(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 424.
#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not for me....lol. Rubbers are so cheap, order a set from Superbands, Titan, and Perfect play. See what you like. I like Titan. Whatever you choose, get rid of the crappy black ones Stern puts on at the factory. Especially the post sleeves. They leave black residue all over your balls. (insert ball joke here). Also the stock post sleeves are basically rock hard plastic. They are awful.

Thanks for this recommendation. Ordered a set of everything. For me, I ended up with my first set of Superbands. For me it made the game more enjoyable. I brick fewer shots as they seems to tweak the shot just enough to where it makes sense for my shooting. I recommend you try them all.
13FCA61D-DFEF-40B2-B07F-D9A5DBD9842F (resized).jpeg13FCA61D-DFEF-40B2-B07F-D9A5DBD9842F (resized).jpeg6D98CF32-C0B7-47E3-A525-757CFF5742D7 (resized).jpeg6D98CF32-C0B7-47E3-A525-757CFF5742D7 (resized).jpeg

#3002 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Both the JP Pro and LE club threads should be merged. They basically maintain the same discussions already.
All dinos are friends

I disagree!! The threads are already so large people are constantly asking the same questions over and over. Nobody reads through already. Imagine if it was twice as long!!

Also there are issues which are very much related to the mechs on the premium/le. If i was a pro owner i wouldn’t care to read all that stuff.

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I disagree!! The threads are already so large people are constantly asking the same questions over and over. Nobody reads through already. Imagine if it was twice as long!!
Also there are issues which are very much related to the mechs on the premium/le. If i was a pro owner i wouldn’t care to read all that stuff.

That's why there are key posts.

I read the LE thread and have no intention of changing out my Pro. It seems a lot of the regulars are in both threads already.

I think it would also be beneficial for the longevity of the thread. Right now the game still has that fresh car smell and both threads are very active but come next year they are both going to cool down considerably.

Not the end of the world obviously, just seems unnecessary to me.

One of my favorite club threads is the Star Trek one. While Stern ST dominates the thread, all the ships of the federation are welcome there. While I think DE ST is hot garbage, I still like to see pictures of it occasionally.

Bring on the mega Dino club thread!

#3004 4 years ago

At this point just keep them separate.
This one is better.
The other thread is just a lot of spam posting.
I'm actually all for having a prem/LE issues type thread but that thread gets ridiculous sometimes, let them have it.

#3005 4 years ago

Perspective buyer here. Has Stern finally resolved the pooling issues? I would be interested in hearing from owners that have November build dates.

#3006 4 years ago

Hello!

Just got my JP last Saturday, loving it. Something I didn't notice initially which may or may not be related to the newest software update, wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

T-REX Multiball issue, second ball not kicking out: When getting the T-REX Multiball, the on-screen callout occurs (T-REXXX Multiball!) and the multiball mode music begins. The problem I'm encountering is that the second ball does NOT kick out, and will not until I drain the ball in play. I've had the ball in play go for 5+ minutes, and it never starts. Once the ball drains, game sits there until ball find occurs, and then and only then will it shoot out the two balls.

I'm going to try and troubleshoot the optos, but I thought it warranted posting to see if others have had this issue. Thanks!

Dave

#3007 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Perspective buyer here. Has Stern finally resolved the pooling issues? I would be interested in hearing from owners that have November build dates.

The pooling seems to be under control. Have not heard any chatter of pooling of Playfields since Stern stopped putting art under the posts

#3008 4 years ago

just found a JP PRO in a bar not far from our house... we than spend few houres on it
only bad point is code being on 0.86 (and also TILT is quite sensitive)

my son & i we didnt let him any chance lol

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

When I rip the spinner with a solid hit, the ball frequently seems to get slowed down in the area behind the pops, and then slowly rolls either to the left (into the pops) or to the right towards the upper flipper. It seems like this should always be a fast shot around to the upper flipper.

Oddly enough, slightly slower shots seem to make it around cleanly.

Happens to me too. My guess is a hard shot will bounce off the back orbit wall instead of gliding around. It's kind of a tight turn to go from mostly vertical to hard right.

#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, we have two threads why?

So that LE buyers can feel special and post the owners list over & over.

(spoken as a premium owner who hates duplicate threads)

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Based on the games I've seen and my November premium, yes. I rolled the dice by sticking with my order, and thankfully they appear to have figured it out by the time mine was built.

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Based on the games I've seen and my November premium, yes. I rolled the dice by sticking with my order, and thankfully they appear to have figured it out by the time mine was built.

