New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,638 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by RGAires
  • Topic is favorited by 347 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,488 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201028_225923 (resized).jpg
20201028_225926 (resized).jpg
20201028_225915 (resized).jpg
20201028_225850 (resized).jpg
20201028_225917 (resized).jpg
ImmenseFearlessCockatiel-size_restricted.gif
122474089_404356294064702_3442873618017709837_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
AB1ECB6E-75CF-4D00-9A6B-C98B3E516F91 (resized).jpeg
Jurassic Park - Challenge (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201023-081248_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Message_1603378682618 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8665 (resized).JPG
IMG_8664 (resized).JPG
2020-10-19 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7638 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 153.
#3201 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Does anyone know what I can do so that shots from the left flipper make it past the spinner and around to the upper flipper?

Mine does the same thing. I think it's just too tight a turn for hard shots to pass clean through. It's more like the ball is hitting the back rail head-on than gliding into the curve.

#3202 10 months ago

Thanks for the reply. I want the game playing as intended, even if it's not advantageous to my score

Quoted from Breger1:

Why don't you want them in the pops? Most of the time I want it going to the pops...start chaos, backend missile shot, add-a-ball during chaos, amber pops, etc.. This is one of the few games where ball in the pops has absolutely zero risk for a SDTM or bad deflection.

#3203 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks for the reply. I want the game playing as intended, even if it's not advantageous to my score

But , perhaps that is what is intended?

#3204 10 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

But , perhaps that is what is intended?

I think it is.
Otherwise the only way into the pops would be the smart missle shot, or a sad orbit shot.

#3205 10 months ago

Anyone know where I plug in the Stern shooter rod? Many thanks!

#3206 10 months ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

The node board on the left side of the cab. A couple plugs over from where the shaker motor plugs in

#3207 10 months ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

CN15 on the cabinet node board that jon9508 mentioned.

#3208 10 months ago

If it’s happening to everyone, that’s how it is. But it doesn’t seem like the intention.

Maybe?

Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think it is.
Otherwise the only way into the pops would be the smart missle shot, or a sad orbit shot.

#3209 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm having a hell of a time dialing in the center loop shot, the one with the spinner.
Shots from the right flipper are generally good, ball hits the spinner, goes past the gate and usually ends up on the upper flipper. Not all the time, but most.
However, shots from the left flipper, clunk and die and end up in the pops almost all the time.
I did adjust the gate, i saw that was an issue on some games, but not this one. I flipped the gate up and it stayed in the up position, so I was able to take that out of the equation.
I see very little that will affect this shot. Does it work for anyone? Does anyone know what I can do so that shots from the left flipper make it past the spinner and around to the upper flipper?

What flipper rubber are you using...I was getting play like that with Titans and Superbands... Put the red rubber back on, much smoother ball entry and less spin on the ball... Found more shots looping as opposed to bricking

#3210 10 months ago

Anyone else noticing a bug when they lock a ball into the raptor pen (premium model)? There are times when I’ll capture a ball, and then instead of a new ball being ejected, it acts like the ball drained and bonus is collected.

#3211 10 months ago
Quoted from wilder828:

Anyone else noticing a bug when they lock a ball into the raptor pen (premium model)? There are times when I’ll capture a ball, and then instead of a new ball being ejected, it acts like the ball drained and bonus is collected.

Are you on the current (.96) code?

#3212 10 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Are you on the current (.96) code?

Yes. I've only had it a couple weeks though. I upgraded to .95 during the unboxing and then .96 when it came out.

#3213 10 months ago
Quoted from wilder828:

Yes. I've only had it a couple weeks though. I upgraded to .95 during the unboxing and then .96 when it came out.

Sounds like a trough error maybe? I haven't seen any mentions of any major bugs since the last update.

#3214 10 months ago
Quoted from wilder828:

I do believe i read that it's a known bug in the software. Or, maybe that was on the .95?? And .96 supposedly corrected it?

#3215 10 months ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

What do you mean? Can you share a pic?

It’s hard to get a good picture. Looks worse in person lol. Most of the dino arrows have it. Some rescue. Round inserts aren’t as bad.

2450500D-ADF3-4171-8CBE-36B4848A2602 (resized).jpeg
#3216 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s hard to get a good picture. Looks worse in person lol. Most of the dino arrows have it. Some rescue. Round inserts aren’t as bad.[quoted image]

Mine had that right out of the box. It's like a faint spider web effect, or like the plastic itself has lots of micro cracks in it. It's not in the clear coat, just the inserts themselves. Since it's just the clear dinosaur inserts. I figured it was just an intentional frosted look on the clear inserts. I havnt noticed it getting any worse.

#3217 10 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Mine had that right out of the box. It's like a faint spider web effect, or like the plastic itself has lots of micro cracks in it. It's not in the clear coat, just the inserts themselves. Since it's just the clear dinosaur inserts. I figured it was just an intentional frosted look on the clear inserts. I havnt noticed it getting any worse.

