(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 426.
#2901 4 years ago

Excited for the update. Trying to download the Pro code, but after a few minutes the download stops and I get a "Network Error" message. My computer always has this issue with Spike games, not Sam ones.

Can scomeone please DM me the game code, if possible?

Nevermind. Fixed.

#2902 4 years ago

I can't get my game to update. Stays stuck on the GAME CODE UPDATE screen.

#2903 4 years ago

Does the update overwrite GC and high scores?

#2904 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It did on mine

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Warning for everyone about .095 update -- my raptor pen on a Pro is really wonky now. Doesn't seem to register shots (though a hit does increase the score) and makes the raptor modes impossible. Bummer. Checking to see if anyone can verify the problem.

Did you install the Premium/le code on your Pro?

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Did you install the Premium/le code on your Pro?

Why yes I did.

Installing the correct code now.

#2907 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

not on mine...saved them

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

not on mine...saved them

Might be because I installed the LE code on the Pro. Goodbye 800 million score. Hope to see you again soon.

#2909 4 years ago

Different usb stick worked.
Settings and scores saved.

#2910 4 years ago

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what exactly do I do once the download is completed? I have already initiated the download & it's stating 1hr37min remaining. I have an older computer w/ windows 10, but what do I do once the download is complete? I do have a USB ready, also what is FAT32? Obviously, I'm the only person on this site that doesn't own a cell phone.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what exactly do I do once the download is completed? I have already initiated the download & it's stating 1hr37min remaining. I have an older computer w/ windows 10, but what do I do once the download is complete? I do have a USB ready, also what is FAT32? Obviously, I'm the only person on this site that doesn't own a cell phone.

instructions are in the readme (posted here recently)

FAT32 is a format. In windows you can right click on the USB drive and FORMAT . FAT32 is default and your USB might be formatted already.

I had to reformat mine today, so always worth it.

Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains two files
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

In simple terms, once the update has downloaded. Unzip the folders using winzip, or some other suitable program. Then, after unzipping, move the 2 files to your USB stick. With machine off, insert the stick into either of the 2 USB ports in the back box. Turn machine on. If you did the previous steps correctly, the game will walk you through the rest using the buttons inside the coin door. If I can do it, anyone can

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you install the correct code, no, no settings or scores should be altered.

#2914 4 years ago

Spoiler alert! Jurassic Park pro visitor center wizard mode.

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Spoiler alert! Jurassic Park pro visitor center wizard mode.

I love it!!!!! Now if I could just get there

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I love it!!!!! Now if I could just get there

Visitor center..... I am just trying to make that damn "o" shot. I am not going to get too far if I cant hit that shot.

#2917 4 years ago

So i know everyone here has been routinely getting to visitor center before 0.95 and putting up 900m on ball 1 and stuff..

I barely make it through 3 paddocks. My GC is 300m. I have the outlane posts in the default middle position and haven't changed any EB settings.

Are you all just pinball gods or what?

#2918 4 years ago

I’ve been playing for almost 20 years. High score is around 2 billion. That game I played in the video was only 900 million.

#2919 4 years ago

I'm still chasing that 1 billion dragon... my high is 950 or so.

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

So i know everyone here has been routinely getting to visitor center before 0.95 and putting up 900m on ball 1 and stuff..
I barely make it through 3 paddocks. My GC is 300m. I have the outlane posts in the default middle position and haven't changed any EB settings.

I'm right there with you, but learning more and getting better.

#2921 4 years ago

Found these guys on Amazon.

898F38AD-2ED8-45A5-9AF5-06A5B6FCC7C6 (resized).jpeg898F38AD-2ED8-45A5-9AF5-06A5B6FCC7C6 (resized).jpegD0124BE8-2259-4576-9DC6-2D6E934D1965 (resized).jpegD0124BE8-2259-4576-9DC6-2D6E934D1965 (resized).jpeg
#2922 4 years ago

Played two of the mini wizard modes tonight and they were pretty fun...thanks JP team.

115E6A1F-2D1A-4D84-B4F4-F62ACADE78C3 (resized).jpeg115E6A1F-2D1A-4D84-B4F4-F62ACADE78C3 (resized).jpeg4DE878E4-080F-4F8F-AE30-2347CBC10A88 (resized).jpeg4DE878E4-080F-4F8F-AE30-2347CBC10A88 (resized).jpeg
#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'm curious about the reason for removing the score specific backgrounds from name entry and now having it as just the single waterfall background for all. I thought it was a really nice bit of polish to have the different backgrounds relating to each score.

