(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 426.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Any idea how I adjust this? I've loosened off the guide but appears to be virtually no movement. The end of the guide is also touching the rubber.
Can anyone show photos of theirs please.[quoted image]

Sorted!!
Adjusted the upper post that the rubber wraps around. Now hitting the rubber and bouncing across to the flipper

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You're out of room and you have to let TZ go? What about that Gilligan's Island? I can't imagine you have room for that over TZ or JP.

Agreed! I think there are other games in that collection that I would let go first. That said, I did let my TAF go to get a JP LE and I have no regrets.

#2953 4 years ago

Newish member loving the game (JP Prem) and I thought I'd ask for some guidance.

Two minor issues.

T Rex sometimes doesn't get the ball on clean shots. Searched this thread and didn't see any solutions but maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing. Anyone else have this issue? It's maybe 15-20 percent of the time.

2nd, does anyone have any idea where this came from (photo below)?

While in multiball I caught a glimpse of it sliding down the center of the playfield and instantly stopped playing. Looked for ever and I don't see an obvious spot it came from. There are two of these flanking the raptor figure but both are attached so it's not those. Any ideas?

IMG_20191127_173148 (resized).jpgIMG_20191127_173148 (resized).jpg
#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Newish member loving the game (JP Prem) and I thought I'd ask for some guidance.
Two minor issues.
T Rex sometimes doesn't get the ball on clean shots. Searched this thread and didn't see any solutions but maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing. Anyone else have this issue? It's maybe 15-20 percent of the time.
2nd, does anyone have any idea where this came from (photo below)?
While in multiball I caught a glimpse of it sliding down the center of the playfield and instantly stopped playing. Looked for ever and I don't see an obvious spot it came from. There are two of these flanking the raptor figure but both are attached so it's not those. Any ideas?[quoted image]

Isn't there one of those on the raptor hip also?

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Skillshot is worth more than that

Sorry, 85M, not 85K..... duh.....lol

#2956 4 years ago

Anyone have issues with the orbit/loop shot from the top flipper not registering? Have a feeling the ball is going so fast it catches air and misses the switch, but just a guess. I'd call it a sometimes/rarely on my game, but it definitely happens.

#2957 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

When the ball rolls down from a bricked helipad shot, should it hit the rubber at the end of the guide and bounce over to the left flipper or should it miss the rubber and go SDTM like mine does. Wonder if the guide needs some adjustment?[quoted image]

Mine does this also. Was watching a JP stream last night and it became instantly apparent mine wasn't behaving properly.

#2958 4 years ago

I love that the code is adding effects for the amber shooter mod. Santa is brining me this for Christmas, and hearing it is interactive makes me want it even more.

So while Star Wars owners are getting f*cked with a two year late $750 topper, we JP owners can have a very sleek looking, interactive backlit accessory for $130.

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Mine does this also. Was watching a JP stream last night and it became instantly apparent mine wasn't behaving properly.

So I’ve pulled apart the helicopter assembly to get to the post to correct the SDTM issue from bricked helicopter shots, problem now is that the helicopter will not rest in the correct horizontal position. It’s a pretty basic assembly, and I’ve put it back exactly as it was and how the manual states, any reason why it won’t sit right. I’ve tried loosening and tightening the helicopter screw which no change.

A6EFDF52-8C7B-48AC-9FB7-600DC348A298 (resized).jpegA6EFDF52-8C7B-48AC-9FB7-600DC348A298 (resized).jpeg
#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Skillshot is worth more than that

Ectobar is kind of a rules guru! You better get up early in the morning if you want to outwit him.

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Isn't there one of those on the raptor hip also?

Spot on. Thanks.

#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone have issues with the orbit/loop shot from the top flipper not registering? Have a feeling the ball is going so fast it catches air and misses the switch, but just a guess.

Yup, and I agree with your hunch. When it happens on mine it’s always a lightning fast shot. I adjusted the loop entry switch to need only the slightest push, but it’s still not 100%. Wish it was an opto like the make switch further up the loop.

Pretty frustrating, because that’s not an easy shot to begin with.

#2963 4 years ago

Happy bird day everybody!

Got some games in on the new code last night, some thoughts.

Easy Raptor MB start is a very welcome addition. I started it without really trying which was certainly not ever the case previously.

Visitors Center is really valuable now. Animations are excellent. Catching dinos, getting fossils and saving lots of people is going to lead to some crazy scores. I'm curious if the playfield multiplier applies here. I didn't have it running and still got about 250m for getting there.

Secure Control room also has cool animations. I beefed this mode though which is a bummer because I didn't get to see Invalid Frenzy. Hopefully will get to see that this weekend.