Yes I don't worry or care about that. Someone asked for pics because they were concerned about insert "cracking". Pretty sure they meant the crazing we see. It's pretty common.

You can also see the PF wood grain in the clearcoat in my pic. Once again.. Don't care. It's not wearing and it's not a priceless piece of art. It's a pinball machine... lol.

#3218 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes I don't worry or care about that. Someone asked for pics because they were concerned about insert "cracking". Pretty sure they meant the crazing we see. It's pretty common.
You can also see the PF wood grain in the clearcoat in my pic. Once again.. Don't care. It's not wearing and it's not a priceless piece of art. It's a pinball machine... lol.

Exactly, I'm not concerned with it either. Now, if the inserts fall out, that's another story altogether LOL

#3219 10 months ago

Anyone had issues with your right flipper since the new code update? It is like my slightly loses hold power now. I checked it out physically and everything seems okay, just get a little drop when the flipper is up and hit by a ball coming downward.

Also, I have had an issue where the GI lights for the lower left side of the playfield have a tendency to go out...I haven't been able to correlate it to any specific instance, and a reboot brings them back every time. Anyone else?

#3220 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It was me that brought up the question initially. It is crazing, and some of my inserts look just like what you
posted. I'm still learning these sorts of details as I'm getting deeper into the hobby and didn't know crazing is somewhat normal.

JP is my first NIB table, and with the other reported JP playfield issues combined with not seeing this on my other two tables, I was concerned this was a bigger issue than it really is. I'm a player, not a collector, I'm just doing my best to take care of my pins and learning as I go...

#3221 10 months ago
Quoted from Caviel:

It was me that brought up the question initially. It is crazing, and some of my inserts look just like what you

posted. I'm still learning these sorts of details as I'm getting deeper into the hobby and didn't know crazing is somewhat normal.
JP is my first NIB table, and with the other reported JP playfield issues combined with not seeing this on my other two tables, I was concerned this was a bigger issue than it really is. I'm a player, not a collector, I'm just doing my best to take care of my pins and learning as I go...

Crazing can occur from the belt sander that is used before the playfield is printed (Mirco) or silk screened (CGC). It varies between games and is annoying but not a problem mechanically.

#3222 10 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone had issues with your right flipper since the new code update? It is like my slightly loses hold power now. I checked it out physically and everything seems okay, just get a little drop when the flipper is up and hit by a ball coming downward.
Also, I have had an issue where the GI lights for the lower left side of the playfield have a tendency to go out...I haven't been able to correlate it to any specific instance, and a reboot brings them back every time. Anyone else?

That is most likely a blown out coil stop. I had to replace the coil stops on my jp both right flippers very early on, less than 300 plays i believe. I had one coil stop blow out in my deadpool less than 150 plays. But after replacing DP has gone 1500+ still strong. And JP about 2.5k still strong.

#3223 10 months ago
Quoted from Caviel:

I wouldn't call it "normal" but it does happen. Although I've owned many pins in my previous go at his hobby, JP was my first NIB also so I was a bit surprised about the tweaks/"repairs" to do right out of the box but I'm comfortable working on pins so not a big deal for me.

I find too many people make a parallel with buying a car and wanting it to be perfect (mostly because of the high cost involved). I have moved on from that state of mind and accepted that this isn't a collector's item, but a commercial money making device. A better parallel would be if you went out and bought a forklift, or a dump truck. Would you expect it to be perfect? would you go over it with a magnifying glass?

Now I realize some people had major issues with the T-REX (beyond just making adjustments) and that's a different thing. Those are warranty issues and I think in most cases have been dealt with appropriately (unless you expect them to come install the parts in your home)...

As long as there are no major defects that prevents the machine from working or clearly broken items then I don't sweat it. Remember that despite the high cost, it's a choice to buy one of these things. Nobody is being coerced and it certainly isn't a necessity!

#3224 10 months ago

I actually don’t seem to have too many issues hitting the spinner shot, what I am finding is it not getting registered all the time. It seems the spinner is the only sensor and many of my shots make it past without actually spinning it. Has anyone had to adjust it? If so how?

#3225 10 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

That is most likely a blown out coil stop. I had to replace the coil stops on my jp both right flippers very early on, less than 300 plays i believe. I had one coil stop blow out in my deadpool less than 150 plays. But after replacing DP has gone 1500+ still strong. And JP about 2.5k still strong.

100% correct, worse blowout I've seen, the thing wasn't just loose it was completely gone.

#3226 10 months ago

Joined the club last week...Got a JP2Prem...Wow; love this game, so unique...Digging into it; going to be playing this for a long time I think.

#3227 10 months ago

Most of the time, fixing machines is easy. Dialing in a pinball, especially a NIB, is an art and can takes weeks or months depending on how many plays you get on it.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

JP was my first NIB also so I was a bit surprised about the tweaks/"repairs" to do right out of the box but I'm comfortable working on pins so not a big deal for me.

