playfield. But it's been a while and still isnt here yet.

Hard to do when the wood is showing

EC71D212-90F6-4844-9ACB-73ED7D1E912E (resized).jpegEC71D212-90F6-4844-9ACB-73ED7D1E912E (resized).jpeg
#3308 4 years ago

anyone looking to sell their LE or Premium on the West Coast please PM me - thanks - Happy holidays to all

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I wouldn't spend too much time looking into it. This is addressed in the next code update.

Well that just made my day. Thanks.

#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hard to do when the wood is showing[quoted image]

Carefully remove the post and washer. Gently run a heat gun over it and will start to level out, even the paint will slide back some. Then center the washer when you reassemble. Will not be perfect, but definitely nicer than what it looks like right now.

Left Sling - Paint Splitting (resized).jpgLeft Sling - Paint Splitting (resized).jpg
#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

@heyitsjoebob This might be your issue with the T-Rex ramp, I've not had a single miss since I did this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5334805

After a couple of games and fast shots of testing, it seems that a small cardboard shim on the back opto was my fix. Thanks for this, I hadn't seen it earlier.

#3312 4 years ago

Here is the sticker I got with my game.., is it for something? Included manual for size reference.
A few questions
I noticed that once every few games I get a loud popping noise mostly after the game is over or a few seconds of really loud noises. Is this a known issue with a fix?
I also am having issues with the right half pipe. If I use the shooter knob it rarely makes it up the ramp, although if I just hit the action button to get the ball in play, it seems to make it most of the time... is this normal?

Thanks
Mark

30DA461E-5ACE-4C17-A379-89DE4A424ED1 (resized).jpeg30DA461E-5ACE-4C17-A379-89DE4A424ED1 (resized).jpeg
#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Here is the sticker I got with my game.., is it for something? Included manual for size reference.
A few questions
I noticed that once every few games I get a loud popping noise mostly after the game is over or a few seconds of really loud noises. Is this a known issue with a fix?
I also am having issues with the right half pipe. If I use the shooter knob it rarely makes it up the ramp, although if I just hit the action button to get the ball in play, it seems to make it most of the time... is this normal?
Thanks
Mark[quoted image]

The “popping” noise you hear is when you have a match (last 2 digits of your game matches a generated number) - this will give you a free credit (so not really used when on free play). You can turn off the knocker in your settings if you don’t want to hear it

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

A few questions
Thanks
Mark[quoted image]

Quoted from Saucerboy:

A few questions
Thanks
Mark[quoted image]

Not sure about that sticker...lol. I'll have to look and see if I got one. The loud noise is most likely the "free game" knocker when you get a match at the end of the game. And the half pipe is a known issue. There should be an orange spring on your shooter. Some folks machines shipped with a green spring which is weaker. Have stern send you an orange spring or buy one for a few bucks (much faster). I also needed to shim the left side of my shooter ramp. There's a post here on how to do it. Takes 5 minutes. Between those 2 fixes, you should be good to go.

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

... I also needed to shim the left side of my shooter ramp. There's a post here on how to do it. Takes 5 minutes.

+1

Just make sure that the left side of the ramp stays below the wood cutout. I only needed a washer under mine to get it to launch perfectly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/28#post-5255575

#3316 4 years ago

My left flipper drops down when the ball feeds out of the raptor pen and I want to trap it. It doesn’t fall all the way down, but a little and appears to be getting more each time. Anyone else have this issue and is there a fix that anyone knows of? Thanks.

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

My left flipper drops down when the ball feeds out of the raptor pen and I want to trap it. It doesn’t fall all the way down, but a little and appears to be getting more each time. Anyone else have this issue and is there a fix that anyone knows of? Thanks.

I had this exact issue a few days ago. It was caused by a broken coil stop.

I contacted my distributor and had a few replacement coil stops sent out.

jurassic_park_broken_coil_stop_1 (resized).jpgjurassic_park_broken_coil_stop_1 (resized).jpg

jurassic_park_broken_coil_stop_2 (resized).jpgjurassic_park_broken_coil_stop_2 (resized).jpg

#3318 4 years ago

Thanks, I’ll check that out.

#3319 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Carefully remove the post and washer. Gently run a heat gun over it and will start to level out, even the paint will slide back some. Then center the washer when you reassemble. Will not be perfect, but definitely nicer than what it looks like right now.[quoted image]

Please give us detail?

- what temperature
- high / low fan speed
- what distance from playfield
- how long
- how many strokes back forth

Thx

#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Mine was doing this. Ended up being the switch. It needed to be adjusted. Hard hits wouldnt register but the softer hits would.