B5198A35-39BA-4ECC-9EA6-34A1F26B4B2A.gifB5198A35-39BA-4ECC-9EA6-34A1F26B4B2A.gif
#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Yep me too. It’s a PITA trawling both, or worse replying the same to both threads.

Completely agree w/ all the above statements w/ the JP3 threads. There is so much scattered information between the two separate JP3 discussions that subject matter is lost between the two. With the exception of the mechanical toys in the PRE/LE there is absolutely no difference which version of JP3 one is referring to. We should be discussing all titles within their respective name. Moderator, is there any way to combine the Pre./LE & Pro thread?

#3014 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

That's why there are key posts.
I read the LE thread and have no intention of changing out my Pro. It seems a lot of the regulars are in both threads already.
I think it would also be beneficial for the longevity of the thread. Right now the game still has that fresh car smell and both threads are very active but come next year they are both going to cool down considerably.
Not the end of the world obviously, just seems unnecessary to me.
One of my favorite club threads is the Star Trek one. While Stern ST dominates the thread, all the ships of the federation are welcome there. While I think DE ST is hot garbage, I still like to see pictures of it occasionally.
Bring on the mega Dino club thread!

octobar ~ as usual, you hit the nail right on the head again!

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

octobar ~ as usual, you hit the nail right on the head again!Also, I always enjoy your analysis & strategy of anything in the rules category. You have a knack for breaking down & simplifying the nuances within a complex rule structure. ST, SW's, AC/DC & GOT are a few that you have dissected for the majority as the light bulb finally came on. Especially for me.

#3016 4 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about a Stern topper being released for JP?

#3017 4 years ago

Here's a fun early game strat that I just found

Pick 5 rescues for your first Smart Missle. If you make the shot, Smart Missle is lit again. I've gone 5 rescues into Raptor MB successfully a couple of times now and was able to make some good progress.

#3018 4 years ago

Some custom flipper toppers I made if anyone is interested, I have them posted on my shop.

61EC72BE-3F91-4237-8B9F-207767A692B0 (resized).jpeg61EC72BE-3F91-4237-8B9F-207767A692B0 (resized).jpeg
#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Went to install code and got this message...
Anyone know what this means?[quoted image]

For me, think it was trying to update the node boards after update - i think I needed to have the coin door closed

#3020 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Completely agree w/ all the above statements w/ the JP3 threads. There is so much scattered information between the two separate JP3 discussions that subject matter is lost between the two. With the exception of the mechanical toys in the PRE/LE there is absolutely no difference which version of JP3 one is referring to. We should be discussing all titles within their respective name. Moderator, is there any way to combine the Pre./LE & Pro thread?

Please don’t combine the 2 threads, unless the mod/spam/schilling would stop in the LE thread. I’m an LE owner and don’t care to wade through the other thread. It is almost not related to club things like this thread is about. It should be named the mod selling spam thread for LE owners. This thread is much better and should become the main one and let the other thread stay the mod spam sales thread, please.

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I would say yes the pooling is fixed but only because the clear coat is thinner not because the formula is any different... I have noticed on areas where the ball guides are tightened down overly hard the playfield was starting to bunch up and pool a little... I took a heat gun to those areas and did a couple 3-second passes and it laid back down then I covered those spots with mylar... I may even put some fiber washers underneath..Nothing like what was in the earlier runs but it still has the potential if those guides are cranked down..my recommendation would be to check your ball guides in all the screws when you get your nib to make sure nothing is torque down extra tight and then after about a hundred plays make sure there's no excessive rubbing going on anywhere and if so mylar up...

Direct contact of metal ball guides on the playfield that get hit repeatedly and vibrate back and forth makes no sense... Not sure why they can't come up with a better system from the factory

I've also had very very slight cracking and some small chipping around a couple posts.. but I put down some water thin super glue to re-bond those areas.. and they haven't been a problem since

And I play the shit out of my game get over 1500 plays right now

#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Please don’t combine the 2 threads, unless the mod/spam/schilling would stop in the LE thread. I’m an LE owner and don’t care to wade through the other thread. It is almost not related to club things like this thread is about. It should be named the mod selling spam thread for LE owners. This thread is much better and should become the main one and let the other thread stay the mod spam sales thread, please.

This thread FTW! Mayor CoolCatPinball it is!

