(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 426.
#3151 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I already tried adjusting the switches, but it's hard to tell when they're right when it works all the time in test. Anybody find anything else about these?

It sounds like you need to take a look at the optos, not the switches. Air balls going by at higher speeds may not block enough of the opto signal and the loops don't register.

There's a few posts in the Premium/LE thread on this issue. Have you seen or tried either the tape strip methodof blocking the lower part of the metal guide openings or shimming the optos higher
on the mounting brackets with washers?

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

works. Maybe the Dilophosaurus spitting sound during the replay animation combines with the "beep kicker" sound on a single track which gets over-processed with a temporary kicker volume increase. The music track seemed ok in the audio background, just temporarily louder like everything else.

I get a significant increase in volume when the Raptor Multiball is ready to go (Gate flashing). The raptor music is unbearably loud and everything else also. I usually try to start it quick just to get the volume back down to normal.

#3153 4 years ago

Has anyone received their replacement play fields yet?

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I think some have, may want to read through the main PF issue related thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Still waiting on mine to ship. I asked a few weeks ago and told they were back order.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Still waiting on mine to ship. I asked a few weeks ago and told they were back order.

Same

#3157 4 years ago

In case you missed it, Dead Flip had Bowen on last night playing JP Pro. He was there for 2+ hours (they ordered pizza in the middle) and it was AWESOME. Jack was pointing out rules to him as he was blowing it up - he posted 2+ billion point scores TWICE, and hit all the major modes (KOTI, Visitor Center, Secure Control Room, Invalid Frenzy, Museum Mayhem). I loved that Jack had a “hands cam” showing the front part of the cabinet to highlight his amazing nudging abilities. And the left outlane death save was pretty spectacular.

The recording should be available on Twitch and will likely get posted to YouTube soon. I highly recommend watching it.

#3158 4 years ago

Anyone know when Stern might be restocking the Amber Shooter Knob?

Been "out off stock" for weeks.

#3159 4 years ago

I was told there would be 1 shipment arriving in December, and that supply was extremely limited...
Of course, this could change, but that was what I was told in person.

#3160 4 years ago

Can someone please point me towards installation instructions for Mezel Mods Raptor tower?
Nevermind, tracked it down! https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036241633-Raptor-Lookout-Tower

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was told there would be 1 shipment arriving in December, and that supply was extremely limited...
Of course, this could change, but that was what I was told in person.

Have you been checking Stern’s website everyday?

#3162 4 years ago

Just got my first brand new pinball machine today. JP premium and noticing after playing a few games it seems there needs a lot of adjustment with wire ramp on right side and a upper flipper post is out of adjustment where when the ball comes down it nails the post and heads for the left bumper instead. Any tricks/tips for things that need adjustment out of the box? Not sure how to adjust these things

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Have you been checking Stern’s website everyday?

No, I have one, but on behalf of others, I asked the right people.

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from Jolt:

Just got my first brand new pinball machine today. JP premium and noticing after playing a few games it seems there needs a lot of adjustment with wire ramp on right side and a upper flipper post is out of adjustment where when the ball comes down it nails the post and heads for the left bumper instead. Any tricks/tips for things that need adjustment out of the box? Not sure how to adjust these things

Are you talking about the ball coming down the guide rail and kissing the upper flipper post? That is by design to prevent SDTM ball drains when things get really crazy in Chaos...most of the time you are anticipating that shot and usually can hit it before it makes it to the post...but once you've got 6 balls in play, if you didn't have that post there (not to mentioon protecting the flipper), you'd be draining a ton..

Mine does the same and the upper flipper is purposely offset into the S lane slightly to allow this..all the top down view videos show this type of action as well released by Stern and streamers

If this isn't what you are talking about, disregard

Start watching at 2:15:40 at 2:15:47 you'll see a ball come around the ramp...he's flipping the upper but misses and you'll see the ball hit the post and go to the left sling.

Depending on the speed, the ball will go to the sling, left flipper, or even to the top bumper sling area, worst case to the outlane...