Got any adjustment guidance? From the top or bottom of the play field?

#3321 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I wouldn't spend too much time looking into it. This is addressed in the next code update.

Is there anything in future updates that will address the issues with T-Rex not catching the ball?

I've tried any adjustments, and still an't get it to work 100%. The first T-Rex mode (multiball) always works, because even if it does not get caught, just hit the T-Rex in the jaw will always register. So couldn't the same thing be applied to all other T-Rex modes?

I've had countless games where I am trying to start T-Rex modes, and after multiple attempts, I end up draining the ball. Really sucks the fun out of the game to be punished for a shot you're clearly making.

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Nothing on the game, it's just a freebie Stern included. There should also have been a ziptop bag with a few replacement stickers for the stand-up targets, for the Pro model a second Raptor pen plastic, and a few keychain fobs that I used for the coin door and backglass keys.

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is there anything in future updates that will address the issues with T-Rex not catching the ball?
I've tried any adjustments, and still an't get it to work 100%. The first T-Rex mode (multiball) always works, because even if it does not get caught, just hit the T-Rex in the jaw will always register. So couldn't the same thing be applied to all other T-Rex modes?
I've had countless games where I am trying to start T-Rex modes, and after multiple attempts, I end up draining the ball. Really sucks the fun out of the game to be punished for a shot you're clearly making.

So, if the T-rex fails to catch the ball, the mode wont start?? Wow, that would be extremely frustrating. I dont want to start a debate about Pro vs. Other models, but the more I keep reading about the T-rex issues, the more I am thankful I ordered a pro model. Some nights, it's all I can do to hit that ramp consistently, without the added worry of a mech not being reliable.

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Got any adjustment guidance? From the top or bottom of the play field?

Its the switch right below the spinner arm. I loosen a screw and move it slightly up. Making sure the micro switch is engaging on every rotation of the spinner.

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Please give us detail?
- what temperature
- high / low fan speed
- what distance from playfield
- how long
- how many strokes back forth
Thx

Temp - My heatgun is 20+ years old, only has on/off
Fan - Low speed
Distance - roughly 5cm (2") away
How Long - Varied on severity, but as soon as it "melted" I gave it another second of heat
Strokes - No idea, didn't count, just kept the gun in constant motion

Again, go gently and take your time. Easier to start at lower temp and increase until you get the result you are looking for. I have done this to 3 playfields and all have leveled out nicely.

#3326 4 years ago

So what's the general consensus on Premium vs Pro now that this game has been out a while? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, leaning more towards a premium at this point, pretty much only for the trex mech

#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

So what's the general consensus on Premium vs Pro now that this game has been out a while? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, leaning more towards a premium at this point, pretty much only for the trex mech

Good luck.

#3328 4 years ago

Pro. No brainer. Dino head isn’t great, raptor cage adds very little.

Quoted from atrainn:

#3329 4 years ago

Go for the premium Im very happy with mine. I think all stern games for home use should be premiums.

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Go for the premium!

#3331 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I just ordered a Pro after pondering this for a couple months. I've played both and really didn't see that much of a difference. I like the premium art package better but just couldn't justify the extra $1600. I also have a Rick and Morty on order that I'll have to pay for in a few months so that made the decision even easier. If JP was a Grail theme for me I'd spend the extra money but I'm guessing that I'll be ready to move the game on in a year or two to buy the next must-have game (KME's next most likely).

#3332 4 years ago

Premium, Trex is awesome! Raptor cage adds a bunch of gameplay option, gate bash toy, dirty pool, uplock newton bash, just the physical gate itself adds another dimension...I would say the raptor cage totally changes the dynamic and flow from the premium over the pro

#3333 4 years ago

Love that premium/LE raptor cage. When you get a pinball trapped in there, it's like you're smacking around a raptor to weaken the fence. However, the pro is still the core experience of JP2, with the same shots and modes....so no worries either way, it's a classic in either form.

#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Premium is great, art is better, raptor pit is way better, my TRex has been fine and adds a big moment to the game.

#3335 4 years ago

What are the scoring differences between Pro and Premium? I thought I read something about 2x raptor jackpots that aren't on the Pro? Do the helicopter spinner blades add any scoring or strategy?

#3336 4 years ago

I’ve played the Pre a lot and really like the raptor gate and Trex head. I’d love an LE but NIB is not really an option for a fair price, concerned about losing the warranty huo, and the Pre is basically the same thing for a lot less. My main concern now is whether they have finally fixed the playfield clear problem or should I wait longer? Sorry to ask, but I had a JJPOTC with this issue.