#3023 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would say yes the pooling is fixed but only because the clear coat is thinner not because the formula is any different... I have noticed on areas where the ball guides are tightened down overly hard the playfield was starting to bunch up and pool a little... I took a heat gun to those areas and did a couple 3-second passes and it laid back down then I covered those spots with mylar... I may even put some fiber washers underneath..Nothing like what was in the earlier runs but it still has the potential if those guides are cranked down..my recommendation would be to check your ball guides in all the screws when you get your nib to make sure nothing is torque down extra tight and then after about a hundred plays make sure there's no excessive rubbing going on anywhere and if so mylar up...
Direct contact of metal ball guides on the playfield that get hit repeatedly and vibrate back and forth makes no sense... Not sure why they can't come up with a better system from the factory
I've also had very very slight cracking and some small chipping around a couple posts.. but I put down some water thin super glue to re-bond those areas.. and they haven't been a problem since
And I play the shit out of my game get over 1500 plays right now

Do you think the clear coat is too thin now?

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I have a first run JP with the thicker clear, and some slight pooling issues. I also have a GOTG, with thinner clear, and a Ripleys with much much thinner clear. I'm not sure exactly how far stern cut back on the clear on the newer JP machines, but it cant be any thinner than on my Ripleys, and its held up great for many thousands of plays. It was even routed at one time in its life. Honestly, I think you'll be fine. If you like the game, pick one up. You won't regret it.

#3025 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I think it's a little too thin but if it prevents the chipping/pooling like the first batch, I guess it'll have to do... Definitely like the look of the thicker clear, although the thinner shows far less dimpling...

Just spend a good amount of time waxing it at the beginning...

It definitely shows scratches and wear a little easier in my opinion

#3026 4 years ago

Here's unfortunately what happened to mine after about 300 plays (premium model Oct 17, thin clear).. but I heatgunned it, color matched it with some sharpies, let water thin super glue penetrate into it... Cleaned and waxed it.. then layed down some mylar and some graphic vinyl that doesn't touch the ball travel... Not ideal, but it solves the appearance and I like how it looks...

This game is bolted to the floor for me so it plays great and it's only cosmetic..

Highly recommend fiber washers and making sure your guides aren't torqued too tight
20191201_213401 (resized).jpg20191201_213401 (resized).jpg
20191201_225554 (resized).jpg20191201_225554 (resized).jpg
20191201_225808 (resized).jpg20191201_225808 (resized).jpg

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It is almost not related to club things like this thread is about. It should be named the mod selling spam thread for LE owners.

And don’t forget vacation planning. Premium owner here and prefer this thread as well. Let the other one die on the vine, but don’t merge.

#3028 4 years ago

And don't forget the daily "How do I adjust the T-REX?" question. Even though it's in the key posts.

#3029 4 years ago

Here my Pteranodon mods on my Prem and for all other versions.
20191202_154237 (resized).jpg20191202_154237 (resized).jpg20191202_154243 (resized).jpg20191202_154243 (resized).jpg

#3030 4 years ago

I played a JP Pro for the first time this weekend, 25 cents for 3 balls if you can believe that. What a fun game, it actually lets you play without crazy drains so the ball times were quite long. Pops were fun with plenty of action and man for a Pro this game has lots to shoot for, really a great layout in my opinion, animations and call outs are top notch and the pf and cabinet art are beautiful . It could use a tad bit more pf lighting but all in all a very fun experience. I wound up putting my name up after half a dozen games which was cool. This is one game I'd like to get in the future.

#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I played a JP Pro for the first time this weekend, 25 cents for 3 balls if you can believe that. What a fun game, it actually lets you play with crazy drains so the ball times were quite long. Pops were fun with plenty of action and man for a Pro this game has lots to shoot for, really a great layout in my opinion, animations and call outs are top notch and the pf and cabinet art are beautiful . It could use a tad bit more pf lighting but all in all a very fun experience. I wound up putting my name up after half a dozen games which was cool. This is one game I'd like to get in the future.

MustangPaul you are welcome to come play my premium anytime!
There are a couple volcanos and maybe some leg light ups in my near future too!

#3032 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

MustangPaul you are welcome to come play my premium anytime!
There are a couple volcanos and maybe some leg light ups in my near future too!

Wow ...WAY cool thanks. Just let me know when you want those and don't forget I have Ninja balls too if ya need um.

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have Ninja balls too if ya need um.

Now there's something you don't hear everyday

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Now there's something you don't hear everyday

Do the ninja balls throw stars?

#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And don't forget the daily "How do I adjust the T-REX?" question. Even though it's in the key posts.

I hate being one of "those guys", and I am asking so I can prevent it in the future. As someone who is guilty of asking this... where?