Loving the game. Well done KME and Stern

#2964 4 years ago
77358057_2506538796062678_710560025105399808_n (resized).jpg77358057_2506538796062678_710560025105399808_n (resized).jpg
#2965 4 years ago

I just got to Invalid Frenzy

Total LOLS

Let's just say I imagine the working title of this mode was Keith trolls Pinside

#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup, and I agree with your hunch. When it happens on mine it’s always a lightning fast shot. I adjusted the loop entry switch to need only the slightest push, but it’s still not 100%. Wish it was an opto like the make switch further up the loop.
Pretty frustrating, because that’s not an easy shot to begin with.

Someone posted this a few days ago. I'm going to try it out in case the problem is with the opto further up the loop not registering the shot after it's activated the rollover switch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

When the ball rolls down from a bricked helipad shot, should it hit the rubber at the end of the guide and bounce over to the left flipper or should it miss the rubber and go SDTM like mine does. Wonder if the guide needs some adjustment?[quoted image]

Here's mine on my LE...

IMG_0170 (resized).JPGIMG_0170 (resized).JPG
#2968 4 years ago

Had my JP for a week now. Today would be good day change some of black rubber post with color ones.
To my surprise all the posts would spin, not tight. The newton ball was loose too. Went thru every nut on the bottom of the pf.
Has anybody else run across this on a new Stern? Is this Stern’s fix to not mess up the clear coat? The washers under the star posts look like crap imo.

#2969 4 years ago

Anyone have ball go airborne just after hitting spinner loop. Looks like my up post is slightly above play field. Anyone know if that can be adjusted. Thanks

#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Had my JP for a week now. Today would be good day change some of black rubber post with color ones.
To my surprise all the posts would spin, not tight. The newton ball was loose too. Went thru every nut on the bottom of the pf.
Has anybody else run across this on a new Stern? Is this Stern’s fix to not mess up the clear coat? The washers under the star posts look like crap imo.

Yup mine was like that too - cant squeeze the clear out if its not tight lol

#2971 4 years ago

Just noticed the new code, sweet! Cant wait to check out the visitors center!

#2972 4 years ago

I just had the most amazing and improbable shot ever.
During the TRex Multiball, a ball on the upper right and a ball at the lower right were positioned perfectly that with one press of the button, one ball went up the guard tower and the other up the TRex Ramp.
Million to one kind of shot.

#2973 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

IMO Don’t part with the TZ. Find another way to buy the JPPrem. I have both and I still Play TZ very often. Unless you are bored with your TZ.

Thank you for your advice!

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You're out of room and you have to let TZ go? What about that Gilligan's Island? I can't imagine you have room for that over TZ or JP.

I just bought the gilligan's and haven't had a chance to do everything I want to it. I was trying to keep it. I may make the wife give me more room.

#2975 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yes! Tweaked mine and it plays perfectly now, impossible for the ball to hang there, although you may not like the fix. Had to remove the wire part of the gate, bend it, remove the plastic adjacent to the gate, cut one tiny sliver off it (you'd never notice), and put everything back. I'll take a photo later today when I have time.
...and the ball never dribbles back down the spiner lane, if that sort of thing bugs you. That's not a satisfactory fix for me. It's a one-way gate for a reason.

Would you mind posting a photo of this when you get a chance? Mine is getting hung up there too and it is impossible to shake it loose without tilting. I don’t like losing the one-way gate either, so I’m willing to invest more time than just bending up the gate.

Thanks!

#2976 4 years ago

When I rip the spinner with a solid hit, the ball frequently seems to get slowed down in the area behind the pops, and then slowly rolls either to the left (into the pops) or to the right towards the upper flipper. It seems like this should always be a fast shot around to the upper flipper.

Oddly enough, slightly slower shots seem to make it around cleanly.

Am I missing something and is this intentional? I’m thinking of capturing some slo-motion video to figure out what is going on.

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So I’ve pulled apart the helicopter assembly to get to the post to correct the SDTM issue from bricked helicopter shots, problem now is that the helicopter will not rest in the correct horizontal position. It’s a pretty basic assembly, and I’ve put it back exactly as it was and how the manual states, any reason why it won’t sit right. I’ve tried loosening and tightening the helicopter screw which no change.[quoted image]

Same here for me any help?

#2978 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Would you mind posting a photo of this when you get a chance? Mine is getting hung up there too and it is impossible to shake it loose without tilting. I don’t like losing the one-way gate either, so I’m willing to invest more time than just bending up the gate.
Thanks!

This is a confusing area for me, it's a one way gate...BUT it is an angled one way gate, Yancy posted on this a couple pages back and involved bending the gate and cutting plastic...I'm not sure 100% but I think the intention of the angle to the gate is to allow that ball to come back down the spinner lane and not get hung up on that corner...What other reason would they have for angling it like that if not to allow the very remote chance of letting what would be a stuck ball come back through...Why didn't they just hang a true vertical one way gate..