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What are the scoring differences between Pro and Premium? I thought I read something about 2x raptor jackpots that aren't on the Pro? Do the helicopter spinner blades add any scoring or strategy?

During raptor MB you can lock a ball in the raptor pit behind the uppost for 2x scoring and I think every hit of that captive ball adds time to the 2x scoring.

#3338 4 years ago

My playfield build date 15/10 is perfect.

#3339 4 years ago

Now I want Jaws so I can sell my Star Wars premium that to with perfect playfeild build date 25/5 - 18.

#3340 4 years ago

I’ve been playing both. Pro and the LE.

Premium / LE All the way.

The T-Rex is phenomenal - Raptor pit adds soooo much more.

After playing the pro and then the LE and back to pro it feels the game is half missing on the pro.

Less to do / excitement.

#3341 4 years ago

Hello, joining the Premium club very soon. Just awaiting shipment delivery. I’ve read some of the recent posts, but not all of them. Anything out of the box I should be aware of that needs adjustment? Thank you!!

#3342 4 years ago

I'm not being sarcastic, but in what way is the T-Rex phenomenal? It "eats" the ball, moves around a bit and puts the ball on a ramp. Besides the lackluster implementation and the big box for a neck, I guess I don't understand.

And as of right now, the raptor pit is a lot different, but again, it's implementation is more of a secondary objective at this point than a main one.

This game as amazing, but everything amazing about this game is in the pro version. The premium is better, and I went premium because I think this game is that good, but I don't think I'd ever recommend someone go premium over pro on this one.

Genuinely asking, not trying to shit on your post.

Quoted from Riffbear:

The T-Rex is phenomenal - Raptor pit adds soooo much more.

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not being sarcastic, but in what way is the T-Rex phenomenal? It "eats" the ball, moves around a bit and puts the ball on a ramp. Besides the lackluster implementation and the big box for a neck, I guess I don't understand.
And as of right now, the raptor pit is a lot different, but again, it's implementation is more of a secondary objective at this point than a main one.
This game as amazing, but everything amazing about this game is in the pro version. The premium is better, and I went premium because I think this game is that good, but I don't think I'd ever recommend someone go premium over pro on this one.

That's interesting from a Pre owner. Do you prefer the flow on the Pro? No stop and go with the Trex head stationary and the raptor pit different? I think the Trex head is very cool, but can see why some don't care.

#3344 4 years ago

The T-Rex makes the game the way Rudy makes Funhouse, IMO.

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Pro. No brainer. Dino head isn’t great, raptor cage adds very little.

Exact opposite here...for the same reasons.

#3346 4 years ago

I have an LE and two months later, I can't get this T-Rex working right. Hoping Elwin does something that allows the game to recognize the shot being made without it going into the mouth. It's such a buzzkill being on the last T-Rex mission, and you're making clean shot after shot, and it just keeps bouncing out.

Feel like Stern is just slapping these things together and getting them out quicker than they should be.

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The t-Rex is likely the best interactive toy I’ve seen in pinball. Combined with the lighting, shaker and sound it’s incredibly theatric. I’m impressed the engineers at Stern made this and yet I’ve never seen anything else like it from Stern or anyone else.

Sure it doesn’t change actual gameplay, but in terms of entertainment and drawing you in to the JP world it’s brilliant.

#3348 4 years ago

I am very close to taking the plunge and buying a NIB JP. However I am still torn whether or not I should be going for pro or premium.

It seems to me that the biggest differences are ones that don’t affect gameplay too too much ie the trex. The only biggest difference is the raptor pit?

In terms of code, is it the same? Unlike other pins like GoT where there is a big difference between pro and premium?

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I am very close to taking the plunge and buying a NIB JP. However I am still torn whether or not I should be going for pro or premium.
It seems to me that the biggest differences are ones that don’t affect gameplay too too much ie the trex. The only biggest difference is the raptor pit?
In terms of code, is it the same? Unlike other pins like GoT where there is a big difference between pro and premium?

What’s this difference with the raptor pit? The pro just missing the drop down target?

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s this difference with the raptor pit? The pro just missing the drop down target?

Premium has the rising gate target and stop post. Pro has a diverter gate and exits through the control room.

Pro is easier to start but Premium gives you some scoring advantages (2x) during Raptor multiball. I think most people agree that the Premium Raptor pit is better implemented and prefer it to the Pro. It's really the only gameplay difference between the two versions. I ultimately decided that the Premium wasn't worth an extra $1600 but judging by the popularity of the Premium on Pinside I am probably in the minority.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 14.95
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/67?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.