(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 424.
#3051 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think its going to be a long time before this game is ever topped. I'm not sure that it ever will be honestly.

It's a great game but think how many more games Keith is going to design?

People said the same about Maiden.

Apart from prices and QC issues, 2020 is going to see so many great games

#3052 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's a great game but think how many more games Keith is going to design?
People said the same about Maiden.
Apart from prices and QC issues, 2020 is going to see so many great games

Keith has knocked it out of the park twice now. I never thought that he could top IMDN on his 2nd game but I think that he did with JP2. His designs have been a breath of fresh air to the pinball community, cant wait for game #3!

#3053 4 years ago

I am not sure if JP is better than Maiden.

Need to re-visit in 6 months after a ton of other new games and JP becomes an old game

But, Keith is now Stern's MVP.

#3054 4 years ago

Not specific to the LE or premium. Just had the same thing happen on my Pro. I had T-rex, going for the first paddock and hit the chaos target from the smart missle. Game reset. Bummer.

Quoted from ectobar:

I haven't had a single reset and have started chaos mb/smart missle lots of times. Seems like it might be specific to the pre/le. Anyway Keith said it's already fixed over on Tilt, so you'll be good once the new code drops. In the past on other games with issues like this, a small code update is usually issued fairly quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see .96 drop in the next few days.

#3055 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Not specific to the LE or premium. Just had the same thing happen on my Pro. I had T-rex, going for the first paddock and hit the chaos target from the smart missle. Game reset. Bummer.

You'd think that for a major issue like this they would issue a patch ASAP. like .95.1 or something, especially when Keith has stated it's fixed.. For home use it's annoying but not too terrible. However for commercial operators having a machine that resets is really shitty. Come on Stern...

#3056 4 years ago

2x's = too dark..

I appreciate the light show to highlight when 2x playfield scoring occurs, but does anyone else find the blackout a little long?

I mean are all of the the lights going out really necessary? It usually happens when I least expect it causing drains...

I usually play in the dark or very low ambient light and like the GI of the playfield...

I know.. Play better

#3057 4 years ago

Another update coming this month, per Stern of the Union Address news:

"Jurassic Park – For all Jurassic Park owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.95.0). This code contains multiple new wizard modes, bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month."

#3058 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

2x's = too dark..
I appreciate the light show to highlight when 2x playfield scoring occurs, but does anyone else find the blackout a little long?
I mean are all of the the lights going out really necessary? It usually happens when I least expect it causing drains...
I usually play in the dark or very low ambient light and like the GI of the playfield...

Same here. Didn't realize it was to highlight the 2X event. It's a bit long at the start of TREX multiball too if Sue didn't catch the ball. You end up playing in total darkness for a good 10 seconds. Not the end of the world cause if you drain it comes back with the multiball but still surprizing and a bit annoying. Fixable in code for sure. If TREX multiball is triggered+dino doesn't have the ball=set GI to 30% instead of 0%.

#3059 4 years ago

Ill get some pics up later, but my 8 month old granddaughter loved the lights on my pinball games!
Her first visit!

She was even able to follow the ball!

After letting her sit and watch a couple games on each machine, she reaches out to the ones she likes.

The 2 that got her attention was Dialed in and Jurassic Park!

Starting her young, and she has good taste!

#3060 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Visitors center starts at the rightmost 2 shots and moves counterclockwise one shot for every one you make, they can also time out and regress a shot, I beat it the other night but I cant remember if you end on the raptor pit or if you have to hit the trex shot after the raptor pit.
Museum mayhem is started by going through all 4 of the "T-REX" modes.
Secure control room is started by going through all 3 of the control room modes.
Nublar after all 3 I think.

So, just starting the modes, or completing them?

#3061 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So, just starting the modes, or completing them?

Just starting them but completing modes and getting fossils adds to the big bonus you get when you start visitors center.

#3062 4 years ago

Miss Alex hand a Fun Day with Grandpa! At 8 months, she was grabbing for the Ball! Good Start!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3063 4 years ago

So the multiball+smart missile issue impacts Pros as well with the 0.95.0 version. Just had the game lock up and reset during T-rex multiball.

#3064 4 years ago

Last few days the rex takes the ball much less often. While he thinks he's holding the ball because the multiball mode starts.

See his mouth, is it too far to the left?

IMG_0171 (resized).jpgIMG_0171 (resized).jpg
#3065 4 years ago

I feel like a grade A moron, but I cannot remove the right outlane post to move it down.