#3228 10 months ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

I actually don’t seem to have too many issues hitting the spinner shot, what I am finding is it not getting registered all the time. It seems the spinner is the only sensor and many of my shots make it past without actually spinning it. Has anyone had to adjust it? If so how?

I noticed something similar. I might be wrong, but before one of the recent code updates I think every turn of the spinner would register the lane as being hit and clear the lit arrow. Then after an update it seemed like it changed and now a weak shot from the upper part of left flipper that goes past the spinner but maybe only spins it a couple times no longer counts as a shot to clear a lit arrow on that lane.

#3229 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I noticed something similar. I might be wrong, but before one of the recent code updates I think every turn of the spinner would register the lane as being hit and clear the lit arrow. Then after an update it seemed like it changed and now a weak shot from the upper part of left flipper that goes past the spinner but maybe only spins it a couple times no longer counts as a shot to clear a lit arrow on that lane.

This is my experience as well (premium).

#3230 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Quoted from Lounge:

This is my experience as well (premium).

Ditto - just after one of the recent code updates (premium as well)

#3231 10 months ago

Just Got my premium today. Surprised by the blemishes though. There was so much vibration during shipment the yellow tag left powder everywhere. This can be seen in the dent mark picture below. Even the coin box was out of joint. Question??? Did you notes any pall pocks on your playfield? I guess this would be from testing? I also had a scratch (shown Pic #5).

20191219_140056 (resized).jpg20191219_151400 (resized).jpg20191219_151353 (resized).jpg20191219_150334 (resized).jpg20191219_153204 (resized).jpg20191219_153935 (resized).jpg
#3232 10 months ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

Just Got my premium today. Surprised by the blemishes though. There was so much vibration during shipment the yellow tag left powder everywhere. This can be seen in the dent mark picture below. Even the coin box was out of joint. Question??? Did you notes any pall pocks on your playfield? I guess this would be from testing? I also had a scratch (shown Pic #5).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes! Mine looked great upon arrival. Was the shipping box damaged in any way?

#3233 10 months ago

Was that a show game sent back to Stern and reboxed?

#3234 10 months ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

Just Got my premium today. Surprised by the blemishes though. There was so much vibration during shipment the yellow tag left powder everywhere. This can be seen in the dent mark picture below. Even the coin box was out of joint. Question??? Did you notes any pall pocks on your playfield? I guess this would be from testing? I also had a scratch (shown Pic #5).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If that is the playfield clear - dang I would send it back immediately. Call distributor ASAP.

#3235 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I agree the software is contributing, but I literally hit that shot four times in a row without it acknowledging the rescue. It’s starting to piss me off

#3236 10 months ago

I agree the software is contributing, but I literally hit that shot four times in a row without it acknowledging the rescue. It’s starting to piss me off

Gotta be optic or switch malfunction. I'd inspect everything very closely. Start a game with the glass off and roll a ball through there multiple times. Fast, slow, straight through, diagonal, etc.... see if you can pick up on any patterns or switches not registering. That will at least point you in the right direction.

#3237 10 months ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

What is happening for that clearcoat? I don't even know if its orange peel or what the hell is going on?

#3238 10 months ago

That clear looks terrible...something definitely wrong there...how did that get by QC??? I'd be sending that back asap

#3239 10 months ago

Looks like orange peel to me.

#3240 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That clear looks terrible...something definitely wrong there...how did that get by QC??? I'd be sending that back asap

I’m beginning to doubt there is even QC process at Stern.

472107EA-429D-4551-9635-682DE0904541 (resized).jpeg
#3241 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m beginning to doubt there is even QC process at Stern.[quoted image]

I just don't get it, i really don't. I am totally afraid to buy right now.

#3242 10 months ago

Mine was doing this. Ended up being the switch. It needed to be adjusted. Hard hits wouldnt register but the softer hits would.

#3243 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So don't.. Or get one on the used market...

There are thousands of games out there. A fairly small portion of them have major issues.

#3244 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kinda feel the same who, but to be fair to Stern they just sorted me out again with an issue I had, so far they are 3 for 3 dealing with and sorting issues I’ve had so as much as it’s a gamble when it comes to opening a NIB, I do feel Stern would put me right, but it’s a hell of a gamble each time

#3245 10 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I had the same issue with upper flipper when getting hit and dropping while held.

#3246 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m beginning to doubt there is even QC process at Stern.[quoted image]

I'll let everyone decide who is who in this hypothetical conversation.

No disintergration (resized).jpg
#3247 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who is this guy!?!?

How’s it going TR?

#3249 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s hard to get a good picture. Looks worse in person lol. Most of the dino arrows have it. Some rescue. Round inserts aren’t as bad.[quoted image]

What that looks like is sanding marks. The inserts are glued in place then the pf is put thru a sanding process to level the pf before printing the art work.
if the sanding belt is clogged or needs to be changed the belt heats up and leaves marks on the plastic inserts.

#3250 10 months ago

My playfield looks fish eyed. I’m just trying to go to a happy place in my mind every time I look at it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 7638 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 153.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside