(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 427.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Some apron cards, no additional text.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like what you've done here. If you get a chance I would like to see what you could do for a Maiden pro and a Metallica pro. I made some myself that just have the designers, programmers and artist with basic release info. Nothing special though. I feel like instructions are unnecessary in the home as my friends can just ask me what to do.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I recieved some powder coat swatches in the mail today along with a sample of green edge trim. I took a couple different angles to try and catch the metallic in them. What color you all like?[quoted image][quoted image]

The darkest one is my favorite.

#203 4 years ago

These are what I made. Good enough for now for a guy who doesnt own a PC. Made them on my phone.

20190126_163633 (resized).jpg20190126_163633 (resized).jpg20190126_165304 (resized).jpg20190126_165304 (resized).jpg
#204 4 years ago

Thanks for the extra information on gameplay.

What about stacking?

Keith said none of the multi-balls stack. This is one of the frustrating things about Iron Maiden. If you don't know which modes are multi-ball and which ones aren't, it will be confusing as to why one minute you're progressing on a mode, and then the next, all that progress is obscured by some other thing you're doing.

One of the issues I have is I really like to know there's different available strategies. I don't like when a mode completely takes over everything else and you can't progress along other trees, because sometimes you might accidentally start a mode while you're trying to do something else, then you're stuck being forced to go in a different direction.

I notice similar problems with Deadpool - it's a fun game, but when you start a battle mode, it takes over a bunch of other things. It's hard to tell what stacks with each other.

Does JP suffer the same issues? How do you know what stacks? Or which things can be worked on in parallel?

#205 4 years ago

got mine yesterday

20190814_191003 (resized).jpg20190814_191003 (resized).jpg20190814_193946 (resized).jpg20190814_193946 (resized).jpg
#206 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

got mine yesterday[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!! May I ask who you ordered through? And was it shipped or did you pick it up?

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

sometimes you might accidentally start a mode while you're trying to do something else, then you're stuck being forced to go in a different direction.

"Play better" -Steve Ritchie

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

got mine yesterday[quoted image][quoted image]

I never noticed it had white buttons before

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

"Play better" -Steve Ritchie

It's not really a question of "play better." Obviously the potential to play a "perfect game" means you can do exactly what you want. But that's not realistic, and [good] pinball designers don't design games for perfection.

For example, you mention Steve Ritchie. His design of STTNG had the slings/outlanes set up so that any missed shot that sent the balls to the slings created an abnormally high likelhood the ball would drain on the outlanes. He himself even admitted they should be adjusted and people created extended outlanes to make the game more fun. Sure, you can "play better" but the average pinball player doesn't want to be continually punished for imperfect playing. Ghostbusters also suffered from this design issue. Too many sucker/dangerous shots to get to anyplace interesting in the game, and too linear a progression.

I guess I'll just have to put some time on in this to see for myself how strategic the gameplay actually is. Deadpool is like this too... there's not a lot of stacking and strategic gameplay. It's more linear in nature, with a limited choice for modes following a specific path. I have a feeling Jurrasic Park is probably like this as well. You can can choose certain paths, but only to a certain degree. As compared to, say The Walking Dead, where you have a whole bunch of different modes you can start at any time. You can choose to do a very hard mode right away if you want.

#210 4 years ago

So question for the group.....I was def going to get the premium but I stumbled into an original JP that I couldn't pass up. Am I crazy to go JP DE and Stern PRO instead of just Stern prem?

I actually think you can have both and really the prem perk mus have was dino biting which I'm getting with the DE. The DE Jurassic does satisfy my need for OG Jurassic with the art call outs, etc.

I might switch to pro! Yes I can just keep premium but that's a little too much on JP!

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So question for the group.....I was def going to get the premium but I stumbled into an original JP that I couldn't pass up. Am I crazy to go JP DE and Stern PRO instead of just Stern prem?
I actually think you can have both and really the prem perk mus have was dino biting which I'm getting with the DE. The DE Jurassic does satisfy my need for OG Jurassic with the art call outs, etc.
I might switch to pro! Yes I can just keep premium but that's a little too much on JP!

Two’s better than one imo, I’ll have both as well!

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you can get 2 for the same price (or close) to the cost of a single premium, and have the room, I say GO FOR IT!!! Plus, the pros ship earlier, just saying

#213 4 years ago

I

Quoted from delt31:

Go Pro for now and let me know when you want to upgrade and sell me that original JP.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't be a jagoff. Yinz'll be the talk of the next Stiller party, an at.

Do it, I say!

#215 4 years ago

Got some time on JP and here are some of my thoughts....