After a lot of tedious fumbling around, I got the nut from the bottom of the playfield off. Now, I cannot remove the post/top nut on the playfield. I have zero clearance to turn the nut from the top of the playfield.

I've tried holding it in place while spinning the screw from underneath with needlenose - nothing.

I've tried getting a hollow nut driver from the top - no go. The post is too big to fit into the hollow shaft of the nut driver.

Surely I don't have to remove the ramp and plastics and slings and disassemble the playfield to get this done?

20191204_084236 (resized).jpg20191204_084236 (resized).jpg
#3066 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I feel like a grade A moron, but I cannot remove the right outlane post to move it down.
After a lot of tedious fumbling around, I got the nut from the bottom of the playfield off. Now, I cannot remove the post/top nut on the playfield. I have zero clearance to turn the nut from the top of the playfield.
I've tried holding it in place while spinning the screw from underneath with needlenose - nothing.
I've tried getting a hollow nut driver from the top - no go. The post is too big to fit into the hollow shaft of the nut driver.
Surely I don't have to remove the ramp and plastics and slings and disassemble the playfield to get this done?[quoted image]

The right wire ramp is actually very easy to remove. Get it out of your way, and the post should just pull straight up if you've removed the nut below. Mine was quite snug.

#3067 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Last few days the rex takes the ball much less often. While he thinks he's holding the ball because the multiball mode starts.
See his mouth, is it too far to the left?[quoted image]

This has been discussed previously. Trex doesnt have to catch the ball for the multiball. It starts with the ramp opto. All other trex modes it has to catch the ball.

#3068 4 years ago

Surely I don't have to remove the ramp and plastics and slings and disassemble the playfield to get this done?[quoted image]

I found it actually easier to remove with the rubber on use a small adjustable wrench to get the post started, and then slowly uniformly with thumb and forefinger lightly turn the rubber stopper which should turn your post... it takes a little bit of finesse but then the post starts to easily glide out...you may have to move the edge of the plastic up slightly just to get out from underneath it as others have said.. the return wire is actually very easy to remove and get it out of your way to work if you need to

#3069 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This has been discussed previously. Trex doesnt have to catch the ball for the multiball. It starts with the ramp opto. All other trex modes it has to catch the ball.

Well this happend to all modes. 5 of the 10 times the ball returns. I did not have this in the beginning, only the last two days.
So no need to calibrate?

#3070 4 years ago

Man just had 4 games in a row over the 550-580 million mark.. really starting to get the flow down... Started utilizing the upper playfield looping / raptor tower shots as well as constantly hitting the spinner and right ramp lanes and it seems like this game just opened up for me... Made it up to and past the Trex paddock, still haven't captured him yet, but man... So addictive

#3071 4 years ago

Mine was difficult too. I removed the rubbers and used a small wrench. Turned the wrench 1000 times and finally got it.

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Mine was difficult too. I removed the rubbers and used a small wrench. Turned the wrench 1000 times and finally got it.

You just have to turn it out, as if it was threaded in the wood(tight fit).

#3073 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Well this happend to all modes. 5 of the 10 times the ball returns. I did not have this in the beginning, only the last two days.
So no need to calibrate?

Same thing happening to me. T-Rex barely ever grabs the ball anymore, and this I can't start the modes.

Is there a fix to this that can be done just from the menu?

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

+1 .... and I replaced the post with a star post

74114F70-F8E6-4C34-90D5-6F5F7142FD4F (resized).jpeg74114F70-F8E6-4C34-90D5-6F5F7142FD4F (resized).jpeg
#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

T-Rex barely ever grabs the ball anymore,

Happened to me a few days ago. T-rex was grabbing perfectly, then stopped. One of the screws on top of the ramp entry posts worked itself loose. One side of the clear plastic deflector was up less than a quarter of an inch, and that's all it took for the ball to jump the opto. Tightened the screw down, everything back to normal.

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

+1 .... and I replaced the post with a star post [quoted image]

Does the combination of lowering the post and putting the wider star post in almost eliminate right side drains??

#3077 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Does the combination of lowering the post and putting the wider star post in almost eliminate right side drains??

Nope - still drains. It’s not as dramatic of a change as you may think.

#3078 4 years ago

0:17, t-rex dont get it: https://vimeo.com/377500722 and see: https://vimeo.com/377500992

Maybe it's just part of the game? I mean, you just have to make a hard straight shot?

When I hold the ball on the right flipper and then want to make the shot to the t-rex it wont grap it. When the ball just enters through the slit and/or already have some speed, the t-rex almost always grabs it...

#3079 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Nope - still drains. It’s not as dramatic of a change as you may think.