You can adjust the flipper angle and play with what you like though...I tried aligning it at one point so I'd get a smooth roll off but it resulted in tons of drains and made it really hard to hit the tower and upper orbit...went back to the factory setting

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Are you talking about the ball coming down the guide rail and kissing the upper flipper post? That is by design to prevent SDTM ball drains when things get really crazy in Chaos...most of the time you are anticipating that shot and usually can hit it before it makes it to the post...but once you've got 6 balls in play, if you didn't have that post there (not to mentioon protecting the flipper), you'd be draining a ton..
Mine does the same and the upper flipper is purposely offset into the S lane slightly to allow this..all the top down view videos show this type of action as well released by Stern and streamers
Start watching at 2:15:40 at 2:15:47 you'll see a ball come around the ramp...he's flipping the upper but misses and you'll see the ball hit the post and go to the left sling.
Depending on the speed, the ball will go to the sling, left flipper, or even to the top bumper sling area, worst case to the outlane...
You can adjust the flipper angle and play with what you like though...I tried aligning it at one point so I'd get a smooth roll off but it resulted in tons of drains and made it really hard to hit the tower and upper orbit...went back to the factory setting

Thank you! The only other issue I’m running into is the ball keeps getting stuck in the helicopter blades. I’ve only had maybe 15 games and it’s been stuck where I’ve had to remove the glass 3 times, it gets jammed in there and won’t allow it to come out even with shaking machine.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Jolt:

Thank you! The only other issue I’m running into is the ball keeps getting stuck in the helicopter blades. I’ve only had maybe 15 games and it’s been stuck where I’ve had to remove the glass 3 times, it gets jammed in there and won’t allow it to come out even with shaking machine.

see this post, it may help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5339641

#3167 4 years ago

You’re awesome, that was it. Does stern not check these things at the factory or what? As a sidenote, where do I find free play cards for the game?

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from Jolt:

You’re awesome, that was it. Does stern not check these things at the factory or what? As a sidenote, where do I find free play cards for the game?

They're churning these things out rapid pace...Unfortunately the QC needs some polish...luckily they are usually just a screw here a resecure there...

There are some free play apron cards here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5151222 although the don't say Free play on them

#3169 4 years ago

UPDATE: SOLD
I have a Shooter Rod and Tilt Graphics art blades that I will not be installing in my game. $85 for the pair shipped to anywhere in US. PM me if you want them. I can ship today.
Jim
IMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpgIMG_1566 (resized).jpgIMG_1566 (resized).jpg

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What exactly is factory setting? Where in relation to the middle dot, should the end of the flipper be located?

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What exactly is factory setting? Where in relation to the middle dot, should the end of the flipper be located?

I should have specified.. Sorry.. Factory seems to be with the flipper rubber just below the dot.. the flipper extends slightly into the S lane... This can vary I've found though based on your degree incline... This is how I have mine set for 7 deg.. you can fine tweak it pulling the glass and adjusting the flipper position doing multiple rolls until you are happy with the travel off the guide rail

Here's a couple shots of mine

20191211_214127 (resized).jpg20191211_214127 (resized).jpg20191211_214224 (resized).jpg20191211_214224 (resized).jpg
#3172 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I stole this post from the Premium/le thread. Hope this helps

Thanks, will be giving this a try.

#3173 4 years ago

Anyone having sound issues possibly related to .96 code? It sounds very mono even at 25 sound level....lots of base and voices are not crisp.

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

Anyone having sound issues possibly related to .96 code? It sounds very mono even at 25 sound level....lots of base and voices are not crisp.

I have noticed this as well.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

My only sound issue has been there for 0.95 also is the super loud volume for the raptor mutliball ready music.

Did you confirm that your backbox speaker setting is 8 ohms? It may have been changed to 4... Go to the Service Menu. It's in UTIL. Scroll right to VOL and check the settings.

#3176 4 years ago

The post by my upper flipper is super loose.

Is this just an easy tighten from the bottom fix, or something else?

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The post by my upper flipper is super loose.
Is this just an easy tighten from the bottom fix, or something else?

Its a common issue it seems. Some people use locktite and get good results. Stern has a modified post, i contacted them about it and they mailed me one. I however had to modify there's as it didn't fit. The instructions said to put a washer on the bottom but the flipper plate didn't fit like that, so i put both washers on the upper playfield and its holding strong for 2+ weeks now.

#3178 4 years ago

Less than 200 plays. Paid a premium to get a premium, did not receive premium parts. Good thing I live 15 minutes from Pinball Life.

C8C1CB80-A592-4DC4-A873-A23AD3E21561 (resized).jpegC8C1CB80-A592-4DC4-A873-A23AD3E21561 (resized).jpeg

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Less than 200 plays. Paid a premium to get a premium, did not receive premium parts. Good thing I live 15 minutes from Pinball Life.
[quoted image]

That sucks. In my own head I've slotted all the Pin manufacturers in with the likes of Ducati motorcycles. Mass produced, but lots of human involved, occasional supplier issues causing consistent part failures, some more drastic than others. If a "Honda" equivalent manufacturer ever comes along, Stern is toast.