My solution has been to pull up slightly on the fence that holds the gate (matching the angle in promo shots of the game release by Stern) and have the portion of the fence (circled below) to just be above the ball guide rail slightly.. which just allows the ball to lift the gate ONLY when it's sitting on that corner and not get hung up..it's such a rarity though...99.9 % of the time the gate functions like it should, to stop weak right orbit shots or flow back down the spinner lane...To me the game is perfect like that...Otherwise, ball searching and tilting occurs trying to free it...Heck the other gate at the pops sometimes gets hit so hard and rhythmically, that sometimes a chance ball scoots under that gate as well...anyone else care to chime in with their experience on this corner?
Screenshot_20191125-170445_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191125-170445_Photos (resized).jpg

#2979 4 years ago

Went to install code and got this message...

Anyone know what this means?

IMG_20191128_235411 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_235411 (resized).jpg
#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

When I rip the spinner with a solid hit, the ball frequently seems to get slowed down in the area behind the pops, and then slowly rolls either to the left (into the pops) or to the right towards the upper flipper. It seems like this should always be a fast shot around to the upper flipper.
Oddly enough, slightly slower shots seem to make it around cleanly.
Am I missing something and is this intentional? I’m thinking of capturing some slo-motion video to figure out what is going on.

I am seeing the same reaction with my spinner hits. I have noticed the design of the JP spinner Is a little different than most spinners I’ve seen. Many spinners are square in shape or if they are rectangular they set horizontally on the axis. I also noticed the JP spinner isn’t centered on the axis.
Maybe this is contributing to the ball slowing down

#2981 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This is a confusing area for me, it's a one way gate...BUT it is an angled one way gate, Yancy posted on this a couple pages back and involved bending and cutting...I'm not sure 100% but I think the intention of the angle to the gate is to allow that ball to come back down the spinner lane and not get hung up on that corner...What other reason would they have for angling it like that if not to allow the very remote chance of letting what would be a stuck ball come back through...My solution has been to pull up slightly on the fence which just allows the ball to lift the gate and not get hung up..it's such a rarity though...99.9 % of the time the gate functions like it should, to stop weak right orbit shots or flow back down the spinner lane...anyone else care to chime in?

You are correct, it still functions like it should.
The ONLY time a ball comes back down the spinner lane is when it is a ball that otherwise would've gotten stuck there, it works the way it should at all other times.

#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This is a confusing area for me, it's a one way gate...BUT it is an angled one way gate, Yancy posted on this a couple pages back and involved bending and cutting...I'm not sure 100% but I think the intention of the angle to the gate is to allow that ball to come back down the spinner lane and not get hung up on that corner...What other reason would they have for angling it like that if not to allow the very remote chance of letting what would be a stuck ball come back through...My solution has been to pull up slightly on the fence which just allows the ball to lift the gate and not get hung up..it's such a rarity though...99.9 % of the time the gate functions like it should, to stop weak right orbit shots or flow back down the spinner lane...anyone else care to chime in?

If the one Way gate is changed or removed so that the ball can come back down the the spinner gate you will be getting nasty drains down the middle for sure

#2983 4 years ago

If the one Way gate is changed or removed so that the ball can come back down the the spinner gate you will be getting nasty drains down the middle for sure

That's just it though, I'm not altering anything..Just a slight pull on the fence to correctly match what the design angle is on the model pics and vids from Stern ...it still performs like I said 99.9 % of the time as a one way gate...The ONLY time is when a ball would slow roll and park itself right on that corner..it's so rare I've only had it happen like 3 times in 1000 games, but it has happened...so matching the Stern positioning of that fence does allow the ball to unhang itself naturally, when it does come down that lane, it is a gentle left flipper return

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's just it though, I'm not altering anything..Just a slight pull on the fence to correctly match what the design angle is on the model pics and vids from Stern ...it still performs like I said 99.9 % of the time as a one way gate...The ONLY time is when a ball would slow roll and park itself right on that corner..it's so rare I've only had it happen like 3 times in 1000 games, but it has happened...so matching the Stern positioning of that fence does allow the ball to unhang itself naturally, when it does come down that lane, it is a gentle left flipper return

Did you pull the fence off to bend it? Mine is also hanging up.

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know what this means?

Doesn't that happen when you leave the coin door open? I have no Spike machines, but it's something I believe I've seen.

#2986 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Exactly.

I barely had to bend it upwards maybe a 1/16".

#2987 4 years ago

Did you pull the fence off to bend it? Mine is also hanging up.