Good to know. May give that a try. See how it goes.

#3080 4 years ago

My pro will be built the next run on the 12/16/19! Can’t wait.

#3081 4 years ago

Woo-hoo!! Fix that missile, baby....

V0.96.0 - December 4, 2019
==========================
- Smart Missile - fixed an issue with an occasional crash when choosing 'Complete Chaos' and hitting the Pop Target when a multiball is running
- Amber Slings - fixed an issue where 2x amber value was being added to the score for each Amber Sling
- Amber Slings - fixed an issue where only half the amount of Amber Value that was added to the score showed up in the total screen
- Amber Slings / Pops / Targets / Ramps - fixed an issue where the Amber Features display effect would show only the 1X value being awarded during 2X playfield multiplier
- Super Spinner - multiplier is now current Bonus X multiplier +1X and still adds +2X for perk (minimum: 2X, maximum: 8x) can still be doubled by 2X playfield multiplier
- Control Room Modes - now default to 45 seconds (up from 40 seconds)
- Control Room Select - fixed an issue where the dino move timer would still count down when you waited to select your mode, timer is now paused at this time
- All Paddocks - dino move timer will now not pause for Pop Bumper hits
- 2X Playfield - timer no longer pauses for Pop Bumper hits
- Super Supply Drop - 'TRIPLE BONUS' award now awards current Bonus score X3 instead of adding +3X to the Bonus X
- Visitor Center Bonus - Rescue is now worth 750K (up from 500K)
- Visitor Center Bonus - Rescue Streak is now worth 1.5M (up from 1M)
- Tilt Warning - Danger and Double Danger text added to display effect
- High Scores - adding T-Rex Encounter Champion
- High Scores - adding T-Rex Chase Champion
- High Scores - adding T-Rex Rampage Champion
- High Scores - adding Virus Attack Champion
- High Scores - adding System Boot Champion
- High Scores - adding Restore Power Champion
- High Scores - adding King of the Island Champion
- High Scores - adding Visitor Center Bonus Champion
- High Scores - adding Secure Control Room Champion
- High Scores - adding Invalid Frenzy Champion
- High Scores - adding Escape Nublar Champion (mode is coming soon)
- High Scores - adding Amber Pops Champion
- High Scores - adding Amber Ramps Champion
- High Scores - adding Amber Targets Champion
- High Scores - adding Amber Slings Champion
- High Scores - fixed an issue with the Bonus Champion not ever setting the high score
- High Scores - increased the high score defaults in general by 2x
- Enter Initials - updated font colors and sizes
- Enter Initials - fixed an issue with strange scaling when 'Q' is entered in either 3 or 10 letter layout
- Enter Initials - fixed an issue with characters lining up with underscores properly for the 10 letter layout
- Enter Initials - added sound effect when a high score champion is presented
- Attract Mode - tournament screens have now been added to the attract mode
- Competition Mode - competition mode screen when holding left flipper in has been updated to better integrate with Attract Mode

- Adjustment Changes:
- changed 'AMBER TARGETS TIMER' default from 30 to 40 seconds
- changed 'AMBER SLINGS TIMER' default from 40 to 30 seconds
- UTILS -> VOLUME -> BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE - once this setting is overridden by the operator, the bootup sequence will no longer revert it to match the model's speaker type

- System - Updated to V2.37
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.54.0

#3082 4 years ago

Finally get to beat O J the bonus champ! The Juice is loose!
Glad they added all the other champions, was wondering why there were so few on JP when Maiden had a bunch, I like having a lot to shoot for.
Another great update!

#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Finally get to beat O J the bonus champ! The Juice is loose!
Glad they added all the other champions, was wondering why there were so few on JP when Maiden had a bunch, I like having a lot to shoot for.
Another great update!

And the Premium/LE guys will love the speaker ohm setting change!!

#3084 4 years ago

And the Premium/LE guys will love the speaker ohm setting change!!

What should the speaker ohm setting be for the LE speakers?

#3085 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The LE's have upgraded speakers - believe they are 4 ohm and why they coded it in .95 to set it to 4 ohm on bootup

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My understanding is that the LE owners prefer the sound of the game when set on 8 ohm. Then, for some reason, in the .95 code, stern decided to make the machine default back to 4 ohm every time the machine was turned on, thusly making the game "sound like shit comparitively". Lol. Bad move on Sterns part. Now apparently, it will stay where the owner sets it. Bravo Stern!