From Keith over on Tilt in regards to the Bonus Champ bug:
"Whole high score system getting an overhaul so no it wasn’t fixed."

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Are you all just pinball gods or what?

I dropped my outlane posts all the way down, but left everything else stock. My average scores range from 80k to 200k. Every once in a while I'll hit a good game and get into the 400k range. Current grand wizard score at about 850k. It WILL come to you at some point. Just keep playing, and get better and better at feeling the shots. I'm also learning about nudging very quickly thanks to JP. Lol

#2925 4 years ago

My average scores range from 80k to 200k

Skillshot is worth more than that

#2926 4 years ago

I dropped my outlane posts all the way down, but left everything else stock. My average scores range from 80k to 200k. Every once in a while I'll hit a good game and get into the 400k range. Current grand wizard score at about 850k. It WILL come to you at some point. Just keep playing, and get better and better at feeling the shots. I'm also learning about nudging very quickly thanks to JP. Lol

I read the rules and now try to put some thought into the shots and now I am really bad. I was better before when i was just shooting at anything - frustrating. I am much better at games that favor the right flipper but this game has the "o" and the "s". I struggle with those.

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

From Keith over on Tilt in regards to the Bonus Champ bug:
"Whole high score system getting an overhaul so no it wasn’t fixed."

I wonder if they'd add a couple high score of the day spots for people to enter initials. My kids like that on POTC. Gives them a chance to enter their names... sometimes

#2928 4 years ago

It WILL come to you at some point. Just keep playing, and get better and better at feeling the shots. I'm also learning about nudging very quickly thanks to JP. Lol

It feels like there are some crazy physics going on at times. A good bounce off of the top of the right slingshot almost always beelines into the left outlane. I've also had quite a few balls that started down the inner lanes and must be spinning enough to walk back up the half to full ball width and take the outlane path instead. I switched to white rubbers and it somehow seems to be worse than the stock blacks that came with the table.

Quoted from marksf123:

I read the rules and now try to put some thought into the shots and now I am really bad. I was better before when i was just shooting at anything - frustrating. I am much better at games that favor the right flipper but this game has the "o" and the "s". I struggle with those.

What's helping me learn better aim is looking at the ball's position on the flipper longer, and waiting until after it's left the flipper before looking to see where it went. I'm also trying to learn what I can backhand with a high consistency, like the raptor pit entrance from the left flipper, and the right set trap target from the right flipper. The right loop and Helipad are tough shots though, I agree.

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Just want to give a shout out to Dan Dean, from Pinwoofers. Just finished installing a Super Kit on my Premium. Amazing difference! This makes the game totally different. I cannot believe the difference. If you're going to do ANYTHING to improve your JP, upgrading your sound is a must! And Pinwoofers is an awesome business with an awesome product! This is Dan and his daughter's business, and they're super supportive and know their stuff. Just my two cents. And I'm not affiliated with Pinwoofers at all. Just a happy two time customer!

Interesting, so this replaces the speakers in the backbox cabinet, as well as the one below? Are the factory ones just that bad?

Would you also use an external sub with this or remove that if you already have one?

#2930 4 years ago

What do you mean by "dropped my outlane posts all the way down". Are they moveable??!

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

What do you mean by "dropped my outlane posts all the way down". Are they moveable??!

Yep, this is the left outlane post, note the hole on each side:

The lower hole (Left in picture) will make an outlane drain easier to avoidThe lower hole (Left in picture) will make an outlane drain easier to avoid

#2932 4 years ago

Here's a pro tip. You don't have to adjust your upper flipper alignment to make the helipad shot. Just press the right flipper button to raise the flipper while you shoot it with your left flipper. This is like in TZ, which has an upper right flipper shot that requires raising the upper left flipper.

#2933 4 years ago

If your helipad shots are hitting the upper flipper, you're missing it regardless. Aim low and try to ride the wall up into the ramp.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Here's a pro tip. You don't have to adjust your upper flipper alignment to make the helipad shot. Just press the right flipper button to raise the flipper while you shoot it with your left flipper. This is like in TZ, which has an upper right flipper shot that requires raising the upper left flipper.

I don't see this being quite the same as the TZ camera shot; the post in front of the flipper prevents this. Even if you do end up banking the ball off the underside of the upper right flipper, does it always keep enough momentum to still make it up the half-pipe?

That, and if you are hitting the raised flipper you actually made the right orbit shot and missed the Helipad. Wouldn't you be better of just letting it go through the right orbit to recover and try again?

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If your helipad shots are hitting the upper flipper, you're missing it regardless. Aim low and try to ride the wall up into the ramp.

