(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 427.
#3101 4 years ago

Here's a couple pics of my pteradon over the loop

20191206_001551 (resized).jpg20191206_001551 (resized).jpg20191206_001637 (resized).jpg20191206_001637 (resized).jpg
#3102 4 years ago

Yeahh, love those Pteranodon mods.

Here my two Pteranodons.

20191206_150422 (resized).jpg20191206_150422 (resized).jpg20191206_150518 (resized).jpg20191206_150518 (resized).jpg
#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That feeling when there's new code but you can't find your thumb drive anywhere even though you used it less than two weeks ago.
[quoted image]

It’s in the back box from the last code update.

#3104 4 years ago

Quoted from estrader:It’s in the back box from the last code update.

Where else would it be?

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

- Enter Initials - updated font colors and sizes

To be honest, THIS is what I'm glad they finally changed. Not even kidding.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

It looks like it is jumping over the opto on the way in and then triggering on the way out. check out this post I made earlier.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/62#post-5321884

Today ive played around 4 hours Dindt change anything yet. Now it's around 7 of 10 rexs eat the ball when in comes in hard. Rex always redirects an slower ball.

Start thinking that this is just how it should be and that nothing is wrong, think no one has a 10/10 when the ball hits the t-rex?

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

To be honest, THIS is what I'm glad they finally changed. Not even kidding.

I agree! So much better than before

#3108 4 years ago

First batch of Barbasol can mod delivered. Working on batch #2

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Great placement.
Where does the figure come from and how did you mount it?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WSCY1D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00
$7 with prime shipping.

Just adhesive. Feet hook onto the back plastics and wing gets and adhesive dot to the Pteranodon sign. Easiest and cheapest mod to do.

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

It’s in the back box from the last code update.

I wish!

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Where else would it be?

Once I started thinking like a toddler, I found it in the potted base of a mini xmas tree in my home office. You can imagine how many places I looked before I got that desperate.

In hindsight, my time would've been better spent driving to the store and spending a whopping seven bucks to replace it.

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

amazon.com link
$7 with prime shipping.
Just adhesive. Feet hook onto the back plastics and wing gets and adhesive dot to the Pteranodon sign. Easiest and cheapest mod to do.

Pteranodons are cool, but did you see Velociraptor Gary on the same page? Gary is the man.
Gary.pngGary.png

#3112 4 years ago

Wellllll...... SHIT.... I just installed LE .96 code onto my pro, and managed to wipe out all my high scores and settings in the process.

#3113 4 years ago

Wellllll...... SHIT.... I just installed LE .96 code onto my pro, and managed to wipe out all my high scores and settings in the process.

Shouldn't matter, code is different, so scores are irrelevant to the new code anyhow as it scores different, mode times changed, etc.

#3114 4 years ago

Is it just me, or do the dinos move a hell of a lot faster in .96? It's actually kind of welcome on the first level herbivores, but man, t-rex paddock is basically unplayably fast for me now. Unless I'm imagining things of course.

Might be fun for someone who can string together 5-6 shots in a row on that tight layout without missing, but if you brick at all, it's a rescue slaughter.

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Shouldn't matter, code is different, so scores are irrelevant to the new code anyhow as it scores different, mode times changed, etc.

It definitely mattered. When I powered the game up with the LE code, it was no longer on free play, and all high scores were reset to default HOWEVER, I downloaded the .96 PRO code, and installed that, and all my settings and high scores returned!!! Happy day!!

#3116 4 years ago

It definitely mattered. When I powered the game up with the LE code, it was no longer on free play, and all high scores were reset to default HOWEVER, I downloaded the .96 PRO code, and installed that, and all my settings and high scores returned!!! Happy day!!

Even though the settings are supposed to save automatically in the code update, I always save them separately first to a USB right before doing the update. That way if something unexpected happens I still have them to reload.

#3117 4 years ago

I updated the code today on my Pro and was able to keep the settings and scores.

However, at the end of one game the volume went up super loud and crackled for 5 seconds. It only did it once out of the ten games I played. Hopefully the issue doesn't come back.

#3118 4 years ago

The jaw of my T-Rex is leaning a bit to the left on the ramp.

Can I change the bias to correct this? If so, how? There Is a setting for left and right, and then + and -.

I'm very confused!

Why not just have T-Rex alignment and then give one option to go left or right?!?

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The jaw of my T-Rex is leaning a bit to the left on the ramp.
Can I change the bias to correct this? If so, how? There Is a setting for left and right, and then + and -.
I'm very confused!
Why not just have T-Rex alignment and then give one option to go left or right?!?