#3087 4 years ago

My understanding is that the LE owners prefer the sound of the game when set on 8 ohm. Then, for some reason, in the .95 code, stern decided to make the machine default back to 4 ohm every time the machine was turned on, thusly making the game "sound like shit comparitively". Lol. Bad move on Sterns part. Now apparently, it will stay where the owner sets it. Bravo Stern!

Makes no sense though... if they are 4ohm speakers they would require a higher current draw from the amplifier circuitry that the premium and pro 8ohm ones...but setting them to 4ohm if they are true 4 ohm speakers shouldn't degrade the sound quality unless the sound chip isn't able to deliver the proper power. Unless your raising the volume up to very high levels...but still, the spike system should be able to handle it...

#3088 4 years ago

Meh. I got tired of resetting to 8 ohms every time so I adjusted all the gains for the backbox and cabinet speakers with the backbox set at 4 ohms. Sounds as nice as it did when 8 ohms except volume is set at 30 now instead of 20.

#3089 4 years ago

Pteranodon is now flying high out of the backbox.

65700956-D8F6-4C08-959B-15CA1ED91591 (resized).jpeg65700956-D8F6-4C08-959B-15CA1ED91591 (resized).jpeg
#3090 4 years ago

So then what is the verdict on speaker settings for LE owners? Is it supposed to be set at 4 ohms? All I know is before the .95 code update my speakers always sounded loud and clear. After the .95 update the sound was all washed out and. Tied. It sounded terrible. Only then did I reset to 8 ohms. So was it at 4 earlier and they just messed up .95 or was it at 8 earlier. I don’t get it.

Where should we set it?

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill get some pics up later, but my 8 month old granddaughter loved the lights on my pinball games!
Her first visit!
She was even able to follow the ball!
After letting her sit and watch a couple games on each machine, she reaches out to the ones she likes.
The 2 that got her attention was Dialed in and Jurassic Park!
Starting her young, and she has good taste!

If she’s anything like my son, she’ll be beating your high scores by the time she is 5. Enjoy it now!

#3092 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So then what is the verdict on speaker settings for LE owners? Is it supposed to be set at 4 ohms? All I know is before the .95 code update my speakers always sounded loud and clear. After the .95 update the sound was all washed out and. Tied. It sounded terrible. Only then did I reset to 8 ohms. So was it at 4 earlier and they just messed up .95 or was it at 8 earlier. I don’t get it.
Where should we set it?

LEs have 4 ohm speakers. It was set at 8 before .95. It should be set at 4 ohms. You can then tweak the treble and base gains on the backbox(boost) and cabinet(reduce) to make it sound like before.. or just leave at 8 ohms even though it’s the incorrect setting for the speakers. Overall volume will need to be higher if you go 4 ohms.

#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LEs have 4 ohm speakers. It was set at 8 before .95. It should be set at 4 ohms. You can then tweak the treble and base gains on the backbox(boost) and cabinet(reduce) to make it sound like before.. or just leave at 8 ohms even though it’s the incorrect setting for the speakers. Overall volume will need to be higher if you go 4 ohms.

Ok thanks

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

If she’s anything like my son, she’ll be beating your high scores by the time she is 5. Enjoy it now!

I told my daughter, that her girl, will be a pinball force! She gets a Mousin at her house when they move back next year from Nashville!

Tomorrow, I show her Ghostbusters.

Love seeing all of our kids, and grand kids on Pinside enjoying the hobby!

#3095 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Pteranodon is now flying high out of the backbox.[quoted image]

Looks really, really good! How'd you mount that?

#3096 4 years ago

Great placement.
Where does the figure come from and how did you mount it?

#3097 4 years ago

Excellent placement! I bought one also, just placed mine tonight. I put mine flying over the loop wire form and right ramp so the ball circles under his wingspan. I think I like your placement better though. I'll share a pic of mine soon.

#3098 4 years ago

How did you mount it? Pics would be awesome if I could trouble you. Looks great

#3099 4 years ago

That feeling when there's new code but you can't find your thumb drive anywhere even though you used it less than two weeks ago.

sad dino.jpgsad dino.jpg

#3100 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

0:17, t-rex dont get it: https://vimeo.com/377500722 and see: https://vimeo.com/377500992
Maybe it's just part of the game? I mean, you just have to make a hard straight shot?
When I hold the ball on the right flipper and then want to make the shot to the t-rex it wont grap it. When the ball just enters through the slit and/or already have some speed, the t-rex almost always grabs it...

It looks like it is jumping over the opto on the way in and then triggering on the way out. check out this post I made earlier.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/62#post-5321884

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/62?hl=reddragons5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.