(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 427.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

My playfield looks fish eyed. I’m just trying to go to a happy place in my mind every time I look at it

Take a pic and post it. Next time i come over there I'm bringing my magnifying glass and doing a full inspection on your playfield!

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Take a pic and post it. Next time i come over there I'm bringing my magnifying glass and doing a full inspection on your playfield!

Lol I’m just going to play the heck out of it. Nothing I can do about a couple dozen fish eyes. As long as they don’t affect my game I’m good. Who wants to change a playfield anyways! Not me

#3253 4 years ago

I’ve spent my whole life expecting perfection. It is very tiresome and irrational. As long as people are imperfect we will continue having imperfections. I really enjoy life more not caring so much! Thanks to my wife

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’ve spent my whole life expecting perfection. It is very tiresome and irrational. As long as people are imperfect we will continue having imperfections. I really enjoy life more not caring so much! Thanks to my wife

The Message for All of US this Christmas!

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

Just Got my premium today. Surprised by the blemishes though. There was so much vibration during shipment the yellow tag left powder everywhere. This can be seen in the dent mark picture below. Even the coin box was out of joint. Question??? Did you notes any pall pocks on your playfield? I guess this would be from testing? I also had a scratch (shown Pic #5).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks beyond terrible and that f-ed up playfield, how the fuck dare they send that out?

Well, i guess, if they can send out a topper that looks like something that got refused as happy meal stuff i guess this shite is right in line.

#3256 4 years ago

New code coming soon??? This was posted by Dead Flip earlier today...

deadflip (resized).JPGdeadflip (resized).JPG
#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wouldn't call it "normal" but it does happen. Although I've owned many pins in my previous go at his hobby, JP was my first NIB also so I was a bit surprised about the tweaks/"repairs" to do right out of the box but I'm comfortable working on pins so not a big deal for me.
I find too many people make a parallel with buying a car and wanting it to be perfect (mostly because of the high cost involved). I have moved on from that state of mind and accepted that this isn't a collector's item, but a commercial money making device. A better parallel would be if you went out and bought a forklift, or a dump truck. Would you expect it to be perfect? would you go over it with a magnifying glass?
Now I realize some people had major issues with the T-REX (beyond just making adjustments) and that's a different thing. Those are warranty issues and I think in most cases have been dealt with appropriately (unless you expect them to come install the parts in your home)...
As long as there are no major defects that prevents the machine from working or clearly broken items then I don't sweat it. Remember that despite the high cost, it's a choice to buy one of these things. Nobody is being coerced and it certainly isn't a necessity!

Seriously? Of course it's a choice to buy one but how is that different than 95% of any other consumer product for sale? It doesn't excuse a manufacturer from shoddy quality and QC.

No one is saying everything has to be perfect. However, paying 6-9k for a new product and expecting it not to have key parts and components that are potentially defective and will severly diminish the value/resale value of said product out of the gate and in the long term is hardly an unreasonable expectation. All people want is playfield quality on par with what it was industry wide for 20-25 years before Stern started having these issues the past 3 years or so.

Part of the problem with Stern seems to be they think they can continue to cut costs and quality control because enough pinheads will continue to buy their stuff regardless. Making excuses for their diminishing quality will hurt the hobby in the long haul. People who have relied on reasonable resale value for their NIB games will eventually stop buying when they start taking huge hits due to their defective playfields

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Seriously? Of course it's a choice to buy one but how is that different than 95% of any other consumer product for sale? It doesn't excuse a manufacturer from shoddy quality and QC.
No one is saying everything has to be perfect. However, paying 6-9k for a new product and expecting it not to have key parts and components that are potentially defective and will severly diminish the value/resale value of said product out of the gate and in the long term is hardly an unreasonable expectation. All people want is playfield quality on par with what it was industry wide for 20-25 years before Stern started having these issues the past 3 years or so.
Part of the problem with Stern seems to be they think they can continue to cut costs and quality control because enough pinheads will continue to buy their stuff regardless. Making excuses for their diminishing quality will hurt the hobby in the long haul. People who have relied on reasonable resale value for their NIB games will eventually stop buying when they start taking huge hits due to their defective playfields

I thought they resolved their playfield issues once the LEs started rolling out. Has there even been a single report of playfield issues on the JP LEs?