I believe there's a pretty good explanation of adjustments over in the LE/premium group listed in the Key Posts. I think...

#3120 4 years ago

Just updated to .96 on my Pro. Raptor cage is not scoring but all switches work in test mode. Hmmm....

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Just updated to .96 on my Pro. Raptor cage is not scoring but all switches work in test mode. Hmmm....

You used the pro code right Tim? I'd try downloading and installing it again anyway.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You used the pro code right Tim? I'd try downloading and installing it again anyway.

OMG, I did use the LE code.

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

OMG, I did use the LE code.

I did the same thing. Read just a few posts up. Reload the PRO code and you should be just fine.

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

However, at the end of one game the volume went up super loud and crackled for 5 seconds. It only did it once out of the ten games I played. Hopefully the issue doesn't come back.

Turn off the replay noise.

#3125 4 years ago

Anyone else have a problem with applying the .96 code? The update finished installing and I got to the power cycle screen. I turned the table off, pulled the USB out and close everything up, and now nothing happens when I turn the machine on...

Edit: Apparently turning it off for a third time and opening the coin door before turning it on again was the trick.

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Turn off the replay noise.

So you think it happened when or if I matched or won a game?

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

So you think it happened when or if I matched or won a game?

I would bet that's what it was.

#3128 4 years ago

Is it caused by the new code? I was thinking of trying to reload the code

#3129 4 years ago

The machines volume went up so loud that everyone in the room turned to see what was going on.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

The machines volume went up so loud that everyone in the room turned to see what was going on.

No the old code should have had it on there also. Was it like a screeching noise? Just turn the knocker volume off in the settings and I'm betting that you wony hear it anymore.

#3131 4 years ago

Yes, it was definitely screeching. I'll turn it off, thx Who-Dey

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Yes, it was definitely screeching. I'll turn it off, thx Who-Dey

You're welcome. If it sounded like a loud screeching noise that is definitely what it was. I turn mine off also, it annoys the heck out of me.

#3133 4 years ago

Can someone clarify... To start a Control Room mode (like system boot), do you just spell CHAOS once?

I'm pretty sure it spelled CHAOS three times, and didn't see the Control Room insert light up.

#3134 4 years ago

Can someone clarify... To start a Control Room mode (like system boot), do you just spell CHAOS once?
I'm pretty sure it spelled CHAOS three times, and didn't see the Control Room insert light up.

as per rule wiki

Control room modes are lit by:

Catching your first dinosaur
Spelling CHAOS twice
Starting Raptor Tri-Ball
15 tower shots

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

as per rule wiki
Control room modes are lit by:
Spelling CHAOS twice
Starting Raptor Tri-Ball
15 tower shots

Is that the requirements for the Control Room insert beside Museum Mayhem?

Or is this just to start a mode like "system boot"?

I'm pretty sure I did all 3 modes (system boot, virus attack, etc) without spelling CHAOS 6 times!

Please clarify.

Thanks!

#3136 4 years ago

Also, got here last night again, but never make more than 4-5 shots. Anyone know how many are needed to finish this mode?

IMG_20191208_004739 (resized).jpgIMG_20191208_004739 (resized).jpg
#3137 4 years ago

Is that the requirements for the Control Room insert beside Museum Mayhem?
Or is this just to start a mode like "system boot"?
I'm pretty sure I did all 3 modes (system boot, virus attack, etc) without spelling CHAOS 6 times!
Please clarify.
Thanks!

If you do any of these things:
Spelling CHAOS twice
Starting Raptor Tri-Ball
15 tower shots lights control room, not just spelling Chaos will start Control Room.

#3138 4 years ago

Foo listed the requirements.
There are the 3 main control room modes. Once you beat those Secure Control Room is available. After you play SCR, Invalid Frenzy is still left. It's the ? Mode and you need to unlock it. Most likely it'll be the 15 tower shots you have left.

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

If you do any of these things:
Spelling CHAOS twice
Starting Raptor Tri-Ball
15 tower shots lights control room, not just spelling Chaos will start Control Room.

That makes sense!

So start the 3 modes, and that lights the Control Room insert?

#3140 4 years ago

That makes sense!
So start the 3 modes, and that lights the Control Room insert?

Yes

#3141 4 years ago

Am I the only one annoyed with the added sounds in V0.96?
It seems that every time the ball hit a switch and/or I press the flipper button there is a shhh sound..