#3180 4 years ago

Replacing every stop in the game is a waste of time and money, but buying one to have on hand just in case with your next pinball order probably isn't a terrible idea.

Quoted from yancy:

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Replacing every stop in the game is a waste of time and money, but buying one to have on hand just in case with your next pinball order probably isn't a terrible idea.

I agree. They're so cheap, I bought 4 or 5 just to have on hand. I also buy extra rubber of every size I need in the correct colors, along with an assortment of springs, optos, etc.... That way, if something fails, maybe I can fix it on the spot. With these type parts, the shipping usually costs more than the part

#3182 4 years ago

Does anybody have a compiled list of adjustments they make right out of the box?

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

Got the exact same issue on my pro after like 50 games.
Distro sent me 2 coil stops.

20191203_123846 (resized).jpg20191203_123846 (resized).jpg
#3184 4 years ago

I ordered a JP pro a couple weeks ago and the distributor says he can’t get any out of Stern right now. Is there anywhere to check on estimated manufacturing/ship date of more Pros?

#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

I ordered a JP pro a couple weeks ago and the distributor says he can’t get any out of Stern right now. Is there anywhere to check on estimated manufacturing/ship date of more Pros?

I'd call Stern directly. They arent difficult to get ahold of like some companies. Just give them a ring, I'm sure they can give you some sort of an eta.

#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Does anybody have a compiled list of adjustments they make right out of the box?

I usyally just set the machine up, and look for anything obvious first. If nothing jumps out as needing adjustments, I play the hell out of it and see if any issues arise. Same process for a used machine.

#3187 4 years ago

Who is still waiting on a premium?
Ordered first week in august from Cointaker...............

#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Same here, I put a deposit down with my local distributor nearly 4 weeks ago and I still don't have an ETA from Stern, despite them asking several times.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Who is still waiting on a premium?
Ordered first week in august from Cointaker...............

Quoted from accidental:

Same here, I put a deposit down with my local distributor nearly 4 weeks ago and I still don't have an ETA from Stern, despite them asking several times.

Try calling Stern directly. They are pretty easy to reach, and I've found them to be quite helpful when I've called personally.

#3190 4 years ago

Last night I got to museum mayhem and managed to make one shot and then drain.

Such a great machine and tons of fun!

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

Is this the stop that people are ordering from pinball life?
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Is this the stop that people are ordering from pinball life?

Yup.

#3193 4 years ago

Anyone else seeing cracking in some of the PF inserts?

#3194 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

my LE has crazing yes

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

What do you mean? Can you share a pic?

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I will

#3197 4 years ago

Honestly, don’t know why PF protectors aren’t put on all machines. They stop PF ghosting or crazing as mentioned above. I install them before playing the first ball. However worth installing even if you’ve played a bunch. Keeps PF in better condition and the new very thin ones from Germany do not affect game play.

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

my LE has crazing yes

TIL this insert cracking has an official term...

Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Not a good one at present, but I can take a picture after I get home from work. It is crazing, and seems to be on a few inserts. I have a feeling this isn't something Stern will be willing to address.

#3199 4 years ago

I'm having a hell of a time dialing in the center loop shot, the one with the spinner.

Shots from the right flipper are generally good, ball hits the spinner, goes past the gate and usually ends up on the upper flipper. Not all the time, but most.

However, shots from the left flipper, clunk and die and end up in the pops almost all the time.

I did adjust the gate, i saw that was an issue on some games, but not this one. I flipped the gate up and it stayed in the up position, so I was able to take that out of the equation.

I see very little that will affect this shot. Does it work for anyone? Does anyone know what I can do so that shots from the left flipper make it past the spinner and around to the upper flipper?

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm having a hell of a time dialing in the center loop shot, the one with the spinner.
Shots from the right flipper are generally good, ball hits the spinner, goes past the gate and usually ends up on the upper flipper. Not all the time, but most.
However, shots from the left flipper, clunk and die and end up in the pops almost all the time.
I did adjust the gate, i saw that was an issue on some games, but not this one. I flipped the gate up and it stayed in the up position, so I was able to take that out of the equation.
I see very little that will affect this shot. Does it work for anyone? Does anyone know what I can do so that shots from the left flipper make it past the spinner and around to the upper flipper?

Why don't you want them in the pops? Most of the time I want it going to the pops...start chaos, backend missile shot, add-a-ball during chaos, amber pops, etc.. This is one of the few games where ball in the pops has absolutely zero risk for a SDTM or bad deflection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/64?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.