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Pinball machines are NOT consumer products. They are commercial money making amusement devices.. Just because us clowns buy them for our homes doesn't all of a sudden make them consumer products. Commercial operators are certainly not worried about devalued resale value. They are the real customers.

Yes this is changing but we aren't there yet.

However I believe that with the other manufacturers producing nicer quality machines this will put some pressure on Stern to wake up and smell the coffee. But keep in mind Sterns are still the lower priced NIB machines.. There's a reason.

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Pinball machines are NOT consumer products.

Oh really? If that's so then why do they make Premium and LE models and "home" versions? Also even if that were true, why cant they make a playfield without the F'ing clearcoat chipping off?? They did it 50 years ago so why cant they do it now all.of the sudden?

Sorry but you are just wrong, these games ARE made for home use s well as commercial use in today's world and they know that. Without the home collector I doubt seriously that we would have any pinball companies at all right now.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Without the home collector I doubt seriously that we would have any pinball companies at all right now.I think the home collectors drive the whole hobby. Home collectors are putting games on location more and more too.

#3262 4 years ago

Do we really need this stupid shit in the club thread? Surely one of the countless other bitch about everything threads would be better.

#3263 4 years ago

SO, since the new .96 code, my scores have decreased on the average it seems. What's everyones new highest scores on the newest .96 code??
Currently I'm having trouble breaking into the 300 million. Had a few high 200's.

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

SO, since the new .96 code, my scores have decreased on the average it seems. What's everyones new highest scores on the newest .96 code??Currently I'm having trouble breaking into the 300 million. Had a few high 200's.

Despite the scores staying with each update it's not a bad thing to reset them each time as the scoring changes with most updates.

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Pinball machines are NOT consumer products. They are commercial money making amusement devices.. Just because us clowns buy them for our homes doesn't all of a sudden make them consumer products. Commercial operators are certainly not worried about devalued resale value. They are the real customers.
Yes this is changing but we aren't there yet.
However I believe that with the other manufacturers producing nicer quality machines this will put some pressure on Stern to wake up and smell the coffee. But keep in mind Sterns are still the lower priced NIB machines.. There's a reason.

Meh. Do you really think arcades like machines going down? One of the reasons public pinball struggled was the cost to keep the machines up and running!

I'd love to see Stern improve their build quality (and agree that quality has regressed over the past 5 years), however this idea that other manufacturers are producing "nicer quality machines" hasn't been my experience. All pinball machines have issues. Stern builds considerably more machines than all the other manufacturers combined, so they are of course going to have more issues. For example, if JJP "scaled up" to Stern build rates, I believe we'd see just as many quality issues. No doubt JJP's BOM is more robust, but that is a separate issue.

#3266 4 years ago

SO, since the new .96 code, my scores have decreased on the average it seems. What's everyones new highest scores on the newest .96 code??Currently I'm having trouble breaking into the 300 million. Had a few high 200's.

Hmm I thought it was because I put these super bouncy titan rubbers on, only a couple 1 billion games since, I put them on the same day as the update but I still think the rubbers are the main reason.
Going back to super bands or perfect plays at least for flippers.

I always change out rubbers because I dont like all the crap the black ones leave but I'm still getting bad ball trails even after changing rubbers, balls, regular waxing, and cleaning all the time.

#3267 4 years ago

What a packed game!

This table is an absolute pleasure to shoot!

#3268 4 years ago

I started playing pinball earlier this year, and took delivery of my first machine a couple weeks ago! JP Pro!

IMG_4848 copy (resized).jpgIMG_4848 copy (resized).jpg
#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Hmm I thought it was because I put these super bouncy titan rubbers on, only a couple 1 billion games since, I put them on the same day as the update but I still think the rubbers are the main reason.
Going back to super bands or perfect plays at least for flippers.
I always change out rubbers because I dont like all the crap the black ones leave but I'm still getting bad ball trails even after changing rubbers, balls, regular waxing, and cleaning all the time.