When I look at the key posts, it only shows:

Key posts (resized).PNGKey posts (resized).PNG
#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I hate being one of "those guys", and I am asking so I can prevent it in the future. As someone who is guilty of asking this... where?
When I look at the key posts, it only shows:[quoted image]

T-Rex key posts are in the other thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

When I look at the key posts, it only shows:[quoted image]

We were talking about that “other” thread. The one about JP prem/le owners. Here’s their key posts:

TOPIC INDEX (KEY POSTS)
9 key posts have been marked in this topic
Post #622 KME posts on TREX adjustments. Posted by sk8ball (71 days ago)
Post #885 More info on aligning the TREX. Posted by pickleric (65 days ago)
Post #1396 Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (49 days ago)
Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (41 days ago)
Post #1830 KME gives info on how to adjust the T-Rex. Posted by sk8ball (38 days ago)
Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (27 days ago)
Post #2625 Adjusting the raptor pit. Posted by yancy (21 days ago)
Post #2994 How to Remove TREX Head and also fix Jaw Screw that came out/loose Posted by f3honda4me (9 days ago)
Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (2 hours ago)
Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

Edit: ectobar beat me to it.. lol

#3040 4 years ago

I encountered a small issue over the weekend with the rear raptor target on my Pro and thought I'd document it here in case others have the issue. I noticed during some games I'd register a hit on the target when the ball was no where near it. In other instances I'd clearly hit the target, but it wouldn't register. Putting the game into switch test and manually pressing the switch with my finger, I found that the target would become stuck (closed), due to being too close to the rubber post to the left of it. With a few extra presses it would eventually release again.

jp_raptor_target_stuck (resized).jpgjp_raptor_target_stuck (resized).jpg

I unscrewed the switch bracket below the playfield and adjusted the angle of it a bit to allow free movement, which sorted the issue out. It looks like the target should be installed another 2mm further right at the time of assembly to put it more central.

#3041 4 years ago

Head’s up...

I updated my prem to 0.95 on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and have had two crashes in ~5 days. Both times I hit the missile shot and the machine immediately went dark and reset. I sent a bug report to Stern. I’d wait on upgrading...

A

#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Head’s up...
I updated my prem to 0.95 on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and have had two crashes in ~5 days. Both times I hit the missile shot and the machine immediately went dark and reset. I sent a bug report to Stern. I’d wait on upgrading...
A

Was it during a multiball? I encountered that twice this weekend and others have reported it as well. Doesn’t seem to crash during single ball play.

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Head’s up...
A

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/67#post-5332110

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I encountered a small issue over the weekend with the rear raptor target on my Pro and thought I'd document it here in case others have the issue. I noticed during some games I'd register a hit on the target when the ball was no where near it. In other instances I'd clearly hit the target, but it wouldn't register. Putting the game into switch test and manually pressing the switch with my finger, I found that the target would become stuck (closed), due to being too close to the rubber post to the left of it. With a few extra presses it would eventually release again.
[quoted image]
I unscrewed the switch bracket below the playfield and adjusted the angle of it a bit to allow free movement, which sorted the issue out. It looks like the target should be installed another 2mm further right at the time of assembly to put it more central.

Excellent piece of information to have on hand. Thanks!

#3045 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Head’s up...
A

That's my luck. I skipped upgrading to .91 out of sheer laziness. Went straight to .95 when it was released. Looks like I should have stayed a bit lazy.... lol

#3046 4 years ago

Good news is, it only happens to some

#3047 4 years ago

I haven't had a single reset and have started chaos mb/smart missle lots of times. Seems like it might be specific to the pre/le. Anyway Keith said it's already fixed over on Tilt, so you'll be good once the new code drops. In the past on other games with issues like this, a small code update is usually issued fairly quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see .96 drop in the next few days.

#3048 4 years ago

I like what Keith did with Visitor Center. Anyone know how many shots needed to complete it?

Also, what follows? Is it Museum Madness and then Nublar?

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I like what Keith did with Visitor Center. Anyone know how many shots needed to complete it?
Also, what follows? Is it Museum Madness and then Nublar?

Visitors center starts at the rightmost 2 shots and moves counterclockwise one shot for every one you make, they can also time out and regress a shot, I beat it the other night but I cant remember if you end on the raptor pit or if you have to hit the trex shot after the raptor pit.

Museum mayhem is started by going through all 4 of the "T-REX" modes.

Secure control room is started by going through all 3 of the control room modes.

Nublar after all 3 I think.

#3050 4 years ago

I think its going to be a long time before this game is ever topped. I'm not sure that it ever will be honestly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/61?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.