Quoted from Flipstream:

I don't see this being quite the same as the TZ camera shot; the post in front of the flipper prevents this. Even if you do end up banking the ball off the underside of the upper right flipper, does it always keep enough momentum to still make it up the half-pipe?
That, and if you are hitting the raised flipper you actually made the right orbit shot and missed the Helipad. Wouldn't you be better of just letting it go through the right orbit to recover and try again?

Wasn't trying to bank it, but just get it out of the way because I had a lot of shots hit the under side of the flipper.
But maybe I was missing it anyway like @yancy suggests and it's not really helping. But the bat does extend a bit to the right of the post. Don't have a pic on hand but I'll look at it again tonight.

#2936 4 years ago

I have not read all through the posts so if someone has already asked I'm sorry! What game is better TZ or the premium Jurassic park. I'm thinking of letting my TZ go and buying one. I'm out of room so 1 has to go.

#2937 4 years ago

When the ball rolls down from a bricked helipad shot, should it hit the rubber at the end of the guide and bounce over to the left flipper or should it miss the rubber and go SDTM like mine does. Wonder if the guide needs some adjustment?

20191127_184118 (resized).jpg20191127_184118 (resized).jpg
#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

When the ball rolls down from a bricked helipad shot, should it hit the rubber at the end of the guide and bounce over to the left flipper or should it miss the rubber and go SDTM like mine does. Wonder if the guide needs some adjustment?[quoted image]

Yours is definitely too far out into the lane. It should hit the rubber and go to the left flipper.

#2939 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Yours is definitely too far out into the lane. It should hit the rubber and go to the left flipper.

That may help. I'll see if I can adjust it

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

I have not read all through the posts so if someone has already asked I'm sorry! What game is better TZ or the premium Jurassic park. I'm thinking of letting my TZ go and buying one. I'm out of room so 1 has to go.

Way too subjective to answer. TZ is one of the greats; I'd hate to see someone let it go simply due to space as opposed to folding it up and parking it for a while. As awesome as JP is, you liked TZ enough to buy and maintain it and may kick yourself later for letting it go.

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

When the ball rolls down from a bricked helipad shot, should it hit the rubber at the end of the guide and bounce over to the left flipper or should it miss the rubber and go SDTM like mine does. Wonder if the guide needs some adjustment?[quoted image]

Definitely should hit rubber and bounce to left flipper.

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Just about to ask this too. So adjust guide to left flipper, not left sling. Boom boom out the side ! That’s been the killer drain for me so far

#2943 4 years ago

On Pre/LE, post passing with red rubbers was nigh on impossible , so much grip & bounce it would do a crazy backspin down the middle each time.

Is there a known reason for red? shoots fine with superbands, can pass now to select a flipper , finally

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Way too subjective to answer. TZ is one of the greats; I'd hate to see someone let it go simply due to space as opposed to folding it up and parking it for a while. As awesome as JP is, you liked TZ enough to buy and maintain it and may kick yourself later for letting it go.

Thank you for your opinion! I'm torn between the two! I have head they are not going to remake the TZ and addams family so part of me wants to keep the TZ! I hate having to pick 1 or the other. Lol

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

Thank you for your opinion! I'm torn between the two! I have head they are not going to remake the TZ and addams family so part of me wants to keep the TZ! I hate having to pick 1 or the other. Lol

You should be able to get a Stern JP anytime for the next couple of years, and be able to play it in the wild. Try to be patient and hold on to TZ for a while longer and see what happens with CGC.

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Any idea how I adjust this? I've loosened off the guide but appears to be virtually no movement. The end of the guide is also touching the rubber.
Can anyone show photos of theirs please.

20191127_194541 (resized).jpg20191127_194541 (resized).jpg
#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

IMO Don’t part with the TZ. Find another way to buy the JPPrem. I have both and I still Play TZ very often. Unless you are bored with your TZ.

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

There is a WTB ad for Avatar about 5 hours away from you. I would unload your Avatar and get money for JP. Keep TZ and TAF.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Just about to ask this too. So adjust guide to left flipper, not left sling. Boom boom out the side ! That’s been the killer drain for me so far

On mine it depends a bit on the speed of the ball coming back out of the helipad as it hits the rubber. If it’s moving fast enough the bounce off the rubber will carry it to the left sling. However, I’ve learned to nudge forward every time the ball is about to hit that rubber and that’s really helped it go to the left flipper instead of the sling.

#2950 4 years ago

You're out of room and you have to let TZ go? What about that Gilligan's Island? I can't imagine you have room for that over TZ or JP.

Quoted from shane63026:

I'm out of room so 1 has to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.