Out of curiosity, did you replace all the black rubbers? Including the post sleeves? I did, and put nice shiny ninja balls in, and I've had zero ball trail or gunk issues since. I hate the black post sleeves especially.

#3270 4 years ago

Out of curiosity, did you replace all the black rubbers? Including the post sleeves? I did, and put nice shiny ninja balls in, and I've had zero ball trail or gunk issues since. I hate the black post sleeves especially.

Yep, all rubbers.

#3271 4 years ago

This seems like an interesting rule add. I'm guessing it's used via the center button. Feel like the strat will be to try and save it for T-Rex or Spiny

Screenshot_20191221-113212_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191221-113212_Twitter (resized).jpg
#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

This seems like an interesting rule add. I'm guessing it's used via the center button. Feel like the strat will be to try and save it for T-Rex or Spiny[quoted image]

Nice! That’ll be fun to try. Definitely would be good to save for those two. Especially Spiny to try to get KOTI MB.

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nice! That’ll be fun to try. Definitely would be good to save for those two. Especially Spiny to try to get KOTI MB.

For sure. With the latest code, the dinos definitely have more pep in their step. I've had Rex and Spiny both get away a couple times now. Real bummer when you get past Spiny and don't get to play KOTI

#3274 4 years ago

Does anyone have the stern instructions for the Stern amber shooter rod? I want to install but can’t seem to locate the paper instructions. Just need to see where to plug into the board?
I have an idea, but need to confirm.
Thanks

#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Does anyone have the stern instructions for the Stern amber shooter rod? I want to install but can’t seem to locate the paper instructions. Just need to see where to plug into the board?
I have an idea, but need to confirm.
Thanks

Plug into CN15

#3278 4 years ago

Looking to join the club Who makes the best helicopter blades for a pro? Could you buy this item from stern? Or the premium dinosaur behind the pen and amber pop caps?

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Looking to join the club Who makes the best helicopter blades for a pro? Could you buy this item from stern? Or the premium dinosaur behind the pen and amber pop caps?

Check out the topic photo gallery at the top of the thread. Some folks have done some great dinosaur and helicopter mods. Most were purchased from amazon. If you see a particular one you like, post that photo again here and someone will surely tell you all about it . Stern doesnt have much available yet.

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

What a packed game!
This table is an absolute pleasure to shoot!

Packed as in lots of cool shots? Agree.

Packed with toys? And cool ball interaction? On the fence there particularly with the pro. If you call up posts cool ball interaction then yes.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Packed as in lots of cool shots? Agree.
Packed with toys? And cool ball interaction? On the fence there particularly with the pro. If you call up posts cool ball interaction then yes.

I've been playing an LE and absolutely love the T-rex interaction/Modes.

Hitting the car in T-rex modes and the amount of shots in the game are sensational. It immerses you into the game very well, especially with the Shaker Motor. It looks packed compared to many others. Could be all the steel and wire form ramps that make it look busy I guess.

This game is really addictive and has allot going on. 4 ramp entrances is just brilliant.
The sounds are superb.

Very well thought out and a blast to play.

#3282 4 years ago

Those of you that have done rubber replacement...I put Titans on, they're great but have a problem with one part.

On the right side, top rubber right next to the S shot, the top post is so close to the metal ball guide that it cut into the Titan and broke it before I had the guide screwed back down. I noticed that the black Stern rubber also was cut a bit also.

What did other folks do with that particular rubber?

#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Those of you that have done rubber replacement...I put Titans on, they're great but have a problem with one part.
On the right side, top rubber right next to the S shot, the top post is so close to the metal ball guide that it cut into the Titan and broke it before I had the guide screwed back down. I noticed that the black Stern rubber also was cut a bit also.
What did other folks do with that particular rubber?

I had to loosen the metal guide, push it out of the way a bit. Install the rubber, then move the guide back into place. No issues since. I damaged the first ring I tried also.

#3284 4 years ago

I stole this post from the Premium/le thread. Hope this helps[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I finally shimmed my loop optos with the #4 washers and my first upper loop still missed. Right loop has been good so far. I need to play some more to see how bad it is still, but with how hard these shots are, it's super frustrating.