Pros:
-Fantastic layout with tons going on. This game is a combo extravaganza! Lots of ramp shots that are very satisfying.
-Great art package, the colors really pop
-Great flipper control with strong responsive flippers making control much easier
-Clear directions for progression of modes
-Love the look of dinosaurs on slings and how they stick out, and the pop bumpers with mosquitos are a nice touch.
-Liked the use of warm LED's throughout the playfield, it reminds me of the older incandescent games-better than cool white.
-Not an easy game, the shots take precise aiming and getting multi-ball is not a gimme.
-The theme is awesome and well I love the franchise(that carries a ton for me)

Cons:
-Poor lighting in the middle made it dark and hard to see. I would probably add a couple of spots to center to better illuminate the playfield.
-Pop up in the return lane? Who thought of this? It stops ball in middle of return lane for explanation of mode, absolutely terrible and it kills flow. I thought I could cancel animation with pushing both flipper buttons-but no it makes you wait. That should be the first thing they correct in code update. Good thing is-it is easily fixed with code update(hopefully).
-T-Rex looks cheap as hell. Greg with SDTM was correct that this toy looks like it was purchased from the dollar store. Super cheap looking and it would be one of the first things I swap out with a real detailed T-Rex
-Truck with newton ball also looks cheap. I thought about trying to switch out with a real metal cast version but it is a one off Gomez design and it is portrayed in most of the animations-so I would have to keep it and live with it. Wish is was metal instead of plastic(just looks cheap).
-Call-outs are a bit hillbilly and animations are sub-par. I would have preferred clips from the movies-like what Ritchie did with Star Wars.

Overall the Pros outweighed the Cons and I found it to be a fun game with that one more game feeling. I had an LE on order but decided to wait and see what I thought about the Pro version. I am glad I waited because I do think I will prefer the Pro on this one. What gets me is the cheap looking T-Rex. I plan on swapping it out and if it is motorized it would not be that easy to do. I also have the concern of the moving T-Rex on Premiums/LE's disrupting the game and killing flow. It would be cool for people to see the T-Rex moving his head and spitting out the ball but I really am not concerned with trying to impress people with a moving head-I would rather have it flow(play) better. I think Stern did a great job with this title and I think it will be a great earner for operators. My .02

#216 4 years ago

The Pinball Dudes in Jupiter Florida. Great store , great people .Drove to the store to pick it up .

Awesome!! May I ask who you ordered through? And was it shipped or did you pick it up?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Cons:
not really >-Poor lighting in the middle made it dark and hard to see. I would probably add a couple of spots to center to better illuminate the playfield.

Yes but will probably be fixed for short animation >-Pop up in the return lane? Who thought of this? It stops ball in middle of return lane for explanation of mode, absolutely terrible and it kills flow. I thought I could cancel animation with pushing both flipper buttons-but no it makes you wait. That should be the first thing they correct in code update. Good thing is-it is easily fixed with code update(hopefully).

Yes but don't care for toys qualities> -T-Rex looks cheap as hell. Greg with SDTM was correct that this toy looks like it was purchased from the dollar store. Super cheap looking and it would be one of the first things I swap out with a real detailed T-Rex

Looks fine >-Truck with newton ball also looks cheap. I thought about trying to switch out with a real metal cast version but it is a one off Gomez design and it is portrayed in most of the animations-so I would have to keep it and live with it. Wish is was metal instead of plastic(just looks cheap).

Yes,Pinball Browser/Dont care > -Call-outs are a bit hillbilly and animations are sub-par. I would have preferred clips from the movies-like what Ritchie did with Star Wars.

Game theme not my thing but the gameplay decided the purchase / Great fun to make the combo's and not thinking i will be bored anytime soon

#218 4 years ago

Anyone know when Le’s ship?

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Pop up in the return lane? Who thought of this? It stops ball in middle of return lane for explanation of mode, absolutely terrible and it kills flow. I thought I could cancel animation with pushing both flipper buttons-but no it makes you wait. That should be the first thing they correct in code update. Good thing is-it is easily fixed with code update(hopefully).

Elwin has stated that he doesn't like scoops. Those are the real flow killer. Fine when they're lit for something, but really unsatisfying to hit when they're not lit...and it takes away space that could be a better all-around shot.

Just about every modern machine stops the ball one way or another to give you mode instructions, but yeah, it's strange that you can't skip through everything.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know when Le’s ship?

I was told "estimated late September, hopefully" by the distributor I bought my pro from.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Elwin has stated that he doesn't like scoops. Those are the real flow killer. Fine when they're lit for something, but really unsatisfying to hit when they're not lit...and it takes away space that could be a better all-around shot.

Didn't his Archer pinball machine have a scoop?