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Foo listed the requirements.
There are the 3 main control room modes. Once you beat those Secure Control Room is available. After you play SCR, Invalid Frenzy is still left. It's the ? Mode and you need to unlock it. Most likely it'll be the 15 tower shots you have left.

I think you mean "play" the modes, not "beat", correct?

So after playing the 3 modes, the SCR insert will be lit?

How do I start it? And what is Invalid Frenzy? Is that a requirement to Escape Nublar?

#3143 4 years ago

I think you mean "play" the modes, not "beat", correct?

Correct

So after playing the 3 modes, the SCR insert will be lit?

Yes

How do I start it?

Control room will be lit

And what is Invalid Frenzy?

The 4th control room mode designated by the question mark control room. Available via a lit control room shot once you have played SCR and have qualified a 4th control room. Keith described Invalid Frenzy as a stepping stone bonus mode on the way to Isle Nublar. Nublar is not in the game yet.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is it caused by the new code? I was thinking of trying to reload the code

Nope, I had it happen to me on 0.91.0. Makes a terrible loud screech/garbled noise and then goes back to normal. I happen to be looking at the screen at the start of the screech and saw the replay animation. Sent a comment in on the issue, Chas just told me I can turn the knocker sound off in the menu. Thinking maybe I wasn't clear enough.

The museum madness insert not lighting up in the attract mode radar sweep animation bugs me too. Can't unsee it now.

#3145 4 years ago

I'm having a terrible time with my loops registering. In test they work fine, enter and exit switch for both sides, but during game play I'll have repeated shots to both loops not register, which is super frustrating when these are the hardest shots on the game.

I don't think it's a speed thing either because I'll make a nice controlled cradled shot and it'll miss the first two times then register the 3rd.

I already tried adjusting the switches, but it's hard to tell when they're right when it works all the time in test. Anybody find anything else about these?

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Pteranodons are cool, but did you see Velociraptor Gary on the same page? Gary is the man.
[quoted image]

"Fantarea 1 pc Dinosaur Simulated Figures Model Action Collection Model Toys Birthday Party Supplies Classrooms Rewards Cake Toppers Set Toys for 5 6 7 8 Years Old Boys Girls Kid Toddlers"

... Toys for 5 6 7 8 Years Old Boys …

bwahahahhaaaaa! if they only knew!!

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Nope, I had it happen to me on 0.91.0. Makes a terrible loud screech/garbled noise and then goes back to normal. I happen to be looking at the screen at the start of the screech and saw the replay animation. Sent a comment in on the issue, Chas just told me I can turn the knocker sound off in the menu. Thinking maybe I wasn't clear enough.
The museum madness insert not lighting up in the attract mode radar sweep animation bugs me too. Can't unsee it now.

This might fix the problem, but then I'm missing my Stern replay chirp when someone wins a game. Since the game is on location, it's even more important to have it on. It used to work, not sure what happened.

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

This might fix the problem, but then I'm missing my Stern replay chirp when someone wins a game. Since the game is on location, it's even more important to have it on. It used to work, not sure what happened.

You could always install a real knocker. Loud as hell (loud enough for me to dislike it in home use). Doesn't mess with audio volume.

#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It works most of the time, I think this issue is tied to a end-of-ball earned replay based on my limited experience and what others have described. It was after a right outlane drain when it happened to me, I can't remember if it was the end of a game or not. I remember the table lights being dark, hearing the screech and seeing the Dilophosaurus animation. My table is home use so I normally keep the game at a volume of 4. It scared the crap out of me when it happened since it shot up to about 15 for the screech replay screen, then back down again.

This only happened to me once and never again since I turned off the kicker sound. The programmer in me is curious to see how the SPIKE2 audio scripting works. Maybe the Dilophosaurus spitting sound during the replay animation combines with the "beep kicker" sound on a single track which gets over-processed with a temporary kicker volume increase. The music track seemed ok in the audio background, just temporarily louder like everything else.

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm having a terrible time with my loops registering. In test they work fine, enter and exit switch for both sides, but during game play I'll have repeated shots to both loops not register, which is super frustrating when these are the hardest shots on the game.
I don't think it's a speed thing either because I'll make a nice controlled cradled shot and it'll miss the first two times then register the 3rd.
I already tried adjusting the switches, but it's hard to tell when they're right when it works all the time in test. Anybody find anything else about these?

I stole this post from the Premium/le thread. Hope this helps

Screenshot_20191209-112905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112914_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112914_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112920_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112920_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112929_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112929_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191209-112944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.