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I finally shimmed my loop optos with the #4 washers and my first upper loop still missed. Right loop has been good so far. I need to play some more to see how bad it is still, but with how hard these shots are, it's super frustrating.

The only shot that misses on mine is the TRex ramp. Stinks to hit the skill shot and not get anything for it. I've poked around but haven't been able to figure out a cause or a fix

#3286 4 years ago

I had to loosen the metal guide, push it out of the way a bit. Install the rubber, then move the guide back into place. No issues since. I damaged the first ring I tried also.

That's exactly what I did, but when I tightened the guide back down it slit the band. Seems like the Titan actually fails faster when compromised versus the standard Stern rubber.

I'm thinking I might try and file the metal guide corners a bit to round the edge so it's not so sharp?

#3287 4 years ago

Yikes! Mine looked great upon arrival. Was the shipping box damaged in any way?

No, no shipping box damage at all.

Quoted from cpr9999:

If that is the playfield clear - dang I would send it back immediately. Call distributor ASAP.

Quoted from fooflighter:

That clear looks terrible...something definitely wrong there...how did that get by QC??? I'd be sending that back asap

They told me to hang on to it until they can get a new one. The present batch is sold out so it looks like the middle of February. That also said they would send me a " Stranger Things Premium if I wanted it instead. I'm not sold on that idea.

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

They told me to hang on to it until they can get a new one. The present batch is sold out so it looks like the middle of February. That also said they would send me a " Stranger Things Premium if I wanted it instead. I'm not sold on that idea.

Hopefully you can play the damaged one just fine till then!

I wouldn't do the Stranger Things trade simply because of that fan layout... probably shoots nice but I think the variety of shots in JP is what sets it apart from the rest of the pack. Just my two cents worth.

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

Good to hear! Stick with JP.

The thing that I just do not understand- with all the playfield scrutiny going on - how this would ever leave the factory. Common Stern - check these playfields!!!!

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

I wouldn't swap either. The big ugly plant vagina or swollen anus thing behind the curtain or wall on Strange Things is hideous. I'd be too scared to even play one. Play your JP and let them swap later for a new one.

...The plant vagina on Stranger Things will take a lot of hits - it might be even more prone to chipping than a playfield is ...

Dinosaurs are friendly looking compared to that thing

#3291 4 years ago

The only shot that misses on mine is the TRex ramp. Stinks to hit the skill shot and not get anything for it. I've poked around but haven't been able to figure out a cause or a fix

You have to try shimming, it has worked for a bunch of us.

#3292 4 years ago

That's exactly what I did, but when I tightened the guide back down it slit the band. Seems like the Titan actually fails faster when compromised versus the standard Stern rubber.
I'm thinking I might try and file the metal guide corners a bit to round the edge so it's not so sharp?

I was just going to suggest that. Perhaps rounding the edge.

#3293 4 years ago

@heyitsjoebob This might be your issue with the T-Rex ramp, I've not had a single miss since I did this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5334805

#3294 4 years ago

Anyone heard any news about Sterns side rails or topper? Thanks

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I wouldn't spend too much time looking into it. This is addressed in the next code update.

#3296 4 years ago

What Mr. Elwin said

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone heard any news about Sterns side rails or topper? Thanks

Have not heard anything in near future from distributor so in the mean time added an original DE topper to dress it up

IMG_0149 (resized).jpgIMG_0149 (resized).jpg
#3298 4 years ago

I just brought home my first pin... aJP Pro.
I got it set up but I have a question... I received a large rectangular sticker with all my stuff... what is that for? There are a bunch of other plastic bits that look like replacement targets etc.

I’m planning to try a few mods... maybe a shaker motor and a couple of cosmetic upgrades.... will be fun to get into this hobby with a great game

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

I got it set up but I have a question... I received a large rectangular sticker with all my stuff... what is that for? There are a bunch of other plastic bits that look like replacement targets etc.
I’m planning to try a few mods... maybe a shaker motor and a couple of cosmetic upgrades.... will be fun to get into this hobby with a great game

The plastic bits are candy

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Sticker? Like what? Clear? Or with artwork on it? What dimensions? Congratulations on your first pin! You picked one hell of a good title to begin with!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,999.99
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/66?hl=frboisvert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.