#222 4 years ago

Ya, the el-cheapo T-Rex would be the first thing I would change out as well! All the sweet art work and a dollar store T-Rex! WTF? Anyway our local coin-op has a pro on order! So I get to try one out!!

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Didn't his Archer pinball machine have a scoop?

Dunno, I was just echoing what Keith said here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/44#post-5120009

Maiden Premium has a scoop under the center jumpramp, but it is only accessible a few times a game...so it’s really more of a secondary shot that is only revealed when needed.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Pop up in the return lane? Who thought of this?

The designer. His name is Keith Elwin, top ranked pinball player in the world and up and coming star at Stern. If he wants it there, then he has a good reason.

Quoted from pinmister:

animations are sub-par.

Hardly. They look great, and are by far the best Stern has ever done.

#225 4 years ago

I’m probably gonna order a pro in the next week, and thinking this topper looks better then most I’ve seen out there.

https://tilttopper.com/shop?keywords=Jurassic&olsPage=products%2Fjurassic-park-pinball-topper

Not sure how to link videos to this site (computer challenged) but the link takes you to a video.
98E32FB4-4C2A-40FF-B7B5-4D71388F7C79 (resized).jpeg98E32FB4-4C2A-40FF-B7B5-4D71388F7C79 (resized).jpeg

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I’m probably gonna order a pro in the next week, and thinking this topper looks better then most I’ve seen out there.
https://tilttopper.com/shop?keywords=Jurassic&olsPage=products%2Fjurassic-park-pinball-topper
Not sure how to link videos to this site (computer challenged) but the link takes you to a video.
[quoted image]

That's pretty nice! Best I've seen

#227 4 years ago

Love that topper, would be nice if the lighting was a bit more interactive. Slow pulse is nice for attract mode but would seem out of place during game play.

#228 4 years ago

Man oh man.... My fiancee and I are re watching the whole jurassic movie series. 1st movie, amazing!! Still holds up by today's standards. 2nd one, what a crap fest LOL!! Terrible story, bad acting by some of the cast, and the CGI seemed worse than the 1st movie?! Goldblum was the only major actor in a repeat role. Maybe there's a reason I don't remember much about this one. On to the 3rd installment soon

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

[quoted image]

I am an anti-topper person, and even I think this looks incredible.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

These are what I made. Good enough for now for a guy who doesnt own a PC. Made them on my phone.[quoted image][quoted image]

Updated with the full resolution files and font. Sorry you’ll have to scroll because I put a lot into one post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The designer. His name is Keith Elwin, top ranked pinball player in the world and up and coming star at Stern. If he wants it there, then he has a good reason.

Up posts in the return lane are used in Cactus Canyon. They’re great fun. Surprised it’s taken this long for them to be used again.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Am I crazy to go JP DE and Stern PRO instead of just Stern prem?

Yes u are and theres nothing wrong with that. "some people never go crazy, what truly boring lives they must lead" Barfly 1987
barflyrev (resized).jpgbarflyrev (resized).jpg

#233 4 years ago

Looks liek mine is showing up this week; neato!

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Awesome man! I'm jealous

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LE? Or Pro.

#236 4 years ago

Just picked mine up at the terminal! Should be set up and ready to play in an hour or so at Meta-Games Unlimited in Springfield Mo

#238 4 years ago

Can someone tell me how many balls JP uses?

I want to order Silverjets for it.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Confirmed 6...so it's always nice to pick up a few extra and you should have enough.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My guess would be 6...so it's always nice to pick up a few extra and you should have enough.

#241 4 years ago

Grabbing mine tomorrow!

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Confirmed 6...so it's always nice to pick up a few extra and you should have enough.

Thanks!

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Grabbing mine tomorrow!

I hear mine is ready Wednesday....buuuut looks like I can't make it till Saturday (1st world problems!)
Shit Guess I better hustle and get that Stars working

#244 4 years ago

My WOZLE just left the house. Getting ready to place an order for a JP Premium. Anyone hearing September or is it more likely October?

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just ordered 40 Ninja Chrome balls from Ball Baron for my machines. Never used them before, but I've heard good things. Same with the silverjets.

#246 4 years ago

I just ordered 40 Ninja Chrome balls from Ball Baron for my machines. Never used them before, but I've heard good things. Same with the silverjets.

They are good on games that don't have magnets.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They are good on games that don't have magnets.

I did read about that, and I'm going to put that to the test. I'll be putting them in a RBION, and a GoTG along with my JP when it arrives. Apparently there is some debate as to which games actually cause the magnetism and how quickly it happens if at all. No better way to find out than throw some balls in there and get flipping I suppose.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I am in love

Spill it! Let's hear the details man!!

#250 4 years ago

Any make it up to Canada yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 12,999.99
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/5?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.