No, I just just pulled on the edge of the fence closest to the ball guide. I literally but a ball on the corner of the guide and the corner of the gate and just pulled up enough to where the ball would lift the gate on the corner itself, then maybe a slight amount beyond that and just tested it over and over by placing the ball where it (would normally hang) and it consistently would unhang itself ... It almost looks exactly the same as I received it from the factory, very small tweak, that's why I think the lifting of the gate on it's own in this circumstance is intentional

#2988 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know what this means?[quoted image]

Close the door or pull the interlock to power the boards.

#2989 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

No, I just just pulled on the edge of the fence closest to the ball guide. I literally but a ball on the corner of the guide and the corner of the gate and just pulled up enough to where the ball would lift the gate on the corner itself, then maybe a slight amount beyond that and just tested it over and over by placing the ball where it (would normally hang) and it consistently would unhang itself ... It almost looks exactly the same as I received it from the factory, very small tweak, that's why I think the lifting of the gate on it's own in this circumstance is intentional

Thanks, I’ll try doing that.

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont have a JP yet so I cant say for sure but I had the same issue on my Maiden loops. Put a piece of electrical tape around the optos covering the bottom half of the beam and you should be good to go. Narrowing the beam means the ball can break it long enough at high speeds to register properly. Hope this helps.

Did this last night and it worked great. Thanks!

#2991 4 years ago

Hey guys,
I posted this in the JP premium/LE owners thread and it has solved some of their their T-Rex issues.

Just wanted to post this here as it may help some of you who are also having problems with the T-Rex not grabbing the ball consistently.

First of all, I did the mechanical adjustments that were listed previously in this thread by Keith and other posters regarding proper alignment of the T-rex. I ensured that when the T-rex opened his mouth that his jaw was resting lightly on the ramp and adjusted the T-rex left and right bias to make her jaw line up with the middle of the ramp. However, she still only grabbed the ball about 20% of the time. The other times it would just go in her mouth come back out and not even start the event. This made me realize that she was not being activated to grab the ball.

I went into switch mode and tested the opto on the trex ramp. it would trigger only if I placed a pinball directly on the ramp. If i raised the pinball even 1/8th of an inch off the ramp the the opto would disengage. I then tested the opto in the "O" lane. I could raise the ball 1/4 to 1/2 and inch and the opto would still be engaged. so with this information I realized I needed to raise the optics on the ramp because my pinball was jumping over the opto 70% of the time. However, there was no easy way to raise the opto as it is attached directly to the ramp. At this point I called Chaz at Stern, explained the problem, and asked if he knew of a way to raise these optics. He did not and suggested write a email and send pictures so he could forward to engineering.

However, once I got off the phone and realized there was not going to be an easy way to raise the optics, I started to think of other solutions. What I came up with is not elegant, but it works.
I covered the bottom half of the opto with tape.(see tape on ramp in the pictures below). This effectively raised the optics without physically moving it.
Now when in switch mode, i could raise the ball about 1/4 to half an inch off the ramp and the opto would still engage.
I then tested in game. Now, once the Trex opens her mouth to start a Trex mode, 100% of the shots to the ramp are recognized(starting the Trex event) and she grabs the ball about 90% of the time.
This is obviously not a permanent solution, but will work until I think of something else or Stern gets back to me.
hope this helps!

2AAD9242-DA91-4C85-BED1-F99B058027EA (resized).jpeg2AAD9242-DA91-4C85-BED1-F99B058027EA (resized).jpeg4F35B81B-2709-46BE-804E-FD347E1D049E (resized).jpeg4F35B81B-2709-46BE-804E-FD347E1D049E (resized).jpeg
#2992 4 years ago

Both the JP Pro and LE club threads should be merged. They basically maintain the same discussions already.

All dinos are friends

#2993 4 years ago

Do we have a compiled list or can you link a specific post? It’s a large thread.

Thanks.

Quoted from VindictiveX:

rst of all, I did the mechanical adjustments that were listed previously in this thread by Keith and other posters regarding proper alignment of the T-rex.

#2994 4 years ago

Yah, so , the list is in the other JP thread. Also, we have two threads why?

#2995 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Both the JP Pro and LE club threads should be merged. They basically maintain the same discussions already.
All dinos are friends

What’s next? Pro, Prem and LE models with their own separate clubs? Who’s the DBag who started this?

#2996 4 years ago

New body armor on my JP pro!

20191130_121722 (resized).jpg20191130_121722 (resized).jpg
#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

New body armor on my JP pro![quoted image]

Man, rough crowd down in Florida!

#2998 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

All dinos are friends

This is a fantastic idea. Every time I’m on this thread I wish the same thing!

#2999 4 years ago

Yep me too. It’s a PITA trawling both, or worse replying the same to both threads.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Man, rough crowd down in Florida!

Hey! I do that for my Home Games!

Cant have my Family getting in the Games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.